Atheism and homosexuality

Atheism and homosexuality

There are 3861 comments on the Conservapedia story from Dec 5, 2011, titled Atheism and homosexuality. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

“From a distance...”

Since: Apr 08

Planet Earth

#2481 Sep 8, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The left had an advantage in Obama's election; they knew he was lying. The rest of us relied on what he said:
http://www.clipsandcomment.com/2008/08/17/ful...
WARREN: There’s a lot more I’d like to ask on that. We have 15 other questions here. Define marriage.
OBAMA: I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian — for me — for me as a Christian, it is also a sacred union. God’s in the mix. But –
WARREN: Would you support a Constitutional Amendment with that definition?
OBAMA: No, I would not.
WARREN: Why not?
OBAMA: Because historically — because historically, we have not defined marriage in our constitution. It’s been a matter of state law. That has been our tradition. I mean, let’s break it down. The reason that people think there needs to be a constitutional amendment, some people believe, is because of the concern that — about same-sex marriage. I am not somebody who promotes same-sex marriage, but I do believe in civil unions. I do believe that we should not — that for gay partners to want to visit each other in the hospital for the state to say, you know what, that’s all right, I don’t think in any way inhibits my core beliefs about what marriage are. I think my faith is strong enough and my marriage is strong enough that I can afford those civil rights to others, even if I have a different perspective or different view.
The fact Obama didn't support a constitutional amendment to define marriage as opposite sex couples should have been your first clue. And then there's a the little problem of the states that have not only banned same sex marriage but civil unions and domestic partnerships as well (including the state of Kentucky which you pretend to be a resident of). So that conflicts with even the position Obama stated above. The simplest way to address this institutional discrimination is just to remove the restriction barring same sex marriage rather than amending thousands of laws to recognize civil unions and domestic partnerships to create separate institutions that purport to be "equal". That was tried and failed once already in our history.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2482 Sep 8, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The left had an advantage in Obama's election; they knew he was lying. The rest of us relied on what he said:
http://www.clipsandcomment.com/2008/08/17/ful...
WARREN: There’s a lot more I’d like to ask on that. We have 15 other questions here. Define marriage.
OBAMA: I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian — for me — for me as a Christian, it is also a sacred union. God’s in the mix. But –
WARREN: Would you support a Constitutional Amendment with that definition?
OBAMA: No, I would not.
WARREN: Why not?
OBAMA: Because historically — because historically, we have not defined marriage in our constitution. It’s been a matter of state law. That has been our tradition. I mean, let’s break it down. The reason that people think there needs to be a constitutional amendment, some people believe, is because of the concern that — about same-sex marriage. I am not somebody who promotes same-sex marriage, but I do believe in civil unions. I do believe that we should not — that for gay partners to want to visit each other in the hospital for the state to say, you know what, that’s all right, I don’t think in any way inhibits my core beliefs about what marriage are. I think my faith is strong enough and my marriage is strong enough that I can afford those civil rights to others, even if I have a different perspective or different view.
Creationist troll, lying about not being one.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#2483 Sep 9, 2013
So now in California, we have same sex prison marriage:

Calif. Clears Same-Sex Weddings For Prison Inmates
September 3, 2013 4:38 PM

ACRAMENTO (AP)— California prison officials have confirmed that inmates can get married to someone of the same sex under certain conditions.

Michael Stainer, director of the adult institutions division for the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, issued a memo on Friday stating that the U.S. Supreme Court decision that made same-sex marriages legal again in the state in June also applies to prisoners.

But Stainer says gay or bisexual inmates will only be allowed to marry same-sex partners who are not incarcerated and only during prison ceremonies. He says marriages between two prisoners would raise too many security concerns....
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/09/03/cal...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#2484 Sep 9, 2013
Ah, shaddap Brian.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#2485 Sep 9, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting and powerful points.
As you know I disagree that God can't exist but I liked how you said, "First, let's define god and/or look at his attributes. If we don't or just say something like 'you can't define god', or 'god is all there is', there is nothing to debate."
Hugs. Have missed you.
Proverbs 6:19 ("A false witness...is he that soweth discord among brethren")

versus

Gen. 11:7 in which God says, "...let us go down and confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech."

God is a false witness. That is what the Bible teaches.

“It is what it is”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#2486 Sep 9, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
Brian was does the bible say about judging/condemning others?

Matthew 7:1 - "Do not judge, or you too will be judged.

Romans 2:1 - You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.

When you condemn or judge others, you are seen to be bad like the ones you judge. You keep talking about what the bible says, maybe you need to learn to follow what it says.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#2487 Sep 10, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Brian was does the bible say about judging/condemning others? Matthew 7:1 - "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. Romans 2:1 - You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.
When you condemn or judge others, you are seen to be bad like the ones you judge. You keep talking about what the bible says, maybe you need to learn to follow what it says.
I don't use biblical arguments for same sex marriage; replaytime does. This is where we differ.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#2488 Sep 10, 2013
BTW, I've never condemned or judged others; I've always written there is nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality. You don't see many same sex marriage supporters writing that because their political goals are more important than simple human decency.

Have you heard about the Christian florist, photographer and baker sued because they refused to participate in same sex weddings?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#2489 Sep 10, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I don't use biblical arguments for same sex marriage; replaytime does. This is where we differ.
Actually I bet you your house that you've done that at least once.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#2490 Sep 10, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
BTW, I've never condemned or judged others; I've always written there is nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality. You don't see many same sex marriage supporters writing that because their political goals are more important than simple human decency.
Have you heard about the Christian florist, photographer and baker sued because they refused to participate in same sex weddings?
Have you heard about the Christian florist, photographer and baker sued because they refused to participate in black weddings?

Brian, since you're arguing AGAINST freedom and the US Constitution, why do you hate America so much?

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#2491 Sep 10, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
BTW, I've never condemned or judged others;
Actually, you have constantly condemned and judged others.
Brian_G wrote:
I've always written there is nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality.
Then, you proceed to argue against equal protection of the law for homosexuals. Which is it Brian? Is there nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality, or are they less deserving of equal protection of the law? You seem quite bipolar on this topic.
Brian_G wrote:
You don't see many same sex marriage supporters writing that because their political goals are more important than simple human decency.
Simple human decency requires equal treatment under the law.
Brian_G wrote:
Have you noticed that each broke the law in the jurisdiction in which they ply their trade, and none have been denied religious freedom? When last I checked, they were all still practicing Christians. The same would be true if they supplied flowers, baked a cake, or shot photos for a same sex wedding.

In short, dimwit, they are bigots. Just like you.

Since: Aug 07

Hollywood, FL

#2492 Sep 10, 2013
Who cares?(shrug)

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#2494 Sep 10, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^This is untrue. Do you know why mixed race couples never sued wedding service providers but same sex couples do?
Because it wasn't illegal then for a business to discriminate against a mixed race couple.

The question is why you are so adamant about defending criminal behavior?

If a Jew refused to serve a Christian you'd be on here screaming religious discrimination. You would NOT be defending the Jew.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#2495 Sep 10, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Yes we have, dozens of times. They are claiming their religion allows them to practice religious discrimination.

Sort of like a pedophile claiming their rights are being violated when they are prosecuted for raping a child.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#2496 Sep 10, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
I gotta hand it to the anti gays. Using religion to practice religious discrimination and then claim that laws against using religion to practice discrimination violates ones religion! While they themselves violate their own religion by disobeying civil laws and their own religious principles!

What does the Bible say about Obeying Authority?

Hebrews 13:17 ESV

Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you.

And Romans?(they LOVE to quote Romans when gays are involved)

What does Romans say about these "Christians"?

Romans 13:1-5 ESV

Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.

