Atheism and homosexuality

There are 20 comments on the Dec 5, 2011, Conservapedia story titled Atheism and homosexuality. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#2583 Sep 19, 2013
When Christian wedding vendors refuse to participate in same sex marriage, they are the sacrifices to the left's god of Equality. That's how these PC laws take away individual freedom. Where's the tolerance for Christianity?

Same sex marriage is bad because its supporters sue Christians.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#2584 Sep 19, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
When Christian wedding vendors refuse to participate in same sex marriage, they are the sacrifices to the left's god of Equality. That's how these PC laws take away individual freedom. Where's the tolerance for Christianity?
When you break the law, you should expect to face legal ramifications.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2586 Sep 19, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
More persecution points for you then !!!

Marvelous things will happen.

Jesus is coming to save the day !!!!

Right? Jesus?

Jesus?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2587 Sep 19, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
They should be able to display their inner Jesus (hate) without persecution, then?

Sure, bub, sure.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#2588 Sep 19, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Brian, should homosexual cake decorators or flower arrangers be able to deny service for traditional weddings?

Should a Catholic Florist be able to deny service for an Islamic ceremony?

Do you see how idiotic your argument is?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#2589 Sep 19, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
When you break the law, you should expect to face legal ramifications.
Immoral laws must be broken, that's the duty of every citizen. It's wrong to force Christians to participate in same sex weddings. Have a little respect for your neighbors.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#2590 Sep 19, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
They should be able to display their inner Jesus (hate) without persecution, then? Sure, bub, sure.
How is refusing to attend a same sex wedding more hateful than suing your Christian neighbors and our states? We see who the antagonists are, they won't bother to find a vendor that want your custom.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#2591 Sep 19, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Immoral laws must be broken, that's the duty of every citizen. It's wrong to force Christians to participate in same sex weddings. Have a little respect for your neighbors.
No, it's 'wrong' for business people CHOOSE that line of work, and who are REQUIRED BY LAW to serve THE PUBLIC treat same-sex couples as second-class citizens. They cannot legally pick-and-choose who they can serve.

Yes. Have a little respect for your neighbors -- no matter WHAT their sexual identity.

So don't whine like a little bitch when your Christian buddies that own the florist shop/bakery/etc. get sued for breaking the law.

Besides, you guys secretly enjoy being the 'martyr' for your faith, dontchya?

“If It Is Possible”

Since: Mar 13

It Will Likely Happen

#2592 Sep 19, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Immoral laws must be broken, that's the duty of every citizen. It's wrong to force Christians to participate in same sex weddings. Have a little respect for your neighbors.
They had a choice of "pricing it high" or saying "sorry we are busy that day or to busy to accommodate you" to get out of it but they said "oh your gay, sorry we can't/won't do that for you because you are gay". Now pricing something high could be considered price gouging so again it might fall back on only doing it to gays. So the next choice would be "sorry we are busy that day or to busy to accommodate you" and all is done, no obligations. But when you say that I won't do that for you because you are gay, well you just stuck your own dang foot in your mouth and will pay for your actions. It is discrimination no matter how you look at it.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2593 Sep 19, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>How is refusing to attend a same sex wedding more hateful than suing your Christian neighbors and our states? We see who the antagonists are, they won't bother to find a vendor that want your custom.
It is bigotry. Period.

Suing? That is simply **enforcing** the law--which prohibits bigotry.

This really isn't hard.

But your inner Jesus keeps your bigotry strong, I guess.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2594 Sep 19, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
They had a choice of "pricing it high" or saying "sorry we are busy that day or to busy to accommodate you" to get out of it but they said "oh your gay, sorry we can't/won't do that for you because you are gay". Now pricing something high could be considered price gouging so again it might fall back on only doing it to gays. So the next choice would be "sorry we are busy that day or to busy to accommodate you" and all is done, no obligations. But when you say that I won't do that for you because you are gay, well you just stuck your own dang foot in your mouth and will pay for your actions. It is discrimination no matter how you look at it.
Yep. It's really easy to avoid specific customers, if one uses one's head.

But these bigots **had** to make a **statement**.

They **had** to deliberately be insulting, and display their bigotry for all to see.

How very Jesus of them, it was too.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#2595 Sep 19, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Immoral laws must be broken, that's the duty of every citizen.
Like laws that prevent freedom of equality, like the anti-Constitutional stuff that YOU promote.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#2596 Sep 19, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^I'm not interested in S.'s creationist opinions. Try selling that bull to someone who cares.
Actually (amazingly) in this case Skippy the Skeptic is correct.

You SHOULD care about creationist opinions. You NEED theocracy in order to accomplish your goals.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#2597 Sep 20, 2013
Culture works as well as religion; male/female marriage is a universal cultural constant. Please explain how everyone who doesn't support the radical redefinition of marriage is a bigot. Please list all valid reasons for keeping or changing marriage law.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2598 Sep 20, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Culture works as well as religion; male/female marriage is a universal cultural constant. Please explain how everyone who doesn't support the radical redefinition of marriage is a bigot. Please list all valid reasons for keeping or changing marriage law.
I called the FLDS. I haven't received a return call yet.

Can you answer for them?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#2599 Sep 20, 2013
No
Thinking

UK

#2600 Sep 20, 2013
Thalidomide had dreadful side effects - but it does cure leprosy.
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I called the FLDS. I haven't received a return call yet.
Can you answer for them?

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#2601 Sep 20, 2013
"The radical redefinition of marriage" = Hyperbole with an agenda.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#2602 Sep 20, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Have you heard about the Christian florist, baker and photographer who were all sued because they refused to serve at a same sex wedding? That's why marriage should remain male/female; tolerance.
Are there other groups that you think it should be legal to discriminate against...or just homosexuals?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#2603 Sep 20, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Culture works as well as religion; male/female marriage is a universal cultural constant.
You're lying again since it's not even a Terran cultural constant.
Brian_G wrote:
Please explain how everyone who doesn't support the radical redefinition of marriage is a bigot. Please list all valid reasons for keeping or changing marriage law.
Your personal cultural traditions are irrelevant. It doesn't matter if you don't wanna marry a bloke, you're not allowed to suppress the freedom of others from being allowed to do so. This is due to a significant cultural change which occurred centuries before you were born, known as the US Constitution. You have two options:

1 - Install a theocracy via military force.

2 - Move elsewhere to another theocracy. Might I suggest Iran?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Confessions of a black atheist 18 min audy17 393
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 21 min karvimaker 9,313
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 238,006
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 8 hr thetruth 2,059
The Ultimate Evidence of God (Mar '14) 8 hr thetruth 165
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 8 hr thetruth 7,406
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 8 hr James 14,604
More from around the web