Atheism and homosexuality

Dec 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Conservapedia

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Comments
2,441 - 2,460 of 3,864 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
There is no gender equality law in the Constitution
Yes, there is, 14th Amendment. Says all persons should get equal protection. Doesn't say all persons except for women.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>So, stop espousing creationist doctrine and nobody will care. You might feel better about yourself too.
<quoted text>I'm against telling people they must radically redefine marriage to include same sex couples. I'd be just against that as against polygamy or adult incest marriage. Would you?
Learn about American culture; all written law before the 21st century defined marriage as gender diverse. That's not because all those lawmakers were bigots and homophobes but because that's good law. Don't sue Christian bakers, photographers and florists who don't want to participate in a same sex wedding; try to have some tolerance and respect for Christians too.
Law before the 21st Century also said women couldn't vote, so what? Check your calendar, idiot, it's the 21st Century. Sue Christian bakers, photographers and florists who don't want to participate in a same sex wedding. Put them out of business. If they don't want to sprinkle holy water on a gay couple, fine, but out in the business world, their bigotry shouldn't get special consideration just because it's "religious".

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>When it comes to changing the nature of marriage to force taxpayer funding for same sex dependent beneficiaries. When it comes to changing the perfect affirmative action diversity of 1:1 integration of one man and one woman marriage and changing the definition of family in law. There is an extreme difference between Texas' definition of marriage and New York's.
Same sex marriage is the extreme position, when it comes to suing your neighbors to achieve your political goals. That's why same sex marriage is antidemocratic.
You homophobes say "taxpayer" as if gay people don't pay taxes.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
Stupid, it's a non issue. Unmarried gay couples will raise kids, and some marriage ones won't. It's divorce, like your divorce, that messes up kid's lives. Our laws have made divorce easier.
I feel Rose's hurt and anger and reject her untruths; my parents divorced, I'm married and never divorced.

Same sex marriage sanctions a new standard of sex segregation in perfectly integrated traditional marriage. It redefines marriage by calling a mother or father is dispensable in family. Our laws and welfare system have made single parenthood easier, but no better for the children.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
You homophobes say "taxpayer" as if gay people don't pay taxes.
Many gays don't pay taxes, take Dolce and Gabbana for examples. Then again, they defend marriage as one man and one woman; gay people define marriage as male/female too.

Same sex marriage is the minority position. That's why courts are used to force law that citizens don't want. They sue because they don't have the votes; same sex marriage is antidemocratic.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
Yes, there is, 14th Amendment. Says all persons should get equal protection. Doesn't say all persons except for women.
"Equal protection" not gender equality, men and women are equal before the law, not equal to each other. Equal protection, not the special right to rewrite marriage law for everyone, sue Christians who refuse to participate in same sex marriage and sue states that don't want taxpayer entitlements for a new class of same sex dependent beneficiaries.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Many gays don't pay taxes, take Dolce and Gabbana for examples.
The vast majority of gays DO pay taxes. D&G are avoiding taxes in their home country of Italy. And the Italian government is taking steps to recover the owed taxes. This has no bearing on OUR (USA situation).
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Then again, they defend marriage as one man and one woman; gay people define marriage as male/female too.
D&G do not support same-sex marriage. So what? I would imagine that they STILL would not be welcome in your average rural Texas honky-tonk.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Same sex marriage is the minority position. That's why courts are used to force law that citizens don't want. They sue because they don't have the votes; same sex marriage is antidemocratic.
Incorrect.

Same-sex marriage is no longer a 'minority position'(not that the popularity of a position is a valid argument anyway):

Polls in 2013[edit source]

A July 10-14 poll by Gallup found support for gay marriage at 54%, a record high, and double the support of 27% Gallup first measured when the question was asked in 1996.[13]

A July poll by USA Today found that 55% of Americans supported gay marriage while 40% did not.[14]

A May 9 Washington Post-ABC News poll found that 55% of Americans supported gay marriage while 40% did not.[15]

A March 20–24 CBS News Poll found that 53% of Americans supported same-sex marriage, 39% opposed it, and 8% were undecided.[16] The same poll also found that 33% of Americans who thought same-sex couples should be allowed to legally marry said they once held the opposite view and had changed their opinion.

A March 7–10 Washington Post-ABC News[17] poll found that 58% of Americans support same-sex marriage while 36% opposed. The poll indicated that 52% of GOP-leaning independents under 50 years old supported gay marriage.[18]

A March Quinnipiac University poll of voters found 47% supported same-sex marriage and 43% were opposed.[19]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_opinion_o...

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Many gays don't pay taxes, take Dolce and Gabbana for examples. Then again, they defend marriage as one man and one woman; gay people define marriage as male/female too.
Same sex marriage is the minority position. That's why courts are used to force law that citizens don't want. They sue because they don't have the votes; same sex marriage is antidemocratic.
You got it. Unlimited democracy is merely mob rule.

Constitutionally limited democracy allows a set of rules to remain that maintain the rights of minority groups even if the mob does not like it. Thats why its not a pure democracy. You might whine when its about gays, but if you were a minority race you would love it. Or a minority class. What if the mob decides that property rights should not be respected?

The Courts enforce property rights that protect a very small minority from theft by the majority. The 99% do not, and should not, always prevail.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I feel Rose's hurt and anger and reject her untruths; my parents divorced, I'm married and never divorced.
Same sex marriage sanctions a new standard of sex segregation in perfectly integrated traditional marriage. It redefines marriage by calling a mother or father is dispensable in family. Our laws and welfare system have made single parenthood easier, but no better for the children.
Creationist liars trying to play politics without proving the source of their opinions.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
I want everyone to understand why not disclosing personal information is valuable on these websites. If same sex marriage supporters knew who I am, they would boycott my employer and try to get me fired. They would sue me if they could find me. They aren't good people.
My advice, play nice. Marriage isn't for everyone.
Brian, how far will you go to prove that you are an idiot?

If you do not publicly disclose that you are denying service upon the condition of sexuality, then you won't be sued. You are an imbecile, who defends the lawless.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
If you do not publicly disclose that you are denying service upon the condition of sexuality, then you won't be sued. You are an imbecile, who defends the lawless.
Hey!

That's highly insulting to ... imbeciles.

;)

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

lides wrote:
Sticks and stones...

lides wrote:
If you do not publicly disclose that you are denying service upon the condition of sexuality, then you won't be sued.
And if you forthrightly disclose you are opposed to same sex marriage and won't provide services, you will be sued. Never mind that these vendors had provided services to homosexuals before, just not same sex wedding ceremonies. They violate religious premises, not homosexuals. There's nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality, the problem is changing marriage so gender integration and perfect diversity become unimportant.

lides wrote:
You are an imbecile, who defends the lawless.
I defend even irrational name-callers like lides, I oppose same sex marriage.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Chimney1 wrote:
You got it. Unlimited democracy is merely mob rule.
Then, Chim concedes, same sex marriage is antidemocratic.

Chimney1 wrote:
Constitutionally limited democracy allows a set of rules to remain that maintain the rights of minority groups even if the mob does not like it. Thats why its not a pure democracy. You might whine when its about gays, but if you were a minority race you would love it. Or a minority class. What if the mob decides that property rights should not be respected? The Courts enforce property rights that protect a very small minority from theft by the majority. The 99% do not, and should not, always prevail.
There is no gender equality right in our Constitution, no right for a court to impose its idiosyncratic view of marriage on a culture that rejects it. This is trouble, not justice. Same sex marriage is bad for homosexuals because of the suits against our neighbors.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
There is no gender equality law in the Constitution
In which case STOP WITH WOMEN VOTES!
Brian_G wrote:
and no right for the federal government to enforce a form of marriage unrecognized by the state.
Sure there is. It's called the US Constitution.
Brian_G wrote:
But that's exactly what the administration is doing now in Texas and many other states:
Lambda Legal threatens lawsuit against Texas National Guard for blocking same-sex couples’ federal marriage benefits
<quoted text>
http://equalityontrial.com/2013/09/16/lambda-...
Down with same sex marriage; fascism begins at home.
You mean they threatened to sue those who violated their Constitutional rights?!? OMG!!!

