Atheism and homosexuality

Atheism and homosexuality

There are 3861 comments on the Conservapedia story from Dec 5, 2011, titled Atheism and homosexuality. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2523 Sep 15, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>If the statement above is true, would you have had the same upbringing if you didn't have a mother and father but had two mothers or two fathers instead?
Every child raised by a same sex couple is raised either motherless or fatherless.
Do you have a point?

Would it be better, in your opinion, if a child was raised by one mother or two?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2524 Sep 15, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Historical nonsense personified.
<laughing>
shaddap or prove your god, that's how it works in the real world.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2525 Sep 15, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>If the statement above is true, would you have had the same upbringing if you didn't have a mother and father but had two mothers or two fathers instead?
Correct.
Brian_G wrote:
Every child raised by a same sex couple is raised either motherless or fatherless.
Lie.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#2526 Sep 15, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Historical nonsense personified.
<laughing>
Nice to see you disagree with what the bible says.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#2527 Sep 15, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>T.D. doesn't believe it's possible for a child to be "raised either motherless or fatherless"?
All have a mother and a father.
Brian_G wrote:
What do you call a child who's father or mother has left their family?
Brought up by one parent, unless another partner is brought in. But then your arguments then apply not only to same-sex marriage but also equally against divorce AND single parents. So if one is made illegal then they ALL should be, under the way your arguments work.
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage is like a motherless son.
Unless it's two women getting married. Or unless the other parent is still a part of their life, despite the parents being split up, which is quite common, ya know, out here in the REAL world. Or a same-sex married couple can choose not to have kids. In short, same sex marriage has NO bearing on single parents in any way.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#2528 Sep 15, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Would you have had the same upbringing if your mother married George instead of Fred?
Brian_G wrote:
Doesn't have to be. And even if that is the case, your argument still applies just as equally to single parenting or divorce.

Of course none of this is relevant to the fact that you're making a positive argument to illegally stifle another group's freedoms.

Give it up, traitor.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#2529 Sep 15, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe Dolce and Gabbana see themselves as second class citizens. They know they have equal protection of the law under equal standards. Same sex marriage is about rewriting marriage law for everyone so Dolce and Gabbana oppose that, just like I do.
The only bigots are the folks on the left suing Christians for refusing to participate in same sex marriage ceremonies. We're on the side of moderation, the folks proposing rewriting marriage law or outlawing homosexual behavior are the extremists.
There is nothing extreme about equal protection, you moron.

Los Angeles, CA

#2530 Sep 15, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
So what, stupid?
Would I have had the same upbringing if different people had raised me? Well, no. Even if a different male had been my father, there is more to people than their genitals. And people should have the same rights regardless of their genitals.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#2531 Sep 16, 2013
Same sex marriage supporters believe there's no difference between a mother and a father. That's why our laws keep marriage male/female.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2532 Sep 16, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage supporters believe there's no difference between a mother and a father. That's why our laws keep marriage male/female.
Creationists who are too weak dishonest nad cowardly to prove their god, try to meddle in politics.

When they have proven that they cannot grasp the real world, why should they be allowed to tell people what they can and can't do?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#2533 Sep 16, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage supporters believe there's no difference between a mother and a father.
Actually I'm sure most know the difference. Apparently you don't because I had to give you a basic lesson in biology.
Brian_G wrote:
That's why our laws keep marriage male/female.
No they don't, as they don't trump the Constitution. Once you overthrow the government and install a theocratic dictatorship then you can trample on everyone's freedoms and make gay marriage illegal just to appease your ignorant hick voters.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#2534 Sep 16, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Brian, statements like this make you appear to be less than an idiot.

Why do you oppose equality under the law? Because, if this is the reason, you have no valid reason.

