Atheism and homosexuality

Dec 5, 2011 Full story: Conservapedia 3,862

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Full Story

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#3209 Oct 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
I know Biden is Vice President, he was a Senator when he said:

"No. Barack Obama nor I support redefining from a civil side what constitutes marriage. We do not support that. That is basically the decision to be able to be able to be left to faiths and people who practice their faiths the determination what you call it."
"In what government sources says was a quickly-arranged political strategy, Obama told ABC News, "At a certain point, I've just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same-sex couples should be able to get married."

Perhaps bowing to political caution in an election year, the president added, "I had hesitated on gay marriage in part because I thought that civil unions would be sufficient. I was sensitive to the fact that for a lot of people, the word marriage was something that invokes very powerful traditions and religious beliefs."

The message was reaffirmed in broad strokes at the January inaugural address: "Our journey is not complete until our gay brothers and sisters are treated like anyone else under the law -- for if we are truly created equal, then surely the love we commit to one another must be equal as well."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/25/politics/suprem...

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#3210 Oct 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
I know Biden is Vice President, he was a Senator when he said:
Now Biden is VP, he has matured, unlike you. Now he supports gay marriage.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#3211 Oct 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know, they won't change them back? What if the political winds change, like they did before they 'matured'?
You are a comophobic hunt either way.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3212 Oct 29, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a mental illness. Whenever someone decides to give up on logic and facts and instead follow their imaginary will, they have given up on society and have chosen to become religious liars.
Its a choice to be decietful and hide away from showing evidence of god.
It takes hard work to be part of a cult full time - lot of lying, a lot of time sitting and talking to yourself, instead of helping others.
Lying for faith cults is a full time job. Reality reminds people of this fact, every time it challenges their cults.
The theist liar must quickly invent a lie or insult to avoid answering the question he already knows the answer to - there is no justice other than the justice men and women create for each other.
There is no god and it is childish to believe in it, especially given that science exists and has disproven its claims entirely.
Oh without a doubt--- religion actually damages the brain's normal ability to be skeptical.

And turns the victim into a mindless sheep, who will quietly and without protest, stand there and let themselves be fleeced-- right before they are led into the mutton stations...

And that is a mental disease-- I agree.

Fortunately?

There **is** a cure: quality education.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3213 Oct 29, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Many scientists are theist.
Some are-- that is true.

And?

The rest are rather curious why this is so-- seeing as how theism is anti-science...

... because science is **based** on realty. And science **must** follow where reality leads.

In contrast to theism: which must constantly **deny** reality, to keep the swamp-gas-balloon that is faith artificially afloat....

... so the scientists who are rational? Do wonder why there are some who are irrational (theists)....

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3214 Oct 29, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Here I will even go first.
About two-thirds of scientists believe in God, according to a new survey.
http://www.livescience.com/379-scientists-bel...
You going to agree with scientists or say they are full of crap?
Your turn! Show what you have to back your claim.
You did not read very deeply-- the "study" included "political scientists"... wait... WHAT? These people are not scientists! They are current historians at best...

And the "study" also included... Doctors! Wait-- WHAT? Doctors of **medicine**? They are not scientists, either-- although some eventually do practice science instead of medicine.

It is interesting to note, that the **biological** sciences-- you know, people who study **evolution**--- most were **not** god-botherers.

Another flaw in the study: it did not define what the participants meant by "god"...

... so many of the Spinoza-god and Einsteinian-god types would have been falsely included....

But lying is what you God-Bots do best, isn't it?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3215 Oct 29, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
When atheists say "There is no god" they as well are making the claim based on ZERO evidence.
How can one test for God to have evidence for or against?
Easy: describe in detail,**exactly** what you mean by the god you claim is real.

Be specific, give exact attributes and so on.

If you cannot **DO** that? Then-- by default-- your god isn't real at the outset!

But as soon as you **do** provide specific details?

Using just those? It becomes quite easy to prove that, specific god, is myth.

So it is-- as always-- back to YOU.

Your god is not real-- BY DEFAULT-- until you DEFINE what it is.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3216 Oct 29, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
How can one test for God to have evidence for or against?
I will even go first again.
There is no test ot tests that can or can not prove God. So anyone saying God is false, by your logic is just as stupid as anyone saying God is real. You are just too effin stupid to realize that being you are a ranting troll.
It depends in which god you are speaking of, doesn't it?

The bible's god? That god is pretty much 100% myth-- the bible's very definitions are quite specific-- and easily tested.

ALL such testes prove to 100%, that the bible's god is 100% myth.

So there you go! One down... 10,000 gods to go....

