Atheism and homosexuality

Atheism and homosexuality

There are 3861 comments on the Conservapedia story from Dec 5, 2011, titled Atheism and homosexuality. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#2459 Sep 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>If you don't want to be sued, keep marriage male/female.
That makes absolutely no sense you fundie moron. People are suing to get gay marriage recognized.

Santa Monica, CA

#2461 Sep 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
This is like the Justice of the Peace in Pennsylvania who issued same sex wedding licenses when the state's law defines marriage as one man and one woman.
Same sex marriage is like suing Christians who refuse to participate in a same sex wedding.

Loving v Virginia is US Supreme Court precedent for male/female marriage.
Mixed race marriage is like suing Christians who refuse to participate in a mixed race wedding. After all, the ONLY argument made against mixed race marriage in the Loving v VA text was:
"Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And, but for the interference with his arrangement, there would be no cause for such marriage. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix."

Santa Monica, CA

#2462 Sep 6, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
He must.
He is a Person Of Faith...
... which, by definition, is the belief in things for which there is no evidence ...
... or to put it bluntly as Kate Smurthwaite did?
An idiot.
:)
To be blunt.:)

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2464 Sep 6, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
To be blunt.:)
In case you missed out?

Ms Smurthwaite's 15 minutes is chronicled in this YouTube:

The short version: " http://youtu.be/rpK3NTygnNw" ;

The full monty-- which puts her comment in perspective:

" http://youtu.be/Xsj1UWol7l8" ;

Beautiful!

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2465 Sep 6, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Mixed race marriage is like suing Christians who refuse to participate in a mixed race wedding. After all, the ONLY argument made against mixed race marriage in the Loving v VA text was:
"Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And, but for the interference with his arrangement, there would be no cause for such marriage. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix."
oh please

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2466 Sep 6, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I retract my "oh please" I believe I misread your statement. Pardon me :)

Santa Monica, CA

#2467 Sep 6, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
In case you missed out?
Ms Smurthwaite's 15 minutes is chronicled in this YouTube:
The short version: " http://youtu.be/rpK3NTygnNw" ;
The full monty-- which puts her comment in perspective:
" http://youtu.be/Xsj1UWol7l8" ;
Beautiful!
Ah, perfect.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#2468 Sep 7, 2013
Terra Firma wrote:
Heterosexuals sue their neighbors too. Why do you lie, Brian?
The issue isn't homosexuality; there's nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality. In fact, many homosexuals support marriage as one man and one woman:

Dolce & Gabbana: drama that could only be fashioned in Italy
Cristina Odone talks to Dolce and Gabbana on tax evasion, why they love the Duchess of Cambridge and why they don’t believe in gay marriage...

The two men so cherish the idea of the family, had they ever thought of getting married.“What?! Never!” they answer in chorus,“I don’t believe in gay marriage.” Dolce laughs. In Catholic Italy, has their sexuality proved a problem?“No, never,” says Dolce.“The fashion industry is full of gays.”....

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#2469 Sep 7, 2013

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#2470 Sep 7, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The issue isn't homosexuality; there's nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality. In fact, many homosexuals support marriage as one man and one woman:
Then why do you argue for them to be held as second class citizens with less than equal protection of the law.

Your statement merely illustrates your own bigotry, Brian.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#2471 Sep 7, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The issue isn't homosexuality
Indeed, the issue is you promoting bigotry and shitting on the Constitution for the sake of getting Conservative votes.

“abstractions of thought...”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#2472 Sep 7, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The issue isn't homosexuality; there's nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality.
Then why do you advocate discrimination against and infringement of the fundamental rights of gays?
Brian_G wrote:
In fact, many homosexuals support marriage as one man and one woman:
Far more straight people support same sex marriage.
Brian_G wrote:
Dolce & Gabbana: drama that could only be fashioned in Italy.
Cristina Odone talks to Dolce and Gabbana on tax evasion, why they love the Duchess of Cambridge and why they don’t believe in gay marriage...
The two men so cherish the idea of the family, had they ever thought of getting married.“What?! Never!” they answer in chorus,“I don’t believe in gay marriage.” Dolce laughs. In Catholic Italy, has their sexuality proved a problem?“No, never,” says Dolce.“The fashion industry is full of gays.”....
The viewpoints of fashion icons aren't binding on the entire gay population nor are their personal experiences necessarily representative of the entire gay population.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#2473 Sep 8, 2013
lides wrote:
Then why do you argue for them to be held as second class citizens with less than equal protection of the law. Your statement merely illustrates your own bigotry, Brian.
I don't believe Dolce and Gabbana see themselves as second class citizens. They know they have equal protection of the law under equal standards. Same sex marriage is about rewriting marriage law for everyone so Dolce and Gabbana oppose that, just like I do.

