Atheism and homosexuality

Dec 5, 2011 Full story: Conservapedia 3,862

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Full Story

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#2963 Oct 18, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>What does creationism have to do with consent of the governed and religious freedom to not attend and serve a same sex wedding ritual?
I think Skeptic was just pointing out what an idiot you are, incapable of forming rational opinions or making reasonable arguments.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>They never refused to serve homosexuals; they refused to serve a religious same sex wedding ceremony. Why don't they have the right to attend or refuse to attend a religious ceremony? I don't get it, how is compelling Christians to attend a same sex wedding ritual not freedom.
Look, stupid, they aren't being asked to "attend", they were being asked to provide a commercial service.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not a radical secularist; my religious tells us to love, not hate.
<quoted text>Gays have always married under the same laws as everyone else.
That's like saying blacks and whites all got to sit in the bus under the same "blacks sit it the back" laws.
Brian_G wrote:
I accept the right of religious same sex marriage; why not accept the right to not attend that ritual? Why compel religious attendance?
Again, stupid, religious attendance isn't the issue. Nobody is dragging fundies out of church and forcing them to go to gay weddings. Providing a commercial service is the issue.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Those Christians wouldn't attend an underage marriage, is that proof of ageism? They would refuse to attend a polygamous marriage ceremony; are they Islamaphobic?
Could we dismiss their refusal to attend a compelled marriage as a First Amendment freedom?
The issue is religious freedom, not sexuality.
Actually, religion isn't the issue. Providing a commercial service is the issue. Nobody is being forced to attend a wedding ceremony. Baking a wedding cake or setting up the flowers doesn't require attendance.
Again, if some fundies refused to bake my wedding cake because they were against interracial marriage, I'd just take my $1K someplace else, figuring that would be punishment enough.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The only poster discussing creationism is -Skeptic-, see post above as proof. I'm not debating creationism or a specific religion; I'm arguing for freedom, liberty and the right to worship as you please.
People are free to worship as they please.
Get over yourself.
Why are you against equal rights?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#2964 Oct 18, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
my religious tells us to love, not hate.
Brian_G wrote:
I'm arguing for freedom, liberty and the right to worship as you please.
You're lying again.

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2965 Oct 19, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
mental illness...
Look who's talking.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#2966 Oct 19, 2013
Conrad wrote:
Why do queers do each other up the ass?
THAT'S SICK!!!
"Because" it's taboo! The naughtier the better, for some people.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#2967 Oct 19, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
No one was talking about that, which means you brought that up all on your own.
Do you spend a lot of time thinking about men having sex with each other?
Homosexuality IS in the title of the thread, whackjob.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#2968 Oct 20, 2013
Remus wrote:
<quoted text>
If these "straight" men are sticking their d!cks in other men's asses then yes they are mentally ill!
Nothing wrong with a man f*cking a woman in her ass. Women were made to take a d!ck three ways.
You're ALL ass.

Where's Romulus, tardwad?

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#2969 Oct 20, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Most men into anal sex are straight.
Are they all mentally ill?
So you have video access to "most" straight men's sexual encounters?

You make some pretty stupid claims, rosey the riveter.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2970 Oct 20, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>So you have video access to "most" straight men's sexual encounters?
You make some pretty stupid claims, rosey the riveter.
Nobody wants to see your anal encounters in the rest stop men's room, sir.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#2971 Oct 20, 2013
River Tam wrote:
They gave up their right to discriminate when they started taking money and advertising their floral, photography and baking businesses to the public.
Their businesses predate same sex marriage; they never consented to attend a same sex wedding ceremony. They are discriminating against an event, such as a Jewish photographer turning down a KKK rally gig. Those Christians have a right to celebrate marriage as one man and one woman, not same sex marriage.

River Tam wrote:
If I walk up to you and say, "Hey Brian_G, will you bake me some scones for my lesbian marriage?" and you say no, I'd say, "OK, no problem".
That's not what happened here; these Christians were selected and prosecuted without a jury of their peers.

River Tam wrote:
If I walk into a bakery that serves the public and say, "I'd like 300 scones for my wedding" and the business owner says, "Great, as long as you're not gay or black or a dwarf or asian or an amputee." then you're out of business and you're just Brian again.
There's too much government regulation in the markets. Freedom and tolerance is better than PC codes, fines, litigation and court ordered same sex marriage law.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2972 Oct 20, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Look who's talking.
Quick nano - spam post the thread so that nobody can see your buddy Brain G getting a slaughtering!

That's the creationist way - hide, lie and cheat your way to salvation...!

Location hidden

#2973 Oct 20, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Their businesses predate same sex marriage; they never consented to attend a same sex wedding ceremony. They are discriminating against an event, such as a Jewish photographer turning down a KKK rally gig. Those Christians have a right to celebrate marriage as one man and one woman, not same sex marriage.
Suffering from the mental illness of Creationism gives you no right to share the prejudiced opinions of your hateful cult.

Refusing to serve a married couple because they are gay, is a discrimination crime and nothing else, You can't get out of this.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>That's not what happened here; these Christians were selected and prosecuted without a jury of their peers.
If you can't serve your fellow human beings, you should not be in a public facing business.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>There's too much government regulation in the markets. Freedom and tolerance is better than PC codes, fines, litigation and court ordered same sex marriage law.
You shy away from regulation because your cult is unregulated scum with no proof of god and trying to interfere with real people's lives through politics.

Take your creationist crap and f*ck off back to your caves where you can delude yourselves into believing that science can't touch your foolish minds.

Location hidden

#2974 Oct 20, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Their businesses predate same sex marriage; they never consented to attend a same sex wedding ceremony. They are discriminating against an event, such as a Jewish photographer turning down a KKK rally gig. Those Christians have a right to celebrate marriage as one man and one woman, not same sex marriage.
<quoted text>That's not what happened here; these Christians were selected and prosecuted without a jury of their peers.
<quoted text>There's too much government regulation in the markets. Freedom and tolerance is better than PC codes, fines, litigation and court ordered same sex marriage law.
Brian. you've been slaughtered on this thread and have no defence, go back to your Discovery Institute and tell them everything that happened here.

Next time you want to hate your fellow human beings, have the balls to admit its because you suffer from the mental illness of creationism and nothing else.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#2975 Oct 20, 2013
They can't win what they want in legislatures or at the polls so they sue and use courts to overturn legitimate elections. In Egypt they use the Army, in the USA the left uses the courts.

There are methods for dealing with corrupt courts. The issue is justice, not revenge.

Location hidden

#2976 Oct 20, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
They can't win what they want in legislatures or at the polls so they sue and use courts to overturn legitimate elections. In Egypt they use the Army, in the USA the left uses the courts.
There are methods for dealing with corrupt courts. The issue is justice, not revenge.
You're a stupid creationist who tried to get is predjuced opinions about gay marriage into the atheism forum and got slaughtered for your illogic.

Can't hide this fact....

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#2977 Oct 20, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Actually, not only are "they" winning in the courts which they wouldn't if they didn't have a valid legal foundation, they are also winning in legislatures and by popular vote.

Your talking points are becoming increasingly irrelevant.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2978 Oct 20, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, not only are "they" winning in the courts which they wouldn't if they didn't have a valid legal foundation, they are also winning in legislatures and by popular vote.
Your talking points are becoming increasingly irrelevant.
They are winning in the courts because it's politically correct to yield to the pressure of gay activists and advocates. There is no other reason.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#2979 Oct 20, 2013
lides wrote:
..., they are also winning in legislatures and by popular vote. Your talking points are becoming increasingly irrelevant.
If true, perhaps you can name a state that voted for same sex marriage by referendum? Plenty have had referendums defining marriage as one man and one woman; can you name one that rewrote marriage laws to allow same sex marriage by referendum?

Since: Mar 07

Rhoadesville, VA

#2980 Oct 20, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>If true, perhaps you can name a state that voted for same sex marriage by referendum? Plenty have had referendums defining marriage as one man and one woman; can you name one that rewrote marriage laws to allow same sex marriage by referendum?
Does it matter, since basic civil and civil rights are not granted to Americans through referendums? And if those basic rights are stripped away by an unconstitutional vote, with NO state interest in the taking away of that right, then sane folks expect such things to be overturned.

As they have been.

Rhoadesville, VA

#2981 Oct 20, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Ah, so you believe that businesses should have been able to refuse to marry interracial couples, if their business "predated" the laws that allowed it?

That's just nasty.

And your comment comparing loving gay couples with the KKK is even nastier. It does show how you really think, though.

Rhoadesville, VA

#2982 Oct 20, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>.
.There's too much government regulation in the markets. Freedom and tolerance is better than PC codes, fines, litigation and court ordered same sex marriage law.
\

But you want MORE government regulation of marriage,only as long as it agrees with your personal beliefs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 min waaasssuuup 234,654
The Consequences of Atheism 7 min Carchar king 81
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 15 min dirtclod 14,692
Christianity Created Hitler 2 hr Thinking 216
Why Evil Disproves Atheism 14 hr Luke1981 7
Our world came from nothing? (Jul '14) 14 hr NoahLovesU 1,245
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 15 hr NoahLovesU 2,844
More from around the web