#1 Nov 28, 2008
Elvis Presley - will he be the focus for an emerging religion?
- association with the Sun (records)
- message to the world: generosity, charity, racial harmony, humbleness, sexual freedom, creativity and Don't be Cruel
- many inner circle have expereinced infighting and wrote contradictory books about Elvis
- sacred symbols: guitars, teddy bears, hound dogs, blue suede shoes, scarves
- scarves are like blessings
- impersonators are priests spreading the Elvis gospel
- Graceland is a holy pilgramage place
- winter holiday (Jan 8 - his birthday and close to old xmas)- summer holiday - August 16 - close to harvest end
- stories of healing sick during his life
- after death sightings
- people dress like, have shrines in their homes, hold conventions and more
so, could this be the making of a future religion?
or can we take a lesson from this and think about how other religious leaders/prophets may be been in their lives, versus how they were portrayed after
Since: Oct 07
#2 Dec 23, 2008
Don't forget that like any deity, Elvis is a hunka-hunka burning love....
#3 Dec 23, 2008
this is a different beleif of why Elvis is the real son of the real god
Add your comments below
|Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09)||16 min||NightSerf||13,374|
|"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12)||39 min||Chimney1||31,421|
|Millionaire Entrepreneur Wants to 'Make Atheism...||3 hr||Xstain Mullah Fri...||11|
|Kenya: Atheist Group Tests Boundaries of Religi...||4 hr||emperorjohn||1|
|Why I quit atheism||5 hr||emperorjohn||2|
|Majority of Scots now have no religion||16 hr||par five||10|
|Speaking for God||Sun||Vaginal wall failure||594|
Find what you want!
Search Atheism Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC