Atheism and homosexuality

Atheism and homosexuality

There are 3861 comments on the Conservapedia story from Dec 5, 2011, titled Atheism and homosexuality. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Thinking

Royston, UK

#2747 Sep 26, 2013
Great point.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3400/4621468913...
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Many times a majority only means that all the fools are on the same side. Too many are afraid to take a stand or they just follow the crowd.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2748 Sep 26, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_opinion_o...
A July 10-14 poll by Gallup found support for gay marriage at 54%, a record high, and double the support of 27% Gallup first measured when the question was asked in 1996.
A July poll by USA Today found that 55% of Americans supported gay marriage while 40% did not.
A May 9 Washington Post-ABC News poll found that 55% of Americans supported gay marriage while 40% did not.
A March 20–24 CBS News Poll found that 53% of Americans supported same-sex marriage, 39% opposed it, and 8% were undecided.[16] The same poll also found that 33% of Americans who thought same-sex couples should be allowed to legally marry said they once held the opposite view and had changed their opinion.
A March 7–10 Washington Post-ABC News poll found that 58% of Americans support same-sex marriage while 36% opposed. The poll indicated that 52% of GOP-leaning independents under 50 years old supported gay marriage
Unquote.
As time moves forward? So does education, and the realization that marriage **equality** harms absolutely **nobody** but does grant equal rights for a sizable fraction of our citizens.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#2749 Sep 27, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
So what, bitch?
^^^Many same sex marriage supporters use ad hominem arguments (especially defamation) because no rational argument supports their opinion.

Rose_NoHo wrote:
You are appealing to popularity. A logical fallacy.
Not to popularity, I'm appealing to moderation and centrism; I'm claiming the middle ground. You can see that's true because I don't use name-calling or defamation.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2750 Sep 27, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^Many same sex marriage supporters use ad hominem arguments (especially defamation) because no rational argument supports their opinion.
<quoted text>Not to popularity, I'm appealing to moderation and centrism; I'm claiming the middle ground. You can see that's true because I don't use name-calling or defamation.
Creationism is no excuse for having an opinion. Get mentally well first, and there is a whole world of honest thought open to you.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#2751 Sep 27, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
One thing atheism and same sex marriage have in common; they are both rejected by the majority.
"One's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections."
West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette
http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/histori...
Brian_G wrote:
Keeping marriage male/female is the centrist, middle of the road opinion while radically changing marriage or criminalizing homosexual behavior are the extremist radical positions.
Arguing against equal protection of the law for fellow citizens is unAmerican, unintelligent, and simply wrong.

Congratulations, you have proven that you are unAmerican, unintelligent, and wrong.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2752 Sep 27, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Not to popularity, I'm appealing to moderation and centrism; I'm claiming the middle ground. You can see that's true because I don't use name-calling or defamation.
It's not middle ground to be a 100% bigot, with regards to marriage equality.

Sorry, but that's the facts, Jack.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#2753 Sep 27, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^Many same sex marriage supporters use ad hominem arguments (especially defamation) because no rational argument supports their opinion.
Brian I have two questions for you.
1. Do you like to read as much as you like to talk?
2. Do you believe things change or do you think everything should stay the same forever?

A broad definition of marriage includes those that are monogamous, polygamous, same-sex and temporary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage

Location hidden

#2754 Sep 28, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Repeating your bullsh*t creationist opinion on marriage is not "taking the moral high ground" Brian.

You can't fool us after centuries of lies.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#2755 Sep 28, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Creationism is no excuse for having an opinion. Get mentally well first, and there is a whole world of honest thought open to you.
-Skeptic-, I've been discussing centrism. How many times do I have to write, I'm not interested in discussing your ideas on creationism?

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#2756 Sep 28, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Yes you do and you aren't in the middle.

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#2757 Sep 28, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>-Skeptic-, I've been discussing centrism. How many times do I have to write, I'm not interested in discussing your ideas on creationism?
You may be discussing it, but you sure don't represent it.

You are almost a caricature of the far right.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#2758 Sep 28, 2013
85% Think Christian Photographer Has Right to Turn Down Same-Sex Wedding Job

Americans draw a fine line when it comes to respecting each other’s rights. If a Christian wedding photographer who has deeply held religious beliefs opposing same-sex marriage is asked to work a same-sex wedding ceremony, 85% of American Adults believe he has the right to say no. A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that only eight percent (8%) disagree even as the courts are hearing such challenges.

(To see survey question wording, click here.)
http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/...

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#2759 Sep 28, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
85% Think Christian Photographer Has Right to Turn Down Same-Sex Wedding Job
Americans draw a fine line when it comes to respecting each other’s rights. If a Christian wedding photographer who has deeply held religious beliefs opposing same-sex marriage is asked to work a same-sex wedding ceremony, 85% of American Adults believe he has the right to say no. A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that only eight percent (8%) disagree even as the courts are hearing such challenges.
(To see survey question wording, click here.)
http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/...
Does he have the same right to turn down a mixed race wedding? A Black wedding? A Asian Wedding? A Yankee wedding? Where do you draw the line and why is your standard on the line you draw?

Location hidden

#2760 Sep 28, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>-Skeptic-, I've been discussing centrism. How many times do I have to write, I'm not interested in discussing your ideas on creationism?
Its the reason for your ignorant views on marriage and co2, you can't fool anyone online.

Location hidden

#2761 Sep 28, 2013
dumb neocon trolls like brian are thick as sh*t

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#2762 Sep 28, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Does he have the same right to turn down a mixed race wedding? A Black wedding? A Asian Wedding? A Yankee wedding? Where do you draw the line and why is your standard on the line you draw?
None of those Christians turned down a mixed race wedding, black, Asian or Yankee wedding; those aren't radical changes to marriage law. Some of those marriages existed in Biblical teaching, all written marriage law before the 21st century defined marriage as male/female.

We oppose forcing Christians to participate in same sex weddings under threat of fines and lawsuits. They are starting with Christians, your group is next.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2763 Sep 28, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>None of those Christians turned down a mixed race wedding, black, Asian or Yankee wedding; those aren't radical changes to marriage law....
Interracial marriage wasn't? When there were specific laws that prohibited it? You don't follow history, do you?

Sorry. If you hold a business license, you agree to follow ALL laws and statutes that govern it. If as a business owner you need to break the law based on your religious beliefs, then you need to find another line of work.

We don't create laws that harm millions of law-abiding Americans simply to protect the "right" of a few business owners to discriminate against them.

That would be insane.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#2764 Sep 28, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>None of those Christians turned down a mixed race wedding, black, Asian or Yankee wedding; those aren't radical changes to marriage law. Some of those marriages existed in Biblical teaching, all written marriage law before the 21st century defined marriage as male/female.
We oppose forcing Christians to participate in same sex weddings under threat of fines and lawsuits. They are starting with Christians, your group is next.
Ah, so now we're at the crux of it - you want to be able to choose the laws you get to follow and the ones you get to ignore.

Do we all get to do that?

Location hidden

#2765 Sep 28, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Creationism is a formal thought disorder, which created your opinions about marriage Brian.

You can't fool us with your mentally ill opinions - they're worthless without proof of the god you claim is real.

Location hidden

#2766 Sep 28, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, so now we're at the crux of it - you want to be able to choose the laws you get to follow and the ones you get to ignore.
Do we all get to do that?
Religious liars lie Brian want special priviledges, because they've been infected with the mental illness of creationism, which denies other human beings dignity and freedom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 2 min Eagle 12 64
A Universe from Nothing? 41 min IB DaMann 100
News Atheism Destroyed with One Scientific Question 49 min IB DaMann 7
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 52 min IB DaMann 16,406
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 256,125
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr IB DaMann 40,836
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Eagle 12 20,625
More from around the web