Atheism and homosexuality

Atheism and homosexuality

There are 3861 comments on the Conservapedia story from Dec 5, 2011, titled Atheism and homosexuality. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#3983 Nov 20, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
After reading your continuous whackjob posts I am convinced that the URL of this site is scrawled on the toilet wall in a mental hospital somewhere.
.......Srsly..........
Now we know where you got it from. Morrisset?
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#3984 Nov 21, 2013
It's good news that same sex marriage is becoming law in so many enlightened societies.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>If somebody broke the law seven years ago, that doesn't change the facts. The timing is slow, not terrible.
Better late than never.
<quoted text>The punishment was "suspended for 30 days Tuesday and told he will lose his credentials if he violates any of the church's rules in that time." He was unrepentant and refused to promise to keep Church law. If he doesn't respect the church's laws, he should leave it like Subduction Zone had the integrity to do, not masquerade as a minister to a church that he opposes.
<quoted text>That's a media thing, don't let it bother you. Truth doesn't change just because some broadcaster says otherwise. Remember, they were trying to sell you healthcare plans too.
<quoted text>A Christian women turned down a same sex wedding gig requested by a long term customer, it made him feel sad. Rather than looking for a vendor who wants their business, he sued. The harm was done to Baronelle Stutzman, at least from a financial perspective. Sure, the plaintiff's feelings were hurt, but rather than find another florist for the happiest days of their lives, they decided on court litigation.
<quoted text>Nobody's questioning a father's love, their questioning the judgement of an ordained United Methodist minister who clearly ignored church law. He took the risk when he violated his covenant with his congregation and performed a same sex marriage contrary to the teachings and law of the Methodist Church. If he had only attended, and had a colleague from another Christian church, that allowed same sex marriage, he wouldn't have been prosecuted.
The issue is violating an office, not a father's love or a gay son's marriage.
<quoted text>You apply justice instead of emotion. You read, study and learn the truth instead of letting emotions and name calling turn you aside.
<quoted text>Right, at the time and now, same sex marriage was legal in other parts of America, but instead of following the law, we have a pastor who advocates against the law.
<quoted text>S.Z. wishes the church just kept their mouths shut so a renegade pastor wouldn't have to face justice.
<quoted text>30 days suspension is positive? How? Do you think he'll lose credentials? I hope more same sex marriage supporters learn of God's mercy and justice.
<quoted text>I agree, it was probably an atheist stiffing the waiter or the Christian appeared to leave no tip on paper but gave him cash to shelter the income from taxes.
<quoted text>Leftism is like a religion, not Christianity I admit. Keep up the good work.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#3985 Nov 21, 2013
This is the high water mark:

Gay-marriage momentum comes to a sudden halt after Illinois

By Cheryl Wetzstein-The Washington Times Tuesday, November 19, 2013

As Illinois becomes the 16th state to approve gay marriage at a public signing ceremony set for Wednesday, the political trench warfare over same-sex unions may be facing a watershed moment: Illinois is the last state where gay-marriage advocates have an advantage in both the governor’s office and statehouse, and defenders of traditional marriage say the political playing field will be far more level in the remaining 34 states in the years ahead....

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/...

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#3987 Nov 21, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
As Illinois becomes the 16th state to approve gay marriage at a public signing ceremony set for Wednesday, the political trench warfare over same-sex unions may be facing a watershed moment: Illinois is the last state where gay-marriage advocates have an advantage in both the governor’s office and statehouse, and defenders of traditional marriage say the political playing field will be far more level in the remaining 34 states in the years ahead....
Brian, we've also been winning in the courts, and a majority of the population supports equality.

I know there are idiots, like yourself, who think that equality won't come to pass, but you are wrong.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#3988 Nov 21, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Creationism is no excuse for hating women and gays, Brian.
Skeptic writes of "hating women and gays" and I've noted men and women are different and there's nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality. Political opposition to same sex marriage isn't an emotional decision; the issue is the greatest common good.

-Skeptic- wrote:
Concentrate on proving the god you're here to lie about. Once you've proven your god, all your ignorant opinions that come from this belief can be discussed, because they will be facts instead of mere ignorant prejudiced opinion from a cult member.
Skeptic hasn't learned I'm not interested in discussing his religious beliefs. Why not peddle them door to door or try giving away pamphlets in a bus or train station?
Rick not in Kansas yet

Salina, KS

#3989 Nov 21, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
I really don't mind breaking this to you and Brian Brown, but those states which still prohibit same sex marriages have made themselves very easy targets. The next state ban to go before the Supremes kills them all, whether you like it or not. They have already prolonged the inevitable once when they ducked out ruling on the Perry case on the facts, you won't be that lucky again. Get used to it now, it'll take some of the sting out of it when it actually happens.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#3990 Nov 21, 2013
The sting comes from losing your job over a word. I'm with Alec Baldwin against the PC word police and the stalker.

It's not like he was engaging in homophobia against an actual gay person, he was cursing out a stalker with whatever bad words popped into his head.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#3991 Nov 21, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Gay-marriage momentum comes to a sudden halt after Illinois...snip...
LOL. It's only been about 48 hours.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#3992 Nov 21, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Skeptic writes of "hating women and gays" and I've noted men and women are different and there's nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality. Political opposition to same sex marriage isn't an emotional decision; the issue is the greatest common good.snip.
You remind me of the people who had no problem with black people as long as we kept our place.

You can only be against gay marriage for emotional reasons. Bigotry.
Like yours. How is the common good harmed by gay marriage?

“From a distance...”

Since: Apr 08

Planet Earth

#3993 Nov 21, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Skeptic writes of "hating women and gays" and I've noted men and women are different
You've also lied by claiming gender isn't a protected class under constitutional equal protection law.
Brian_G wrote:
and there's nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality.
But you still advocate harming them through discrimination and infringement of their fundamental rights. One hates to think what you advocate for groups of people you claim not to like.
Brian_G wrote:
Political opposition to same sex marriage isn't an emotional decision; the issue is the greatest common good.
Incorrect as usual. Fundamental rights are intrinsic to being human and therefore the ability for any given person or group of people to exercise them is not predicated on the "greatest common good". The state is forbidden to restrict fundamental rights absent a compelling interest to do so that rationally relates the restriction to the asserted interest.
Brian_G wrote:
Skeptic hasn't learned I'm not interested in discussing his religious beliefs.
But apparently you've yet to learn people are tired of of your repetitive spamming of multiple threads with the same refuted crap and lies.
Brian_G wrote:
Why not peddle them door to door or try giving away pamphlets in a bus or train station?
Indeed, why don't you?
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#3995 Nov 21, 2013
Which has nothing to do with same sex marriage becoming law in more and more enlightened territories.
Brian_G wrote:
The sting comes from losing your job over a word. I'm with Alec Baldwin against the PC word police and the stalker.
It's not like he was engaging in homophobia against an actual gay person, he was cursing out a stalker with whatever bad words popped into his head.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#3996 Nov 21, 2013
Atheism and homosexuality go hand in hand as a minority,and share the same values,also the same targeting for bigotry.
Siro

Sydney, Australia

#3999 Nov 22, 2013
What atheism is really about....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Milita...

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#4002 Nov 22, 2013
Siro wrote:
What atheism is really about....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Milita...
I'll see your "League of Militant Atheists" ("...developed in Soviet Russia under the influence of the ideological and cultural views and policies of the Soviet Communist Party from 1925 to 1947.")

...and raise you "Christian Reconstructionism" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Recons... and "Dominion Theology" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominionism .

"Rousas John Rushdoony wrote in his magnum opus, The Institutes of Biblical Law: "The heresy of democracy has since then worked havoc in church and state... Christianity and democracy are inevitably enemies", and elsewhere said that "Christianity is completely and radically anti-democratic; it is committed to spiritual aristocracy," and characterized democracy as "the great love of the failures and cowards of life."
Siro

Sydney, Australia

#4003 Nov 22, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
...and raise you "Christian Reconstructionism" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Recons... and "Dominion Theology" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominionism .
"Rousas John Rushdoony wrote in his magnum opus, The Institutes of Biblical Law: "The heresy of democracy has since then worked havoc in church and state... Christianity and democracy are inevitably enemies", and elsewhere said that "Christianity is completely and radically anti-democratic; it is committed to spiritual aristocracy," and characterized democracy as "the great love of the failures and cowards of life."
Tell it to a christian.......
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#4006 Nov 22, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Siro proof of god.
I see on your Post it says 'Location Hidden' That tells us all we need to know of your situation.

That Bin Ladin also was in a hidden location.

Nothing to do with you of-course,but it does seem kind of a interesting note of familiarity.
LCNLin

United States

#4009 Nov 23, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Its funny how creationists claim to care about your situation one minute and are threatening you with eternal torture next - classic abuse pattern.
It is amusing watching you attempt to fit your entire vocabulary into a sentence.:-)
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#4010 Nov 23, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Its funny how creationists claim to care about your situation one minute and are threatening you with eternal torture next - classic abuse pattern.
Yea. It is pretty dammed funny the way you toss in all that swanky high class fancy talk.
You speak good english.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4011 Nov 23, 2013
Thinking wrote:
siro is such a fucktard.
I was taught science, languages, humanities, etc.
siro was only taught heterosexuality.
No wonder he's barely literate.
<quoted text>
Indeed.

I've been enjoying Skeptic's pun for some time now:

"siro proof of god"

Too funny!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4012 Nov 23, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that wedding story today. What I did not pick up was that it was 7 years ago. The wheels of "justice" turn very slowly at that church. Worse yet their decision's timing is terrible. seven years ago they could probably have been able to punish that pastor without too much of a backlash. I don't think that is the case today. In the last few years there has been a noticeable turn around in regards to gay marriage.
And let's look at the case you brought up. A father, who happens to be a minister, takes the risk of performing a wedding ceremony for a son that he loves. How do you not look like the bad guy for prosecuting the man who did that? Worse yet it is seven years after the fact. Seven Years.
The church should have just kept their mouths shut. The punishment of this minister is going to be a positive event for gay marriage.
I won't comment on your second article beyond saying that was an idiot being an idiot and should not reflect badly on Christianity as a whole. And interesting enough I am both an ex-Christian and an ex-waiter.
Indeed. These bigots will go down the drain screaming "we're being oppressed" the whole way.

I saw a lovely cartoon the other day:

A Genuine Christian™ was hitting an obviously gay man over the head with a large cross-- finally, the gay man had had enough, grabs the cross, and prepares to break it in half.

The Genuine Christian™ cries out: "Have some respect! Help! I'm being persecuted, here!"

... meh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Endofdays 81,921
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 7 hr Science 2,206
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Sat Science 33,086
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Oct 18 Eagle 12 - 3,978
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) Oct 11 old_moose 233
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) Oct 10 blacklagoon 3 94
Deconversion (Feb '17) Oct 10 Eagle 12 - 145
More from around the web