Atheism and homosexuality

Dec 5, 2011 Full story: Conservapedia 3,862

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Full Story

“abstractions of thought...”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#3043 Oct 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Atheists don't see a threat to religious liberty compelling vendors to attend religious rituals?
Individuals aren't being compelled to "attend religious rituals", Brian. BUSINESSES are required by law not to discriminate on the basis on several protected characteristics when offering their goods and services to the general public as a public accommodation. Sexual orientation is a protected characteristics in some states. Running a business is not an act of worship nor have businesses been ruled to have freedom of religion for that matter.

Why do you lie, Brian?
Brian_G wrote:
I don't want to discuss homosexuality; it has nothing to do with atheism.
Then you're in the wrong thread, Brian. The topic is "Atheism and Homosexuality"; there's nothing about religion or religious liberty in the topic title. Go post your crap somewhere else appropriate to the subject matter you wish to discuss.
Brian_G wrote:
There's nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality
Then why do you advocate discrimination against and infringement of the fundamental rights of gays? Do you always seek to punish or harm those who you have nothing against?
Brian_G wrote:
so I'll debate same sex marriage on other threads.
Finally, you display some common sense.

Location hidden

#3044 Oct 23, 2013
Guess your previous post # 3037 about leaving this thread to whine about religious liberty in more appropriate threads was just another of your lies, huh Brian?
Brian_G wrote:
They don't have the right to refuse service to a same sex wedding ritual; you don't have a problem with that restriction to religious liberty?
It's not a restriction of religious liberty because running a business is not an act of worship.
Brian_G wrote:
Could they compel atheists as well as Christians to attend these ceremonies?
The law applies to BUSINESSES, not individuals, Brian. No business owner, whether professing a religious faith or none is above the law.
Brian_G wrote:
What kind of freedom is that?
Do you want to bring back slavery and segregation too since the prohibition against them also impacts the religious liberty some Christians cited back then as justification for why both were allowed? You're essentially advocating Christians (or any religious group) should be allowed to discriminate against anyone for any reason as long as they cite their religious beliefs as justification. Which ignores the fact the US has worked to eradicate such discrimination against minorities for the very reason they were being abused by the majority.
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage is the death of freedom.
Another lie. But based on your advocacy, religion would become the keys to the kingdom for bigots to practice their bigotry against powerless minority groups.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#3045 Oct 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Atheists don't see a threat to religious liberty compelling vendors to attend religious rituals?
Shut up stupid, come up with a real argument, OK?
Brian_G wrote:
I don't want to discuss homosexuality;
The STFU and go away, and avoid forums with "homosexuality" in the title in the future.
Brian_G wrote:
it has nothing to do with atheism.
Well, dummy, you might want to avoid forums titled "Atheism and homosexuality".
Brian_G wrote:
There's nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality so I'll debate same sex marriage on other threads.
You are lying, your hatred of gay people is clear.
Go away.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3046 Oct 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
I don't want to discuss homosexuality; it has nothing to do with atheism. There's nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality so I'll debate same sex marriage on other threads.
You tried to get your homosexual hate across by veiling it in political wordplay and failed.
Its time to f*ck off back to your creationist cult and try a different strategy you lying sh*tbag.

Location hidden

#3047 Oct 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
They don't have the right to refuse service to a same sex wedding ritual; you don't have a problem with that restriction to religious liberty? Could they compel atheists as well as Christians to attend these ceremonies? What kind of freedom is that?
Concentrate on proving the god you invented to justify your fearful prejudices, there's a good creationist troll.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#3048 Oct 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
They don't have the right to refuse service to a same sex wedding ritual; you don't have a problem with that restriction to religious liberty? Could they compel atheists as well as Christians to attend these ceremonies? What kind of freedom is that?
Look, stupid, fundies don't have the right to refuse service to interracial wedding rituals, either, or would NOI shop owners. Their bigotry doesn't get special consideration because it's based on Bronze Age superstition.
The issue isn't "attending a ceremony", it's providing commercial services.

Location hidden

#3049 Oct 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
The only thing dead here is your cult - blown to smithereens by years of relentless evidence for evolution.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#3050 Oct 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Nor do they have the right to refuse service to Jews, Christians, Episcopalians, or Pentecostals.

Do you see how a denial of service on religious grounds means projecting your religious views on your clients? Do you see how that infringes upon the religious freedom of the client?

I suppose you don't, because you have long proven yourself to be an imbecile.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#3051 Oct 24, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
but Brian, that is not religious liberty.
you can practice whatever bigoted cult practices you wish to in your cult's tax subsidized church. but when you play in the real world, you h to play by civilized societies rules. yes, all religious cults have to play by those same rules and even those of us not stupid enough to get sucked into your proven false religious cults have to abide by those same rules... get down off your cross...use the wood to build a bridge, adn get the fuck over it, ya religious cult freak!
Please explain how forcing Christians to attend same sex wedding rituals isn't about "religious liberty"? By "same rules" you mean it would be legal to force atheists to attend too? Where's the tolerance when it comes to suing Christian wedding vendors?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#3052 Oct 24, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Concentrate on proving the god you invented to justify your fearful prejudices, there's a good creationist troll.
I haven't used religion or -Skeptic-'s "god" to justify my argument; religious liberty applies to atheists too. Please stick to the point; same sex marriage is the death of freedom.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#3053 Oct 24, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
Look, stupid, fundies don't have the right to refuse service to interracial wedding rituals, either, or would NOI shop owners. Their bigotry doesn't get special consideration because it's based on Bronze Age superstition. The issue isn't "attending a ceremony", it's providing commercial services.
The issue is religious freedom; no Christian has been sued for refusing to service an interracial marriage. The issue isn't race, the issue is religious freedom and the fundamental nature of marriage. Interracial marriage has always been practiced, even the bible describes interracial marriages. Same sex marriage has never existed in written law before the 21st century.

Forcing Christians to attend same sex wedding rituals destroys the concept of religious freedom. They would stand for an atheist's right to not attend a religious ceremony; why would you force Christians to attend a religious ceremony?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#3054 Oct 24, 2013
lides wrote:
Nor do they have the right to refuse service to Jews, Christians, Episcopalians, or Pentecostals. Do you see how a denial of service on religious grounds means projecting your religious views on your clients? Do you see how that infringes upon the religious freedom of the client? I suppose you don't, because you have long proven yourself to be an imbecile.
Yes, even an atheist has the right to refuse to attend a religious service. Forcing religious attendance is bad; that's why same sex marriage is bad.

The issue isn't freedom and tolerance; the issue is rewriting marriage laws for everyone to celebrate homosexuality and sex segregation where previously all marriage has been sex integrated and diverse. You stand for segregation and keeping marriage one man and one woman is about freedom and tolerance.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#3055 Oct 24, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
You tried to get your homosexual hate across by veiling it in political wordplay and failed. Its time to f*ck off back to your creationist cult and try a different strategy you lying sh*tbag.
^^^This is untrue, I've always written there is nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality. It's Skeptic who writes of "homosexual hate". I'm trying to argue to reason, not to ad hominem irrationality and defamation.

Same sex marriage is bad because it harms homosexuals more than any other group. If you care about gays, know every gay was born of male/female union.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#3056 Oct 24, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^This is untrue, I've always written there is nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality. It's Skeptic who writes of "homosexual hate". I'm trying to argue to reason, not to ad hominem irrationality and defamation.
Same sex marriage is bad because it harms homosexuals more than any other group. If you care about gays, know every gay was born of male/female union.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a point with that?

You do know that lesbians can bear children without the male being present, right?

We don't need the male. We just need a farmer to milk him. For now. We'll find a way to procreate without males eventually but for now, we'll keep you around.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#3057 Oct 24, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
The issue is religious freedom; no Christian has been sued for refusing to service an interracial marriage.
Liar.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-201_162-5403528.h...

How does providing a service for a same sex union (flowers, cake, etc). in any way deny religious freedom to the vendor? Be specific.

You are an idiot.

Location hidden

#3058 Oct 24, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical creationist schizophrenia "Oh We're helping gays by obstructing their human right to get married and express their love."

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#3059 Oct 24, 2013
Bardwell is a Democrat, not a religious Christian or a conservative. His grounds are racial, not religious.

Location hidden

#3060 Oct 24, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Please explain how forcing Christians to attend same sex wedding rituals isn't about "religious liberty"?
The vendor isn't being "forced to attend a same sex wedding ritual", Brian. They're being asked to provide they goods and services purport to be in business to provide to the general public. Running a business is not an act of worship so no religious liberty is involved.
Brian_G wrote:
By "same rules" you mean it would be legal to force atheists to attend too?
Discrimination is based on the characteristic of those being discriminated against, Brian, not the characteristics of those inflicting the discrimination. Whether a perpetrator of discrimination has religious beliefs or not is irrelevant.
Brian_G wrote:
Where's the tolerance when it comes to suing Christian wedding vendors?
Where's the Christian's obedience to their own scripture that commands them to obey civil authorities and civil laws?

Location hidden

#3061 Oct 24, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't used religion or -Skeptic-'s "god" to justify my argument; religious liberty applies to atheists too. Please stick to the point; same sex marriage is the death of freedom.
Posted by Brian_G in post # 3037:

"I don't want to discuss homosexuality; it has nothing to do with atheism. There's nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality so I'll debate same sex marriage on other threads."

Once a liar, always a liar, eh Brian?

Location hidden

#3062 Oct 24, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The issue is religious freedom
No, the issue is compliance with anti-discrimination law.
Brian_G wrote:
no Christian has been sued for refusing to service an interracial marriage.
Probably because most of the Christians who would have done so lived in the past and have died off. However, you're willfully stupid if you think there weren't Christians in the eras of slavery and segregation who would have refused to provide goods and services to blacks. After all, Brian, who do you think passed anti-miscegenation laws in the first place? It wasn't black people.
Brian_G wrote:
The issue isn't race, the issue is religious freedom and the fundamental nature of marriage. Interracial marriage has always been practiced, even the bible describes interracial marriages.
There are Jews and Christians that believe the bible story of David and Jonathan is that of two men in love who were married in accordance with Jewish wedding ritual. Who are you to crap on their religious beliefs, Brian?
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage has never existed in written law before the 21st century.
Another of your many lies, Brian.
Brian_G wrote:
Forcing Christians to attend same sex wedding rituals destroys the concept of religious freedom.
How so? The Christians aren't being told they have to change their religious beliefs. They aren't being forced to marry a person of the same sex. Running a business isn't an act of worship Brian.
Brian_G wrote:
They would stand for an atheist's right to not attend a religious ceremony;
And et no one but you is making this claim, Brian. AS usual, you're just pulling sh!t out of your own ass.
Brian_G wrote:
why would you force Christians to attend a religious ceremony?
So if the same sex couple were being married by a judge and not in a "religious ceremony", you're saying the Christians would have no problem then providing goods and services?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam for peace, or violence? 16 min Chiclets 41
Our world came from nothing? 18 min Reason Personified 1,041
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 34 min Adam 230,021
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr Adam 22,993
Does Being 'Spiritual But Not Religious' Really... 6 hr Thinking 2
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' Mon Thinking 90
Man center of the universe. Mon Thinking 87

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE