Don't dictate beliefs

Don't dictate beliefs

There are 11177 comments on the The Star Press story from Sep 5, 2012, titled Don't dictate beliefs. In it, The Star Press reports that:

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Star Press.

Thinking

Cullompton, UK

#11671 Feb 13, 2013
jesus wasn't just a bit camp.

www.smellyourmum.com/images/jesusgay.jpg
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I refuse to watch either one since both movies were made by idiots. Now Jesus Camp , I think that was the name of it, was truly horrifying.
Thinking

Cullompton, UK

#11672 Feb 13, 2013
I thought so, I saw that in a programme on Channel 4.

Dawkins gets to make quite a few documentaries over here. They're honestly argued and have decent production values. He doesn't alter or edit the contributions of unbelievers unfairly. You get to make your own mind up.
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. They were both misrepresented in the movie as well.
Thinking

Cullompton, UK

#11673 Feb 13, 2013
Thanks- and Expelled has now made it to a stultifying 11% at Rotten Tomatoes vs 69% for Religulous.

They obviously got the party faithful out early... spread out fundies, try and look like there's more of you...
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
And to put that into perspective --
"Expelled" Tanks at the Box Office After Big Start
" http://ncse.com/rncse/28/5-6/expelled-tanks-a... ;

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#11674 Feb 13, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Thanks- and Expelled has now made it to a stultifying 11% at Rotten Tomatoes vs 69% for Religulous.
They obviously got the party faithful out early... spread out fundies, try and look like there's more of you...
<quoted text>
But Expelled was an excellent comedy, it was in the spirit of Dumb and Dumberer.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#11676 Feb 13, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I haven't seen Religulous, mainly because I thought it would be chock full of ugly people like you.
TSk. TSK. Not very open minded of you.
Thinking wrote:
I made no comment on quality. Taste is subjective, anyway.
bb said Religulous was a flop.
Based on the information provided, it was a tasteless flop.
Thinking wrote:
I stated it grossed $13.5m vs $2.5m budget and that it was the highest grossing documentary of 2008.
And I provided a link showing that it wasn't. Post #116828. You didn't bother to read that one either, did you?
Thinking wrote:
I didn't claim Religulous was one of the most profitable films ever so I didn't click on your link because it adds nothing.
You're lying for jesus again...
www.youtube.com/watch...
<quoted text>
In truth, you are doing what all atheists do when backed in a corner, you LIE to save face.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#11677 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
In truth, you are doing what all atheists do when backed in a corner, you LIE to save face.
Says the proven liar with no proof of god.

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#11678 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>I heard gimmelunacy never finished the last marathon he entered. He tripped over his huge Johnson, plowed into the asphalt face first causing a severe concussion. As a consolation prize, marathon officials gave him a helmet.
Lol. Very good!

I heard he's still wares it daily.
Maybe he doesn't know how to take it off? LOL
Thinking

Cullompton, UK

#11679 Feb 13, 2013
F**k off, cuntface.

You lied for jeebus, again.

I didn't.
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
TSk. TSK. Not very open minded of you.
<quoted text>
Based on the information provided, it was a tasteless flop.
<quoted text>
And I provided a link showing that it wasn't. Post #116828. You didn't bother to read that one either, did you?
<quoted text>
In truth, you are doing what all atheists do when backed in a corner, you LIE to save face.

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#11680 Feb 13, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>F**k off, cuntface.

You lied for jeebus, again.

I didn't.
Hey "Not thinking"

Try using real words In an adult manner rather then this childish crap you post daily. You might come up with something coherent just once!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#11681 Feb 14, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey "Not thinking"
Try using real words In an adult manner rather then this childish crap you post daily. You might come up with something coherent just once!
You're a creationist sh*thead with no morals.
Thinking

Cullompton, UK

#11682 Feb 14, 2013
Is that all you've got? I'll stick to truth (google it) and addressing you any way I see fit.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey "Not thinking"
Try using real words In an adult manner rather then this childish crap you post daily. You might come up with something coherent just once!

Since: Mar 11

United States

#11683 Feb 14, 2013
Top 15 greatest American documentaries ever, profitable in theaters and DVD sales. How is this a flop again? Oh because a Christian website said so! Lmfao! Anything else I can humiliate you on oh best argument for partial birth abortion?

It's ok go pray with your preacher and maybe he can show you where Bill's Mom died! His hahahaha catholic mom!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
TSk. TSK. Not very open minded of you.
<quoted text>
Based on the information provided, it was a tasteless flop.
<quoted text>
And I provided a link showing that it wasn't. Post #116828. You didn't bother to read that one either, did you?
<quoted text>
In truth, you are doing what all atheists do when backed in a corner, you LIE to save face.

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#11684 Feb 14, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>You're a creationist sh*thead with no morals.
Hey "Septic"
Try using real words In an adult manner rather then this childish crap you post daily. You might come up with something coherent just once!

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#11685 Feb 14, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Is that all you've got? I'll stick to truth (google it) and addressing you any way I see fit.
I guess that's all I got. You win cuss face. Lol.

What a fool.
seqleq

Monessen, PA

#11686 Feb 14, 2013
Thinking

Cullompton, UK

#11687 Feb 15, 2013
Indeed you are.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess that's all I got. You win cuss face. Lol.
What a fool.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#11688 Feb 15, 2013
   
“Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking;”
 Leo Nikolaevich Tolstoy quotes
Thinking

Cullompton, UK

#11689 Feb 15, 2013
As Tolstoy was a pacifist and believer in non-violent protest, I don't think many gun advocates would be able to accept him into their churches.
Lil Ticked wrote:
   
“Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking;”
 Leo Nikolaevich Tolstoy quotes

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#11690 Feb 15, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed you the greatest.
Yes I know.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#11691 Feb 15, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey "Septic"
Try using real words In an adult manner rather then this childish crap you post daily. You might come up with something coherent just once!
This is coming from the child with no proof of god, lying away hoping someone will catch the breeze.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 5 min JustASkeptic 8
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 17 min Aura Mytha 48,498
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr scientia potentia... 23,492
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 21,866
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sat Eagle 12 258,039
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Sat Eagle 12 4,907
Why you need to make sure you are saved before ... Fri Scaritual 14
More from around the web