Atheism and homosexuality

Atheism and homosexuality

There are 3861 comments on the Conservapedia story from Dec 5, 2011, titled Atheism and homosexuality. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2809 Sep 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, same sex marriage would change society a big way, but I don't assume it will be all positive. There will be negative affects too. They would outweigh the good.
There's no law banning straight people from same sex marriage. Business partners might decide to marry in order to shield corporate assets from inheritance tax. Some people marry for reasons other than sexual gratification. I don't see how that benefits society as a whole.
Male/female marriage supports the value that our children learn to be responsible for their children, to raise their kids with the child's mother and father. Same sex marriage opposes that value.
Keeping marriage one man and one woman has nothing to do with homosexuality; it has to do with human reproductive biology. Natural laws demand either societies help children learn to be men and women or go extinct. That's why there's no copy of any pre21st century same sex marriage law, extinction.
Same sex marriage is so harmful, many gays defend marriage defined as husband and wife.
Make no mistake the reason you have stupid opinions about marriage is because you're a creationist.

Since all creationists are liars, there's no need to regard your opinion with any notice whatsoever.

Which is why you keep on spamming it over and over again like the worthless creationist lying troll that you are.

Even your avatar is stupid - You're trying to make a point about climate change, but don't realise that CO2 is fine, its CO that's the problem.

What a f*cking idiot of epic proportions!

Location hidden

#2810 Sep 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I've made no judgement and I've criticized neither.
Consider the case of a divorce, where a gay dad remarries and wants the court to give him custody because the child's mother is a single mother. Then, he wants his partner to adopt the child, even though the child still has a mother and a father. Now consider, what if the court is forced to consider past cultural bias against same sex marriage and make their judgement on social justice instead of the child's welfare. Which do you see as more harmful?
Which do you think more likely, same sex couples greatly influencing custody, inheritance and community property law toward making up for past discrimination or conservatives banning single parent custody? Can you name even one Republican Senator who opposes same sex adoption?
Don't even pretend to sound intelligent, just prove your god or f*ck off back to your creationist cult. Your opinions are worthless without proof.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2811 Sep 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, same sex marriage would change society a big way, but I don't assume it will be all positive. There will be negative affects too. They would outweigh the good.
And yet, no one else, in any court case, has ever been able to present the negative side of marriage.

No one has shown that more stable married couples and kids with married parents are bad for society. No one has proven that sending a message to every gay kids that shacking up and irresponsible sex is just fine, but marriage is only for "real people" is a healthy one, and promoted healthy choices.

No one has shown that the elderly are better off without the protections of marriage. No one has ever been able to show those negative sides to such a positive thing.

No one has shown that by denying religious denomination the right to have the marriages they conduct legally recognized, that religious freedom is supported.

Your ONLY argument these days is that business owners should have the legal right to discriminate against any part of the public they dislike. You would strip away all anti-discrimination laws, to protect the "rights" of those who offer public accommodation, the the pubic they find objectionable.

And that's not going to happen. No "whites only" signs on store windows. NO "Gay not allowed" signs on flower shop doors.

Get over it.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2812 Sep 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I've made no judgement and I've criticized neither.
Consider the case of a divorce, where a gay dad remarries and wants the court to give him custody because the child's mother is a single mother. Then, he wants his partner to adopt the child, even though the child still has a mother and a father.........
This exact scenario happens with heterosexual couples each and every day. That's why we have courts that handle family law. If the parents are unwilling or unable to work out a solution that is in the best interest of the child, then the court is required to do it for them.

And, in your scenario, if the Mother is a drug addict, or has a history of abusing that child, the Father would likely get full custody.

The gender of the Father's spouse would not be a relevant question - only the fitness of the Father, and the health of the environment the child was going into.

You are inventing problems where there are already solutions.

Gender just isn't a factor - or should not be - when deciding family law cases.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#2813 Sep 30, 2013
We already treat our gay acquaintances and relatives like normal human beings; I don't have to support radically changing marriage laws to prove I'm not a bigot. Many gays defend marriage as male/female, when you defend them you defend marriage. Real persecution comes from the fascist Islamist jihad and populist dictators like Putin. Let's work together for life instead of fighting about radical social change.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#2814 Sep 30, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
The young boys in this clip are both motherless AND fatherless...[URL deleted]...plus hungry and mentally abused. The child services employee who placed those kids with those psychos ought to be sentenced to life in prison with no chance of parole.
Same sex adoption isn't the answer, there are so few gays willing to adopt, they make the newspaper headlines when they try. And sometimes same sex couples commit similar abuse; though for neither gays or straights is it the norm.

Don't make law based on extreme cases; there are waiting lists for couples to adopt newborn babies. That's why people go to Africa, Asia and South America to adopt a newborn. Every child deserves a mother and father but not all are raised by their mother and father; that's the human condition.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#2815 Sep 30, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Yes you have in this comment of yours.
[Every child raised by a same sex couple is raised either motherless or fatherless. If that's not harm, what is?] So by right out lying you show your words mean nothing.
That's a question about objective fact; you can ask yourself what it would have been like if one of your parents split for a same sex marriage. Do you think same sex marriage will help children if one parent decides to leave?

