Don't dictate beliefs

Don't dictate beliefs

There are 11178 comments on the The Star Press story from Sep 5, 2012, titled Don't dictate beliefs. In it, The Star Press reports that:

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Star Press.

First Prev
of 559
Next Last

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#11767 Nov 18, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
He rambles a great deal..off the subject.... "Would you take the local sidewalk preacher's words of guarantee"...?
When cornered for having no proof, what can a mindless creationist troll actually say?

Its is usually an insult, off topic or a meaningless question to throw the reader.

Unfortunately none of these tactics have worked for poor Lincoln and his one-man-band of failed converters

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#11768 Nov 18, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
He rambles a great deal..off the subject.... "Would you take the local sidewalk preacher's words of guarantee"...?
When a creationist rambles, he calls it absolute truth, puts its into a book and calls piece of lunatic literature, the bible.

Not content that nobody read or follows this garbage, they try to spam the eartch by contacting hotels and lobbying for buildings where the mindless can carry out their cult activities.
LCNLin

United States

#11769 Nov 18, 2013
:-)

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#11770 Nov 19, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
Read your post, that I responded to, the subject is and was proof..

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#11771 Nov 19, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
When cornered for having no proof, what can a mindless creationist troll actually say?
Its is usually an insult, off topic or a meaningless question to throw the reader.
Unfortunately none of these tactics have worked for poor Lincoln and his one-man-band of failed converters
He is simply an idiot. He has no idea of how to use the English language to insult, or even to question the validity of the posts he responds to. So he very often, ends up looking as if he had no clue to what he has said or even what he is responding to.
FreddyTheHappyFi reman

San Ramon, CA

#11772 Nov 19, 2013
Ruby Dawson wrote:
A significant part of the Christian belief is to share the gospel they believe in, while recognizing that it is each person's decision to accept it or not. Because of this, they are frequently accused of trying to shove their belief down everyone's throat. From reading debates between atheists and Christians in various forums, it is obvious to me that it is the atheists who are united against Christians and express it through vile language, belittling God, making reference to "pink unicorns" and every other conceivable manner of disrespect for Christian beliefs. If there was ever a group of people who tried to dictate their beliefs, it would be atheists.
I see these insults too. But the teaching that atheists burn in hell for eternity is an insult far more hateful and evil than anything an atheist has ever said here.

And this horrible and evil insult from the so called Christian community to all those outside of it is a given. It doesn't need to be spoken to be the insult that it is.

and talk about dictating beliefs! Believe as I do or be damned for all eternity is about as dictatorial as you can get!

(when the church controlled the state the fires of hell started before the heathen was even dead!)
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#11773 Nov 19, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't hear you over your lies about god being real.
Prove your god first, then your ignorant whining will get more respect.
God is very real and alive on earth today. She already made an appearance thirty years ago, and is getting ready to make a second appearance. VWD Day, or the first day of the Lord could occur at any time now. It stands for Vengeance, Wrath, and Destruction. The enemies of God will burst into flames. Psalm 37:20 and 97:3. This will be the first judgment by fire and there will be two more. Blasphemy is considered a sin against Gods person. God will purge the earth by the spirit of burning. Fire is a symbol of holiness.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#11774 Nov 19, 2013
FreddyTheHappyFireman wrote:
<quoted text>
I see these insults too. But the teaching that atheists burn in hell for eternity is an insult far more hateful and evil than anything an atheist has ever said here.
And this horrible and evil insult from the so called Christian community to all those outside of it is a given. It doesn't need to be spoken to be the insult that it is.
and talk about dictating beliefs! Believe as I do or be damned for all eternity is about as dictatorial as you can get!
(when the church controlled the state the fires of hell started before the heathen was even dead!)
There is no fire in hell. Fire is the mechanism by which you get to hell. You don't burn, you rot. Hell is darkness and freezing cold, it is also solitary confinement. It is also not forever, eventually your spirit will be snuffed out (drowned) and you will cease to exist.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#11775 Nov 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>God is very real and alive on earth today. She already made an appearance thirty years ago, and is getting ready to make a second appearance. VWD Day, or the first day of the Lord could occur at any time now. It stands for Vengeance, Wrath, and Destruction. The enemies of God will burst into flames. Psalm 37:20 and 97:3. This will be the first judgment by fire and there will be two more. Blasphemy is considered a sin against Gods person. God will purge the earth by the spirit of burning. Fire is a symbol of holiness.
You are completely psychotic.

