Atheism and homosexuality

There are 3861 comments on the Conservapedia story from Dec 5, 2011, titled Atheism and homosexuality. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2767 Sep 28, 2013
I'm going to remind you over and over again Brian, you can't share your opinions about marriage, when they are based on what your creationist cult told you to say in this forum.

You're not going to convert anybody and your anti-equality stance is not going to be entertained any more.

You just need to prove the god you're lying about and that's all, then suddenly you don't need to convince us you are ignorant any more.

Because you will have been brave enough to provide evidence for your cult not being a total lie.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#2768 Sep 28, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
None of those Christians turned down a mixed race wedding, black, Asian or Yankee wedding; those aren't radical changes to marriage law.
Brian, if a state has a law against discriminating against homosexuals, and one denies a homosexual services at a public business, have they broken the law?
Brian_G wrote:
Some of those marriages existed in Biblical teaching, all written marriage law before the 21st century defined marriage as male/female.
Brian, if one were a Muslim business owner, can they hold you to their religious moral standards?

Do you see how your idiotic notion actually defies free exercise of religion? Why do you hate free will?

I already know you won't respond, because you are a mindless tool, who has no valid argument.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#2769 Sep 29, 2013
They used to claim same sex marriage won't affect you if you aren't gay. It sure affected those Christians sued for not participating in same sex weddings.

How won't same sex marriage change law and society?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2770 Sep 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
They used to claim same sex marriage won't affect you if you aren't gay. It sure affected those Christians sued for not participating in same sex weddings.
Dishonest Brian can't prove the creationist god his cult sent him here to lie about.

So instead he starts telling everyone who should and shouldnt get married.

This is how mentally ill cult members think

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#2771 Sep 29, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Dishonest Brian can't prove the creationist god his cult sent him here to lie about.
I've written before, I'm not interested in -Skeptic-'s bizarre view of religion and creationism. I have no intention of proving the existence of a faith based entitiy.

-Skeptic- wrote:
Marriage isn't for everyone. Most people believe marriage is male/female.

-Skeptic- wrote:
^^^The expert speaks.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2772 Sep 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I've written before, I'm not interested in -Skeptic-'s bizarre view of religion and creationism. I have no intention of proving the existence of a faith based entitiy.
<quoted text>Marriage isn't for everyone. Most people believe marriage is male/female.
<quoted text>^^^The expert speaks.
Not according the the most recent polls, but even if you were right, basic civil rights are not granted or withheld based on public opinion.

And if folks try to do that, they end up in court, as they should.

Location hidden

#2773 Sep 29, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Brian, if a state has a law against discriminating against homosexuals, and one denies a homosexual services at a public business, have they broken the law?
<quoted text>
Brian, if one were a Muslim business owner, can they hold you to their religious moral standards?
Do you see how your idiotic notion actually defies free exercise of religion? Why do you hate free will?
I already know you won't respond, because you are a mindless tool, who has no valid argument.
Where I grew up, most of the gas stations were owned by Muslim folks. I have never seen signs posted on their businesses that they do not serve Christians, or Jews.

In Brian's world, every business would have a list of undesirables that they will refuse to serve. All business owners would just pick and choose:

No Jews.
No Blacks.
No Muslims.
No Christians.
No Gays.
No Interracial couples or families.
No Women.
No Mexicans.

Can you imagine the lengths of those lists in certain parts of the country?

Location hidden

#2774 Sep 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
It only affects you if you are an irrational bigot who chooses to break the law.

Normal and law-abiding people will not be negatively affected.

Come on, Brian, show us how it's just FINE to harm millions of gay people to protect the "right to discriminate" for religious reasons of a few irrational lawbreakers.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#2775 Sep 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Then "most people" should only marry someone of the opposite sex, however that is a decision they should be free to make for themselves.

You are a moron.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#2776 Sep 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Why do you hate free will?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#2777 Sep 29, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Brian was does the bible say about judging/condemning others?
Matthew 7:1 - "Do not judge, or you too will be judged.
Romans 2:1 - You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.
When you condemn or judge others, you are seen to be bad like the ones you judge. You keep talking about what the bible says, maybe you need to learn to follow what it says.
Excellent post, that is one of the best I have seen in here in a very long time. Way to go!!! Thumbs up big time!!!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#2778 Sep 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Same Sex Marriage will change society, in a very big and very positive way. It is good for America and the world, there are absolutely no downsides to any part of it. All of humanity will benefit from Same Sex Marriage. "Straight" people will be able to accept that if they want to mess around in a gay situation it is perfectly OK to do so since everyone around them is doing so. No longer will people feel guilty because of a little experimentation and then end up going insane trying to fight the desires for the rest of their lives.

