Atheism and homosexuality

Atheism and homosexuality

There are 3861 comments on the Conservapedia story from Dec 5, 2011, titled Atheism and homosexuality. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2315 Sep 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Little Red Bobbing Hood priceless.
Bob: What mean judgicons you have, nano!!!

nano: More than a mouth full's a waste, Bob!!!

lol

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2317 Sep 1, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Since I neither believe in creation, wish to prove the existence of any faith based entity or ideal nor question evolution; does that make my opinions valuable? Why are these things connected, other than idiosyncratic conspiracy?
Our Christian neighbors are being sued because they refuse to serve at a same sex wedding.
<quoted text>^^^Good evidence of same sex marriage supporter's nature.
You cant fool us creationist liar with nothing to back up your halfwitted opinions.

Climate change denial - another creationist talking point you can lie your way around troll.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#2318 Sep 1, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>A "free society" isn't supposed to include indecent exposure. There's a huge difference between not preferring the color red in your attire and showing your genitals in public. There are children who share this "free society" with us adults and they should not have to wear blinders to keep from seeing some creep's a-hole or penis while they are standing in line at a check out.
Anyone exposing themselves like that should be arrested. It's abusive to the rest of us.
How dare you show your ankle in public! That's obscene! There are children who share this society and they should not have to put blinders on to keep from seeing creep's ankle!

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#2319 Sep 1, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>A "free society" isn't supposed to include indecent exposure. There's a huge difference between not preferring the color red in your attire and showing your genitals in public. There are children who share this "free society" with us adults and they should not have to wear blinders to keep from seeing some creep's a-hole or penis while they are standing in line at a check out.
Anyone exposing themselves like that should be arrested. It's abusive to the rest of us.
So your "free society" would outlaw persons of like mind voluntarily gathering in private places to sunbathe in the nude? This likely includes persons of every age.

Location hidden

#2320 Sep 1, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
So your "free society" would outlaw persons of like mind voluntarily gathering in private places to sunbathe in the nude? This likely includes persons of every age.
You know better. The public, in general, should be able to shop without having strangers private parts hanging out in front of them. Nudists know where to go to get naked. Their choice of clothing status stops at my choice not to be forced to see them naked.

Some people are more sensitive to nudity than others and sensitive children can be screwed up for years after seeing the wrong person naked.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#2321 Sep 1, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No, since male/female marriage gives the benefit of procreation, it supersedes same sex marriage. A cost benefit shows marriage is so important, even sterile male/female partners may marry out of respect for privacy.
Same sex marriage couples sued photographers, bakers and florists for refusing to participate in their weddings. That's the difference from interracial couples; they didn't sue.
Show us these links of all these people getting sued for not taking photographs. I would like to read them to see if they were sued, why they were sued.

Location hidden

#2322 Sep 1, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
How dare you show your ankle in public! That's obscene! There are children who share this society and they should not have to put blinders on to keep from seeing creep's ankle!
Ankles are not genitals. Some people find the public display of genitals threatening. Maybe you don't mind some guy with his dk hanging out of his pants saying, "How you doin'?", when you walk out your front door, but most other people DO.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#2323 Sep 1, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
What about nude beaches, movies with nudity etc etc. And I have never heard of an @ss crack referred to as genitals. If that is the case then they should outlaw thong bikini's for those women show their genitals all the time.

So now not only did you stand behind him and look at his crack you also went around front of him and looked at his penis too! Shame on you!

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#2324 Sep 1, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
This proves the point, same sex marriage is like licensing more and more businesses, government intervention in private trade, the death of the free market.
Same sex marriage is like suing Christian business owners for acting on their faith. There is no harm or hate; only belief marriage is male/female.
If you love capitalism and believe in conservatism; keep marriage one man and one woman.
Brian, this merely affirms that you are less than an idiot. A business is a place of public accommodation that exists to generate profit.

If one wishes to proselytize, they should become a missionary, not a business owner.

A business or its owner have no right to project their religious belief or moral views onto their customers, forcing them to bend to their religious will in order to partake of their services. That would violate the religious freedom of the customer.

Providing services, via a business, to someone who holds different religious views does not violate the free exercise of religion of the proprietor. Only an immensely unintelligent individual would claim otherwise.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#2325 Sep 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I am also for homosexual rights. I won't post how his statements back fire. Perhaps an atheist would not understand it.
I am not an atheist. I'm a gay man of faith. I believe when the Bible starts being used as a weapon, most of the good messages it contains get lost.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2326 Sep 1, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The notion that we all benefit from public goods, roads etc, can be infinitely expanded to justify any imposition on the individual.
Absolutely! That is why **NO** single method is going to work.

And why we **must** take elements from them all, as I stated above.
Chimney1 wrote:
I don't think there is an easy, formulaic answer to this either.
So I just look at this situation. Some dude who takes photos for a living does not want to photograph a gay wedding. Maybe they make him queezy, maybe he is a bigot, maybe he was molested at the age of 12. Who knows? Who cares? If he wont do the job, he wont get the money.
I agree, in principle. But not in practice.
Chimney1 wrote:
Now the thought police come along and demand that he bow down to their demands. That is going too far.