Location hidden

#11776 Nov 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>There is no fire in hell. Fire is the mechanism by which you get to hell. You don't burn, you rot. Hell is darkness and freezing cold, it is also solitary confinement. It is also not forever, eventually your spirit will be snuffed out (drowned) and you will cease to exist.
Please seek psychiatric help.
FreddyTheHappyFi reman

San Ramon, CA

#11777 Nov 20, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>There is no fire in hell. Fire is the mechanism by which you get to hell. You don't burn, you rot. Hell is darkness and freezing cold, it is also solitary confinement. It is also not forever, eventually your spirit will be snuffed out (drowned) and you will cease to exist.
You contradict and insult GOD. There is no hell. Hell is a creation of men.

We are all made in GOD's image just as it states in Genesis 1:27 :

Genesis 1:27 (New International Version,©2010)

"27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them. "

Conditional love is the tool of despots that have been controlling humanity for centuries. The hellfire doctrine is the most insane concept that has been come up with yet to control the masses with fear of GOD and fear of each other.

Your idea of hell is just as goofy and hateful as the ideas of the Christians and is based on fragmented thinking.

Don't keep feeding the insanity!

GOD is LOVE. LOVE does not destroy people. LOVE nurtures people.
FreddyTheFriendl yFireman

San Ramon, CA

#11780 Nov 20, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right, cover up your cults hate, and lie about what your cult believes about atheists to convert them through lies - thats all creationist liars are good for...
The thread concerns the statement "Don't dictate beliefs"

The word "GOD" is just that, a word. I go with the definition "GOD is LOVE". I don't think LOVE can be defined but it can be experienced. Try to recall your early childhood if you can.

The word "GOD" seems to push an emotional button with you.

I don't think the word "GOD" means the same to you as it does to me.

Lighten up.

A true atheist would not be afraid of a word. Your hate is just a mask for your fear of the god of your childhood that you can't let go of.

Face your fear. The lies you accuse me of are in your own head.

AND DON'T DICTATE TO ME WHAT AN ATHEIST IS Bozo!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#11781 Nov 27, 2013
FreddyTheFriendlyFireman wrote:
<quoted text>The thread concerns the statement "Don't dictate beliefs"

The word "GOD" is just that, a word. I go with the definition "GOD is LOVE". I don't think LOVE can be defined but it can be experienced. Try to recall your early childhood if you can.

Lighten up.

A true atheist would not be afraid of a word. Your hate is just a mask for your fear of the god of your childhood that you can't let go of.

If you choose to replace the word "love" with "god", you should be prepared to deal with all the baggage that goes with it.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#11782 Jan 18, 2014
FreddyTheFriendlyFireman wrote:
<quoted text>
The thread concerns the statement "Don't dictate beliefs"
Lighten up.
one cannot hate a mythical being.

The christian doctrine is a failed moral system representing a non-existent god, the cult preaches xenophobia, and promotes hate, it is worthy of only derision.
Patrick n Angela
#11783 Mar 23, 2015
Of interest to many..

God not so dead: Atheism in decline worldwide

Gurat, France – There seems to be a growing consensus around the globe that godlessness is in trouble.

“Atheism as a theoretical position is in decline worldwide,” Munich theologian Wolfhart Pannenberg told United Press International Tuesday.

His Oxford colleague Alister McGrath agrees. Atheism’s “future seems increasingly to lie in the private beliefs of individuals rather than in the great public domain it once regarded as its habitat,” he wrote in the U.S. magazine, Christianity Today.

Two developments are plaguing atheism these days. One is that it appears to be losing its scientific underpinnings. The other is the historical experience of hundreds of millions of people worldwide that atheists are in no position to claim the moral high ground.

Writes Turkish philosopher Harun Yahya,“Atheism, which people have tried to for hundreds of years as ‘the ways of reason and science,’ is proving to be mere irrationality and ignorance.”

As British philosopher Anthony Flew, once as hard-nosed a humanist as any, mused when turning his back on his former belief: It is, for example, impossible for evolution to account for the fact than one single cell can carry more data than all the volumes of the Encyclopedia Britannica put together.

Flew still does not accept the God of the Bible. But he has embraced the intelligent design concept of scholars such as William Dembski who only four years ago claimed to have been mobbed by pro-evolutionist colleagues at – of all places – Baylor University, a highly respected Southern Baptist institution in Waco, Tex.

The stunning desertion of a former intellectual ambassador of secular humanism to the belief in some form of intelligence behind the design of the universe makes Yahya’s prediction sound probable:“The time is fast approaching when many people who are living in ignorance with no knowledge of their Creator will be graced by faith in the impending post-atheist world.”

