Atheism and homosexuality

Dec 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Conservapedia

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Comments (Page 116)

Showing posts 2,301 - 2,320 of3,864
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage means closed shops and unemployment:
Gresham bakery that denied same-sex wedding cake closes
GRESHAM, Ore. A Gresham bakery that refused to make a wedding cake for a same-sex couple, prompting a state investigation, shut its doors.
On Sunday, KGW stopped by Sweet Cakes by Melissa and found the bakery completely empty. All counter tops, display cases and decorations were gone.
Hanging in the window was a sign from the Oregon Family Council that read "Religious freedom is under attack in Gresham."
http://www.kgw.com/news/Gresham-bakery-that-d...
http://www.oregon.gov/boli/CRD/pages/c_crprot...

They broke the law.

Why do you defend criminals, Brian?

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
That's not what happened, they had sold to the couple before. The issue isn't orientation, far less race; the issue is compelling Christians to support same sex weddings.
I'm against it. Same sex marriage leads to business closures and increased unemployment.
You've yet to say how providing a service for a same sex wedding impacts the business owner's free exercise.

Please do so, or admit that you are an idiot without a valid argument.

Actually, in reality, every time that you post and fail to indicate the impact upon religious freedom cause by same sex marriage, you prove that you are an idiot.

Do you ever notice that you don't respond to me? Could it be that you have no valid argument to bring to the table, and that you present little more than feeble minded rhetoric?

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>That's not what happened, they had sold to the couple before. The issue isn't orientation, far less race; the issue is compelling Christians to support same sex weddings.
I'm against it. Same sex marriage leads to business closures and increased unemployment.
What do you mean that is not what happened? Those are straight from the article, one straight from one of the owners. WOW you are daft as hellll. LOL

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>That's not what happened, they had sold to the couple before. The issue isn't orientation, far less race; the issue is compelling Christians to support same sex weddings.
Would you support a business that refuses to make a cake for an inter-racial couple? Wouldn't it be right for such a business to be closed because of its bigotry?

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed-- anytime the **religious**(any brand will do--they are equally evil) get to be in charge?
Atrocity and totalitarianism thrive.
Religion has nothing to do with not wanting some guy's a-hole or dk showing in a public place, but you don't have a child to consider who doesn't deserve some stranger displaying his genitals in a belligerent manner. Kids have a much closer view than most adults which adds to the magnitude of offensive.

You have gotten too used to making excuses for pervs, Bob.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Like a Nano button?
At least I HAVE a button, Koder.

Kitteh envy does not become you.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
To be fair in the case of nudity it's become a problem only because we have become such massive prudes about it. I'm not saying everyone should all get their ghoulies out all of a sudden, just saying that if we didn't shame ourselves and just be happy like all the other animals the whole problem about humanity's self-image would disappear.
If the religious nuts hadn't got all stuck up about it thousands of years ago then perhaps we wouldn't have all these taboos about nudity and the portrayal of sexuality.
I am not a prude.

...and you cannot seriously blame clothing on the Abrahamic religions.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

PCD wrote:
<quoted text>
If I may, what he means is that the best way to avoid becoming dogmatically attached to this or that belief is to simply refuse to accept anything that isn't falsifiable.
While it's true that an unfalsifiable claim can't be false, we may draw entirely falsifiable inferences and conclusions from that unfalsifiable belief.
For instance, I can assert that Zeus is the source of all lightning - if and only if I ascribe to all the available scientific information about lightning. That is not a falsifiable claim. But if I were to assert further that since we know Zeus lives atop Mount Olympus, all lightning therefore comes from Mount Olympus, I would be making an easily testable and falsifiable claim.
Let me know when you learn how to test "belief" or the paranormal.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

PCD wrote:
<quoted text>
If I may, what he means is that the best way to avoid becoming dogmatically attached to this or that belief is to simply refuse to accept anything that isn't falsifiable.
While it's true that an unfalsifiable claim can't be false, we may draw entirely falsifiable inferences and conclusions from that unfalsifiable belief.
For instance, I can assert that Zeus is the source of all lightning - if and only if I ascribe to all the available scientific information about lightning. That is not a falsifiable claim. But if I were to assert further that since we know Zeus lives atop Mount Olympus, all lightning therefore comes from Mount Olympus, I would be making an easily testable and falsifiable claim.
Gee, why do I feel like I'm listening to Sherlock Holmes on crack.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

I_see_you wrote:
What does Atheism have to do with Homosexuality?
Both are anathema to fundamentalist religions and other dogmas.

YW
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I am not a prude.
Of course not. I was speaking in comparative terms of humanity (most of it anyway) as a whole - at some point we found the benefit of the protection of clothes to be so necessary it became against the norm to not wear them nearly full time. I was merely saying that if we were as shameless as the rest of the animal community then people's rudey bits would be no more as offensive as someone's ears. In short, society created, and to a certain extent compounds its own problem.
nanoanomaly wrote:
...and you cannot seriously blame clothing on the Abrahamic religions.
Didn't even specify Abraham in particular, but many religions had a vested interest in controlling people as much as they could even when they had no power to do so (hence invisible threats of damnation), and sexuality was just one slice of the pie of humanity they had their fingers in. So to speak.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Gee, why do I feel like I'm listening to Sherlock Holmes on crack.
Because he tended to be right?(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I am not a prude.
Oh, and I may or may not be nekkid under these here snugly woogly blankets...

just in case kitteh curious.