The only bigots are the folks on the left suing Christians for refusing to participate in same sex marriage ceremonies. We're on the side of moderation, the folks proposing rewriting marriage law or outlawing homosexual behavior are the extremists.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#2474 Sep 8, 2013
The Dude wrote:
Indeed, the issue is you promoting bigotry and shitting on the Constitution for the sake of getting Conservative votes.
^^^By this standard, when Obama ran on one man and one woman marriage in 2008, he was promoting bigotry and hate. This standard claims Dolce and Gabbana are bigots for defending marriage as one man and one woman.

T.D.'s standards stink, they are based on defamation and profanity.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#2475 Sep 8, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
I don't believe Dolce and Gabbana see themselves as second class citizens. They know they have equal protection of the law under equal standards. Same sex marriage is about rewriting marriage law for everyone so Dolce and Gabbana oppose that, just like I do.
Congratulations, you have found one instance in which a celebrity agrees with you.
That has no relevance to the law or the constitution.
Brian_G wrote:
The only bigots are the folks on the left suing Christians for refusing to participate in same sex marriage ceremonies. We're on the side of moderation, the folks proposing rewriting marriage law or outlawing homosexual behavior are the extremists.
Brian, when the Christians break the law, and attempt to violate the free exercise of their customers, they deserve to be sued, and they will lose.

What do you have against free exercise of religion? Why do you think business can remove your right to free exercise in order to use their services?

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#2476 Sep 8, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^By this standard, when Obama ran on one man and one woman marriage in 2008, he was promoting bigotry and hate. This standard claims Dolce and Gabbana are bigots for defending marriage as one man and one woman.
A politician was dishonest and lied when he ran for office.

I am shocked, shocked to find a lying politician!!

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#2477 Sep 8, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^By this standard, when Obama ran on one man and one woman marriage in 2008, he was promoting bigotry and hate.
We knew Obama supported marriage equality; he had said so in the past. He had to pretend he was more conservative in order to get elected. We also knew -- some of us did anyway -- that he would "change his mind" when a significant majority of Americans came to accept same-sex marriage.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#2478 Sep 8, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^By this standard, when Obama ran on one man and one woman marriage in 2008, he was promoting bigotry and hate. This standard claims Dolce and Gabbana are bigots for defending marriage as one man and one woman.
Ain't defamation if I just say it how it is.(shrug)

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2479 Sep 8, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Ain't defamation if I just say it how it is.(shrug)
The truth is always a valid defense from charges of defamation.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#2480 Sep 8, 2013
Wolfgang E B wrote:
We knew Obama supported marriage equality; he had said so in the past. He had to pretend he was more conservative in order to get elected. We also knew -- some of us did anyway -- that he would "change his mind" when a significant majority of Americans came to accept same-sex marriage.
The left had an advantage in Obama's election; they knew he was lying. The rest of us relied on what he said:

http://www.clipsandcomment.com/2008/08/17/ful...
WARREN: There’s a lot more I’d like to ask on that. We have 15 other questions here. Define marriage.
OBAMA: I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian — for me — for me as a Christian, it is also a sacred union. God’s in the mix. But –
WARREN: Would you support a Constitutional Amendment with that definition?
OBAMA: No, I would not.
WARREN: Why not?
OBAMA: Because historically — because historically, we have not defined marriage in our constitution. It’s been a matter of state law. That has been our tradition. I mean, let’s break it down. The reason that people think there needs to be a constitutional amendment, some people believe, is because of the concern that — about same-sex marriage. I am not somebody who promotes same-sex marriage, but I do believe in civil unions. I do believe that we should not — that for gay partners to want to visit each other in the hospital for the state to say, you know what, that’s all right, I don’t think in any way inhibits my core beliefs about what marriage are. I think my faith is strong enough and my marriage is strong enough that I can afford those civil rights to others, even if I have a different perspective or different view.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 24 min Uncle Sam 239,862
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Thinking 7,634
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 hr lozzza 19,142
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 8 hr NoahLovesU 7,514
Is God a Perfect Being? 22 hr Thinking 16
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 23 hr ChristineM 2,234
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists Mon True Christian wi... 137
More from around the web