Atheism and homosexuality

Atheism and homosexuality

There are 3861 comments on the Conservapedia story from Dec 5, 2011, titled Atheism and homosexuality. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#3392 Nov 1, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
I just thought of somthing.
Can a homosexual be an atheist and still be offended and demand the right to attend a strict Christain public church?
We do not have public churches in the US.

sad you know so little about your own nation....41

“abstractions of thought...”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#3393 Nov 1, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Sex differences are relevant to the survival of the human race.
But they're not relevant to marriage. After all, people procreate outside of marriage all the time; a lost half of births in the US are now out of wedlock.
Brian_G wrote:
That's why I oppose unisex marriage; male and female are different and those differences are important and permeate society.
The legal accomplishment of marriage is to create kinship between previously unrelated parties. That doesn't require different sexes to happen so it's neither a relevant nor an important difference in the case of marriage.
Brian_G wrote:
If the fundamental institution of marriage is changed, that will change society too.
The fundamental aspect of marriage i to establish kinship between previously unrelated parties. That doesn't change if same sex couples marry.
Brian_G wrote:
I'm not claiming extinction due to same sex marriage, but what if only 1% fewer children are born?
What possible causal effect could two men or two women marrying have on a same sex couple's decision to have children? Birth rates in western democracies have been declining since well before same sex marriage came into the public consciousness. what caused it before you could try scapegoating gays for it?
Brian_G wrote:
That might be how it looks if you have no children, but there are plenty of problems. Out of wedlock birth cause their own economic and social problems.
So how does discriminating against gays and infringement their fundamental rights encourage opposite sex couples to marry and have children within wedlock?
Brian_G wrote:
Reason number one for keeping marriage one man and one woman: Posterity.
Lie number 24,598 by Brian.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#3394 Nov 1, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
…you should try thinking of something relevant.
So a gay atheist is backed into a corner on that question!
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#3395 Nov 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>We do not have public churches in the US.
sad you know so little about your own nation....41
A lot you know.
I was drunk when I said that.

Location hidden

#3396 Nov 1, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Businesses are associations of people. Those where people who paid fines and appeared in court.
It does't change the fact the anti-dsicrimination law applied to businesses operating as public accommodations open to the general public.
Brian_G wrote:
They were Christian people sued for refusing to provide services and attend same sex wedding rites.
No the business was sued for violating the law.

The case of the New Mexico photographer was Elane Photography v. Vanessa Willock, not Elaine Hugenin (he business owner) v. Vanessa Willock.

The case of the Washington florist is State of Wasington v. Arlene's Flowers, Inc.. Baronelle Stutzman is included as a defendant because of her position President, owner and operator of the business and agent of the corporate legal entity.

The case of the Oregon baker was complaint filed with the state's Bureau of Labor and Industries against the business Sweetcakes by Melissa, not against the business owners.

Why do you lie, Brian?
Brian_G wrote:
Neither is ignorance or defamation from the left. The facts are on the side of one man and one woman marriage.
It's not defamation when it's true, Brian. And your posts are riddled with ignorance.
Brian_G wrote:
I oppose PC discrimination laws and same sex marriage law. I favor civil disobedience when an individual is forced to do wrong.
So you favor discrimination not only against gays, but women, blacks, Asians, Hispanics, Jews, Muslims, Chinese, military veterans, the disabled, and a host of other people, hmm Brian?
Brian_G wrote:
Many gays defend marriage as one man and one woman, Dolce and Gabbana for two.
http://www.th epublicdi scourse.com/2013/03/9432/
Far more straight people favor same sex major. In fact a majority of people in national polls now favor it. And D&G are Italians living in Italy and have no relevance to US civil marriage law.

Location hidden

#3397 Nov 1, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage is the special right to rewrite marriage law for everyone,