What is the measuring rod?

Well, they have gone from demanding their own rights be respected, which is fair enough, to demanding that others are under compulsion, which is not. Business in a free society is a voluntary exchange of goods and services for money. Not a compulsion to serve, but a choice.

There might be needful exceptions when a whole society closes ranks and refuses to treat a group fairly, such as in the deep South in 1960. However this is not the same thing, not even close.

If anyone tells me they cannot find a willing, probably even another gay, photographer, for their wedding, its utter BS. Its grandstanding, its attention seeking. Its the thought police making an example of someone to enforce a point, and its unnecessary. Gays ARE being accepted into the mainstream and there is no need for this.
Perhaps. On the other hand? Your example is pretty close to the mark, with regards to the anti-gay sentiment. Whole religions have "closed ranks" against the gays.

Until that loses it's tacit "respect"? And becomes unusual?

Then such grandstanding/stunts are not only justified, but a good idea.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2327 Sep 1, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No, since male/female marriage gives the benefit of procreation,
So we **must** ban **all** marriages where children are not possible?

Including old people, young people who are infertile, and so on?

More: if one of the partners in the marriage gets "fixed" (either tubes tied, or a vasectomy) THEN THEIR MARRIAGE IS NOW DISSOLVED?

Under **your** rules-- that would be the case!

Face it: you cannot justify your BIGOTRY.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2328 Sep 1, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I respond to Chimney and Dogen far more often than I ever have to you and they are both man enough not to try that stalking accusation. Wimp.
Go away, you ugly, non-thinking stalking moron.

You are not wanted-- not even by Chimney or Dogen...

... they are just too nice to tell you to go away.

But I'm not: go away.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2329 Sep 1, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Bob: What mean judgicons you have, nano!!!
nano: More than a mouth full's a waste, Bob!!!
lol
Nobody cares who you are wanting to give it away to, ugly-stalking moron.

Go away-- nobody wants you here.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#2330 Sep 1, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No, since male/female marriage gives the benefit of procreation, it supersedes same sex marriage.
A very simplistic and feel good band aid stance to put into law. One that ignores a couples option for birth control which most use today. It ignores those who are infertile. It ignores those who choose NOT to have children. It ignores those who wish to adopt. And to me one of the most offensive things it does is to reduce the marriages of every mother, grandmother and married woman to the role of A BITCH AT A PUPPY MILL! I can't speak for you family but in mine, my sisters are much more than breeding bitches.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>A cost benefit shows marriage is so important, even sterile male/female partners may marry out of respect for privacy.
So you DO believe certain marriages deserve special rights! LMAO
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Same sex marriage couples sued photographers, bakers and florists for refusing to participate in their weddings. That's the difference from interracial couples; they didn't sue.
NO we sued them because they broke the law. Just as if they refused someone service because they were black or a jew.

BTW Brian, When did all the christians in this country suddenly get a get out of jail free card just because we say we are christians?Your side has even passed laws that make it a crime for a Christian in Indiana practice his faith. If a Church there decides to bless a same sex union the minster can be imprisoned and fined.

When the Bible starts being used as a weapon, most of the good messages it contains get lost.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#2331 Sep 1, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>A cost benefit shows marriage is so important, even sterile male/female partners may marry out of respect for privacy.
WOW. So only sterile male female married couples deserve a right to privacy?
You sure are re-defining marriage and a lot of laws to get your lifestyle made the law of the land.

Location hidden

#2333 Sep 1, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Go away, you ugly, non-thinking stalking moron.
You are not wanted-- not even by Chimney or Dogen...
... they are just too nice to tell you to go away.
But I'm not: go away.
They know I'm not stalking them because they aren't as delusional as you are.

Public forum; I'll come and go as I please.

Location hidden

#2334 Sep 1, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody cares who you are wanting to give it away to, ugly-stalking moron.
Go away-- nobody wants you here.
It was a joke about how you're a little scaredy pants like Red Riding Hood, wussy.

The fact that you love trying to censor people only proves how insecure you are, deep down inside those worms you call brains.

I've met chickens that are braver than you are.

Location hidden

#2335 Sep 1, 2013
Topix needs a wussy jackazz judgicon.

>:}

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#2336 Sep 1, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
Topix needs a wussy jackazz judgicon.
>:}
Hey, nano. How ya been?

Now that same sex marriage is legal in New Mexico I guess I should put my legally valid ordination to work. What do you think?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 44 min replaytime 48,718
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 50 min replaytime 23,539
News In defense of faith 4 hr karl44 6
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 6 hr Uncle Sam 70
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 7 hr Thinking 21,881
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 9 hr Into The Night 5,705
News Louisiana Christians reclaim safe space by runn... 13 hr Amused 3
More from around the web