Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments (Page 545)

Showing posts 10,881 - 10,900 of11,195
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but show me and the world the new DNA created in nature.( there is none documented to date )
Are you really that stupid. "New World" DNA cannot occur naturally, it comes from evolved DNA, primitive or "Old World" DNA, and is the result of natural selection.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a point where the shade of blue stops and the shade of green starts.
Wrong. Blue and green are rather vague concepts, so there is certainly NOT a single point where things are blue on one side and green on the other.
Say you are ten feet from a brick wall and every second to move half way to the wall. When do to touch the wall?
We aren't talking about walls or Zeno's paradoxes. We are talking about things like species and colors which have fuzzy boundaries.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong. Blue and green are rather vague concepts, so there is certainly NOT a single point where things are blue on one side and green on the other.

[QUOTE]Say you are ten feet from a brick wall and every second to move half way to the wall. When do to touch the wall?
"

We aren't talking about walls or Zeno's paradoxes. We are talking about things like species and colors which have fuzzy boundaries.
See:

http://i.imgur.com/xWpvw.jpg

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
See:
The last letter is red, where's the blue in there?

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
See:
A very nice link.

OK, KJV....where *exactly* did the letters in that link stop being red? What *exact* letter was the first blue one?
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong. Blue and green are rather vague concepts, so there is certainly NOT a single point where things are blue on one side and green on the other.

[QUOTE]Say you are ten feet from a brick wall and every second to move half way to the wall. When do to touch the wall?
"

That's not to say an actual line is not there. It just that no one is willing to draw it. There is a point where one kind is not the same as its parents on a evolution time line to say.
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>A very nice link.

OK, KJV....where *exactly* did the letters in that link stop being red? What *exact* letter was the first blue one?
The word "Post"

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"New World" DNA cannot occur naturally"
But it must have, for us to be here right?
Some where in nature new DNA was getting created all over the place for all those different life forms that once lived and live today both plant and animal to have evolved from one life source.
Gah, you really are stupid. Did you only read part of what I posted and ran with it? Finish reading it, it was one of my shorter posts too. Lazy bum.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
The word "Post"
Nope, that's 7d1c51, or in other words, 125 red, 28 green, and 81 blue. Each number is out of 255.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a point where the shade of blue stops and the shade of green starts.
Say you are ten feet from a brick wall and every second to move half way to the wall. When do to touch the wall?
WHERE is this "not blue" green and "not green" blue missing link?

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not to say an actual line is not there. It just that no one is willing to draw it. There is a point where one kind is not the same as its parents on a evolution time line to say.
NO, there is no such point.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Isn't it sad that believers work so hard to remain enslaved to delusion and superstition? I supposed they are comforted by those chains that bind them.

Silly sheep scared to jump that tiny fence to freedom.
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
The word "Post"
That seems rather arbitrary to me. Why that particular word and not the one before or after it?
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Do you have a real life example of this behaviour?
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Christianity sounds like a mafia religion to me. Like how the mafia boss says, you don't want someone to cut your hand off right? Well best pay up because I would hate for my guy to have to rough you up, it's your choice though.
Lol! And this system is what they call enlightenment?!
<quoted text>
And your hero Richard Dawkins is somehow different? His militant attitude, monotone emotionless visage, and relentless self-promotion makes him the Osama bin Laden of atheism.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
And your hero Richard Dawkins is somehow different? His militant attitude, monotone emotionless visage, and relentless self-promotion makes him the Osama bin Laden of atheism.
Rather lame ad hom. I guess Roosevelt was correct, small minds talk about people.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet these personal characteristics you bestow on Dawkins can be found in thousands of pastors and tele-evangelists.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet these personal characteristics you bestow on Dawkins can be found in thousands of pastors and tele-evangelists.
Debating religion is fun.
Tends to run in circles with people getting angry
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

You do realise that Dawkins has a christmas tree and wishes people "Merry christmas" whereas when I'm in the US I often hear christians saying all this mealy mouthed "happy holidays" BS?

Grow up.
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 10,881 - 10,900 of11,195
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••