Atheism and homosexuality

Dec 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Conservapedia

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Comments
2,681 - 2,700 of 3,862 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

#2787 Sep 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>None of those Christians turned down a mixed race wedding, black, Asian or Yankee wedding; those aren't radical changes to marriage law. Some of those marriages existed in Biblical teaching, all written marriage law before the 21st century defined marriage as male/female.
We oppose forcing Christians to participate in same sex weddings under threat of fines and lawsuits. They are starting with Christians, your group is next.
I did not ask who they turned down. I asked you a simple question that you dodged so here is your chance to answer it again.

Do people have the same right to turn down a mixed race wedding? A Black wedding? A Asian Wedding? A Yankee wedding? Where do you draw the line on what is right for people to turn down?

And I say again and even give you the link;

A broad definition of marriage includes those that are monogamous, polygamous, same-sex and temporary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#2788 Sep 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^Many same sex marriage supporters use ad hominem arguments (especially defamation) because no rational argument supports their opinion.
Bitch, I use ad hominem because you are a bigot. And I dfo have a rational argument to support my position, equal protection. You have only your bigotry.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Not to popularity, I'm appealing to moderation and centrism; I'm claiming the middle ground. You can see that's true because I don't use name-calling or defamation.
No, you aren't you filthy lair. Denying people equal rights isn't "moderation".
Saying people should be denied equal rights is far worse than any name calling. There is no nice way to tell people they aren't fully human.

Santa Monica, CA

#2789 Sep 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>-Skeptic-, I've been discussing centrism. How many times do I have to write, I'm not interested in discussing your ideas on creationism?
Sorry, jerk off, denying people equal protection isn't "centrism".

Santa Monica, CA

#2790 Sep 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
85% Think Christian Photographer Has Right to Turn Down Same-Sex Wedding Job
Americans draw a fine line when it comes to respecting each other’s rights. If a Christian wedding photographer who has deeply held religious beliefs opposing same-sex marriage is asked to work a same-sex wedding ceremony, 85% of American Adults believe he has the right to say no. A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that only eight percent (8%) disagree even as the courts are hearing such challenges.
(To see survey question wording, click here.)
http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/...
Screw 'em. They are offering a service to the public. Their bigotry shouldn't get special consideration because it's based on Bronze Age myth.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2792 Sep 29, 2013
Dickerman wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey fagg@t, you're referring to a homophobe. Roflmao
You must be a Genuine Christian™.

Your hate and bigotry is what gave you away.

How Jesus of you.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#2793 Sep 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell it to someone who cares:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>I've told -Skeptic before, I have no intention of proving anything about a faith based belief. Religion is about prayer or study or faith, not proof.
<quoted text>Try telling that to -Skeptic-, he'd love it. I'm not interested in R.A.'s religious beliefs.
<quoted text>Thanks!
Wow, you really are an idiot, who can't support their opinion. Thanks for admitting as much.

Santa Monica, CA

#2795 Sep 29, 2013
Dick erman wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be a shiteating fagg@t. Your words and smell gave you away.
How mental of you.
Can't get your mind off of dick, huh?

Santa Monica, CA

#2796 Sep 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>None of those Christians turned down a mixed race wedding, black, Asian or Yankee wedding; those aren't radical changes to marriage law. Some of those marriages existed in Biblical teaching, all written marriage law before the 21st century defined marriage as male/female.
Even it that's true, so what? You are appealing to tradition. A logical fallacy.

I'm curious, did your parents divorce because they hated you?
Brian_G wrote:
We oppose forcing Christians to participate in same sex weddings under threat of fines and lawsuits. They are starting with Christians, your group is next.
I say screw them. If they can't serve the public without bigotry, they should be punished.

Santa Monica, CA

#2797 Sep 29, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Interracial marriage wasn't? When there were specific laws that prohibited it? You don't follow history, do you?
Sorry. If you hold a business license, you agree to follow ALL laws and statutes that govern it. If as a business owner you need to break the law based on your religious beliefs, then you need to find another line of work.
We don't create laws that harm millions of law-abiding Americans simply to protect the "right" of a few business owners to discriminate against them.
That would be insane.
And don't forget, the *only* actual argument given against inter racial marriage in Loving v VA was that god didn't want the races to mix. S

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2798 Sep 30, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
And funnily enough Bobby Jindal's resignation is long overdue.
I could say the same thing about the Queen but, being an American, I don't give a rat's as to what crap you might be stuck with, supposing you really are in the UK.

Considering your inordinate amount of concern with American legislators I doubt you are a UK citizen.

Location hidden

#2799 Sep 30, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Biology doesn't apply to marriage.
First, you say biology does not apply to marriage...

Location hidden

#2800 Sep 30, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>...

biology therefore supports gay marriage in the same way it supports straight marriage.
Then you say it DOES support marriage, ALL marriage...

Biology does not support any kind of abstract concept, no artificial construct that has to do with laws that are taught, laws that differ from state to state.

Geez, you are trying to mix biology with morals and kitteh don't play that game.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#2801 Sep 30, 2013
In Russia, gays don't have free speech. In Hollywood, "over a third of LGBT performers, as well as some non-LGBT performers, had witnessed “disrespectful” treatment toward these minorities." Which is prejudice and which is like High School?

The problem with same sex marriage, it harms gay rights by suing our Christian neighbors instead of fighting those who actually do great harm.

Location hidden

#2802 Sep 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have any proof biology has nothing to do with culture? How do you explain the universal male/female nature of marriage in every culture on Earth?
<quoted text>Every child raised by a same sex couple is raised either motherless or fatherless. If that's not harm, what is?
The young boys in this clip are both motherless AND fatherless...

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/3036750/ns/msnbc-do...

...plus hungry and mentally abused.

The child services employee who placed those kids with those psychos ought to be sentenced to life in prison with no chance of parole.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

That's Just My Game

#2803 Sep 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text> Every child raised by a same sex couple is raised either motherless or fatherless. If that's not harm, what is?
What do you see as more harmful. Being raised by a same sex couple or being raised only by a divorced/widowed father or mother?
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#2804 Sep 30, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude! Your god is no more real than the Tooth Fairy.
Seriously. Get a grip.
Yep. There's no such thing as gods or pixies.

I think the only thing to do is keep stating the obvious. Around the world, more pennies are dropping.
http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/the+penny...
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#2805 Sep 30, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The young boys in this clip are both motherless AND fatherless...
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/3036750/ns/msnbc-do...
...plus hungry and mentally abused.
The child services employee who placed those kids with those psychos ought to be sentenced to life in prison with no chance of parole.
You're ignorance of transgenders and their issues is staggering. The family in the clip are more normal than you and I for one would welcome them as neighbors. I don't think you should be allowed near children. You sound like an old southerner defending slavery in the 1920s or a 1930s reactionary complaining about women getting the vote.

And while I'm here....
Religion = superstition
Get over it.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#2806 Sep 30, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
Same Sex Marriage will change society, in a very big and very positive way. It is good for America and the world, there are absolutely no downsides to any part of it. All of humanity will benefit from Same Sex Marriage. "Straight" people will be able to accept that if they want to mess around in a gay situation it is perfectly OK to do so since everyone around them is doing so. No longer will people feel guilty because of a little experimentation and then end up going insane trying to fight the desires for the rest of their lives. "They" also used to claim the earth was flat. How did that work out?
I agree, same sex marriage would change society a big way, but I don't assume it will be all positive. There will be negative affects too. They would outweigh the good.

There's no law banning straight people from same sex marriage. Business partners might decide to marry in order to shield corporate assets from inheritance tax. Some people marry for reasons other than sexual gratification. I don't see how that benefits society as a whole.

Male/female marriage supports the value that our children learn to be responsible for their children, to raise their kids with the child's mother and father. Same sex marriage opposes that value.

Keeping marriage one man and one woman has nothing to do with homosexuality; it has to do with human reproductive biology. Natural laws demand either societies help children learn to be men and women or go extinct. That's why there's no copy of any pre21st century same sex marriage law, extinction.

Same sex marriage is so harmful, many gays defend marriage defined as husband and wife.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#2807 Sep 30, 2013
replaytime wrote:
What do you see as more harmful. Being raised by a same sex couple or being raised only by a divorced/widowed father or mother?
I've made no judgement and I've criticized neither.

Consider the case of a divorce, where a gay dad remarries and wants the court to give him custody because the child's mother is a single mother. Then, he wants his partner to adopt the child, even though the child still has a mother and a father. Now consider, what if the court is forced to consider past cultural bias against same sex marriage and make their judgement on social justice instead of the child's welfare. Which do you see as more harmful?

Which do you think more likely, same sex couples greatly influencing custody, inheritance and community property law toward making up for past discrimination or conservatives banning single parent custody? Can you name even one Republican Senator who opposes same sex adoption?

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

That's Just My Game

#2808 Sep 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text> I've made no judgement and I've criticized neither.
Yes you have in this comment of yours.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Every child raised by a same sex couple is raised either motherless or fatherless. If that's not harm, what is?
So by right out lying you show your words mean nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min ChristineM 226,550
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 16 min Thinking 21,529
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr Thinking 5,921
The Ultimate Evidence of God 5 hr James 68
The myth of the angry atheist 17 hr _Bad Company 3
Our world came from nothing? 21 hr Patrick 436
It seems there are more Atheists in the Christi... (Jun '13) 21 hr Patrick 13
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••