Lie.
Brian_G wrote:
changing government's relationship with marriage to make it unisex.
Lie.
Brian_G wrote:
It brings a new standard of sex segregation to perfectly integrated one man and one woman marriage.
Lie.
Brian_G wrote:
It's all about segregation, inequality, separatism and apartheid; not equality.
Lie.
Brian_G wrote:
A gay may marry a lesbian in every state.
Wold you be happy marrying someone with whom you're sexually incompatible, Brian? Are you willing to marry a man in the 15 jurisdiction that allow same sex marriage? If not, why you you think gays should settle for something you find unacceptable?
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex religious rites are legal in every state, though some don't force Christian wedding vendors to support those ceremonies.
The fundamental right of marriage is based on civil marriage, not religious marriage.
Brian_G wrote:
There is no orientation test for a marriage license.
The gender restriction is a de facto sexual orientation test for homosexuals.
Brian_G wrote:
I don't equate attending and supporting a religious same sex wedding ceremony with race; this is where we differ.
Of course you don't equate your prejudice against gays with racism. You may be a bigot, but at least you aren't a racist.
Brian_G wrote:
I support their freedom; they were never found guilty by a jury of their peers
The constitutional guarantee of trial by jury only applies to criminal prosecutions, Brian. Most anti-discrimination cases are conducted as administrative proceedings for which jury rials don't apply.
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage is unjust and intolerant, suing Christians or defending those suits.
And you think your advocacy of discriminating against gays and infringing their fundamental rights are acts of justice and tolerance? really?
Brian_G wrote:
Those Christians never turned away a homosexual, they had sold to them before and after; they just turned away supporting same sex marriage.
Past and future compliance with anti-discrmination laws doesn't excuse current actions that discriminate, Brian.
Brian_G wrote:
They would have refused to support heterosexuals who wanted to marry for economic or political reasons too.
So now you claim to be omniscient to know what others think? And why do you presume it's anyone else's business why a given couple decide to marry?
Brian_G wrote:
^^^I oppose name-calling and bullying.
Your advocacy of discrimination against and infringement of the fundamental rights of gays is the bullying on steroids.

Location hidden

#3398 Nov 1, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The Supreme Court heard same sex marriage, they didn't see one man and one woman marriage as "[a]dvocating discrimination against and infringement of their fundamental rights".
SCOTUS determined withholding legal recognition of same sex marriages violated the constitutional guarantees of equal protection and substantive due process and was done with the intent to disparage and demean gays and their relationships as well as harm their children. How is that not discrimination and infringement?
Brian_G wrote:
There is no orientation test for a marriage license; the test is sex, not orientation.
Sex is a de facto sexual orientation test for gay men and women.
Brian_G wrote:
Before the 21st century, all marriage law has been sex integrated and diverse, not sex segregated, discriminatory, disunited and exclusionary.
Lie.
Brian_G wrote:
All men needed a woman to marry and vice versa; same sex marriage isn't as good as perfect affirmative action 1:1 marriage.
Perfect affirmative action marriage would require interracial and interfaith marriage as well, Brian. Are you going to mandate that in marriage law in your west for "integration"? If you allow race and faith segregated marriage then you can't logically prohibit same sex marriage.

Location hidden

#3399 Nov 1, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Not true, I want marriage to be one man and one woman; the issue has nothing to do with homosexuality or any other sexual orientation. The issue is the greatest good for society, not the individual. Marriage is a social institution.
Legally, marriage is a fundamental right of individuals and a constitutionally protected personal liberty interest. The state may only restrict or infringe fundamental rights when it can demonstrate a compelling government interest for doing so. A subjective interpretation of the "greater good of society" doesn't meet that standard.
Brian_G wrote:
I've always written there is nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality
And yet you advocate harming them by advocating discrimination against them and infringing their fundamental rights.
Brian_G wrote:
and many gays defend one man and one woman marriage. I'm proud to have their support.
Far more straight people support same sex marriage. They aren't proud of your bigotry.
Brian_G wrote:
Many gays defend one man and one woman marriage:
Oppose Same-Sex Marriage
by Doug Mainwaring
within Marriage
http://www.th epublicdi scourse.com/2013/03/9432/
Dolce & Gabbana: drama that could only be fashioned in Italy
Cristina Odone talks to Dolce and Gabbana on tax evasion, why they love the Duchess of Cambridge and why they don’t believe in gay marriage...
The two men so cherish the idea of the family, had they ever thought of getting married.“What?! Never!” they answer in chorus,“I don’t believe in gay marriage.” Dolce laughs. In Catholic Italy, has their sexuality proved a problem?“No, never,” says Dolce.“The fashion industry is full of gays.”....
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/features/1029...
Xavier Bongibault, a member of a group called Plus Gay Sans Mariage -- More Gay Without Marriage
http://www.homovox.com/
Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2013/0...
Dolce & Gabbana are Italian and live in Italy; they have no relevance to US civil marriage law.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#3400 Nov 1, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Who says war is always bad? It has nothing to do with my argument, slavery ended in the USA by Constitutional amendment, democratic process. Same sex marriage came to America by court order, those judges weren't voted into office by citizens nor are they accountable to those citizens. That's why same sex marriage is antidemocratic.
Slavery ended by democratic process, same sex marriage was introduced to America by authoritarian dictate. There's a difference.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Same sex marriage came to America by court order, those judges weren't voted into office by citizens nor are they accountable to those citizens.
Yes they were. They were voted into office by the Senate. You remember those citizens, don't you Brian? The citizens that people vote into office so that they can cast votes on legislation and Supreme Court nominees? There are two of them in your state. No really, look it up :)

Location hidden

#3401 Nov 1, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Homosexuals have always had the same rights as straights, to marry under the same laws. And they have married, Oscar Wilde and Meredith Baxter are two examples. The issue isn't equal rights, the issue is the special right to rewrite marriage law for everyone.
BTW, slavery ended by vote, the war was in response to secession. Why can't you put same sex marriage up for vote, the same way slavery, women's vote and the 18 year old vote became a right?
Rewrite which marriage law, Brian?

Location hidden

#3402 Nov 1, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Creationism isn't on my list, but then Senator Obama's justification for one man and one woman marriage is:
Reason
22 Marriage is also a sacred union. God’s in the mix.- B. Obama
Awwwwww. He changed his mind.

Too bad, so sad :(

Location hidden

#3403 Nov 1, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
The amendment process is by vote; same sex marriage is antidemocratic.
and discrimination is a violation of the U.S. Constitution.

I thought you were an American. Which candidate for Pope did you vote for?

What? They didn't let you vote for the leader of the Christians? Have you filed a complaint with Helen Waite?

Location hidden

#3404 Nov 1, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Race and sex are two entirely different things, they have nothing in common. Racial differences are unimportant and cosmetic but sex differences are so important they mean the survival of the human race and so pervasive they affect language, culture, art and law.
Tissue?

Rainbow tissue?

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#3405 Nov 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
30 states have laws protecting one man and one woman marriage.
Protecting it from what? Your choice of words makes little sense. No one is trying to outlaw mixed-sex marriage.

Since: Sep 13

Dubai, UAE

#3406 Nov 2, 2013
Homosexual is bad

http://m.youtube.com/watch...

Even animal don't commit it

Why he went away from homosexual

Allah say in quran :

" Or do you think that most of them hear or reason? They are not except like livestock. Rather, they are [even] more astray in [their] way"

Since: Sep 13

Dubai, UAE

#3407 Nov 2, 2013
Aids is homosexual disease

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#3408 Nov 2, 2013
River Tam wrote:
and discrimination is a violation of the U.S. Constitution....
True, same sex marriage means sex segregation marriage; discrimination based on gender. One man and one woman marriage is sex integration, without prejudice or discrimination, with a perfect 1:1 affirmative action ratio for diversity.

Same sex marriage is unconstitutional because it institutionalizes sex discrimination in marriage.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#3409 Nov 2, 2013
Terra Firma wrote:
...Dolce & Gabbana are Italian and live in Italy; they have no relevance to US civil marriage law.
Doug Mainwaring and Xavier Bongibault aren't Italian; many gays defend marriage as one man and one woman.

That's why same sex marriage almost always loses at the voting booth. Its arguments are all based on emotion, not logic. Defaming opponents doesn't work when they're gay.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3410 Nov 2, 2013
No-Doubt wrote:
Homosexual is bad
Even animal don't commit it
Why he went away from homosexual
Allah say in quran :
" Or do you think that most of them hear or reason? They are not except like livestock. Rather, they are [even] more astray in [their] way"
Nobody gives a f*ck about your dumb scared cult.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3411 Nov 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Doug Mainwaring and Xavier Bongibault aren't Italian; many gays defend marriage as one man and one woman.
That's why same sex marriage almost always loses at the voting booth. Its arguments are all based on emotion, not logic. Defaming opponents doesn't work when they're gay.
Creationism is no excuse to be sharing your ignorant halfwitted opinions about gay marriage, Brian.

Stop being a coward and admit its why you believe what you do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 19 min Shizle 10,689
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 26 min Paul Porter1 20,524
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 28 min Anon 244,762
Santa vs. God: logic? 2 hr Shizle 2
Atheists should stop feeding the stereotypes 6 hr Shizle 11
Is the Christian god good? 7 hr Shizle 4
Atheist believe, they are just hiding!!! Tue Richardfs 18
More from around the web