Atheism and homosexuality

Atheism and homosexuality

There are 3861 comments on the Conservapedia story from Dec 5, 2011, titled Atheism and homosexuality. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Thinking

UK

#2563 Sep 17, 2013
If Brian doesn't want a gay marriage, he shouldn't have one.

He does realise it's not compulsory, doesn't he?
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose's Law: "Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children."
I feel Brian's hurt and anger and reject his untruths; he's divorced, someone I trust more than I do him said so.
Gay marriage provides all persons within a state's jurisdiction equal protection under the law, as promised by the Constitution.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#2564 Sep 17, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>"Equal protection" not gender equality, men and women are equal before the law,
Not true, stupid. A man can legally do something a woman can't, marry a woman. And a woman can do something a man can't, marry a man. Why are you against equal protection?
Brian_G wrote:
not equal to each other. Equal protection, not the special right to rewrite marriage law for everyone, sue Christians who refuse to participate in same sex marriage and sue states that don't want taxpayer entitlements for a new class of same sex dependent beneficiaries.
You aren't even making any sense. The current laws violate equal protection, so they should be rewritten.
And why do you homophoes say "taxpayer" as if gay people don't pay taxes?
World Travler

Surry Hills, Australia

#2565 Sep 17, 2013
If you crave the same sex then you are not of the lord Jesus Christ.

North Hollywood, CA

#2566 Sep 17, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Sticks and stones...
Sing "Renegade" and "Satisfaction".
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>And if you forthrightly disclose you are opposed to same sex marriage and won't provide services, you will be sued.
Then provide services.
Brian_G wrote:
Never mind that these vendors had provided services to homosexuals before, just not same sex wedding ceremonies. They violate religious premises, not homosexuals. There's nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality, the problem is changing marriage so gender integration and perfect diversity become unimportant.
Face it, your "gender integration" argument is silly.
Your parents didn't give a shit about that, or you, they broke up.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I defend even irrational name-callers like lides, I oppose same sex marriage.
Because you are a homophobe.

North Hollywood, CA

#2567 Sep 17, 2013
Thinking wrote:
If Brian doesn't want a gay marriage, he shouldn't have one.
He does realise it's not compulsory, doesn't he?
<quoted text>
He doesn't seem to.
Thinking

UK

#2568 Sep 17, 2013
I have talked to several couples in their seventies and eighties that have had a long think about gay marriage.

They just can't see why anyone would see the need to object.
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't seem to.

North Hollywood, CA

#2569 Sep 17, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I have talked to several couples in their seventies and eighties that have had a long think about gay marriage.
They just can't see why anyone would see the need to object.
<quoted text>
Some people act like "gay rays" are going to emanate from gay couples and harm their marriages.
Thinking

UK

#2570 Sep 17, 2013
I got married to a lovely lady. I don't think we'll ever split, but it we do, it won't be down to same sex marriage.
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people act like "gay rays" are going to emanate from gay couples and harm their marriages.
Cong

Surry Hills, Australia

#2571 Sep 17, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I got married to a lovely lady. I don't think we'll ever split, but it we do, it won't be down to same sex marriage.
<quoted text>
What? Why are you here?

North Hollywood, CA

#2572 Sep 17, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. Makes sense!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#2573 Sep 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
If Brian doesn't want a gay marriage, he shouldn't have one. He does realise it's not compulsory, doesn't he?
Have you heard about the Christian florist, baker and photographer who were all sued because they refused to serve at a same sex wedding? That's why marriage should remain male/female; tolerance.
Thinking

UK

#2574 Sep 18, 2013
No.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Have you heard about the Christian florist, baker and photographer who were all sued because they refused to serve at a same sex wedding? That's why marriage should remain male/female; tolerance.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#2575 Sep 18, 2013
World Travler wrote:
If you crave the same sex then you are not of the lord Jesus Christ.
Jesus? You mean that guy who surrounded himself with men, one of whom he "loved," in a very special way?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#2576 Sep 18, 2013
http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/...

Wedding vendors have been forced to participate in same-sex marriages under threat or even jail, Family Research Council president says

Let’s step away for a moment from the political implications of the U.S. Supreme Court decisions on same-sex marriage and fast-forward straight to the wedding day: What does it mean for those who make the white-tiered frosted wedding cake, arrange the bouquet tossed by the bride, or snap the "I Do" pics?

Tony Perkins, the president of the Family Research Council, said on CBS’ Face the Nation a few days after the ruling that such wedding vendors have already been "forced" to serve same-sex couples.

"We're already seeing bakers and florists and photographers forced to participate in same-sex marriages under the threat of law and in some cases even jail. I can't think of anything that's more un-American than that.... "

Host Bob Schieffer responded: "How is it that bakers and florists are being forced to participate in this? I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here."

Perkins replied: "Well, we're seeing in Washington state, Colorado, and some of the other states that have these anti-discrimination statutes that are being imposed, that when a same-sex couple comes and says,‘I want you to take pictures of my wedding,’ or ‘I want you to bake a cake.’ And they say,‘Look, my religious convictions will not allow me participate in that,’ they're literally being sued by the government, not the individuals, and they've even been adjudicated in such places as New Mexico. So we're going to see a loss of religious freedom. There is no question about it. It's already happening."....

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#2577 Sep 18, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Then, Chim concedes, same sex marriage is antidemocratic.
<quoted text>There is no gender equality right in our Constitution, no right for a court to impose its idiosyncratic view of marriage on a culture that rejects it. This is trouble, not justice. Same sex marriage is bad for homosexuals because of the suits against our neighbors.
1. Yes, Constitutions DO have the antidemocratic dimension of limiting what laws shall be ratified even if the majority wants them.

2. Have you stopped to consider that it your idiosyncratic views on marriage that you are trying to impose. The fact is, gays getting married have no discernable effect on your marriage or your rights. So WTF are you belly aching about Brian?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2578 Sep 18, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^I'm not interested in S.'s creationist opinions. Try selling that bull to someone who cares.
Shaddap creationist liar pushing your halfwit politics in the atheism forum.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#2579 Sep 18, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Sticks and stones...
You've earned every word.
Brian_G wrote:
And if you forthrightly disclose you are opposed to same sex marriage and won't provide services, you will be sued.
And?
Brian_G wrote:
Never mind that these vendors had provided services to homosexuals before, just not same sex wedding ceremonies.
Brian, they are not allowed to project their religious morals onto others any more than the state is allowed to enact Sharia law.
Brian_G wrote:
They violate religious premises, not homosexuals.
So you admit that they are, in fact, in violation of the law?
Brian_G wrote:
There's nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality, the problem is changing marriage so gender integration and perfect diversity become unimportant.
Sorry, Brian, you've yet to offer a single state interest served by restricting marriage to being between a man and a woman, which expressly forbids same sex couples to marry, which would render such a restriction constitutional, and prove that you are not a dullard.
Brian_G wrote:
I defend even irrational name-callers like lides, I oppose same sex marriage.
You are an idiot, who cannot make a rational and factually supported argument, who regularly defends those who break the laws.

One can tell a lot about a man by the company he keeps.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2580 Sep 18, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
http://www.politifact.com/flor ida/statements/2013/jul/08/ton y-perkins/wedding-vendors-have -been-forced-participate-same- /
Wedding vendors have been forced to participate in same-sex marriages under threat or even jail, Family Research Council president says
Let’s step away for a moment from the political implications of the U.S. Supreme Court decisions on same-sex marriage and fast-forward straight to the wedding day: What does it mean for those who make the white-tiered frosted wedding cake, arrange the bouquet tossed by the bride, or snap the "I Do" pics?
Tony Perkins, the president of the Family Research Council, said on CBS’ Face the Nation a few days after the ruling that such wedding vendors have already been "forced" to serve same-sex couples.
"We're already seeing bakers and florists and photographers forced to participate in same-sex marriages under the threat of law and in some cases even jail. I can't think of anything that's more un-American than that.... "
Host Bob Schieffer responded: "How is it that bakers and florists are being forced to participate in this? I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here."
Perkins replied: "Well, we're seeing in Washington state, Colorado, and some of the other states that have these anti-discrimination statutes that are being imposed, that when a same-sex couple comes and says,‘I want you to take pictures of my wedding,’ or ‘I want you to bake a cake.’ And they say,‘Look, my religious convictions will not allow me participate in that,’ they're literally being sued by the government, not the individuals, and they've even been adjudicated in such places as New Mexico. So we're going to see a loss of religious freedom. There is no question about it. It's already happening."....
All you need to do is prove your creationist god and your half witted political opinions will suddenly become fact.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2581 Sep 18, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Have you heard about the Christian florist, baker and photographer who were all sued because they refused to serve at a same sex wedding? That's why marriage should remain male/female; tolerance.
Tolerance of bigotry, you mean?

Should we permit the Volcano worshipers to sacrifice virgins to their god, now?

Why not?

You want "tolerance", right?

... meh.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2582 Sep 18, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
http://www.politifact.com/flor ida/statements/2013/jul/08/ton y-perkins/wedding-vendors-have -been-forced-participate-same- /
Good.

Time for the bigotry and oppression to end.

It would be more JESUS of you to stop being a bigot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 7 min macumazahn 11,212
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 10 min scientia potentia... 29,462
News Speaking for God 1 hr Amused 552
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 2 hr Patrick 9,576
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 2 hr Patrick 4,262
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 hr thetruth 254,917
What is of greater value for humanity: Chrisita... 6 hr thetruth 364
More from around the web