;-p

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not. I was speaking in comparative terms of humanity (most of it anyway) as a whole - at some point we found the benefit of the protection of clothes to be so necessary it became against the norm to not wear them nearly full time. I was merely saying that if we were as shameless as the rest of the animal community then people's rudey bits would be no more as offensive as someone's ears. In short, society created, and to a certain extent compounds its own problem.
<quoted text>
Didn't even specify Abraham in particular, but many religions had a vested interest in controlling people as much as they could even when they had no power to do so (hence invisible threats of damnation), and sexuality was just one slice of the pie of humanity they had their fingers in. So to speak.
Dude you are a Effing idiot. You have an opinion in everything and think your opinion is right. Wake up! People have free will which gives them free thought and free choices. So they may not agree with you. Does them make them wrong or you wrong? It is 50/50 no matter how you look at it. You are just an idiot looking for a quarrel because you are bored. I have seen that in you for on one thread you say one thing and on another thread you say another. Go spank your monkey and when you find a happy medium, come back and feel free to chat with everyone when you have yourself under control.

Since: Jul 13

Lisbon, Portugal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
A person has a right not to perform a paid service no matter how bad the reason, no matter how bigoted that reason may be.
Business is the voluntary exchange of goods and services for money.
End of story in a free society.
Should a person have the right to refuse service to a black person?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

The Dude wrote:
Mixed race marriage leads to closures and increased unemployment!!!!!!!!!! Black marriage leads to closures and increased unemployment!!!!!!!!!!
>:-(
^^^This is untrue. Do you know why mixed race couples never sued wedding service providers but same sex couples do?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

replaytime wrote:
Dude you are a Effing idiot.
Right back atcha.(shrug)
replaytime wrote:
You have an opinion in everything and think your opinion is right.
So lemme get this straight - your problem with me is just that I'm posting here and presenting my opinions?

WTF do you think EVERY SINGLE POSTER is doing on this ENTIRE website?
replaytime wrote:
Wake up!
I have been awake for 8 hours. Then you showed up.

(yawn)
replaytime wrote:
People have free will which gives them free thought and free choices.
You believe in God, right? If you're right about that you're wrong about free will.

So uh, make up your mind will ya?
replaytime wrote:
So they may not agree with you.
Gee, I never considered that if I make a post that somebody else might think to pony up an opposing view and make their own argument.

See the big black words at the top? The ones that say "Evolution DEBATE forum"?

Might I suggest you make an appointment with a qualified opthalmologist? Or perhaps a psychiatrist would be more suitable.
replaytime wrote:
Does them make them wrong or you wrong?
All depends on the evidence. Unless it's too vague in which case we're only offering our opinions, at which point anyone else who's interested can read them and come to their own conclusions based on the strength of our arguments.
replaytime wrote:
It is 50/50 no matter how you look at it.
Either it is or it isn't. 50-50.

Or it is or it isn't. 60-40.

Or maybe it's 90-10?

Either way it's gotta be one or the other.

Or perhaps it's something else that neither side has considered yet? Cool eh?
replaytime wrote:
You are just an idiot looking for a quarrel because you are bored.
It's lunchtime. The pub's just a little too far away.

What are you doing? Rhetorical question.
replaytime wrote:
I have seen that in you for on one thread you say one thing and on another thread you say another.
That's because there's lots of different conversations amongst numerous posters across numerous threads. This kind of thing is normal if you participate in any one particular forum - in my case, the evolution forum. Ya know, MY hangout where YOU accused ME of stalking YOU, just because you posted total BS on a whole bunch of threads the other day.
replaytime wrote:
Go spank your monkey
Can't, I'm too busy trying to catch the pigeon.
replaytime wrote:
and when you find a happy medium, come back and feel free to chat with everyone when you have yourself under control.
Perhaps you need to take another look at which of us is currently foaming at the mouth. I'm quite calm. I can still point out your stupidity either way. 100-0.

You don't often post much smart stuff so I hope you realise your only purpose here is to serve as my entertainment, right?

And you ALWAYS bite. GNASH GNASH GNASH GNASH GNASH!!!

Have a stupendous day!

:-)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^This is untrue.
I see your sarcasm detector is as faulty as the rest of your brains.
Brian_G wrote:
Do you know why mixed race couples never sued wedding service providers but same sex couples do?
Because 70 years ago they knew they might not get a fair trial.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^This is untrue. Do you know why mixed race couples never sued wedding service providers but same sex couples do?
Whoops.

Once again, Brian suffers from diarrhea of the mouth without first checking the facts.
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2009/11/r...

And don't forget Loving v Virginia.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoops.
Once again, Brian suffers from diarrhea of the mouth without first checking the facts.
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2009/11/r...
And don't forget Loving v Virginia.
NOLA wrote:
<quoted text>
Gov. Bobby Jindal called Bardwell's resignation "long overdue."
And funnily enough Bobby Jindal's resignation is long overdue.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,301 - 2,320 of3,864
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••