.... which one is **yours**?(hint: be specific, or else your god isn't real by DEFAULT-- undefined deities are no more real than Thor's Hammer)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3217 Oct 29, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
"Those in the social sciences are more likely to believe in God and attend religious services than researchers in the natural sciences, the study found. "
Social science does not concern itself with matter, so it doesn't really count at all.
Like asking a psychologist whether matter can exist everywhere without being detected - pointless!
At the end of the day, scientifically speaking, there is no evidence of god and you proofless liars will avoid talking about this because you know it.
Yep. And medical doctors-- they are very narrowly trained, and are not practicing scientists anyway.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3218 Oct 29, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mistake is I never said God is real. I said I believe in God. My believes are real based on what I feel. YOU said God is NOT real so it is up to you to back your claim.
Your first two statements contradict each other.

So you are either lying in sentence one, or you are lying in sentence two.

Or you are lying both times-- my bet is you are lying in all your sentences above.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3219 Oct 29, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Again your mistake is I never said God is real. I said I believe in God. My believes are real based on what I feel. YOU said God is NOT real so it is up to you to back your claim.

Or you are lying both times-- my bet is you are lying in all your sentences above.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3220 Oct 29, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if God is real or not. I believe he is. I don't know if you are real. So what is your point.

“abstractions of thought...”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#3221 Oct 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know, they won't change them back? What if the political winds change, like they did before they 'matured'?
It doesn't matter; same sex marriage will continue whether they continue to support it or not.

“Lets all play DantheDipshyts”

Since: Mar 13

game.of annoyance. It's fun.

#3222 Oct 29, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe god is real, based on feeling, which is basically the definition of the mental illness you suffer from.
You have suffered a break from reality and are deluded. This is not the problem of atheists.
Why do you project your religious problem upon atheists who do not suffer from your personal mental illness ?
Why do you do this?
Really? You believe love is real based on feelings. Is that basically the definition of mental illness as well.

Great thinking there skepDIC. lol

#3223 Oct 29, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not read very deeply-- the "study" included "political scientists"... wait... WHAT? These people are not scientists! They are current historians at best...
And the "study" also included... Doctors! Wait-- WHAT? Doctors of **medicine**? They are not scientists, either-- although some eventually do practice science instead of medicine.
It is interesting to note, that the **biological** sciences-- you know, people who study **evolution**--- most were **not** god-botherers.
Another flaw in the study: it did not define what the participants meant by "god"...
... so many of the Spinoza-god and Einsteinian-god types would have been falsely included....
But lying is what you God-Bots do best, isn't it?
I see you did not read it very well.

it says "Nearly 38 percent of natural scientists -- people in disciplines like physics, chemistry and biology -- said they do not believe in God."

Hmmmm that leaves another 62 percent that do or may believe in God.

#3224 Oct 29, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Your first two statements contradict each other.
My first to sentences don't contradict each other.

1. I don't know if god is real or not.
2. I believe he is.

I believe is a choice I make, an opinion. It does not confirm God real or not.

For example I can say
1. I don't know if you are a idiot or not.
2. I believe you are.

Now just because I believe you are an idiot does not necessarily mean you are. It is my opinion. But if you think those two sentences as well are contradicting then for you I will change them to "you are an idiot". Is that better. lol

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#3225 Oct 29, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You believe love is real based on feelings. Is that basically the definition of mental illness as well.
Great thinking there skepDIC. lol
the physical effects of love can actually be measured in the human body and imaged in an fMRI...

your "feelings" on a proven false god cannot be measured and have no similar effect on brain activity...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#3226 Oct 29, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you did not read it very well.
it says "Nearly 38 percent of natural scientists -- people in disciplines like physics, chemistry and biology -- said they do not believe in God."
Hmmmm that leaves another 62 percent that do or may believe in God.
not a biased site, huh? not one mention of the survey or even a look at the questions they ask, huh?

why not?

#3227 Oct 29, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the physical effects of love can actually be measured in the human body and imaged in an fMRI...
your "feelings" on a proven false god cannot be measured and have no similar effect on brain activity...
Love is based off feelings tike. Bottom line!!

#3228 Oct 29, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>not a biased site, huh? not one mention of the survey or even a look at the questions they ask, huh?
why not?
No tike I wouldn't call "livescience" a biased site. But you can if it makes you feel better. I know that is always your first cry "the site is biased".

http://www.livescience.com/379-scientists-bel...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 14 min thetruth 16
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 16 min thetruth 211
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 21 min woodtick57 2,622
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr KiMare 233,182
Pastor who gave up God for a year after getting... 2 hr Carchar king 2
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 2 hr Carchar king 172
God' existence 2 hr Carchar king 90
More from around the web