Atheism and homosexuality

Dec 5, 2011 Full story: Conservapedia 3,862

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Full Story

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#2275 Aug 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No, Jesus didn't use the courts to compel participation in any ceremony.
You said equality led to Fascism.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#2276 Aug 31, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Brian is a Poe.
River knows these things.
Thanks.

He does a good job.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#2277 Aug 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No, I've always opposed violence against gays.
I'm sore because you support suing Christians if they decline to participate in a same sex wedding
If you want to argue that issue, fine, but making hyperbolic statements like this...
Brian_G wrote:
The road to fascism is signed "Equality" and same sex marriage.
...just destroys your argument.

Actually, having given a lot of thought to this recently, I see nothing wrong with making an exemption from non-discrimination laws for businesses that provide non-essential wedding-related services. The business owner would need to apply for this exemption, and records of these applications would be public.

This way, a anti-gay photographer would not have to photograph a same-sex wedding and gay couples would have a way of knowing this so that they wouldn't have to waste their time even calling that photographer.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2278 Aug 31, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I have mentioned that it could be a developmental issue a couple of times. People seem to be stuck on the "genes vs choice" false dichotomy.
Their problem is, they see "gay" as an all-or-nothing.

And it's hardly that.

A better analogy would be a literal rainbow-- with one end-color being 100% straight (as if there were such) and the other end being 100% not-straight (again, as if).

The vast majority of folk would find themselves somewhere other than at either end--

--- and indeed, may move a bit one way or another during their lifetimes.

It hardly matters in the end: once we stop persecuting people who are gay.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2279 Aug 31, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You could argue that by refusing the job, those with prejudice are merely reducing their own income. That would be the libertarian view on it. But what would you think of someone refusing to photograph a mixed race wedding because they find racial mixing offensive?
I'll bet you a new $20 that Nano would be fine permitting such bigotry to become commonplace once more.

... meh.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2280 Aug 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Ever hear of the birds and the bees? Gay couples can't have children; at best the child has a genetic relationship with only one partner.
So what?

Compared to a dog,**all** people,**EVERYWHERE**, share a genetic relationship...

... you are a literal moron.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2281 Aug 31, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay people do not need you to speak on their behalf. Your efforts to group everything and everyone together, is backwards.
And godbots do not need **you**.

So what?

You are a literal bigoted moron.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2282 Aug 31, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>EXCUSE ME!
As a gay man I give permission to Bob to speak on our behalf. In fact anyone who supports equal protection under the law and doesn't try to use their faith to justify their religious discrimination of gays and lesbians in civil matters will most certainly be welcome to speak up on behalf of my community.
I am humbled by what you just said. Thank you .
DNF wrote:
I don't know why Bob has gotten to you bigots like he has but I'm glad he did. It's always enjoyable for me to see the Archie Bunkers of the world (like you) look foolish.
It's a gift-- I do seem to have a talent to bring out what people **really** think or what their real agenda(s) is(are).

Thank you again.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2283 Aug 31, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>My first partner and I were husbands to each other. We exchanged vows privately before God.
Unfortunately we lived in MD and at that time SSM was illegal.
Plus being catholic he was hesitant to marry because of his family's religious views. I was hurt but also gained great respect for him because he put the needs of both our families above our own in this case.
Thankfully today, I believe that even his family would be delighted to see us married if he were still alive.
So you go to church and believe in the bible and, yet, you are a practicing homosexual?

That makes no sense at all.

Why would you follow a doctrine that says what you do sexually is an abomination? That's ludicrous.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2284 Aug 31, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>So you go to church and believe in the bible and, yet, you are a practicing homosexual?
That makes no sense at all.
Why would you follow a doctrine that says what you do sexually is an abomination? That's ludicrous.
Oh thanks for your marks of attention.

It's a lovely indicator that my **stalker** is nearby...

Location hidden

#2285 Aug 31, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet... every time you show your bigoted and ugly face here? I get lots and lots of lovely negative jugicons-- even on the most innocuous of my posts.
That's stalking-- but it's worse.
You always say the most hateful shyt-- as in the above.
Proving again you are just a sad little nobody.
The judgicons hurt you? My, how sensitive you are, Little Red Bobbing Hood.

I'll try not to be so vicious in future, lol.

"Glass houses", hypocrite.

Location hidden

#2286 Aug 31, 2013
<quoted text>
I never claimed there was-- in fact, I've been writing pretty much just the opposite.
But you don't actually ...**read** do you?
And yes, people **are** born gay-- they do not suddenly "choose" to be gay at some point.
But I wonder-- WHEN DID YOU CHOOSE TO BECOME A BIGOT?
Nobody is born wanting to suck dk. Nobody. Not even you, GobbledeeBob.

xD

Location hidden

#2287 Aug 31, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh thanks for your marks of attention.
It's a lovely indicator that my **stalker** is nearby...
I'm not yours, Bob.

You just happen to be on a thread I was interested in. Loser.

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

#2288 Aug 31, 2013
<quoted text>
Their problem is, they see "gay" as an all-or-nothing.
And it's hardly that.
A better analogy would be a literal rainbow-- with one end-color being 100% straight (as if there were such) and the other end being 100% not-straight (again, as if).
The vast majority of folk would find themselves somewhere other than at either end--
--- and indeed, may move a bit one way or another during their lifetimes.
It hardly matters in the end: once we stop persecuting people who are gay.
Do you really know what you profess to know?

Has natural selection of societies selected gays as a target?

Why is the opprobrium so widespread? Is it needed?

What has happened to gay loving societies?

Why were there ten female finalists in the last American Idol, five of which incidentally had testicles?

Do we really know?

Location hidden

#2289 Aug 31, 2013
<quoted text>
Naturally!
They do not suffer the social stigma under Genuine Christian™ bigotry.
Of course not! They have "gay preferred" crammed into their craniums from day 1.

Location hidden

#2290 Aug 31, 2013
<quoted text>
Brilliant rebuttal!
And goes directly to the heart of the issue-- the 14th Amendment **is** blind to sexual orientation.
As it should be....
Apparently, you don't know what the word "orientation" means.

Wow.

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

#2291 Aug 31, 2013
<quoted text>
I'll bet you a new $20 that Nano would be fine permitting such bigotry to become commonplace once more.
... meh.
So? Man refuses gay wedding photography,

Man misses contract.

Man happy, society happy.

Going to enforce your disapproval if he refuses?

Fascist.

You said you were libertarian. Clearly not true.

Location hidden

#2292 Aug 31, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
A person has a right not to perform a paid service no matter how bad the reason, no matter how bigoted that reason may be.
Business is the voluntary exchange of goods and services for money.
End of story in a free society.
Who said we live in a free society?

http://blueollie.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/...

Is it fair that I end up in line behind some creep showing his crackhole by wearing his pants below his buns?

“A Idiot Thinks Im Savoir Faire”

Since: Mar 13

Paranoid That I Am Everywhere

#2293 Aug 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The signs on the road to fascism point to equality, not freedom. Same sex marriage means the death of liberty.
Brian what is it that really bothers you about homosexuals and same sex marriage? Don't give me because the Bible says so or you think it is wrong or you don't believe in it.

1. This may came as a big shock but not all believe in the Bible. Not all believe in God. So in their eyes they are breaking nothing and not committing a sin as you call it.

2. Not all see it as wrong. What is wrong for someone may be right for someone else. People should live for what makes them happy, not what makes others happy.

3. What you believe is not what they believe. People have the right to believe differently.

So without using the 3 mentioned above as an excuse,,, Do tell us what your problem is with same sex marriage and homosexuals.

“A Idiot Thinks Im Savoir Faire”

Since: Mar 13

Paranoid That I Am Everywhere

#2294 Aug 31, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Who said we live in a free society?
http://blueollie.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/...
Is it fair that I end up in line behind some creep showing his crackhole by wearing his pants below his buns?
He can dress like that because we live in a free society. My suggestion is don't look at his crack hole. Keep your eyes up instead of looking down at his crack hole. Unless he is like 9 foot tall and you are 4 foot tall you have to look down at it to see it. Even though I think it is a stupid way to dress, I cannot tell them how to dress. What if someone said that red is the color of the devil and I don't want anyone wearing it, should we enforce that too?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 23 min Thinking 229,859
Our world came from nothing? 26 min Thinking 1,002
Islam for peace, or violence? 28 min Thinking 24
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr fadu singh 22,979
Man center of the universe. 2 hr Thinking 85
Razer and Ben Affleck take on the atheists Fri Thinking 6
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Oct 16 Mikko 1,401

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE