Atheism and homosexuality

Atheism and homosexuality

There are 3861 comments on the Conservapedia story from Dec 5, 2011, titled Atheism and homosexuality. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#3452 Nov 2, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch?
He uses a sundial... only it's always in the shade...
LOL!

Panorama City, CA

#3453 Nov 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^Do you see Rose's method? Using painful childhood experiences to suppress political opposition - pitiful bullying. Not all same sex marriage supporters use Rose's methods but nobody condemns her bullying so that doesn't really matter.
Reason 19 for keeping marriage one man and one woman: Bullying.
Bullying? You're talking about protecting male/female marriage Well, a divorce destroys a male/female marriage.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I don't watch TV nor do I insult my opponents intellect; this is where we differ.
You insult gay people every time you argue against gay marriage.

Panorama City, CA

#3454 Nov 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:

<quoted text>I don't watch TV nor do I insult my opponents intellect; this is where we differ.
BTW, stupid, I said check out "the news", you don't need to watch TV to get news.

Gay marriage has been voted in by popular vote. Look it up.

Panorama City, CA

#3455 Nov 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>That's true. I don't think that happens very often, and even if it does those benefits still go towards raising that couple's children.
However, changing marriage law to create gender segregated marriage would create a new class of same sex dependent beneficiaries, far more wasteful government spending.

You show your hate for gays, again.
Why would spending on their marriages be "wasteful"?

[QUOTE who="Brian_G"]<
<quoted text>Reason Six: Entitlement spending.
There's nothing wrong with homosexuals and homosexuality. I support freedom of association, LGBT citizens may live as they please.
What if they please to be legally married to a member of the same sex?

“From a distance...”

Since: Apr 08

Planet Earth

#3456 Nov 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
^^^Do you see Rose's method? Using painful childhood experiences to suppress political opposition - pitiful bullying.
Stating a fact (and one you personally disclosed) isn't bullying, Brian. Besides, there's no evidence your freedom of speech has been suppressed in any way as the only time I've seen of late you weren't posting in Topix was when you took your publicly announced vacation.

And if you haven't gotten over a childhood trauma, wouldn't your time be better spent seeking profession counseling to deal with it that venting your prejudice against gays in Topix every day?
Brian_G wrote:
Not all same sex marriage supporters use Rose's methods but nobody condemns her bullying so that doesn't really matter.
You think your advocacy of discrimination against and infringement of the fundamental rights of gays is deserving of respect? Really?
Brian_G wrote:
Reason 19 for keeping marriage one man and one woman: Bullying.
Lie # 19 on Brian's list.
Brian_G wrote:
I don't watch TV nor do I insult my opponents intellect
Your advocacy of prejudice and discrimination is insulting, Brian.
Brian_G wrote:
this is where we differ.
Yeah; you're a bigot and we aren't.

“From a distance...”

Planet Earth

#3457 Nov 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
That's true. I don't think that happens very often, and even if it does those benefits still go towards raising that couple's children.
However, changing marriage law to create gender segregated marriage would create a new class of same sex dependent beneficiaries, far more wasteful government spending.
Then the entitlement spending on opposite sex married couples and their children should not only be rescinded but paid back with interest. That will make a nice down payment on reducing the government's debt.

When should we advise the US Treasury that you will be sending your reimbursement check to the federal government, Brian?
Brian_G wrote:
Reason Six: Entitlement spending.
Lie # 6 on Brian's list.
Brian_G wrote:
There's nothing wrong with homosexuals and homosexuality. I support freedom of association, LGBT citizens may live as they please.
Then why do you advocate discrimination against and infringement of the fundamental right of gays to marry, Brian? Why do you seek to prevent gays from exercising their fundamental right to marry and associate with the unrelated same sex adult of their choice?
Brian_G wrote:
That's not the same as rewriting marriage law for everyone to force government to spend entitlements earmarked to help parents raise their children together, for male/male and female/female couples.
SCOTUS already ruled that federal government denial of recognition of lawfully contracted same sex marriages was unconstitutional in part because it harmed the children of gays, Brian. Your side lost; get over it and move on.
Brian_G wrote:
Our government is in world record debt, cut wasteful government spending and keep marriage one man and one woman.
Cut the money currently being spent on opposite sex marriage entitlements rather than advocating avoiding spending on same sex entitlements that don't even exist in all states. Oh, and pay back with interest all the money you've literally screwed the government out of by spawning.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#3458 Nov 2, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
Bullying? You're talking about protecting male/female marriage Well, a divorce destroys a male/female marriage.
Not quite true, divorce doesn't destroy consensual male/female marriage; it destroys marriage when consent is withdrawn, in the event of not performance of the marriage bond. Divorce destroys marriage, not family. An ex and children stay and the marriage ends.

