Atheism and homosexuality

Atheism and homosexuality

There are 3861 comments on the Conservapedia story from Dec 5, 2011, titled Atheism and homosexuality. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2195 Aug 29, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you miss what I am saying. If gays are only with the same sex there is 0% chance their genes get passed on. That is all I was saying.
Artificial fertility.

When gay couples **do** have babies-- what are the **odds** that the kids turn out to be gay?

Do you know?

(hint: they are **exactly** the same odds as for straight couples...)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2196 Aug 29, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Explained already. Some genes are advantageous if you inherit a single copy but deadly if you inherit two. A single sickle cell gene confers malarial resistance and a single tay sachs is assiciated with high intelligence

IF there is a gay gene it might be working in a similar way.
More and more it appears to be an epigenetic phenomena during pre-natal development.

In other words, multiple and complex interactions at work.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2197 Aug 29, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Get over it. They can't reproduce so they cant reign. You are just a paranoid bigot.
He is.... I agree.

But I suspect he is also a latent homosexual himself, and until he deals with **that**, he won't be able to get over it.

... or himself, for that matter...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2198 Aug 29, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the left sues businesses for breaking the law.
How dumb do you want people to believe that you are? Currently, you are making rocks look like Einstein.
Hey! That's insulting to ... rocks?

<snerk>

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2199 Aug 29, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
What would be the beneficiary trait of more people being born gay? Now as I told you I have several gay friends, both male and female. I have two female cousins in my family line that are lesbian (not with each other, both like girls). I work with several (even so you called me a bigot when I told you that) point being evolution is all about evolving and passing on the genes to ensure survival. Gay people can not pass on their genes, so over time the will be less and less and become extinct. Survival of the fittest by natural selection is all about passing on the genes to insure survival of the species. As I said what they do is not my business and it does not affect me what they do. But two males or two females cannot pass on their genes. If a male and his sister are the only two children and are both gay and they won't pass on their genes by reproducing and the line stops with them.
You are making zero sense with all the contradictions in that comment.

Location hidden

#2200 Aug 29, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Bruno was burnt at the stake by religitards for "claiming the existence of a plurality of worlds and their eternity", amongst other things.
<quoted text>
I believe the subject you suggested was Time and travelling through it, not religious persecution for spreading deviate concepts, ergo, the Bruno quote.

Leave it to pervs like you to turn even a comment about time travel into one about personal ideology. How lame.
Thinking

Saint Philip, Barbados

#2201 Aug 29, 2013
You are indeed lame.

It is a fact that religitards burned Bruno to death.
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I believe the subject you suggested was Time and travelling through it, not religious persecution for spreading deviate concepts, ergo, the Bruno quote.
Leave it to pervs like you to turn even a comment about time travel into one about personal ideology. How lame.

Location hidden

#2202 Aug 29, 2013
Thinking wrote:
You are indeed lame.
It is a fact that religitards burned Bruno to death.
<quoted text>
You are a bore.
Thinking

Bridgetown, Barbados

#2203 Aug 29, 2013
You're projecting again.
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You are a bore.

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#2204 Aug 29, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
I suspect it has something to do with us being placental mammals... a non-fatal side-effect, a non-detrimental trait.
Actually, homosexuality is quite common in birds. In the Psitticine (parrot) family, stable same-sex pairings sometimes occur even when opposite sex mates are available.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2205 Aug 29, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I believe the subject you suggested was Time and travelling through it, not religious persecution for spreading deviate concepts, ergo, the Bruno quote.
Thanks for all your "special attention" to my posts.

It means so much for you to stalk me like this.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2206 Aug 29, 2013
Wolfgang E B wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, homosexuality is quite common in birds. In the Psitticine (parrot) family, stable same-sex pairings sometimes occur even when opposite sex mates are available.
Cool. I learned something new.

:)

Location hidden

#2207 Aug 29, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>The government did NOT fire her. They treated her just as they would any bigot who defies the laws she did.
You claim to be so moral yet you insist on telling lies.
I guess you'd be OK with people refusing to do business with Christians just as they did with Jews in Nazi Germany.
After all it's their "artistic freedom" and her use of religious discrimination that matters more to you than the law or what is moral and just.
I think it should be a person's right not to be forced to do something that they find offensive. There are nurses that are pro-life that find elective abortion offensive; I suppose you believe they should be forced to participate in that procedure just because they are health care workers and you like to inflict your will over theirs?

How hard is it for someone to call one more number to find a photographer that has no problem watching same sex couples kiss at a social function?

Location hidden

#2208 Aug 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Thanks for all your "special attention" to my posts.
It means so much for you to stalk me like this.
You are an idiot. You can't keep me from visiting a thread by shouting "Stalker" at me, loser.

BTW, my comments were NOT removed you idiot, but then again, reality never was your strong suit. The mods know you're crazy, hysterical blindness...and all THAT entails. You should see a doctor about that.

Your threats and infantile machinations may work on the faint of heart but wimps like you don't scare me.

Location hidden

#2209 Aug 29, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob let me ask you a question. Now by being born gay would that be considered a negative mutation in evolution being it will likely result in them not having offspring, which likely means their genes will not be passed on?
Not being a butt, just asking a question.
People who participate in same-sex sex do pass their genes in to the future; they're just not passing on a "gay" gene because there isn't one.

I don't know of very many people who've done same-sex sex that haven't had any kids.

Location hidden

#2210 Aug 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Lie.
But then again? Lying is all that you do.
More to the point?**sexual identity** requires more than one gene, you ignorant and 100% uneducated nonentity.
Prove there's a gay gene AND that it would take more than one.

And, NO, I won't hold my breath waiting for it.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#2211 Aug 29, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm so sorry that you are too uneducated to comprehend the basics of evolution.
Seriously. What I posted is basic stuff.
Evolution works on **populations**, not on **individuals**.
It's too bad if your peabrain is too ignorant to comprehend it.
Every thing I said can be found here: http://www.talkorigins.org/
I get that you are gay. I am just going to say if you are the one that leads hen dancing your bitch won't want to hear that jive. Honesty it makes me think you are rally in the closet.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#2212 Aug 29, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Prove there's a gay gene AND that it would take more than one.
And, NO, I won't hold my breath waiting for it.

Hi nano.

I also doubt there is a "gay gene". However there is a lot of research suggesting a link between genetics and sexual orientation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology_and_sexu...

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#2213 Aug 29, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>People who participate in same-sex sex do pass their genes in to the future; they're just not passing on a "gay" gene because there isn't one.
I don't know of very many people who've done same-sex sex that haven't had any kids.

Really? I know a lot. Several have gotten around this by adoption and other methods.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#2214 Aug 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Artificial fertility.
When gay couples **do** have babies-- what are the **odds** that the kids turn out to be gay?
Do you know?
(hint: they are **exactly** the same odds as for straight couples...)

True, but they tend to come out at a younger age when they have 2 gay parents.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 min Thinking 20,263
What is of greater value for humanity: Chrisita... 2 min Thinking 434
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 9 min Bob of Quantum-Faith 319
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 37 min Bob of Quantum-Faith 257,131
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr It aint necessari... 45,553
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 4 hr Eagle 12 21,397
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 6 hr Eagle 12 10,340
More from around the web