Romans 13:8-10 ESV

Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments,“You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and any other commandment, are summed up in this word:“You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

And we also have:

Titus 3:1 ESV

Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work,

Hebrews 13:1-25 ESV

Let brotherly love continue. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body. Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous. Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said,“I will never leave you nor forsake you.”...

James 2:10 ESV

For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it.

1 Peter 2:13-15 ESV

Be subject for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people.

What a joke! They ignore the teachings of their professed religion to break the law and you defend them!

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#2497 Sep 11, 2013
DNF wrote:
Because it wasn't illegal then for a business to discriminate against a mixed race couple. The question is why you are so adamant about defending criminal behavior? If a Jew refused to serve a Christian you'd be on here screaming religious discrimination. You would NOT be defending the Jew.
I'd defend a Jewish or black photographer who refused to participate in a Nazi rally or a KKK event. I'm against forcing people to violate their religious principles.

Obama Judge: Hijab Ban Violates Muslim Civil Rights
September 10, 2013

An Obama-appointed federal judge has handed the administration a major victory, ruling that a Muslim woman’s civil rights were violated by an American clothing retailer that didn’t allow her to wear a head scarf as required by her religion.

The lawsuit was filed by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the federal agency that enforces the nation’s workplace discrimination laws. In 2011 the agency sued the retail giant, Abercrombie & Fitch, accusing it of religious discrimination for firing 19-year-old Umme-Hani Khan for wearing a hijab at a northern California store. The company, which focuses on hip casual wear for consumers aged 18 to 22, has a policy against head covers of any kind for its employees....
http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2013/09/oba...

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#2498 Sep 11, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'd defend a Jewish or black photographer who refused to participate in a Nazi rally or a KKK event. I'm against forcing people to violate their religious principles.
Obama Judge: Hijab Ban Violates Muslim Civil Rights
September 10, 2013
An Obama-appointed federal judge has handed the administration a major victory, ruling that a Muslim woman’s civil rights were violated by an American clothing retailer that didn’t allow her to wear a head scarf as required by her religion.
The lawsuit was filed by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the federal agency that enforces the nation’s workplace discrimination laws. In 2011 the agency sued the retail giant, Abercrombie & Fitch, accusing it of religious discrimination for firing 19-year-old Umme-Hani Khan for wearing a hijab at a northern California store. The company, which focuses on hip casual wear for consumers aged 18 to 22, has a policy against head covers of any kind for its employees....
http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2013/09/oba...
Especially when they can pick and choose which religious principles best serve them at any given moment.

Yes you've made it quite clear that if someone says it's their religion you'll back them up. Of course that's only if it's a religion you approve of.

It's strange that you claim to stand by religious principles in these cases yet you condemn Islamic suicide bombers but will defend other religious criminals.

Very convenient and inconsistent kiddo.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#2499 Sep 12, 2013
The principle of freedom from being compelled to participate in a same sex wedding ceremony is the same for a Christian photographer as it would be for a liberal who refused to participate in a conservative political event.

Same sex marriage is anti-freedom.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#2500 Sep 12, 2013
The principle of freedom from being compelled to participate in a same sex wedding ceremony is the same for a Christian photographer as it would be for a white person who refused to participate in a mixed wedding.

Mixed race marriage is anti-freedom.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#2501 Sep 12, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
The principle of freedom from being compelled to participate in a same sex wedding ceremony is the same for a Christian photographer as it would be for a liberal who refused to participate in a conservative political event.
Same sex marriage is anti-freedom.
Providing a service is not participation.

Don't want to provide the service, don't open the business. You are an imbecile, and a bigoted one at that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min Aura Mytha 78,705
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 4 hr Regolith Based Li... 32,454
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 15 hr Science 1,410
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... Aug 12 Eagle 12 - 1,152
what science will NEVER be able to prove Aug 11 Eagle 12 - 5
News What Ever Happened to the New Atheists?by Ellio... Aug 7 nanoanomaly 1
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) Aug 5 yehoshooah adam 4,381
More from around the web