Atheism and homosexuality

Dec 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Conservapedia

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of3,864
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 10, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

2

I read it and skipped it since we've discussed this true and true.
But then it hit me.
Creationist have to accept defeat since homosexuality is a fact.
So in short if a mother is stressed out during pregnacy the chances are that a kid could be homosexual. A hormonal effect.

And suddenly we are not designed so intelligently...uh

What was that again...
[[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ...(more)

Who is confused here!
So someone else was tinkering with the toys?
Made a rip-off? A cheap copy?
Well we have a special copy-rights infringement squad for that.
But how would they go about it?

Or is it moral judgement and should we get the thought-police and vote for a totalitarian state!

All I see is some conservative yokel trying to curb human rights again.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 10, 2011
 

Judged:

6

4

3

Republican Party Playbook:

1. Constantly denigrate a segment of the American population, Gays. Collect donations.

2. Constantly denigrate another segment of the American population, Atheists. Collect donations.

3. Equate the two denigrated groups. Collect donations.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 10, 2011
 

Judged:

5

4

2

MrDesoto1 wrote:
Republican Party Playbook:
1. Constantly denigrate a segment of the American population, Gays. Collect donations.
2. Constantly denigrate another segment of the American population, Atheists. Collect donations.
3. Equate the two denigrated groups. Collect donations.
Conservatives in both politics and in the churches have made millions of dollars in donations on the backs of gays in the past 40 years.
LGK

Penley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 10, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

1

MrDesoto1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Conservatives in both politics and in the churches have made millions of dollars in donations on the backs of gays in the past 40 years.
Please clarify what you mean by "on the back of gays" otherwise people might imagine all kinds of stuff here.

And are there enough gays to make millions of dollars from? I thought politicians' cash cows were big co-operations, made up of gays & non-gays.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 10, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

2

LGK wrote:
<quoted text>
Please clarify what you mean by "on the back of gays" otherwise people might imagine all kinds of stuff here.
And are there enough gays to make millions of dollars from? I thought politicians' cash cows were big co-operations, made up of gays & non-gays.
I can now see how that may have been a poor choice of words, open to unintentional interpretations with certain people.

The likes of Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, the AFA, etc. have been collecting $millions in contributions from Americans trying to buy their way into heaven by using gays as a target of their fear mongering. It's usually with their slippery slope arguments.
Now, which political party is in bed with these conservative evangelicals promoting their exclusionary and discriminatory marriage and family values agenda?

This is one reason full equality of gay rights, gay marriage, and other equal legal rights have been slowed and impeded in this country. That would be the "on the back gays".

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 10, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Correction: not "back gays", but "back of gays."

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 10, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Why are human rights not a given in America?
1 the money is too good
2 war and strife keeps the population fit

Makes you wonder if republicans should not be locked up permanently for treasonous, undermining activities of the American Nation State and it's civilians constitutional rights and for contravening the HR convention of Geneva and subsequent protocols.
Amused

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 11, 2011
 

Judged:

6

5

3

LGK wrote:
<quoted text>
Please clarify what you mean by "on the back of gays" otherwise people might imagine all kinds of stuff here.
And are there enough gays to make millions of dollars from? I thought politicians' cash cows were big co-operations, made up of gays & non-gays.
The fear game does not require that there be any of whatever threat the grifters are using to scare the rubes into parting with cash to be protected against. There were never many communists in the US, but Joe McCarthy built a political career as America's 'protector against the communist menace.' Churches raise money for 'battling satan', who is entirely imaginary. The idea of gays is enough for the grifters to run this con. No actual gays are necessary, so the fact that gays actually exist is a plus for the grift, but not a necessity. The number of gays actually in existence is not relevant. The only thing that matters is the number the rubes can be induced to believe exist.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 12, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
The fear game does not require that there be any of whatever threat the grifters are using to scare the rubes into parting with cash to be protected against. There were never many communists in the US, but Joe McCarthy built a political career as America's 'protector against the communist menace.' Churches raise money for 'battling satan', who is entirely imaginary. The idea of gays is enough for the grifters to run this con. No actual gays are necessary, so the fact that gays actually exist is a plus for the grift, but not a necessity. The number of gays actually in existence is not relevant. The only thing that matters is the number the rubes can be induced to believe exist.
America needs its boogey-man.
wat

Downingtown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 15, 2011
 

Judged:

4

4

2

Proud to be a bisexual atheist.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 2, 2012
 

Judged:

3

wat wrote:
Proud to be a bisexual atheist.
why not pansexual?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 2, 2012
 

Judged:

6

4

2

wat wrote:
Proud to be a bisexual atheist.
Good for you to have discovered your identity.

Me?

I think I'm a male lesbian... in that I love women, but I also want to be friends with women.

Go figure.

;)

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 2, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you to have discovered your identity.
Me?
I think I'm a male lesbian... in that I love women, but I also want to be friends with women.
Go figure.
;)
You're a Gyne-Xeno-Teleiphilia-Analloer otic?

or

are you a Autogynephile?
Truth

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 2, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Wow, did anybody see the recent study that linked bigotry and conservatism with a low I.Q.? Oh here's a link.

http://my.auburnjournal.com/detail/198971.htm...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 3, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Truth wrote:
Wow, did anybody see the recent study that linked bigotry and conservatism with a low I.Q.? Oh here's a link.
http://my.auburnjournal.com/detail/198971.htm...
That's hardly surprising, really.
Mr Smartypants

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Feb 3, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

So, I take it from the Conservapedia article that if you're a gay Christian, you may as well blow off your religion and become a gay atheist instead. Oh, well...

“ ...just hangin' around ”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Feb 3, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

Gay Christian's blow anybody that will let Em'
Mr Smartypants wrote:
So, I take it from the Conservapedia article that if you're a gay Christian, you may as well blow off your religion and become a gay atheist instead. Oh, well...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Feb 3, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

1

Cpt Jack Sparrow wrote:
Gay Christian's blow anybody that will let Em'<quoted text>
... for a price, of course.

;)
Mr Smartypants

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Feb 3, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

1

Cpt Jack Sparrow wrote:
Gay Christian's blow anybody that will let Em'<quoted text>
"Thy rod and thy staff" indeed!

“ ...just hangin' around ”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Feb 3, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

proud to be strait an a confirmed heathen
wat wrote:
Proud to be a bisexual atheist.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of3,864
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 3 min Patrick 6
Our world came from nothing? 8 min Buck Crick 175
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Buck Crick 224,012
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 1 hr Buck Crick 356
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr Buck Crick 21,375
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 hr Thinking 831
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 5 hr Patrick 1,285
•••
•••