Atheism and homosexuality

Atheism and homosexuality

There are 3861 comments on the Conservapedia story from Dec 5, 2011, titled Atheism and homosexuality. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

doom

United States

#3696 Nov 7, 2013
The gay parade. You all are gross.

:)

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#3697 Nov 8, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, stupid, you are not correct. There is a 14th Amendment.
And there is a right to marriage.
The 14th amendment does not address same-sex marriage, or any marriage.

If there is a "right to marriage", please point out the constitutional source of it.

Take your time.

“I'm Hillary's Deplorable”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#3698 Nov 8, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
The 14th amendment does not address same-sex marriage, or any marriage. If there is a "right to marriage", please point out the constitutional source of it. Take your time.
They never debated that Amendment's application to same sex marriage at the time of passage.

The 14th Amendment was enacted to help repair the evil of slavery yet it does recognize there is no gender equality right. The Second Section explicitly lists different rights for males.

“From a distance...”

Since: Apr 08

Planet Earth

#3699 Nov 8, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
They never debated that Amendment's application to same sex marriage at the time of passage.
It doesn't matter. When it became part of the constitution, it's general language became the law of the land and applicable to everyone without regard to the specific reason prompting its adoption.
Brian_G wrote:
The 14th Amendment was enacted to help repair the evil of slavery yet it does recognize there is no gender equality right.
And yet gender has been ruled a suspect class for purposes of constitutional equal protection law. Because of it's status as the law of the land and general applicability to all states and citizens.
Brian_G wrote:
The Second Section explicitly lists different rights for males.
No it doesn't. The second section is explicitly about apportionment of members of the House of Representatives among the states. The only reference to males is in regards to reducing a state's apportionment if they deny male citizens 21 or older the right to vote within the state. There is absolutely NOTHING in this section that "lists different rights" for males.

Why do you lie, Brian?

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#3700 Nov 8, 2013
Terra Firma wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you lie, Brian?
Because without it, he wouldn't have anything at all.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3701 Nov 8, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is a "right to marriage", please point out the constitutional source of it.
Take your time.
Take your time says the criminal with no proof of god.

Location hidden

#3702 Nov 8, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you mean "Westboro Church" and I agree they are a bunch of worthless people and I will leave it at that.
They believe the same bullsh*t as you, but you don't agree with their version of the bullish*t.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#3703 Nov 8, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
They believe the same bullsh*t as you, but you don't agree with their version of the bullish*t.
Sorry to butt in but,does that mean you argree with their belifes on gays and hate our soldiers fighting and dying overseas?

Location hidden

#3704 Nov 8, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry to butt in but,does that mean you argree with their belifes on gays and hate our soldiers fighting and dying overseas?
Nothing wise about an idiot with no proof of god.

Location hidden

#3705 Nov 8, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry to butt in but,does that mean you argree with their belifes on gays and hate our soldiers fighting and dying overseas?
When you can admit you're a scared coward who runs like a child from the question "Where is your proof of god, and why is your cult full of brainwashed liars?"

Then you will qualify for a conversation about your bullsh*t politics.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3706 Nov 8, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you mean "Westboro Church" and I agree they are a bunch of worthless people and I will leave it at that.
You are correct-- I was too lazy to look up the proper spelling of that hatecult.

And I agree totally--- they are worthless.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3707 Nov 8, 2013
doom wrote:
The gay parade. You all are gross.
I am so sorry for your loss.

It is clear, you are highly jealous of all the brightly decorated gays in their parades.

Your envy is quite evident here.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#3708 Nov 8, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
When you can admit you're a scared coward who runs like a child from the question "Where is your proof of god, and why is your cult full of brainwashed liars?"
Then you will qualify for a conversation about your bullsh*t politics.
So now you think politics is bull huh?
I hope I'm not talking to a self confessed comunist.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#3709 Nov 8, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
It says, "nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws", it doesn't say "nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws, except those laws concerning marriage."
Buck Crick wrote:
Take your time.
Begging the question.
Look up the term.
Then look up "Loving v VA".

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#3710 Nov 8, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>They never debated that Amendment's application to same sex marriage at the time of passage.
So what, you cupid stunt? They never debated the Amendment's application to interracial marriage at that time, either.
Brian_G wrote:
The 14th Amendment was enacted to help repair the evil of slavery yet it does recognize there is no gender equality right. The Second Section explicitly lists different rights for males.
No, dummy, it doesn't. It's about counting people to determine the number of reps in the HOR. The second section also talks about counting different races differently.
doom

United States

#3711 Nov 8, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so sorry for your loss.
It is clear, you are highly jealous of all the brightly decorated gays in their parades.
Your envy is quite evident here.
Jealous of men who like to take it up the a$$? Not a chance fairy.

“I'm Hillary's Deplorable”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#3712 Nov 8, 2013
Asking homosexuals to rewrite marriage law is like asking atheists to rewrite your religious ceremonies.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#3713 Nov 8, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Asking homosexuals to rewrite marriage law is like asking atheists to rewrite your religious ceremonies.

How so? Explain your analogy.

Marriage is a civil/legal institution. Just because some people place it into a religious context, that doesn't make it inherently religious. Furthermore, some who do view marriage from a religious perspective are gay and lesbian people who happen to be religious.

That's the reality, your opinion notwithstanding.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#3714 Nov 9, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Nobody is "Asking homosexuals to rewrite marriage law". You're talking jibberish.

Marriage should be a matter of conscience, not law....
http://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/featur...
It will be anyway, regardless of laws, traditions or convensions.

Every marriage is unique and there are all types, regardless of legislation. There's open marriages, strictly exclusive couple marriages, some where sex is vital and others where it isn't important. There are homosexual ones and bisexual ones. They are usually monogamous but some are polygamous. Some marriages are arranged and some are for convenience. Some persist beyond their usefulness and the good they do.

(For the benefit of those who hold extreme views and desperate religionists - none of that has anything to do with bestiality or marriage to pot-plants. People who make such silly comments simply aren't listening).

There's far too much nonsense and intolerance surrounding marriage in Western society.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#3715 Nov 9, 2013
And for the pedantic:'Convensions'? I really should pay attention to my spelling, I know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 19 min Joe Fortuna 257,126
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr SoE 45,520
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 hr Eagle 12 20,246
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 3 hr Paul WV-Uncle Sam 306
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 3 hr Eagle 12 21,393
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 7 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 10,334
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) 8 hr Thinking 545
More from around the web