Atheism and homosexuality

Dec 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Conservapedia

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Comments (Page 108)

Showing posts 2,141 - 2,160 of3,864
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but they tend to come out at a younger age when they have 2 gay parents.
Naturally!

They do not suffer the social stigma under Genuine Christian™ bigotry.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>My first partner and I were husbands to each other. We exchanged vows privately before God.

Unfortunately we lived in MD and at that time SSM was illegal.
Plus being catholic he was hesitant to marry because of his family's religious views. I was hurt but also gained great respect for him because he put the needs of both our families above our own in this case.

Thankfully today, I believe that even his family would be delighted to see us married if he were still alive.
I applaud you in your good fortune and choice of significant others.

:)

Life is too short to deny people happiness; kudos to you that you found yours.

And, sadly, you are likely correct in that the catholic church is still firmly in the Bronze Age with regards to people's happiness.

That church seems to think suffering is ...

.... some kind of virtue....

.... <gag>

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>DNF pryas, "DEAR GOD! Don't let Brian G be gay. He's just too embarrassing to the rest of us. Thanks"
LOL!

<literally, I laughed out loud here>

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Show me where in the U.S. Constitution it says that a certain gene is required for someone to have the benefits of the Bill of Rights and the 14th Amendment.
Brilliant rebuttal!

And goes directly to the heart of the issue-- the 14th Amendment **is** blind to sexual orientation.

As it should be....

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
More and more it appears to be an epigenetic phenomena during pre-natal development.
In other words, multiple and complex interactions at work.
Yes I have mentioned that it could be a developmental issue a couple of times. People seem to be stuck on the "genes vs choice" false dichotomy.

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I think it should be a person's right not to be forced to do something that they find offensive. There are nurses that are pro-life that find elective abortion offensive; I suppose you believe they should be forced to participate in that procedure just because they are health care workers and you like to inflict your will over theirs?
How hard is it for someone to call one more number to find a photographer that has no problem watching same sex couples kiss at a social function?
You could argue that by refusing the job, those with prejudice are merely reducing their own income. That would be the libertarian view on it. But what would you think of someone refusing to photograph a mixed race wedding because they find racial mixing offensive?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Artificial fertility. When gay couples **do** have babies-- what are the **odds** that the kids turn out to be gay? Do you know?[](hint: they are **exactly** the same odds as for straight couples...)
Ever hear of the birds and the bees? Gay couples can't have children; at best the child has a genetic relationship with only one partner.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Ever hear of the birds and the bees? Gay couples can't have children; at best the child has a genetic relationship with only one partner.
So? Ever hear of adoption by infertile hetero couples?

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Ever hear of the birds and the bees? Gay couples can't have children; at best the child has a genetic relationship with only one partner.
Can infertile heterosexual couples marry? Because, if so, your argument is utterly invalid.

You see, the state has no interest in procreation relative to the legal protections of marriage, which is a fact you would understand were you not an imbecile.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Nope. Not gay.
But that's okay--it doesn't bother me that you think I am.
An added benefit, though? Is perhaps it will make you **stop** stalking me, now...
... not that you'd be a choice even if you were the only remaining female on the planet.
There are no drugs in existence strong enough to make **you** attractive in **any** way ...
Gay people do not need you to speak on their behalf. Your efforts to group everything and everyone together, is backwards.

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

A person has a right not to perform a paid service no matter how bad the reason, no matter how bigoted that reason may be.

Business is the voluntary exchange of goods and services for money.

End of story in a free society.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Same sex marriage is based on rare, anecdotal families and popular TV series themes; not reality. Keeping marriage male-female is for integration and diversity while same sex marriage is sex segregated marriage. Down with segregationists.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Same sex marriage is like suing a Christian florist, baker or photographer for turning down a wedding invitation. Same sex marriage won't have any effect on you at all, until they sue. Then, you might be put out of business and divorced, same sex marriage harms everyone.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay people do not need you to speak on their behalf. Your efforts to group everything and everyone together, is backwards.
EXCUSE ME!

As a gay man I give permission to Bob to speak on our behalf. In fact anyone who supports equal protection under the law and doesn't try to use their faith to justify their religious discrimination of gays and lesbians in civil matters will most certainly be welcome to speak up on behalf of my community.

I don't know why Bob has gotten to you bigots like he has but I'm glad he did. It's always enjoyable for me to see the Archie Bunkers of the world (like you) look foolish.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Chimney1 wrote:
A person has a right not to perform a paid service no matter how bad the reason, no matter how bigoted that reason may be.
Business is the voluntary exchange of goods and services for money.
End of story in a free society.
Wrong. Businesses are bound by ALL laws that govern those businesses.

It's downright disgusting to claim that God says someone doesn't have to follow the same rules as everyone else.

What you advocate is special rights and loopholes so you can act like a spoiled brat.

If a gay owned business were to refuse service to a person because they were a fundamentalist you'd be first in line to scream FOUL!

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage is like suing a Christian florist, baker or photographer for turning down a wedding invitation. Same sex marriage won't have any effect on you at all, until they sue. Then, you might be put out of business and divorced, same sex marriage harms everyone.
You're full of crap. If I were to refuse service to a black person or a Christian you'd NEVER make the claim that it's black marriages or Christian ones that are causing the downfall of our society.

Instead of being the problem, try being part of the solution for a change.

Get it through your head. Discrimination is illegal. You are perfectly happy when the laws protect your religion. You just don't want that protection given to groups you disapprove of.

You had no problem with Hate Crime laws till sexual orientation was added. You had no problem with non discrimination laws till gays and lesbians were added.

You're a homophobic bigot. And a rather intellectually challenged one at that.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>EXCUSE ME!
As a gay man I give permission to Bob to speak on our behalf. In fact anyone who supports equal protection under the law and doesn't try to use their faith to justify their religious discrimination of gays and lesbians in civil matters will most certainly be welcome to speak up on behalf of my community.
I don't know why Bob has gotten to you bigots like he has but I'm glad he did. It's always enjoyable for me to see the Archie Bunkers of the world (like you) look foolish.
Because I am also for homosexual rights. I won't post how his statements back fire. Perhaps an atheist would not understand it.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
Just as interracial marriage harms everyone.

Keep talking shite, Bri

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
Again your ignorance shines through. One the Christian florist, baker or photographer will not get an invitation for their services. They will be asked to submit a bid for their services. Now they can either give a fair bid and keep their business alive or give a ridiculous high bid and not have to worry about it and lose out on business to the competition. Now one is forced to partake in a gay wedding. Why are you such a bigot?

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
As long as it harms you, I'm happy :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,141 - 2,160 of3,864
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 3 min Patrick 21
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min Patrick 223,031
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 7 hr Mikko 21,328
Why do i deserve no respect. 8 hr Carchar king 1
Introducing The Universal Religion 19 hr NightSerf 718
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Wed ChristineM 802
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) Wed Buck Crick 324
•••
•••