Atheism and homosexuality

Atheism and homosexuality

There are 3861 comments on the Conservapedia story from Dec 5, 2011, titled Atheism and homosexuality. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Thinking

Royston, UK

#3797 Nov 13, 2013
In just 30 years time most conservative types will wonder what all their fuss was about. They were the same about US segregation laws.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. The Human Race slowly moves into an adult civilization-- having given up the childhood bullsh7t like religion.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#3798 Nov 13, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
They've also endorsed massive government spending,
How? Be Specific.
Brian_G wrote:
intrusion into privacy
How? Be Specific.
Brian_G wrote:
and destroying cultural distinctions between male and female.
Brian, do you understand what equality under the law means? It means that the law treats everyone equally regardless of any other distinction or charachteristic.
Brian_G wrote:
Lemmings endorse cliff diving, the left endorses same sex marriage.
That might be a good activity for you.
Brian_G wrote:
Conservatives in the first world are defending marriage as one man and one woman against discrimination, sex segregated marriage is disunity and separatism. Who can blame them for praising diversity and affirmative action against segregation?
Conservatives are trying to hold fellow citizens as second class citizens with less than equal protection of the law.

Brian, why do you hate the US Constitution, and its promise of equal protection for all?

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#3799 Nov 13, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
They want to call her a criminal because their usual methods include defamation. Truth isn't a primary value, marriage equality is.
If you love truth, keep marriage one man and one woman. Don't teach your children theirs no difference between a boy or a girl or a man or a woman or a mother or a father; teach them the truth.
No, she's a criminal because she broke the law.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#3800 Nov 13, 2013
lides wrote:
Brian, do you understand what equality under the law means? It means that the law treats everyone equally regardless of any other distinction or charachteristic.
And they do. State laws apply equally to everyone in that state, regardless of any other distinction or characteristic. Unless you are a politician or municipal employee.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3801 Nov 13, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
And they do. State laws apply equally to everyone in that state, regardless of any other distinction or characteristic.
Mary comes into the courthouse to get a marriage license.

Bob, a man, shows up and wants to enter that contract with Mary. He is allowed.
Susie, a woman, shows up and wants to enter that contract with Mary. She is denied.

The only difference between Bob and Susie is their gender.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3802 Nov 13, 2013
Thinking wrote:
In just 30 years time most conservative types will wonder what all their fuss was about. They were the same about US segregation laws.
<quoted text>
Yes they were. And the same about women's right to vote, even earlier.

Idiots, the lot--- they cannot see reality due to the fact they are constantly staring at their own reflections in the mirror...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3803 Nov 13, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Susie, a woman, shows up and wants to enter that contract with Mary. She is denied.
I'm afraid you did not make it simple enough for these bigots...

... seriously. They **are** that stupid.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#3804 Nov 13, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The truth argues against Rose and most same sex marriage supporters:
“When it came to doing his wedding, I said,‘I could not do it because of my relationship with Jesus Christ.’ He thanked me and said he respected my opinion. We talked and gave each other a hug and he left,” she wrote.
Stutzman said she believes “biblically” that marriage is between a man and a woman.
“I have hired all walks of people in different circumstances, and had the privilege of working with some very talented people that happen to be gay.”
But Robert Ingersoll couldn’t do the decent thing and give Barronelle Stutzman what gay rights activists claim they want; tolerance.
“I have dealt with Rob several times. He’s a nice guy,” Barronelle Stutzman said.
But for Ingersoll, the rejection stung.
“We’re both passionate about seeing people succeed and that nobody should be hurt or in pain,” he said.“This is one of those things — it’s very hurtful. I probably haven’t felt this much pain since I was in high school and people called me names, and I’m 42.”
And after enough whining, Ingersoll decided to spread the pain that was eating at his soul and making him so very sad.
Ingersoll realizes that while much of the attention has been supportive, he and his partner also will face a backlash.
“People are going to hate us,” he said.“That is sad and makes me unhappy. I know people are going to come out of the woodwork and going to be hateful. I don’t say hateful things. I’m not that kind of person.”
Ingersoll sure is unhappy a lot and his response to unhappiness is to make other people unhappy. This is also known as liberalism.
And when liberalism rules, the jackboots sooner or later show up on your doorstep.
http://frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/aclu...
They weren't sued for refusing to participate in a religious ceremony, fundie.
You fundies don't have real arguments, so you just scream "liberal".

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#3805 Nov 13, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
How? Be Specific.
<quoted text>
How? Be Specific.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
That might be a good activity for you.
<quoted text>
Conservatives are trying to hold fellow citizens as second class citizens with less than equal protection of the law.
Brian, why do you hate the US Constitution, and its promise of equal protection for all?
Prohibiting same sex marriage IS equal.

Same protection for everyone. There is no attempt at a law that says this group can marry the same sex, but this group cannot.

The protection is across the board. Equal.

You want something other than equal protection.

Why won't you say what it is you want?

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#3806 Nov 13, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
And if Bill wants to enter the contract with Bob, he cannot.

Only difference in Bill and Mary - gender.

Both are limited to marriage with the opposite sex.

Totally equal.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#3807 Nov 13, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>

No, 1-Eye, you hate the Constitution.

I suspect if you knew what it says, you would hate it even more.

You still haven't turned in your homework assignment.

Panorama City, CA

#3808 Nov 13, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>They've also endorsed massive government spending, intrusion into privacy and destroying cultural distinctions between male and female. Lemmings endorse cliff diving, the left endorses same sex marriage.
Conservatives in the first world are defending marriage as one man and one woman against discrimination, sex segregated marriage is disunity and separatism. Who can blame them for praising diversity and affirmative action against segregation?
Con dumbs claim to be for small government, buy you are liars. Massive government spending? What about Pax Americana? What about a fence along the South border? What about a huge prison system housing people for victimless "crimes"?
And, fundie, one man, one woman is discrimination.

Panorama City, CA

#3809 Nov 13, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally equal.
That's like saying everybody could sit in the section assigned to their race under Jim Crow, so that was totally equal.
Sorry, stupid, a man can marry a woman, but a woman can't.
A woman can marry a man, but a man can't.
Not equal.

Location hidden

#3810 Nov 13, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally equal.
Nope, Susie is being prevented from taking an action that Bob can make on the basis of her gender alone. Not equal.

Do you believe anti-miscegenation are equal?

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#3811 Nov 13, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, Susie is being prevented from taking an action that Bob can make on the basis of her gender alone. Not equal.
Do you believe anti-miscegenation are equal?
Wrong.

There is no right to marry a particular person.

Neither is discriminated against when Bill cannot marry Bob and Mary cannot marry Susie.

The law is equal for both.

Panorama City, CA

#3812 Nov 13, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>They want to call her a criminal because their usual methods include defamation. Truth isn't a primary value, marriage equality is.
If you love truth, keep marriage one man and one woman. Don't teach your children theirs no difference between a boy or a girl or a man or a woman or a mother or a father; teach them the truth.
I'd teach my children the difference between "theirs" and "there's", that god is just a myth, and that fundies are stupid bigots, I'd point to your posts as evidence.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#3813 Nov 13, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like saying everybody could sit in the section assigned to their race under Jim Crow, so that was totally equal.
Sorry, stupid, a man can marry a woman, but a woman can't.
A woman can marry a man, but a man can't.
Not equal.
No, that's not like saying each can sit in his own section according to race, Rose Blowhole.

The marriage law by opposite sex says everyone sits in the same section. Everybody, if they marry, is limited to the opposite sex.

If the law said black people could not marry the same-sex, but white people can, then your analogy would be valid.

It does not, so it does not.

Panorama City, CA

#3814 Nov 13, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Neither is discriminated against when Bill cannot marry Bob and Mary cannot marry Susie.
But, stupid, Bill can't marry Bob, but Mary can.
Not equal.
Why are you against equality?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3815 Nov 13, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Why are you even typing, when your fraudlent cult has no proof of god?

How is society to help cure your mental illness?

Location hidden

#3816 Nov 13, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
They are preventing from performing an action on their gender alone. It's plain discrimination. If you wish to defend the validity of that discrimination, go for it. But trying to pretend it isn't discrimination is ridiculous.

Do you consider anti-miscegenation laws equal?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 20 min Dogen 85,550
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 51 min Dogen 4,868
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Wed ChristineM 4,026
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jan 16 Into The Night 5,146
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Jan 15 Dogen 33,127
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Jan 15 superwilly 111
News Egypt's parliament takes serious actions to com... Jan 14 emperorjohn 1
More from around the web