Grow up.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#2535 Sep 16, 2013
There is no gender equality law in the Constitution and no right for the federal government to enforce a form of marriage unrecognized by the state. But that's exactly what the administration is doing now in Texas and many other states:

Lambda Legal threatens lawsuit against Texas National Guard for blocking same-sex couples’ federal marriage benefits
Lambda Legal, a national LGBT legal advocacy group, has written a letter threatening a lawsuit against the Texas National Guard, which has so far refused to process same-sex couples’ benefits requests, despite an order from Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel mandating that the military treat all marriages the same. In its decision, the Texas National Guard–also known as the Texas Military Forces–could not recognize same-sex marriages between of the Texas Constitution’s provisions against marriage equality.
http://equalityontrial.com/2013/09/16/lambda-...

Down with same sex marriage; fascism begins at home.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#2536 Sep 16, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Creationists who are too weak dishonest nad cowardly to prove their god, try to meddle in politics.
So, stop espousing creationist doctrine and nobody will care. You might feel better about yourself too.

-Skeptic- wrote:
When they have proven that they cannot grasp the real world, why should they be allowed to tell people what they can and can't do?
I'm against telling people they must radically redefine marriage to include same sex couples. I'd be just against that as against polygamy or adult incest marriage. Would you?

Learn about American culture; all written law before the 21st century defined marriage as gender diverse. That's not because all those lawmakers were bigots and homophobes but because that's good law. Don't sue Christian bakers, photographers and florists who don't want to participate in a same sex wedding; try to have some tolerance and respect for Christians too.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#2537 Sep 16, 2013
I want everyone to understand why not disclosing personal information is valuable on these websites. If same sex marriage supporters knew who I am, they would boycott my employer and try to get me fired. They would sue me if they could find me. They aren't good people.

My advice, play nice. Marriage isn't for everyone.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#2538 Sep 16, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
There is nothing extreme about equal protection, you moron.
When it comes to changing the nature of marriage to force taxpayer funding for same sex dependent beneficiaries. When it comes to changing the perfect affirmative action diversity of 1:1 integration of one man and one woman marriage and changing the definition of family in law. There is an extreme difference between Texas' definition of marriage and New York's.

Same sex marriage is the extreme position, when it comes to suing your neighbors to achieve your political goals. That's why same sex marriage is antidemocratic.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#2539 Sep 16, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
I want everyone to understand why not disclosing personal information is valuable on these websites. If same sex marriage supporters knew who I am, they would boycott my employer and try to get me fired. They would sue me if they could find me. They aren't good people.
Paranoid much?
Brian_G wrote:
My advice, play nice. Marriage isn't for everyone.
My advice:

Don't give advice.

You're not one to give it.

Panorama City, CA

#2540 Sep 16, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Stupid, it's a non issue. Unmarried gay couples will raise kids, and some marriage ones won't.
It's divorce, like your divorce, that messes up kid's lives.
Our laws have made divorce easier.

Panorama City, CA

#2541 Sep 16, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
There is no gender equality law in the Constitution
Yes, there is, 14th Amendment. Says all persons should get equal protection. Doesn't say all persons except for women.

Panorama City, CA

#2542 Sep 16, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>So, stop espousing creationist doctrine and nobody will care. You might feel better about yourself too.
<quoted text>I'm against telling people they must radically redefine marriage to include same sex couples. I'd be just against that as against polygamy or adult incest marriage. Would you?
Learn about American culture; all written law before the 21st century defined marriage as gender diverse. That's not because all those lawmakers were bigots and homophobes but because that's good law. Don't sue Christian bakers, photographers and florists who don't want to participate in a same sex wedding; try to have some tolerance and respect for Christians too.
Law before the 21st Century also said women couldn't vote, so what? Check your calendar, idiot, it's the 21st Century. Sue Christian bakers, photographers and florists who don't want to participate in a same sex wedding. Put them out of business. If they don't want to sprinkle holy water on a gay couple, fine, but out in the business world, their bigotry shouldn't get special consideration just because it's "religious".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 17 min Eagle 12 - 79,955
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) 31 min blacklagoon 3 62
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Wed Eagle 12 - 32,581
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Wed The pope 258,485
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) Sep 16 blacklagoon 3 91
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Sep 15 xfrodobagginsx 101
News Atheist billboards to mock Romney, Obama faith (Aug '12) Sep 15 superwilly 47
More from around the web