Jacoby: Why It's Better to be an Athe...

Jacoby: Why It's Better to be an Atheist in a Foxhole

There are 3 comments on the Irregular Times story from Jan 8, 2013, titled Jacoby: Why It's Better to be an Atheist in a Foxhole. In it, Irregular Times reports that:

In a New York Times article this week, Susan Jacoby counters the frequent claim that "there are no atheists in foxholes," that in the face of suffering and loss religion is a comfort while atheism offers no comfort.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Irregular Times.

Siro

Australia

#1 Jan 17, 2013
Yeah its good to be an atheist in a foxhole....
Good camouflage as a turd can blend into the dirt
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#2 Jan 18, 2013
I can't see you.
Siro wrote:
...a turd can blend into the dirt
Tad aka Siro

Australia

#3 Jan 19, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I can't see you.
<quoted text>
Thats because your fellow maltheists stomped you in the dirt while you were face down.....much like in the bedroom

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 min dollarsbill 247,735
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 2 hr ORIGINAL WILLARD 51
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 3 hr woodtick57 47,893
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 3 hr dollarsbill 12,889
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 4 hr Eagle 12 28
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 22 hr Thinking 2,357
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) Wed macumazahn 20,900
More from around the web