Atheism and homosexuality

Dec 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Conservapedia

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Comments
2,161 - 2,180 of 3,864 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

DNF wrote:
You're full of crap. If I were to refuse service to a black person or a Christian you'd NEVER make the claim that it's black marriages or Christian ones that are causing the downfall of our society. Instead of being the problem, try being part of the solution for a change. Get it through your head. Discrimination is illegal. You are perfectly happy when the laws protect your religion. You just don't want that protection given to groups you disapprove of. You had no problem with Hate Crime laws till sexual orientation was added. You had no problem with non discrimination laws till gays and lesbians were added. You're a homophobic bigot. And a rather intellectually challenged one at that.
These Christian artists didn't discriminate against homosexuals; they refused to support same sex weddings with their artistic expression. Same sex marriage is like compelling Christians to attend under threat of lawsuit.

Is there anything so wrong as same sex marriage?

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong. Businesses are bound by ALL laws that govern those businesses.
It's downright disgusting to claim that God says someone doesn't have to follow the same rules as everyone else.
What you advocate is special rights and loopholes so you can act like a spoiled brat.
If a gay owned business were to refuse service to a person because they were a fundamentalist you'd be first in line to scream FOUL!
Arguing "its the law" is not relevant. We are discussing what the law should be, in the first place.

I would not hesitate to provide services to gays, I have no issues. Even better if the bloke down the road refuses - more business for me! And as a gay, would you really WANT to support the business of someone who despises you? Why not go to someone who is happy to offer the service?

Sorry but YOUR freedom, which I support, does not have to be someone else's COMPULSION. That is not a free society.

And no, if a gay refused to serve a fundy, exactly the same logic applies.

Listen, I am doing you a favour. This can play out two ways.

Number one, you force your rights on people who actually think what you are doing is wrong, and sorry, you are not going to change them with force. You are just going to make them hate you more.

Number Two, Fred Bigot refuses to serve you and Happy Joe down the road does. Eventually Fred Bigot learns that he is losing business and Joe is thriving and Fred learns to swallow his bigotry and provide the service...voluntarily. Or not, and Joe wins.

That is how it works, without the compulsion.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Arguing "its the law" is not relevant. We are discussing what the law should be, in the first place.
I would not hesitate to provide services to gays, I have no issues. Even better if the bloke down the road refuses - more business for me! And as a gay, would you really WANT to support the business of someone who despises you? Why not go to someone who is happy to offer the service?
Sorry but YOUR freedom, which I support, does not have to be someone else's COMPULSION. That is not a free society.
And no, if a gay refused to serve a fundy, exactly the same logic applies.
Listen, I am doing you a favour. This can play out two ways.
Number one, you force your rights on people who actually think what you are doing is wrong, and sorry, you are not going to change them with force. You are just going to make them hate you more.
Number Two, Fred Bigot refuses to serve you and Happy Joe down the road does. Eventually Fred Bigot learns that he is losing business and Joe is thriving and Fred learns to swallow his bigotry and provide the service...voluntarily. Or not, and Joe wins.
That is how it works, without the compulsion.
You opinions about anything are invalid because you don't follow logic. Its better if you just go to another forum because other wise people might mistake your posts as thought through.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Chimney1 wrote:
Sorry but YOUR freedom, which I support, does not have to be someone else's COMPULSION. That is not a free society. And no, if a gay refused to serve a fundy, exactly the same logic applies. Listen, I am doing you a favour. This can play out two ways. Number one, you force your rights on people who actually think what you are doing is wrong, and sorry, you are not going to change them with force. You are just going to make them hate you more. Number Two, Fred Bigot refuses to serve you and Happy Joe down the road does. Eventually Fred Bigot learns that he is losing business and Joe is thriving and Fred learns to swallow his bigotry and provide the service...voluntarily. Or not, and Joe wins. That is how it works, without the compulsion.
The signs on the road to fascism point to equality, not freedom. Same sex marriage means the death of liberty.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

replaytime wrote:
.... Now one is forced to partake in a gay wedding....
They are fined and threatened with imprisonment; that's force by court order. The road to fascism is labeled, "Equality".

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>They are fined and threatened with imprisonment; that's force by court order. The road to fascism is labeled, "Equality".
Then the Jesus! was a fascist.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage means the death of liberty.
You're just sore 'cause you're not allowed to send us to the gallows anymore.

Waaaa, waaaa, waaaa. Go cry to your mommy.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Brian is a Poe.

River knows these things.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Wolfgang E B wrote:
You're just sore 'cause you're not allowed to send us to the gallows anymore. Waaaa, waaaa, waaaa. Go cry to your mommy.
No, I've always opposed violence against gays.

I'm sore because you support suing Christians if they decline to participate in a same sex wedding; I oppose fascism.

The road to fascism is signed "Equality" and same sex marriage.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

scaritual wrote:
No, Jesus didn't use the courts to compel participation in any ceremony.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage is based on rare, anecdotal families and popular TV series themes; not reality. Keeping marriage male-female is for integration and diversity while same sex marriage is sex segregated marriage. Down with segregationists.
Are you high, or just stupid?
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage is like suing a Christian florist, baker or photographer for turning down a wedding invitation. Same sex marriage won't have any effect on you at all, until they sue. Then, you might be put out of business and divorced, same sex marriage harms everyone.
Are you high, or just stupid?

Brian, can a Christian photographer deny service to a Muslim couple because they disagree with their religious views?

Sharjah, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The signs on the road to fascism point to equality, not freedom. Same sex marriage means the death of liberty.
No Brian. Same sex marriage just allows homosexuals the rights you already have, to marry who they love.

My agreement with you is solely limited to whether someone like a photographer has the right to refuse the job of photographing a gay wedding. He does in my view because business should be the voluntary exchange of goods and services for money. Not a compulsion.

If he wants to limit his own client base thats his choice and at his own cost. Let his competition cheer.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
These Christian artists didn't discriminate against homosexuals;
Yes, they did.
Brian_G wrote:
they refused to support same sex weddings with their artistic expression.
You see, Brian, that is the very definition of discrimination. They could have provided their services without infringing upn their religious freedom. That you don't understand this is further proof that you are a dullard.
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage is like compelling Christians to attend under threat of lawsuit.
Actually, no it isn't. Any more than requiring an atheist photographer to shoot photographs for a Christian ceremony.

You see, if one isn't an idiot, they wish to make money in running their business, not to project their religious moral views onto others.

One can only imply from your rhetoric that, if you are a christian, you wish to be treated as an idiot and marginalized, because that is how you treat others. In fairness, I think this is in part due to your own mental deficiencies.
Brian_G wrote:
Is there anything so wrong as same sex marriage?
Your idiocy is much more wrong than same sex marriage.

Sharjah, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You opinions about anything are invalid because you don't follow logic. Its better if you just go to another forum because other wise people might mistake your posts as thought through.
still sore that you cannot prove God is impossible. So how many people have you persuaded after years of this one trick pony ranting?

You are right about one thing. Other Wise people do respect my posts.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Chimney1 wrote:
still sore that you cannot prove God is impossible.
Why would I need to disprove, that which you cannot provide proof of?

Faith has no greater basis than belief. Pure and simple. It cannot be proven or disproven. If one starts making such an argument, they have lost track of the concept.

Sharjah, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I need to disprove, that which you cannot provide proof of?
Faith has no greater basis than belief. Pure and simple. It cannot be proven or disproven. If one starts making such an argument, they have lost track of the concept.
you dont. And I dont beleive in God. But Skippy thinks he has proven God is impossible and he gets sore when people laugh at his "proof"

Sharjah, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Again your ignorance shines through. One the Christian florist, baker or photographer will not get an invitation for their services. They will be asked to submit a bid for their services. Now they can either give a fair bid and keep their business alive or give a ridiculous high bid and not have to worry about it and lose out on business to the competition. Now one is forced to partake in a gay wedding. Why are you such a bigot?
I thought thewhole arargument had started cos some photographer was being sued for refusing to photograph a gay wedding?

And I think whatever, get another photographer. Its meant ti be a free country.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Chimney1 wrote:
you dont. And I dont beleive in God. But Skippy thinks he has proven God is impossible and he gets sore when people laugh at his "proof"
Well, I guess they have lost track of the concept.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

The Middle East.
Killing each other for thousands of years because they can't agree on what happens once you're dead.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>These Christian artists didn't discriminate against homosexuals; they refused to support same sex weddings with their artistic expression.....
I thought they were business owners, who have a business license. If they can't abide by the rules under which they obtained the license, shouldn't they find another job?

If they want to break the law and discriminate against minorities, they really should find something else to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists, give up your lost religion and seek t... (Nov '13) 24 min MrDesoto1 233
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 28 min Dave Nelson 224,674
The Ultimate Evidence of God 30 min CunningLinguist 19
Atheists on the march in America (Aug '09) 55 min CunningLinguist 70,966
Our world came from nothing? 57 min Patrick 266
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr Carchar king 21,409
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 3 hr Carchar king 31
•••
•••