Atheism and homosexuality

Dec 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Conservapedia

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Comments (Page 157)

Showing posts 3,121 - 3,140 of3,864
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>copying my do try to keep up line?
seriously?
you can't even make up your own lines? get a life, loser...
What a dipshyt you continue to be. Many use that line and have used that line way before you came to this forum. Don't pat yourself on the back. Instead slap yourself for being to stupid. lol

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
What a dipshyt you continue to be. Many use that line and have used that line way before you came to this forum. Don't pat yourself on the back. Instead slap yourself for being to stupid. lol
sure, pal, sure.

i've used it on you many many times...for good reason.

you can't even think for yourself can you. your entire life is just cut and pasted from others...

must be sad.

even your beliefs in god aren't original..

just a xerox of a real life....

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sure, pal, sure.
i've used it on you many many times...for good reason.
you can't even think for yourself can you. your entire life is just cut and pasted from others...
must be sad.
even your beliefs in god aren't original..
just a xerox of a real life....
Oh I see you have stole my line of sure pal sure. One of the first lines I used on you. What a Xerox you are. LMAO

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I see you have stole my line of sure pal sure. One of the first lines I used on you. What a Xerox you are. LMAO
sure pal, sure...

still nothing on your lie of me using the "it's a biased site" all the time? not even once before? never?

and dude, you don't punctuate, sure pal, sure properly...

because you never use it...

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Do try to keep up.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Now you see skeDic says "You believe god is real, based on feeling, which is basically the definition of the mental"
So with sarcasm I said "You believe love is real based on feelings. Is that basically the definition of mental illness as well."
Well, you don't seem to be able to form a rational argument.
Believing in an all powerful/all knowing being who created us and involves himself in our lives based on feelings is one thing.
Believing in a feeling based on feeling that feeling is quite another.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you don't seem to be able to form a rational argument.
Believing in an all powerful/all knowing being who created us and involves himself in our lives based on feelings is one thing.
Believing in a feeling based on feeling that feeling is quite another.
no, he cannot form a rational argument.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Kong_ wrote:
"In what government sources says was a quickly-arranged political strategy, Obama told ABC News, "At a certain point, I've just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same-sex couples should be able to get married."
Perhaps bowing to political caution in an election year, the president added, "I had hesitated on gay marriage in part because I thought that civil unions would be sufficient. I was sensitive to the fact that for a lot of people, the word marriage was something that invokes very powerful traditions and religious beliefs."
The message was reaffirmed in broad strokes at the January inaugural address: "Our journey is not complete until our gay brothers and sisters are treated like anyone else under the law -- for if we are truly created equal, then surely the love we commit to one another must be equal as well."
http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/25/politics/suprem...
You left out the rest of Obama's jingoistic argument:

"I have to tell you that over the course of several years as I have talked to friends and family and neighbors when I think about members of my own staff who are in incredibly committed monogamous relationships, same-sex relationships, who are raising kids together, when I think about those soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf and yet feel constrained, even now that 'Don't Ask Don't Tell' is gone, because they are not able to commit themselves in a marriage, at a certain point Iíve just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same sex couples should be able to get married,"

I'm opposed to same sex marriage because I believe our "soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors" have a job too important to be subject to the left's social experimentation.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>You left out the rest of Obama's jingoistic argument:
"JINGOISTIC"?!?! WTF are you talking about? Jingoism refers to FOREIGN POLICY, not domestic.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>"I have to tell you that over the course of several years as I have talked to friends and family and neighbors when I think about members of my own staff who are in incredibly committed monogamous relationships, same-sex relationships, who are raising kids together, when I think about those soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf and yet feel constrained, even now that 'Don't Ask Don't Tell' is gone, because they are not able to commit themselves in a marriage, at a certain point Iíve just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same sex couples should be able to get married,"
Yeah.... so is the above supposed to support your argument that Obama does NOT support gay marriage?

'Cuz that WAS your original argument.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm opposed to same sex marriage because I believe our "soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors" have a job too important to be subject to the left's social experimentation.
So let me get this straight:

You want to deny the freedom for members of our service to marry the person of their choice.

The VERY ONES that are fighting for our freedom, YOU want to deny THEIR freedom, right?

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
I'm opposed to same sex marriage because I believe our "soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors" have a job too important to be subject to the left's social experimentation.
No, you are opposed to same sex marriage because you are a bigoted moron.

It has nothing to do with our service members, patriotism, or "social experimentation," it has to do with ingrained prejudice.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>You left out the rest of Obama's jingoistic argument:
"I have to tell you that over the course of several years as I have talked to friends and family and neighbors when I think about members of my own staff who are in incredibly committed monogamous relationships, same-sex relationships, who are raising kids together, when I think about those soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf and yet feel constrained, even now that 'Don't Ask Don't Tell' is gone, because they are not able to commit themselves in a marriage, at a certain point Iíve just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same sex couples should be able to get married,"
Your creationist mental illness is no excuse for hating gays wanting to get married Brian.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
"JINGOISTIC"?!?! WTF are you talking about? Jingoism refers to
Dumb creationists trying to sound smart always end up embarassing themselves.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>really? all the ads on it were christian or religious in some way.
it certainly had the shortcomings i described and you couldn't seem to address...
Livescience isn't a Christian or even a religious website. Ads like that are thrown up by google related to words mentioned in the webpage. Livescience is a popular layman's news site about science-related articles.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it is even more than that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

:-D
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
Wow. Can anyone say irrelevant tangent?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
Your creationist mental illness is no excuse for hating gays wanting to get married Brian.
I don't hate gays, many homosexuals defend marriage as one man and one woman. The only poster discussing creationism is -Skeptic-, he's obsessed.

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I don't hate gays, many homosexuals defend marriage as one man and one woman. The only poster discussing creationism is -Skeptic-, he's obsessed.
He must be "Jingoistc", eh Brian?

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I don't hate gays, many homosexuals defend marriage as one man and one woman. The only poster discussing creationism is -Skeptic-, he's obsessed.
Oh, and lest we neglect to mention, the VAST MAJORITY of not only gay people, but now the majority of Americans as a whole are in favor or gay marriage.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you did not read it very well.
it says "Nearly 38 percent of natural scientists -- people in disciplines like physics, chemistry and biology -- said they do not believe in God."
That wasn't actually **in** there-- you are twisting what it actually said, to fit your idiotic notions about Gawd.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
My first to sentences don't contradict each other.
Yes-- they do. You are lying-- it appears to be what you do.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Love is based off feelings tike. Bottom line!!
Nope-- feelings are what we experience as our brains release various chemical stimulants into the bloodstream.

We experience these releases as "feelings", including "love".

It's just brain chemistry-- there is nothing magic or mysterious about it, bub.

Just like that very stupid god you believe in, but do not think is real.....!

... wait... what?

Yep-- that is what you said-- 3 or 4 times-- you believe in a god which you do not think is really real...!

What a maroon.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,121 - 3,140 of3,864
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min CunningLinguist 223,061
Why do i deserve no respect. 4 hr Patrick 6
Our world came from nothing? 8 hr Igor Trip 24
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 17 hr Mikko 21,328
Introducing The Universal Religion Wed NightSerf 718
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Wed ChristineM 802
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) Wed Buck Crick 324
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••