"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really Think"

Jan 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

It is fascinating to note that atheists boast that most scientists are atheists.

Comments
13,141 - 13,160 of 13,514 Comments Last updated Feb 18, 2013

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, shaddap Jimbo.
Sounds like Dave Nelson to me.
humble brother

Vanda, Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Here's a very simple two minute illustration on how Einstein's theory of relativity can be shown to be a logical paradox:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

humble brother wrote:
Here's a very simple two minute illustration on how Einstein's theory of relativity can be shown to be a logical paradox:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Garbage as I have shown many times.
humble brother

Vanda, Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

polymath257 wrote:
Garbage as I have shown many times.
You have shown?:D

Well if you have shown, then you can easily answer a very simple question:

Does Einstein's theory of relativity allow close to the speed of light relative movement without *actual* time dilation of proper times between the two frames in relative movement?

This is a simple yes/no question. I suspect that you can not answer a simple question :)
defender

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>That's a good excuse for not providing any proof of god.
Proof of God?... That's easy!! Go play in the traffic and he'll be with you shortly...
defender

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

MIDutch wrote:
<quoted text>Nope.

Just think it's fun to bait the "fundaMENTALshit christian creotards".
Really?... I'm here Huckleberry... And that's just my game....

“Pope & President”

Since: Aug 12

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

Cosmic evolution is a boon. Certainly since the cosmic god the father worm crawled into space and swallowed up the solar system.
Using our planet for worming. If we hang around long enough were all going to turn Zombie around here anyway.
To Hell with it am gonna buy the biggest and mean ass kicking Nerf for sale and then i am going to join an anti-zombie league, then i am going to have me a bloodbath.

“Pope & President”

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

PARADEIGMA PART I & II ARE COMPLETE AND ARE READY FOR YOU TO READ.
#1K.

“Pope & President”

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

Joan Collins has just bought a seven dick operation. One dick short of Beyonce.
What is happening to the world, and why are all these gay lasbian bitch asses giving their women such a hard time.

Keep it fresh but i demand an answer to this topix.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?... I'm here Huckleberry... And that's just my game....
So who are you ? Superfundietard or something?

“Pope & President”

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Both Science and Religion can be homogenous as both become somehow fused together in experience.
Where Science and Religion are left to fight it out most horribly is not so much over theology where scripture can be reinterpreted to suit Science, but in everyday experience. Where Religion will always have the upper hand is i think encapsulated in the song 'i believe' relevant here are the lyrics 'every time i see a new born baby cry, or touch a leaf or see the sky then i know why, i believe'. Well people are going to be familiar with all of this, its like talking in a subliminal code your emotional feelings and most treasured experiences. Very few of us on the other hand, get the chance to experience Science happen around us whether in a laboratory or in our daily lives. So yes on theology Science is way ahead of Religion, the mere fact that the Religion stands still, and doesn't change all that much has condemned it to a deep failure to compete and keep up with Science on experience.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

08Oct12.....

.....Looks like dis Topic has run its course and is about to be buried.

Of course, its ALL because BobLoblah put in da effort to anniliate the hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists.

Ps:....BobLoblah slays annudder dragon.

BobLoblah Rules.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>The explanation is valid and sh*ts on your assumption that we need to know everything before we are certain of anything.

You have absolutely no valid evidence of your gods and we have lots of evidence of your lies. Go away defeated one.
Go away Skippy

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>That's a good excuse for not providing any proof of god.
Skippy

Do think you will find proof for The existence of God right hear on this thread, here and now?

Wake the FU(K UP!

We don't what you Skippy! so we will not give you the secrete password Skippy! Now go away Skippy!

What a Dolt! Go Gad some where else.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Skippy
Do think you will find proof for The existence of God right hear on this thread, here and now?
Wake the FU(K UP!
We don't what you Skippy! so we will not give you the secrete password Skippy! Now go away Skippy!
What a Dolt! Go Gad some where else.
Evidence, or f*ck off its that simple proven creationist liar.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

humble brother wrote:
<quoted text>
You have shown?:D
Well if you have shown, then you can easily answer a very simple question:
Does Einstein's theory of relativity allow close to the speed of light relative movement without *actual* time dilation of proper times between the two frames in relative movement?
This is a simple yes/no question. I suspect that you can not answer a simple question :)
What do you mean by 'actual' time dilation? In the scenario of your video, the symmetry between the ships is maintained. That is as expected under relativity.
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Skippy
Well, the world has been waiting for THOUSANDS of years and it hasn't been presented yet, so now's as good a time as any ...

Go for it.
humble brother

Vanda, Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

polymath257 wrote:
What do you mean by 'actual' time dilation? In the scenario of your video, the symmetry between the ships is maintained. That is as expected under relativity.
Actual time dilation is observed between GPS satellite clocks and clock on Earth's surface. Real observations show us that the proper times of these clocks actually have different rates due to the natural effect causing time "dilation".

So, can we get a yes from you to the question:
Does Einstein's theory of relativity allow close to the speed of light relative movement between two frames without any time dilation of proper times observed in these two frames?

Just utter the word "yes", we both know that you have no option but to let it rip.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

humble brother wrote:
<quoted text>
Actual time dilation is observed between GPS satellite clocks and clock on Earth's surface. Real observations show us that the proper times of these clocks actually have different rates due to the natural effect causing time "dilation".
So, can we get a yes from you to the question:
Does Einstein's theory of relativity allow close to the speed of light relative movement between two frames without any time dilation of proper times observed in these two frames?
Just utter the word "yes", we both know that you have no option but to let it rip.
For uniform motion, the answer is no.

For non-uniform motion, it is possible that effects cancel out over time.

In your scenario, there is a symmetry between the two ships; each records the same data for their own distance from the station and also the same time dilated results for the distance of the other ship from the station.

Because of symmetry, the dilation effects will cancel for the two ships once they reach the station again. But during the trips, there will be time dilation. The huge accelerations involved in turning around produce the effects needed to give the same results when they meet again.

There are two comments abut your video:
1. This is a trivial thing, but shows your lack of care. When you say the ships travel for one week, you did not say in which reference frame. A week in the station's frame is different than for the moving ships. In your video, you show results for one week in the frames of the moving ships.

2. you seem to think that the recordings of positions and times by the two ships and having them agree disproves relativity. It doesn't. Symmetry guarantees it and relativity predicts it.
humble brother

Vanda, Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

polymath257 wrote:
For uniform motion, the answer is no.
For non-uniform motion, it is possible that effects cancel out over time.
In your scenario, there is a symmetry between the two ships; each records the same data for their own distance from the station and also the same time dilated results for the distance of the other ship from the station.
Because of symmetry, the dilation effects will cancel for the two ships once they reach the station again. But during the trips, there will be time dilation. The huge accelerations involved in turning around produce the effects needed to give the same results when they meet again.
There are two comments abut your video:
1. This is a trivial thing, but shows your lack of care. When you say the ships travel for one week, you did not say in which reference frame. A week in the station's frame is different than for the moving ships. In your video, you show results for one week in the frames of the moving ships.
2. you seem to think that the recordings of positions and times by the two ships and having them agree disproves relativity. It doesn't. Symmetry guarantees it and relativity predicts it.
The ships can only measure their own time, so it is obvious that they travel a week by their own measurement.

Ok. Things are about to get extremely difficult for you.

Two ships travel at uniform velocity 0.9*c (to opposite directions) relative to two markers they have left in space. The gravitational environment is totally uniform. Both ships log their proper times inside the ship when they pass beside each marker they had left.

My claim now is that using the relativistic model you are totally and absolutely unable to calculate what should be the time dilation of proper times between the two ships during their passage between the two markers. You can not calculate the time dilation, you have no prediction whatsoever.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••