"They" also used to claim the earth was flat. How did that work out?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#2779 Sep 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text> I have no intention of proving the existence of a faith based entitiy.
You are more delusional than I previously thought if you believe anyone believes you have the ability to prove the existence of God.

You could be honest and just say, I can't prove God exists. The reason you can't prove it is because God does not exist. And I'll be quite happy to prove to you that no such thing as this Mr. God of yours exists and I'll be quite happy to do so, just as soon as you are finished providing all of your alleged evidence that such a being does exist.

I have no intention of proving I was born on the Holy Planet Purgatory.

Since: Sep 13

Dubai, UAE

#2780 Sep 29, 2013
MrDesoto1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Conservatives in both politics and in the churches have made millions of dollars in donations on the backs of gays in the past 40 years.
They are stupid it is better for them to feed their nations

They are encourging immorality.

There people whose eye is not blind but there heart

(they kept critising NASA for spending huge amount moon to step on moon and discover the crack

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#2781 Sep 29, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we can't really call what the mentally ill Christ-insanity cult members do thinking, any more than we can call the chirping of a canary talking.

Who ever told these delusional pew warming Christ-insanity-ists that it is their duty to tell other people how to live their lives needs to be locked up in an institution and force fed meds.

At the very least we need to protect our children from them. I know I did a good job when the JW's knock on our door and my son goes out and reads them the riot act for 45 minutes.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2782 Sep 29, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Not according the the most recent polls, but even if you were right, basic civil rights are not granted or withheld based on public opinion.
And if folks try to do that, they end up in court, as they should.
Exactly!

The whole Civil Rights was based on what you just said-- and the majority of Genuine Christians™ in the South fought tooth-and-nail against giving African Americans equal treatment of the law.

Even today, we see a strong return, with Gerrymandering of voting districts to keep the minority in political power....

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2783 Sep 29, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Where I grew up, most of the gas stations were owned by Muslim folks. I have never seen signs posted on their businesses that they do not serve Christians, or Jews.
In Brian's world, every business would have a list of undesirables that they will refuse to serve. All business owners would just pick and choose:
No Jews.
No Blacks.
No Muslims.
No Christians.
No Gays.
No Interracial couples or families.
No Women.
No Mexicans.
Can you imagine the lengths of those lists in certain parts of the country?
I can easily imagine it-- or the reverse: "only club members allowed".

... meh.

Since: Sep 13

UAE

#2784 Sep 29, 2013
Those Atheist ill

Lol

It is kind of psycho illness

Because they are uneducated people, they don't know
Such thing

I advise
You should go and take session

God say :

" In their hearts is a disease "

When god permit homosexuality he tend to protect you

Just like when you were kid and play with electricity then your parents stop you

Not because they want to take your freedom
But to protect you

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2785 Sep 29, 2013
No-Doubt wrote:
Those Atheist ill
Lol
It is kind of psycho illness
Because they are uneducated people, they don't know
Such thing
I advise
You should go and take session
God say :
" In their hearts is a disease "
When god permit homosexuality he tend to protect you
Just like when you were kid and play with electricity then your parents stop you
Not because they want to take your freedom
But to protect you
Dude! Your god is no more real than the Tooth Fairy.

Seriously. Get a grip.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#2786 Sep 29, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
You are more delusional than I previously thought if you believe anyone believes you have the ability to prove the existence of God.
Tell it to someone who cares:
-Skeptic- wrote:
...You just need to prove the god you're lying about and that's all, then suddenly you don't need to convince us you are ignorant any more....
Reverend Alan wrote:
You could be honest and just say, I can't prove God exists.
I've told -Skeptic before, I have no intention of proving anything about a faith based belief. Religion is about prayer or study or faith, not proof.

Reverend Alan wrote:
The reason you can't prove it is because God does not exist. And I'll be quite happy to prove to you that no such thing as this Mr. God of yours exists and I'll be quite happy to do so, just as soon as you are finished providing all of your alleged evidence that such a being does exist.
Try telling that to -Skeptic-, he'd love it. I'm not interested in R.A.'s religious beliefs.

Reverend Alan wrote:
I have no intention of proving I was born on the Holy Planet Purgatory.
Thanks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists 1 hr superwilly 106
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 3 hr thetruth 7,459
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr thetruth 239,089
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 3 hr thetruth 7,360
why Atheists believe in incest,pedophilia and b... 21 hr hpcaban 30
News .com | What hope is there without God? May 20 Kaitlin the Wolf ... 26
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) May 20 thetruth 2,171
More from around the web