Atheism and homosexuality

Dec 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Conservapedia

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Comments
2,621 - 2,640 of 3,864 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I don't use insults; this is where we differ.
I use insults because you are a bigoted asshole. That's where we differ.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The government has no business in the ersatz sex equality business; this is where we differ.
Actually, the government is in the equality business. That's their job.
You are against equal protection under the law. That's where we differ.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I oppose hate crimes that turn victims into political forces instead of people.
You are stupid, and don't understand hate crime legislation. That's were we differ.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Gays have equal protection now; gays have always married under current law. Oscar Wilde and Meredith Baxter are two examples.
I'm not talking about gays, stupid. I'm talking about men and women. Oscar would have been able to marry a woman, Meredith would have been. Not equal.
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage is about rewriting marriage law for everyone, then suing everyone who won't go along.
Boo hoo.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
When you say "Gays have always married under current law" you need to check your source. For in most/all of the USA it was illegal for same sex marriage and stayed that way up until only the last several(4-5) years.
1973 January 1: Maryland becomes the first state in the US to statutorily ban same-sex marriage. In the following two decades, other states joined Maryland in statutorily banning same-sex marriage, reaching almost the totality of US states by 1994.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_same...
What Brian means is that a gay man can marry a woman just like a straight man can.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

I know "replaytime" posts irrational ad homs.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't make the post above anything but irrational ad hominem.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Judged:

Many suicide bombers are also scared of insults.

Why do mere words bother you?
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I don't use insults; this is where we differ.
<quoted text>The government has no business in the ersatz sex equality business; this is where we differ.
<quoted text>I oppose hate crimes that turn victims into political forces instead of people.
<quoted text>Gays have equal protection now; gays have always married under current law. Oscar Wilde and Meredith Baxter are two examples.
Same sex marriage is about rewriting marriage law for everyone, then suing everyone who won't go along.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
It is real sad that all you do is dabble in religious fuckery. For you make mistakes but only point out mistakes others make. That is religious fuckery to a TEE!!!!
Nope. I point out the hypocrisy of the deeply religious-- you know-- people like **you**.

It's amusing to do so.

Your hypocrisy is showing, too-- you are so **not** fun.

You are not very funny either.

But that's your religious fuckery for you-- it has ruined what's left of that pudding you call "brains".

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Good point, recognizing the deceit many same sex marriage supporter use because they have no rational argument. That explains why they use ad hominem irrationality instead of reason.
The **only** reason you are against marriage **equality** is because you think it's "icky".

That's bigotry, bub.

You **are** just another bigot.

But you are all too common among the religious crowd, unfortunately.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. And for more reasons visit http://evilbible.com
Indeed-- a lovely website, with actual bible quotes proving how evil it really is.

“Let the games begin. . .”

Since: Jun 13

Botany Bay

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
What Brian means is that a gay man can marry a woman just like a straight man can.
Just like Rock and Phyllis Hudson did - then they were very unhappy.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Many suicide bombers are also scared of insults.
Why do mere words bother you?
An ad hominem argument is irrational. Why shouldn't irrationality bother you?

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>An ad hominem argument is irrational. Why shouldn't irrationality bother you?
It certainly doesn't bother you. You have never posted a rational argument for your position.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Actually, it's just not a valid argument at all. Which is why when I call you a cu*t, it doesn't make you any less wrong.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>An ad hominem argument is irrational. Why shouldn't irrationality bother you?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

One thing atheism and same sex marriage have in common; they are both rejected by the majority. Keeping marriage male/female is the centrist, middle of the road opinion while radically changing marriage or criminalizing homosexual behavior are the extremist radical positions.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
One thing atheism and same sex marriage have in common; they are both rejected by the majority. Keeping marriage male/female is the centrist, middle of the road opinion while radically changing marriage or criminalizing homosexual behavior are the extremist radical positions.
You have went on about gays suing. Well here is were a pastor is fired for participating in a same sex marriage.

I guess the crap lays on both side of the fence huh?

Pennsylvania pastor fired for marrying same-sex couple

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/09/24/pennsyl...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
You are making a major mistake in conflating minority stances with extremism. For instance, there is nothing inherently extremist in either atheism or say, Jainism. However both are comparatively minority stances worldwide. On the other hand Islam and Christianity are the two most popular religions in the world. However in both of these there are radical extremists who wish to suppress the rights of other groups they oppose for philosophical or theological reasons. As a theist in opposition to a democratic republic in which you live whose Constitution guarantees rights and freedom for all, this places you in the extremist category along with your fellow fundamentalist theists.

Just because the Divine Right of Kings was the prevailing view for millenia doesn't mean it wasn't the extremist position.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Paid to post??? Brian G may be a bigot or a closet homosexual but saying someone is paid to post on topix is just plain idiotic and maybe slightly paranoid. Where do we sign up at?? I will say what the highest payer wants me to! LOL
Actually I've heard that from people other than Skippy. Creationists aren't paid to post, they love to preach. We did get wind of a fundie school who was offering bonus points to creationist students for defeating us evolutionists (haw haw) on here though.

In Brian's case it was mentioned that he was a political party hack, so sounds like somebody got wind of who he was and/or who he works for, which is why he's particularly cagey about the subject. Not something I care about, I ain't gonna throw his email or phone number up here or anything, but I'd certainly poke fun at his exposed bias. He certainly does have all the characteristics of a far-right politician.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
You're lying again Bri. It's a good idea not to repeat arguments, especially when they've been debunked on the very same thread. But you fundies can't help but trip yourselves up.(shrug)
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Looks like you're talking sh!t, Granddad. Old news.

Read this:

http://rationalist.org.uk/articles/4200/poll-...
Brian_G wrote:
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
...rejected by the majority. Keeping marriage male/female is the centrist, middle of the road opinion while radically changing marriage or criminalizing homosexual behavior are the extremist radical positions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_opinion_o...
A July 10-14 poll by Gallup found support for gay marriage at 54%, a record high, and double the support of 27% Gallup first measured when the question was asked in 1996.

A July poll by USA Today found that 55% of Americans supported gay marriage while 40% did not.

A May 9 Washington Post-ABC News poll found that 55% of Americans supported gay marriage while 40% did not.

A March 2024 CBS News Poll found that 53% of Americans supported same-sex marriage, 39% opposed it, and 8% were undecided.[16] The same poll also found that 33% of Americans who thought same-sex couples should be allowed to legally marry said they once held the opposite view and had changed their opinion.

A March 710 Washington Post-ABC News poll found that 58% of Americans support same-sex marriage while 36% opposed. The poll indicated that 52% of GOP-leaning independents under 50 years old supported gay marriage
Unquote.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
One thing atheism and same sex marriage have in common; they are both rejected by the majority.
Keeping marriage male/female is the centrist, middle of the road opinion while radically changing marriage or criminalizing homosexual behavior are the extremist radical positions.
So what, bitch? You are appealing to popularity. A logical fallacy.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
Not only are you WRONG

"By an unprecedented 55%-40%, Americans say marriages between same-sex couples should be recognized by law as valid, with the same rights of traditional marriage. That's the highest level of support since Gallup began asking the question in 1996. Then, fewer than half that number, 27%, backed the idea."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2...

....even if you were RIGHT about the 'MAJORITY', you'd still be wrong, in that protects the minority position among the populous.

YOU have not shown that same-sex marriage should be deemed illegal, so according to the Constitution, there should be no law prohibiting same-sex marriage.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 20 min Buck Crick 224,561
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 23 min Buck Crick 26
Our world came from nothing? 26 min Buck Crick 254
Atheists on the march in America (Aug '09) 1 hr CunningLinguist 70,960
Introducing The Universal Religion 2 hr Patrick 737
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 2 hr Patrick 397
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr fadu singh 21,406
•••
•••