Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 Full story: The Star Press 11,175

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Full Story

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#11540 Feb 8, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just the kind of mindless idiot religion needs to stay in business.
I'm not religious. I'm anti-atheist.

Location hidden

#11541 Feb 8, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Dishonest bigot?
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#11542 Feb 8, 2013
Why?
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#11543 Feb 8, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Dishonest bigot?
If I don't allow preachers or scientists to tell me how to live my life, why should I give that priviledge to an atheist?

Location hidden

#11544 Feb 8, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Why?
<quoted text>
Simple. Atheist's practice the same intolerance, hate and bigotry they claim religion does.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#11545 Feb 8, 2013
insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
If science did not feel a need to destroy nature in order to understand it, then it would not feel compelled to kill anything hoping to discover reasons for human diseases. Common sense dictates that if you want to know what human health is all about, you begin by studying humans who are healthy. Better to endeavor to understand the dynamics of being, the mind-body relationship then to destroy life.
Draining swamps, cutting down entire forests, degrading the landscape with strip mining, polluting the atmosphere, waterways and soil with toxic chemicals, and pushing species out of their natural habitats among other destruction, would not be necessary if human over population and gluttony weren't completely ignored.
Modern humankind unchecked is like a plague of locusts devouring everything in its path. Aside from reducing our numbers, we need to recover, and reclaim much more of the American wilderness. About 50% would be a fair and reasonable compromise. We have yielded too much too easily. It is time to start shoving cement, iron and machinery in the opposite direction before the entire nation, before the whole planet, becomes one steaming, stinking overcrowded high-tech ghetto.
So you are saying that killing a bacterium to cure a disease is immoral? Because, yes, bacteria do cause disease.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#11546 Feb 8, 2013
insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't take prescribed medication. What you THINK can literally make you sick and can also make you well. What you THINK can have a greater influence on the outcome of an illness then the medication you take.
It is environmental groups, people who care about the earth who are pressuring science to find non-destructive, less aggressive, more benign sustainable ways to meet the exorbitant demands overpopulation creates.
If you get bitten by a mosquito with malaria, what you *think* will be irrelevant. You are simply benefiting from the fact that disease is a LOT less common now than it was 100 years ago. And *that* is due to science.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#11547 Feb 8, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Pssst...these idiots haven't figured out that science kills more often than it cures.
Look at child mortality statistics from 100 years ago and make that same claim.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#11548 Feb 8, 2013
Every single post that bigot has made he has done so on the atheism forum. He is obviously one of our Christhole trolls who changed his screen name after being humiliated so many times on his old screen name.

I swear these Fundies change their screen names more than a cheerleader changes her clothes during basketball season.
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: Mar 11

United States

#11549 Feb 8, 2013
So you admit you are bigoted towards people who do no believe in god. Sounds religious to me. No surprise there as you celebrate the states where atheists can not run for office.

Not so long ago we had bigots like you celebrating minorities not being able to vote let alone run for office. Or women not being able to vote or run for office.
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#11550 Feb 8, 2013
Why the possessive? Did you omit a word?
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple. Atheist's practice the same intolerance, hate and bigotry they claim religion does.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#11551 Feb 8, 2013
In case you've not see this already, it's a great teaching tool.

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00cgkfk
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#11552 Feb 8, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that killing a bacterium to cure a disease is immoral? Because, yes, bacteria do cause disease.
It's an excercise in futility. Killing bacteria doesn't cure disease.

Location hidden

#11553 Feb 8, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Every single post that bigot has made he has done so on the atheism forum. He is obviously one of our Christhole trolls who changed his screen name after being humiliated so many times on his old screen name.
I swear these Fundies change their screen names more than a cheerleader changes her clothes during basketball season.
<quoted text>
Who are you kidding! You have more identities than Imelda Marcus had shoes! LOL! There is no mistaking your trademark (BHAAAAAAAAA) or your bigoted style. Ranting like a drama queen under different aliases about some fictitious war with woo practitioners doesn't make you right, it makes you an intolerant flamer.