Marriage is a social model that tells society parents shouldn't runaway from their family responsibilities and live off welfare. The left wants less people relying on family and more people relying on government. That's why the black out of wedlock birthrate is so high, financial incentives for single motherhood.

If you want to avoid the destruction of human rights; keep marriage one man and one woman. Else, they'll sue you for not performing at a same sex wedding.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#2816 Sep 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Many gays defend marriage as male/female, when you defend them you defend marriage.
Your side says this a lot, yet when asked to prove the existence of these anti-equality gays, they can't. Let's see some proof.
Brian_G wrote:
Let's work together for life instead of fighting about radical social change.
Yes, let's do. Quit fighting against us; let us have the same rights you do. Then we can spend our energy on solving humanity's bigger problems.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#2817 Sep 30, 2013
Quest wrote:
...Gender just isn't a factor - or should not be - when deciding family law cases.
I disagree, gender matters, motherhood and fatherhood matter when it comes to deciding family law. You don't get to redefine family for everyone without doing the legislative work.

Down with court imposed radical social change. A child is born deserving a mother and father; that's the human condition.
Thinking

Royston, UK

#2818 Sep 30, 2013
Prove it. Sources?
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>...there are so few gays willing to adopt...

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#2819 Sep 30, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Make no mistake the reason you have stupid opinions about marriage is because you're a creationist. Since all creationists are liars, there's no need to regard your opinion with any notice whatsoever. Which is why you keep on spamming it over and over again like the worthless creationist lying troll that you are. Even your avatar is stupid - You're trying to make a point about climate change, but don't realise that CO2 is fine, its CO that's the problem. What a f*cking idiot of epic proportions! 9636
I keep writing, I'm not interested in discussing creationism. I'm tired of reading -Skeptic-'s creationist profane, insulting and inane rants.

There are many reasons for defending marriage as one man and one woman; your mom and dad for instance. Every gay was born of male/female union. There's something special about procreation and society aught to reward couples who bring that benefit to society.

Have you ever noticed how many same sex marriage supporters fear population growth?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#2820 Sep 30, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Prove it. Sources?
<quoted text>
If you're not aware, Brian lies through his teeth about pretty much everything. He believes that simply stating his opinions somehow means they are facts.

He's a little demented that Brian...
Thinking

Royston, UK

#2821 Sep 30, 2013
Agreed!

Does Brian know that King Cnut was joking when he said the tide wouldn't come in?
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're not aware, Brian lies through his teeth about pretty much everything. He believes that simply stating his opinions somehow means they are facts.
He's a little demented that Brian...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2822 Sep 30, 2013
Dickerman wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be a shiteating fagg@t. Your words and smell gave you away.
How mental of you.
a

More Jesus showing.

How nice.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2823 Sep 30, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't get your mind off of dick, huh?
He can't-- too much Jesus.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2824 Sep 30, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Yep. There's no such thing as gods or pixies.
I think the only thing to do is keep stating the obvious. Around the world, more pennies are dropping.
http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/the+penny...
Indeed. The interwebs has allowed people to compare notes-- and under such widespread note-taking, people are beginning to realize that gods simply do not exist-- for lack of doing anything.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2825 Sep 30, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>You're ignorance of transgenders and their issues is staggering. The family in the clip are more normal than you and I for one would welcome them as neighbors. I don't think you should be allowed near children. You sound like an old southerner defending slavery in the 1920s or a 1930s reactionary complaining about women getting the vote.
And while I'm here....
Religion = superstition
Get over it.
Indeed. Nano has long since shown herself to be a psychopath.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#2826 Sep 30, 2013
Just Think wrote:
If you're not aware, Brian lies through his teeth about pretty much everything. He believes that simply stating his opinions somehow means they are facts. He's a little demented that Brian...
And my argument focuses on the discussion; few gays are as insulting as same sex marriage supporters. Many gays defend marriage as one man and one woman.

Every gay was born of man/woman union.
Thinking

Royston, UK

#2827 Sep 30, 2013
As you have lost your argument in many first world countries, is a move to somewhere like Uganda on the cards for you?
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>And my argument focuses on the discussion; few gays are as insulting as same sex marriage supporters. Many gays defend marriage as one man and one woman.

Location hidden

#2828 Sep 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>And my argument focuses on the discussion; few gays are as insulting as same sex marriage supporters. Many gays defend marriage as one man and one woman.
are you saying that sex and marriage are the same thing?

once again, the idiot creationist doesn't stop to THINK.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 45 min Subduction Zone 85,568
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 7 hr 15th Dalai Lama 4,905
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Jan 17 ChristineM 4,026
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jan 16 Into The Night 5,146
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Jan 15 Dogen 33,127
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Jan 15 superwilly 111
News Egypt's parliament takes serious actions to com... Jan 14 emperorjohn 1
More from around the web