Divorce maintains the standard of consent in marriage because without the option of parting, the union isn't voluntary. Rose has trouble understanding this fact, and I'm schooling her.

Rose_NoHo wrote:
You insult gay people every time you argue against gay marriage.
I argue against legalizing same sex marriage, "gay marriage" is a misnomer. I'm happily married, its fair to say I have a gay marriage.

I'm opposed to male/male and female/female marriage law, not to your associations or preferences as long as you have consent. If you've found a life partner, I'm happy for you. I wouldn't fool homosexuals into believing this is something equal to male/female mating and marriage; truth is love. Staying in an unhappy marriage isn't the road to happiness; just saying.

I've never insulted gays and only rarely insulted Rose in retaliation.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#3459 Nov 2, 2013
Terra Firma wrote:
Then the entitlement spending on opposite sex married couples and their children should not only be rescinded but paid back with interest. That will make a nice down payment on reducing the government's debt. When should we advise the US Treasury that you will be sending your reimbursement check to the federal government, Brian?...Cut the money currently being spent on opposite sex marriage entitlements rather than advocating avoiding spending on same sex entitlements that don't even exist in all states. Oh, and pay back with interest all the money you've literally screwed the government out of by spawning.
OK, we can negotiate entitlement cuts.

But increased taxes, taking more money away from taxpayers, is out. So is same sex marriage. Conservatives are united.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#3460 Nov 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>OK, we can negotiate entitlement cuts.
But increased taxes, taking more money away from taxpayers, is out. So is same sex marriage. Conservatives are united.
Looks like Brian has found another discussion thread to pollute with his debunked spam.

Oh joy.

“From a distance...”

Planet Earth

#3461 Nov 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Not quite true, divorce doesn't destroy consensual male/female marriage; it destroys marriage when consent is withdrawn, in the event of not performance of the marriage bond. Divorce destroys marriage, not family. An ex and children stay and the marriage ends.

[QUOTE who="Brian_G"]Divorc e maintains the standard of consent in marriage because without the option of parting, the union isn't voluntary.
Did someone hold a gun to your head and force you into marriage, Brian? If not, it was both voluntary and consensual. And what about traditional wedding vows? What happened to "in sickness", "in bad times" and "until death do us part"? Guess vows don't mean much to straight people nowadays, huh Brian?
Brian_G wrote:
Rose has trouble understanding this fact, and I'm schooling her.
Doesn't that exacerbate your "painful childhood experiences" about which you were whiny just a few posts ago?
Brian_G wrote:
I argue against legalizing same sex marriage, "gay marriage" is a misnomer.
Hardly; "gay" has a legitimate definition of homosexuals in general or homosexual men specifically. Even Hallmark substituted the word "fun" for "gay" in Christmas song lyrics they included on a Christmas ornament. Your preferred definition of the word is becoming somewhat archaic like you.
Brian_G wrote:
I'm happily married, its fair to say I have a gay marriage.
And what does your husband think?
Brian_G wrote:
I'm opposed to male/male and female/female marriage law, not to your associations or preferences as long as you have consent.
And yet marriage involves the most intimate of personal liberty interests constitutionally protected by the right of privacy.It's simply outside of your reach to dictate with which unrelated consenting adult an individual may exercise their fundamental right of marriage.
Brian_G wrote:
If you've found a life partner, I'm happy for you. I wouldn't fool homosexuals into believing this is something equal to male/female mating and marriage; truth is love.
Sadly for you, you're sharing not "truth" but prejudice. Perhaps it's related to the trauma caused when your parents divorced or guilt you feel for causing it.
Brian_G wrote:
Staying in an unhappy marriage isn't the road to happiness; just saying.
Neither is advocating discrimination and infringement of the civil rights of your fellow citizens.
Brian_G wrote:
You're posts are almost invariable insulting not only to gays but also to rational, educated adults in general.

“From a distance...”

Planet Earth

#3462 Nov 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>OK, we can negotiate entitlement cuts.
No negotiations. Just eliminate them entirely. And pay up with interest the entitlement money you've unjustly received from federal coffers while forcing gay citizens to subsidize you when you supported discrimination against them. Or go to jail.
Brian_G wrote:
Pay up or go to jail, you freeloading bum.

Los Angeles, CA

#3463 Nov 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Not quite true, divorce doesn't destroy consensual male/female marriage; it destroys marriage when consent is withdrawn, in the event of not performance of the marriage bond. Divorce destroys marriage, not family. An ex and children stay and the marriage ends.
Divorce maintains the standard of consent in marriage because without the option of parting, the union isn't voluntary. Rose has trouble understanding this fact, and I'm schooling her.
Sorry, stupid, despite your Cirque du Soleil of words, before a divorce there is a marriage, after, there isn't. So, it was destroyed.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I argue against legalizing same sex marriage, "gay marriage" is a misnomer. I'm happily married, its fair to say I have a gay marriage.

If you are really so stupid you think that when I say "gay marriage" I mean a happy marriage, just say, "Rose, I'm that stupid", and I will use the term "same sex marriage" when addressing you.
Brian_G wrote:
I'm opposed to male/male and female/female marriage law, not to your associations or preferences as long as you have consent. If you've found a life partner, I'm happy for you. I wouldn't fool homosexuals into believing this is something equal to male/female mating and marriage; truth is love.
That shows you hate gay people.
You think their emotions don't matter as much as yours do.
Brian_G wrote:
Staying in an unhappy marriage isn't the road to happiness; just saying.
You insult gays when you tell them their relationships aren't equal to yours. That's far more insulting than anything I've said to you. I don't apologize for insulting you. You are a vile person.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#3464 Nov 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>What do you think of these stories?
Opposed to same-sex marriage, company ends wedding business
Trolley owner says move made to avoid potential lawsuit
December 25, 2012|By Erin Cox, The Baltimore Sun
OCTOBER 10, 2013
Gay Persecution of Christians: The Latest Evidence
by Stephen Beale
After six years and hundreds of celebratory confections, it wasn’t the economy, the stiff competition, financing, or any of the other usual road bumps of building a new business that caused Sweet Cakes by Melissa—a husband-and-wife bakery in Portland, Oregon area—to close its doors at the end of the summer.
Instead, it was the nationwide battle over same-sex marriage.
In January, co-owner Aaron Klein had denied a request to bake a cake for a lesbian wedding.“The Bible tells us to flee from sin,” his wife and business namesake, Melissa Klein told a Fox News columnist recently.“I don’t think making a cake for it helps. Protests, boycotts, and a storm of media attention—much of it negative—ensued. The couple received death threats. Then, activists broadened the boycott: any wedding vendor that did business with Sweet Cakes would be targeted.
Discover Annapolis Tours No Longer Offering Wedding Services Because Owner Opposes Gay Marriage
Posted: 12/26/2012 12:50 pm EST
"We used to do weddings until recently. But we're a Christian-owned business, and we are not able to lend support to gay marriages. And as a public accommodation, we cannot discriminate between gay or straight couples, so we had to stop doing all wedding transportation."
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2012-12-25/n...
http://www.crisismagazine.com/2013/gay-persec...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/26/disc...
Ahhh, poor bigots.
*cue the violins*

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#3465 Nov 2, 2013
No-Doubt wrote:
Homosexual is bad
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
Even animal don't commit it
Why he went away from homosexual
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
Allah say in quran :
" Or do you think that most of them hear or reason? They are not except like livestock. Rather, they are [even] more astray in [their] way"
So is marrying little girls of 9 or 10, towelhead.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#3466 Nov 2, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid, animals do engage in same-sex sex.
http://youtu.be/sTXabN1pnZY
I've seem my neighbour's male dogs mounting each other. And that's just one animal...

Location hidden

#3467 Nov 2, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>I've seem my neighbour's male dogs mounting each other. And that's just one animal...
Lol...this is very true...I've seen male and female dogs do this. There are many many species that engage in same sex sex

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#3468 Nov 2, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seem my neighbour's male dogs mounting each other. And that's just one animal...
Voyeur

;-)

Los Angeles, CA

#3469 Nov 2, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
It's only natural.:)
Jones

Sweden

#3470 Nov 2, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your pen!s as big as NoHo's?

Los Angeles, CA

#3471 Nov 2, 2013
Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your pen!s as big as NoHo's?
Rosa, this guy is a sorry little thing who has been following me around for years, literally. How he got it in his head that if I were a man I'd consider, "You're really well hung!" to be an insult, I can only guess. He switches names and proxy servers sometimes several times in an hour, but I don't know why he bothers. He always says the same thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 4 min Eagle 12 - 33,028
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 min superwilly 81,657
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 9 hr Eagle 12 - 2,191
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Wed Eagle 12 - 3,978
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) Oct 11 old_moose 233
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) Oct 10 blacklagoon 3 94
Deconversion (Feb '17) Oct 10 Eagle 12 - 145
More from around the web