Location hidden

#11554 Feb 8, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
More than likely medical propaganda. List your sources.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#11555 Feb 8, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
More than likely medical propaganda. List your sources.
Why not go find your own sources? Afraid you won't like the answer?
insidesecrets

Albuquerque, NM

#11556 Feb 8, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you get bitten by a mosquito with malaria, what you *think* will be irrelevant.
By the same token, when children are injured or killed by vaccinations, the medical hype touting the benefits of this practice is of no consequence to their parents
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>You are simply benefiting from the fact that disease is a LOT less common now than it was 100 years ago. And *that* is due to science.
What diseases specifically? Cancer, heart disease, stroke, respiratory diseases (COPD), and diabetes have all increased over the last 100 years.

Our digestive system is filled with millons of bacteria that provide crucial assistance in digesting food. The problem with science's solution (antibiotics) is that is kills bacteria indiscrimately both good and bad, causing a host of other problems. Subsequently, there are many new diseases and threats to human health due to science's interference with biological processes it doesn't understand.

"Antimicrobial resistance is not a new problem, but it has worsened dramatically in the last decade. During that time, the pace of development of new antimicrobials has slowed down while the prevalence of resistance has grown at an alarming rate. The increase in the number of drug-resistant bacteria is no longer matched by a parallel expansion in the arsenal of agents used to treat infections.

In this situation, doctors and their patients are more and more helpless. All age groups are affected. The elderly, the very young, the chronically ill and people whose natural defences are weakened by disease or medical treatment such as surgery are at greater risk of drug-resistant infections, but healthy people in the prime of life can also be attacked. Resistance to antibiotics and other drugs means that people with infections are ill for longer periods, and are at greater risk of dying, and that disease epidemics are prolonged.

Staphylococci, which can contribute to skin infections, endocarditis, osteomyelitis, food poisoning and other serious disorders, have developed resistance to all antibiotics except vancomycin. If vancomycin-resistant strains were to emerge, some of the most prevalent hospital-acquired infections would become virtually untreatable."

http://www.twnside.org.sg/title/dise-cn.htm

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#11557 Feb 8, 2013
insidesecrets wrote:
<quoted text>
By the same token, when children are injured or killed by vaccinations, the medical hype touting the benefits of this practice is of no consequence to their parents
<quoted text>
What diseases specifically? Cancer, heart disease, stroke, respiratory diseases (COPD), and diabetes have all increased over the last 100 years.
Our digestive system is filled with millons of bacteria that provide crucial assistance in digesting food. The problem with science's solution (antibiotics) is that is kills bacteria indiscrimately both good and bad, causing a host of other problems. Subsequently, there are many new diseases and threats to human health due to science's interference with biological processes it doesn't understand.
"Antimicrobial resistance is not a new problem, but it has worsened dramatically in the last decade. During that time, the pace of development of new antimicrobials has slowed down while the prevalence of resistance has grown at an alarming rate. The increase in the number of drug-resistant bacteria is no longer matched by a parallel expansion in the arsenal of agents used to treat infections.
In this situation, doctors and their patients are more and more helpless. All age groups are affected. The elderly, the very young, the chronically ill and people whose natural defences are weakened by disease or medical treatment such as surgery are at greater risk of drug-resistant infections, but healthy people in the prime of life can also be attacked. Resistance to antibiotics and other drugs means that people with infections are ill for longer periods, and are at greater risk of dying, and that disease epidemics are prolonged.
Staphylococci, which can contribute to skin infections, endocarditis, osteomyelitis, food poisoning and other serious disorders, have developed resistance to all antibiotics except vancomycin. If vancomycin-resistant strains were to emerge, some of the most prevalent hospital-acquired infections would become virtually untreatable."
http://www.twnside.org.sg/title/dise-cn.htm
There's no such thing as god. Just give up.

We all know how this plays out. Everyone ends up taking apart your creationist propoganda and makes you look like a fool - then you attack the atheists and call them names.

Just go back to your cult, ask them why they can't prove god even though they've had centuries to do it, and do something with your life.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#11558 Feb 8, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean you're a d*ck. Just use the correct word.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#11559 Feb 8, 2013
Did someone let a mosquito in the room?

I hear that faint annoying little buzzing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr ChristineM 5,952
The Perils of Belief 3 hr P_Smith 1
Pastor who gave up God for a year after getting... 3 hr P_Smith 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr Richardfs 233,181
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 5 hr Morse 23,268
Evidence for God! 5 hr Morse 373
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 14 hr RayOne 2,621
More from around the web