Don't dictate beliefs

Don't dictate beliefs

There are 11177 comments on the The Star Press story from Sep 5, 2012, titled Don't dictate beliefs. In it, The Star Press reports that:

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Star Press.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#11651 Feb 12, 2013
It was awesome in the theaters! How can you not laugh at say that trucker church with the guy singing loudly into a megaphone and has the worst voice possible.

Plus when Bill tells them, but hey you guys are smart so why is blind faith a good thing?

Laughing about non stop.

How about the guy who says, well the bible doesn't say this but it means to say this.

:))
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Religulous was great.
I saw it in the theater. The audience gave it a standing ovation.
I've watched it twice more on Netflix.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#11652 Feb 12, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I have already proven you a lying cu*t.
Religulous' box office:$13.5m vs.$2.5m budget.
An American Carol's box office:$7m vs.$20m budget.
And your link agrees with me.
<quoted text>
You did nothing but prove your willingness to defend a low budget disaster based on profit alone.

Location hidden

#11653 Feb 12, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Religulous was great.
I saw it in the theater. The audience gave it a standing ovation.
I've watched it twice more on Netflix.
I saw it too, and once was enough. I expected something intelligent...food for thought at least, but the film wasn't informative or even educational. Maher purposely avoided serious questions about the origin and destiny of humankind preferring instead to target inarticulare religious extremists to make himself look good.

The movie was one long endless sneer with Maher constantly interrupting the people he interviewed. He even made fun of his late Catholic mother for cripes sake! To her credit, she wasn't impressed with his irreverent blather, probably because she heard it one time too many. If Maher accomplished anything with his low budget whine, it was to showcase the intolerance of his own disbelief.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#11654 Feb 12, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction. It is evil to the authors of evilbible.com .
It seems the Bible needs a lot of corrections. It always makes me laugh how religionists try to escape from what the Bible actually says.
Religion = superstition
Thinking

Cullompton, UK

#11655 Feb 12, 2013
I've missed out on seeing Religulous and Expelled. Didn't the latter expel PZ but allow Dawkins in due to fundie error? And hadn't both been officially invited?
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
And to put that into perspective --
"Expelled" Tanks at the Box Office After Big Start
" http://ncse.com/rncse/28/5-6/expelled-tanks-a... ;
Thinking

Cullompton, UK

#11656 Feb 12, 2013
No. I made you look like a cu*t using facts.
Liars like you hate facts.
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
You did nothing but prove your willingness to defend a low budget disaster based on profit alone.
insidesecrets

Santa Fe, NM

#11657 Feb 12, 2013
Thinking wrote:
No. I made you look like a cu*t using facts.
Liars like you hate facts.
<quoted text>
The only fact you established is that you don't know the difference between a good film and bad one. But since profit is the criteria you use to determine the merit of a film, Maher's disaster didn't even make the list of the 10 most profitable low budget movies of all time. LOL!

http://www.businesspundit.com/10-most-profita...

Location hidden

#11658 Feb 12, 2013
insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
The only fact you established is that you don't know the difference between a good film and bad one. But since profit is the criteria you use to determine the merit of a film, Maher's disaster didn't even make the list of the 10 most profitable low budget movies of all time. LOL!
To quote gimmelunacy.....Bawhahaahaahaa ahaahaahaaa!

Scottsburg, IN

#11659 Feb 12, 2013
You have just shown you have not seen te movie but read a review from a Christhole apologetic site.

Wow you really fcked up bad here! Really bad!
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw it too, and once was enough. I expected something intelligent...food for thought at least, but the film wasn't informative or even educational. Maher purposely avoided serious questions about the origin and destiny of humankind preferring instead to target inarticulare religious extremists to make himself look good.
The movie was one long endless sneer with Maher constantly interrupting the people he interviewed. He even made fun of his late Catholic mother for cripes sake! To her credit, she wasn't impressed with his irreverent blather, probably because she heard it one time too many. If Maher accomplished anything with his low budget whine, it was to showcase the intolerance of his own disbelief.

Scottsburg, IN

#11660 Feb 12, 2013
Are you seriously comparing fiction entertainment movie Box Office takes to a documentary?

That IQ of your's keeps dropping. You bee eating your god-stuff like Ezekiel?

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha hahahahahahahaha!!!
insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#11661 Feb 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Are you seriously comparing fiction entertainment movie Box Office takes to a documentary?
That IQ of your's keeps dropping. You bee eating your god-stuff like Ezekiel?
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha hahahahahahahaha!!!
<quoted text>
Tip: In order for you to insult me, I'd have to value your opinion.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#11662 Feb 12, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I've missed out on seeing Religulous and Expelled. Didn't the latter expel PZ but allow Dawkins in due to fundie error? And hadn't both been officially invited?
<quoted text>
Yep. They were both misrepresented in the movie as well.

United States

#11663 Feb 12, 2013
Hmmm I laugh at inside secrets and you respond that I was insulting you.

Forget to switch screen names again chumpstain?

Hey tell us again about Bill Maher's Catholic Mom!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!

Who died?

And Bill disrespected and was rude to her in his movie?

Now double check what screen name you are using before posting ok?

BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Tip: In order for you to insult me, I'd have to value your opinion.

Location hidden

#11664 Feb 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Hmmm I laugh at inside secrets and you respond that I was insulting you.
Forget to switch screen names again chumpstain?
Hey tell us again about Bill Maher's Catholic Mom!
Who died?
And Bill disrespected and was rude to her in his movie?
Now double check what screen name you are using before posting ok?
<quoted text>
Just because you troll under different aliases doesn't mean everybody does, chinballs.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#11665 Feb 12, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
I refuse to watch either one since both movies were made by idiots. Now Jesus Camp , I think that was the name of it, was truly horrifying.

United States

#11666 Feb 12, 2013
What other screen name do I use, tardfuck?

You were caught using the inside secrets screen name. Sorry but you messed up.

Speaking of which tell us again about Maher's catholic Mom? Who uh died? And oh how Bill was rude to during the interview?

You never even saw the movie that is painfully obvious.

You are indeed the strongest argument for late term abortions.
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you troll under different aliases doesn't mean everybody does, chinballs.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#11667 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
I am saying that as long as you insist on clinging to your limited perceptions, that's all you will perceive.
Alright, explain how my "perception is limited" please.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#11668 Feb 13, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, "budget disaster" and "profitable" are contradictory. If there is a profit, it is not a "budget disaster."

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#11669 Feb 13, 2013
insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
You just demonstrated that you don't understand how economics works. A million dollars back when Night of the Living Dead was made would have you set for life, today ... you'll make it a year at most. Sheesh.
Thinking

Cullompton, UK

#11670 Feb 13, 2013
I haven't seen Religulous, mainly because I thought it would be chock full of ugly people like you.

I made no comment on quality. Taste is subjective, anyway.

bb said Religulous was a flop.
I stated it grossed $13.5m vs $2.5m budget and that it was the highest grossing documentary of 2008.

I didn't claim Religulous was one of the most profitable films ever so I didn't click on your link because it adds nothing.

You're lying for jesus again...

www.youtube.com/watch...
insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is of greater value for humanity: Chrisita... 2 hr Thinking 422
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Chimney1 45,433
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr It aint necessari... 20,232
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) 4 hr Big girl 539
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 4 hr Big girl 9,503
News Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns (Sep '14) 9 hr ATHEOI 420
News Atheist Rev. Gretta Vosper should be terminated... 9 hr ATHEOI 5
More from around the web