:-O

Facism = fighting for your Constitutional rights. DOWN WITH CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>So, stop espousing creationist doctrine and nobody will care. You might feel better about yourself too.
<quoted text>I'm against telling people they must radically redefine marriage to include same sex couples. I'd be just against that as against polygamy or adult incest marriage. Would you?
Learn about American culture; all written law before the 21st century defined marriage as gender diverse. That's not because all those lawmakers were bigots and homophobes but because that's good law. Don't sue Christian bakers, photographers and florists who don't want to participate in a same sex wedding; try to have some tolerance and respect for Christians too.
And the KKK! Don't forget to respect them too!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>When it comes to changing the nature of marriage to force taxpayer funding for same sex dependent beneficiaries. When it comes to changing the perfect affirmative action diversity of 1:1 integration of one man and one woman marriage and changing the definition of family in law. There is an extreme difference between Texas' definition of marriage and New York's.
Same sex marriage is the extreme position, when it comes to suing your neighbors to achieve your political goals. That's why same sex marriage is antidemocratic.
Actually you've been arguing AGAINST people having the choice to engage in a consented marriage to whomever they choose, AND against allowing them to take anyone to court for denying them their Constitutional rights.

According to you, this is "anti-democratic".
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I feel Rose's hurt and anger and reject her untruths; my parents divorced, I'm married and never divorced.
Same sex marriage sanctions a new standard of sex segregation in perfectly integrated traditional marriage. It redefines marriage by calling a mother or father is dispensable in family.
You're lying again, since I've already pointed out why it has no effect on this in the slightest.
Brian_G wrote:
Our laws and welfare system have made single parenthood easier, but no better for the children.
Stupid single parents shouldn't be single anyway! They should be forced to get married!

>:-(
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Many gays don't pay taxes, take Dolce and Gabbana for examples.
Who the feck are they again?

(shrug)
Brian_G wrote:
Hinduism is the minority position! How dare they prevent the Christian majority preach in public schools! They sue cuz they don't have the votes! Religious freedom is anti-democratic!!!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>"Equal protection" not gender equality, men and women are equal before the law, not equal to each other. Equal protection, not the special right to rewrite marriage law for everyone, sue Christians who refuse to participate in same sex marriage and sue states that don't want taxpayer entitlements for a new class of same sex dependent beneficiaries.
I see you're obviously having trouble with basic English definitions. If equal protection applies equally to both men and women regardless of what dangly bits they have, then it also applies to gay people as well as straight.

Sorry bub, but the laws were already "rewritten" before you were born - it's called the US Consitution.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
the problem is changing marriage so gender integration and perfect diversity become unimportant.
For some people religion is unimportant. However just like gay marriage, there is no reason to rewrite any laws to protect the rights of atheists.

By the way, disallowing same sex marriage REDUCES diversity, so I guess your subjective ideas of "perfect" diversity don't matter.(shrug)
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Then, Chim concedes, same sex marriage is antidemocratic.
And Brian has already conceded that this applies equally to ANY minority group.

No go and tell all the black people that their freedom to vote is anti-democratic.

Oh wait - your party already DID try to deny them the vote.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>There is no gender equality right in our Constitution, no right for a court to impose its idiosyncratic view of marriage on a culture that rejects it. This is trouble, not justice.
Wrong, it's equality, rather than dictatorship. Culture does NOT MATTER. Cultures CONSTANTLY change, whether we like it or not. What YOU don't like is the fact that your culture changed (for what you see as worse in your opinion) before you were born when they drafted the founding documents of your country along with the Constitutional amendments.

Tough shite.(shrug)
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage is bad for homosexuals because of the suits against our neighbors.
No, actually defending their rights is good for them, and everybody else. Denying them the right to defend their rights is quite an atrocious stance for anyone living in the 21st century.

But we already know you have no shame.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
If Christianity were true... 40 min Thinking 121
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 45 min Thinking 225,513
Hollywood Actor Reveals What He Thinks Is 'Weir... 56 min Thinking 98
Richard Dawkins jumps yet another shark 58 min Thinking 30
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 3 hr NightSerf 131
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 6 hr NightSerf 285
Our world came from nothing? 7 hr nanoanomaly 352
•••
•••