A few years ago, European scientists sniggered when studies in the United States – for example, at Harvard and Duke universities – showed a correlation between faith, prayer and recovery from illness. Now 1,200 studies at research centers around the world have come to similar conclusions, according to “Psychologie Heute,” a German journal, citing, for example, the marked improvement of multiple sclerosis patients in Germany’s Ruhr District due to “spiritual resources.”

Atheism’s other Achilles heel are the acts on inhumanity and lunacy committed in its name. As McGrath relates in Christianity Today:“With time (atheism) turned out to have just as many frauds, psychopaths, and careerists as religion does.... With Stalin and Madalyn Murray O’Hair, atheism seems to have ended up mimicking the vices of the Spanish Inquisition and the worst televangelists, respectively.”

http://www.simpletoremember.com/articles/a/at...
Thinking

Walton, UK

#11784 Mar 23, 2015
Religion is also dying on its arse over here.

Only 25% of young adults believe in god.
44% of young adults neither believe in god nor woo.

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2013/06/24/british-...
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
one cannot hate a mythical being.
The christian doctrine is a failed moral system representing a non-existent god, the cult preaches xenophobia, and promotes hate, it is worthy of only derision.

Location hidden

#11785 Mar 23, 2015
Patrick n Angela wrote:
Of interest to many..
God not so dead: Atheism in decline worldwide
Gurat, France – There seems to be a growing consensus around the globe that godlessness is in trouble.
“Atheism as a theoretical position is in decline worldwide,” Munich theologian Wolfhart Pannenberg told United Press International Tuesday.
His Oxford colleague Alister McGrath agrees. Atheism’s “future seems increasingly to lie in the private beliefs of individuals rather than in the great public domain it once regarded as its habitat,” he wrote in the U.S. magazine, Christianity Today.
Two developments are plaguing atheism these days. One is that it appears to be losing its scientific underpinnings. The other is the historical experience of hundreds of millions of people worldwide that atheists are in no position to claim the moral high ground.
Writes Turkish philosopher Harun Yahya,“Atheism, which people have tried to for hundreds of years as ‘the ways of reason and science,’ is proving to be mere irrationality and ignorance.”
As British philosopher Anthony Flew, once as hard-nosed a humanist as any, mused when turning his back on his former belief: It is, for example, impossible for evolution to account for the fact than one single cell can carry more data than all the volumes of the Encyclopedia Britannica put together.
Flew still does not accept the God of the Bible. But he has embraced the intelligent design concept of scholars such as William Dembski who only four years ago claimed to have been mobbed by pro-evolutionist colleagues at – of all places – Baylor University, a highly respected Southern Baptist institution in Waco, Tex.
The stunning desertion of a former intellectual ambassador of secular humanism to the belief in some form of intelligence behind the design of the universe makes Yahya’s prediction sound probable:“The time is fast approaching when many people who are living in ignorance with no knowledge of their Creator will be graced by faith in the impending post-atheist world.”
A few years ago, European scientists sniggered when studies in the United States – for example, at Harvard and Duke universities – showed a correlation between faith, prayer and recovery from illness. Now 1,200 studies at research centers around the world have come to similar conclusions, according to “Psychologie Heute,” a German journal, citing, for example, the marked improvement of multiple sclerosis patients in Germany’s Ruhr District due to “spiritual resources.”
Atheism’s other Achilles heel are the acts on inhumanity and lunacy committed in its name. As McGrath relates in Christianity Today:“With time (atheism) turned out to have just as many frauds, psychopaths, and careerists as religion does.... With Stalin and Madalyn Murray O’Hair, atheism seems to have ended up mimicking the vices of the Spanish Inquisition and the worst televangelists, respectively.”
http://www.simpletoremember.com/articles/a/at...
An opinion piece from a religious website.

Hmmm…yeah…no agenda there.
Thinking

Walton, UK

#11786 Mar 23, 2015
I don't think pratprick reads very well. He's included a quote from convicted fraud and holocaust denier Harun Yahya. He published an anti-Evolution textbook that included a stolen picture of a fishing lure thinking it was a real insect. The islamotard.
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
An opinion piece from a religious website.
Hmmm…yeah…no agenda there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 559
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 2 min -Stray Dog 47,751
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 19 min thetruth 12,419
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 27 min thetruth 247,220
Proof of God for the Atheist 3 hr thetruth 94
Atheism and Evidence of the Exodus 16 hr Amused 25
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 17 hr Amused 15
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 19 hr thetruth 2,352
More from around the web