Atheism and homosexuality

Atheism and homosexuality

There are 3861 comments on the Conservapedia story from Dec 5, 2011, titled Atheism and homosexuality. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2829 Sep 30, 2013
Gays can be created outside of a union between man and woman.

The only union you speak of is marriage, not sex.

You FAIL with your creationist agenda YET AGAIN.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#2830 Sep 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
In Russia, gays don't have free speech. In Hollywood, "over a third of LGBT performers, as well as some non-LGBT performers, had witnessed “disrespectful” treatment toward these minorities." Which is prejudice and which is like High School?
The problem with same sex marriage, it harms gay rights by suing our Christian neighbors instead of fighting those who actually do great harm.
You are so dumb, just a dumb bigot.

North Hollywood, CA

#2831 Sep 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, same sex marriage would change society a big way, but I don't assume it will be all positive. There will be negative affects too. They would outweigh the good.
There's no law banning straight people from same sex marriage. Business partners might decide to marry in order to shield corporate assets from inheritance tax. Some people marry for reasons other than sexual gratification. I don't see how that benefits society as a whole.
You dummy, people can do that now, they just have to marry someone of the opposite sex.
Brian_G wrote:
Male/female marriage supports the value that our children learn to be responsible for their children,
to raise their kids with the child's mother and father. Same sex marriage opposes that value.
You weren't raised by your mother and father, they divorced. Should we ban divorce?
Brian_G wrote:
Keeping marriage one man and one woman has nothing to do with homosexuality; it has to do with human reproductive biology.
Well, moron, gay marriage won't stop people from being able to reproduce.
Brian_G wrote:
Natural laws demand either societies help children learn to be men and women or go extinct. That's why there's no copy of any pre21st century same sex marriage law, extinction.
Same sex marriage is so harmful, many gays defend marriage defined as husband and wife.
But your parents didn't. They hated you more than the loved each other and broke up.

North Hollywood, CA

#2832 Sep 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>And my argument focuses on the discussion; few gays are as insulting as same sex marriage supporters. Many gays defend marriage as one man and one woman.
Every gay was born of man/woman union.
That's not the issue. The issue is equal protection.

North Hollywood, CA

#2833 Sep 30, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
He can't-- too much Jesus.
Maybe he wants to "know" Jesus.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#2834 Sep 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
And we have no problem with man/woman marriage. Each to their own.

Location hidden

#2836 Oct 1, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I keep writing, I'm not interested in discussing creationism. I'm tired of reading -Skeptic-'s creationist profane, insulting and inane rants.
There are many reasons for defending marriage as one man and one woman; your mom and dad for instance. Every gay was born of male/female union. There's something special about procreation and society aught to reward couples who bring that benefit to society.
Have you ever noticed how many same sex marriage supporters fear population growth?
Creationist denialist who lied about all gays coming from marriage.

Creationist with no proof of god, Idiot with love CO2 avatar instead of love CO which is what climate change deniers are supposed to love!!

You dishonest idiot, nobody trusts you to say anything of worth.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#2837 Oct 1, 2013
Wolfgang E B wrote:
And we have no problem with man/woman marriage. Each to their own.
No problem with Christian wedding service provider who don't want to attend a same sex wedding? Enough tolerance to excuse people from the ceremony?

Location hidden

#2838 Oct 1, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No problem with Christian wedding service provider who don't want to attend a same sex wedding? Enough tolerance to excuse people from the ceremony?
Do yourself a favour and prove your creationist god before haring any more opinions from your mental illness of faith so dishonestly.
Thinking

UK

#2839 Oct 1, 2013
Are you talking about government employees?
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No problem with Christian wedding service provider who don't want to attend a same sex wedding? Enough tolerance to excuse people from the ceremony?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2840 Oct 1, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he wants to "know" Jesus.
indeed.... with Jesus Lube™

“What U Don't Know U Fear”

Since: Mar 13

What U Fear U will Never Know

#2841 Oct 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>And my argument focuses on the discussion; few gays are as insulting as same sex marriage supporters. Many gays defend marriage as one man and one woman.
1. I doubt if you know many gays.
2. If you do know any, I doubt that you converse with them.
3. Sex is not a union. Some are born just from a sexual fling.
4. You saying many gays defend same sex marriage as one man one woman,,, see 1 again.

North Hollywood, CA

#2842 Oct 2, 2013
<quoted text>
indeed.... with Jesus Lube™
:)

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#2843 Oct 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Many gays defend marriage as one man and one woman.
You mean as ONLY a man and a woman? Prove it.

Location hidden

#2844 Oct 2, 2013
Brian's gone quiet - just like all creationists when confronted with the facts.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#2845 Oct 11, 2013
replaytime wrote:
1. I doubt if you know many gays.
2. If you do know any, I doubt that you converse with them.
3. Sex is not a union. Some are born just from a sexual fling.
4. You saying many gays defend same sex marriage as one man one woman,,, see 1 again.
I know about PC, not many conservatives speak out among leftists; we're afraid of the mob. You've heard them insult, defame and insult folks who defend marriage as one man and one woman. No wonder you think that way, you don't listen to the other side of the argument. We do agree, marriage isn't for everyone. Neither is parenthood.

Parents should be able to care for their children, not everyone chooses to complete school, get a job, marry and then have children. Sex is a union of male and female, when it comes to reproduction. Sex and marriage is different; that's why marriage is male/female. That's the predominant orientation, especially among parents.

I'm not saying casual fling sex and out of wedlock parenthood is bad. Children who don't know who their father was isn't necessarily a bad thing; just that some models for social behavior are better for civilization than others. I think this is why maybe we're not wise, listening to homosexuals define marriage rather than our elders.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#2846 Oct 11, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
I know about PC, not many conservatives speak out among leftists; we're afraid of the mob. You've heard them insult, defame and insult folks who defend marriage as one man and one woman. No wonder you think that way, you don't listen to the other side of the argument. We do agree, marriage isn't for everyone. Neither is parenthood.
Of course, in each case that is for the individual to decide, not for the state to mandate.

You are not a conservative, you are fascist, you wish to substitute your judgment and force others to comply with it. That is neither conservative, nor does it respect individual freedom, freedom of speech, freedom of religion, or freedom in general. In short, you are an extremist of the worst variety.
Brian_G wrote:
Parents should be able to care for their children, not everyone chooses to complete school, get a job, marry and then have children. Sex is a union of male and female, when it comes to reproduction. Sex and marriage is different; that's why marriage is male/female. That's the predominant orientation, especially among parents.
I'm not saying casual fling sex and out of wedlock parenthood is bad. Children who don't know who their father was isn't necessarily a bad thing; just that some models for social behavior are better for civilization than others. I think this is why maybe we're not wise, listening to homosexuals define marriage rather than our elders.
First of all, child rearing and legal marriage are not intrinsically linked. Secondly, you have been utterly incapable of providing proof that same sex parents produce any worse outcomes than any other parents. You make many claims, but you offer no substantiation.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2847 Oct 11, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I know about PC, not many conservatives speak out among leftists; we're afraid of the mob. You've heard them insult, defame and insult folks who defend marriage as one man and one woman. No wonder you think that way, you don't listen to the other side of the argument. We do agree, marriage isn't for everyone. Neither is parenthood.
Move to Russia. You will **love** it there-- they are even now, about to pass such draconian laws against the gays, that you would seriously be happy.

I bet if you applied to their embassy, and showed them your posts here, they'd grant you a visa.

Off you go, then!

Santa Monica, CA

#2848 Oct 11, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I know about PC, not many conservatives speak out among leftists; we're afraid of the mob. You've heard them insult, defame and insult folks who defend marriage as one man and one woman. No wonder you think that way, you don't listen to the other side of the argument. We do agree, marriage isn't for everyone. Neither is parenthood.
Rose's Law: Morons without a real argument scream, "But what about the children!?"
Your rambling has nothing to do with the effects of gay marriage at all.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#2849 Oct 12, 2013
Move to Russia. You will **love** it there-- they are even now, about to pass such draconian laws against the gays, that you would seriously be happy. I bet if you applied to their embassy, and showed them your posts here, they'd grant you a visa.
Off you go, then!
^^^This proves Bobby hasn't read my previous posts we're I've condemned Putin's free speech restrictions directed against homosexuals. Gays in Russia face discrimination and homophobia while in America, they are free to ignore the dangers to Russian gays while the left pursues a radical policy of social change. He's just so wrong, it isn't funny.

Let's work together to save lives instead of working against each other on the issue of redefining marriage. That way, we'll have a better world. Gays in America are free to speak, write and cohabit while gays in the Muslim countries, Jamaica and Russia face laws that jeopardize happiness, freedom and life. Reason 3 for keeping marriage one man and one woman: Survival.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists and the "Moses Syndrome" 1 hr par five 6
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr ChristineM 10,709
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr ChristineM 244,784
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr DanFromSmithville 20,532
Santa vs. God: logic? 10 hr Shizle 2
Atheists should stop feeding the stereotypes 14 hr Shizle 11
Is the Christian god good? 15 hr Shizle 4
More from around the web