First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#21 Sep 17, 2013
"You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers."

~ Terry Pratchett

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#22 Sep 17, 2013
"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was Us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

~ Jingo by Terry Pratchett

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#23 Sep 17, 2013
"Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened."

~ Moving Pictures by Terry Pratchett

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#24 Sep 17, 2013
"All right," said Susan, "I'm not stupid. You're saying humans need... fantasies to make life bearable."

"No." [said Death] "Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meet the rising ape."

"Tooth fairies?" Hogfathers?"

"Yes. As practice. You have to start out learning to believe the little lies."

"So we can believe the big ones?"

"Yes. Justice. Duty. Mercy. That sort of thing."

"They're not the same at all!"

"Really? Then take the universe and grind it down to the finest powder and serve it through the finest sieve and then show me one atom of justice, one molecule of mercy. And yet you act, like there was some sort of Rightness in the Universe by which it may be Judged."

"Yes. But people have got to believe that or what's the point?"

"My point exactly."

~ Hogfather by Terry Pratchett

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#25 Sep 17, 2013
"People on the side of The People always ended up disappointed, in any case. The found that The People tended not to be grateful for appreciative or forward-thinking or obedient. The People tended to be small-minded and conservative and not very clever and were even distrustful of cleverness. And so the children of revolution were forced with the age-old problem: it wasn't that you had the wrong kind of government, which was obvious, but that you had the wrong kind of people."

~ Night Watch by Terry Pratchett

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#26 Sep 17, 2013
"If cats looked like frogs, we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are."

"Style, that's what people remember."

~ Terry Pratchett

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min waaasssuuup 229,898
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr Reason Personified 1,007
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 5 hr I can read 22,981
Islam for peace, or violence? 6 hr Thinking 26
Man center of the universe. 10 hr Thinking 85
Razer and Ben Affleck take on the atheists Fri Thinking 6
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Oct 16 Mikko 1,401

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE