Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 Full story: The Star Press 11,175

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Full Story
KJV

United States

#11199 Jan 13, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>My favourite old UK law is that a pregnant woman is allowed to urinate in a policeman's helmet.

But guess what? Like so many unrepealed laws, like the Arizona law banning donkeys from sleeping in your bath, it never gets invoked.
Really?
"Arizona law banning donkeys from sleeping in your bath"
Kind of makes you wonder why they felt the need to make such a law.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#11200 Jan 13, 2013
You're a CUNTTTT.

Because it is capitalised, it is true.
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Well given the fact that God was capitalized that would affirm that it was the God of the Bible he was talking about.
"Do You Capitalize the Word "God"?
One of the most common questions people ask about religious words is whether to capitalize the word “god.” The name of any specific deity is capitalized just like any other name, so when “God” is used to refer to “the one God,”(in other words, in any monotheistic religion) it is capitalized. "
http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/do-you-c...
"Indeed, it would be rather juvenile to misspell God simply in order to insult theists. If such an atheist had so little respect for another person, why even waste the time writing to them in the first place, much less deliberately trying to hurt them at the same time? While that may actually be the case with some atheists who write the word 'god' with a lowercase 'g,' "
http://atheism.about.com/od/doesgodexist/a/ca...
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#11201 Jan 13, 2013
www.google.co.uk/search...
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
"Arizona law banning donkeys from sleeping in your bath"
Kind of makes you wonder why they felt the need to make such a law.
KJV

United States

#11203 Jan 13, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, was not thinking of moving to the UK
but if I do, will be on the look out.:-)
Yes buy the church tax insurance if you do. LOL
KJV

United States

#11204 Jan 13, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>You're a CUNTTTT.

Because it is capitalised, it is true.
Well given the fact that God was capitalized that would affirm that it was the God of the Bible he was talking about.
One of the most common questions people ask about religious words is whether to capitalize the word god. The name of any specific deity is capitalized just like any other name, so when God is used to refer to the one God,(in other words, in any monotheistic religion) it is capitalized. "

"Indeed, it would be rather juvenile to misspell God simply in order to insult theists. If such an atheist had so little respect for another person, why even waste the time writing to them in the first place, much less deliberately trying to hurt them at the same time? While that may actually be the case with some atheists who write the word 'god' with a lowercase 'g,' "

Can't even handle the atheist web page on proper grammar?
KJV

United States

#11205 Jan 13, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Must have been quite the site seeing a donkey ride a bath tub a mile in a flood!

Since: Mar 11

United States

#11206 Jan 13, 2013
Well that was all a bunch of babbling about your myth which didn't even remotely answer my question. Again who created hell if not Yahweh/Jesus? He had to have created it as said in your passage below unless you are claiming there is another creator besides him. Are you claiming there are two creators? If so who? You can't say Satan built and created hell because your own hand picked passage says that hell was designed for Satan.

As usual you Christholes don't even understand your own myth.
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Key Passages About Hell
(1) Hell was designed originally for Satan and his demons (Matthew 25:41; Revelation 20:10).

Since: Mar 11

United States

#11207 Jan 13, 2013
Another great site would be for Chris Langan to retake his IQ test this time under a controlled accurately observed setting. His self proclaimed score is questionable at best especially when you see how he floundered on 1 vs 100 :))

Regardless even if and that is a HUGE IF his score is accurate all that argument is doing is appeal to authority logical fallacy, nothing more. Langan is a DI licking reject.
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Must have been quite the site seeing a donkey ride a bath tub a mile in a flood!

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#11208 Jan 13, 2013
KJV wrote:
(3) Heaven or hell is determined by whether a person believes (puts their trust) in Christ alone to save them (John 3:16, 36, etc.).
Are you sure about this?

"Here is my final conclusion : fear God and obey his commandments, for this is the entire duty of man. For God will judge us for everything we do, including every hidden thing, good or bad."

Eccliastes 12:13-14 (Living Bible)

"I also saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life, and the dead were judged according to their works by what was written in the books."

Revelation 20:12 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

"Then the sea gave up its dead, and Death and Hades gave up their dead; all were judged according to their works."

Revelation 20:13 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

Nottingham, UK

#11209 Jan 13, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"Why do you think that is?"
Because no one has found one yet.
Let's look at that again.

We've found small campfires from Homo Erectus dating back thousands of years.

Yet we can't find a single site around a specific area (Mount Sinai) where 3 million Jews, 600,000 goats and sheep, 300,000 cattle and about 10,000 wagons were camped?

Nottingham, UK

#11210 Jan 13, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know what I believe. Funny your little word game. Adding words twisting words anything but the truth that would be against your religion.
Yes I do, it's whatever translation of the Bible you can select that's most suitable for you.

Nottingham, UK

#11211 Jan 13, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Another translation:
New Living Translation (©2007)
Isaiah 43:10
"But you are my witnesses, O Israel!" says the LORD. "You are my servant. You have been chosen to know me, believe in me, and understand that I alone am God. There is no other God--there never has been, and there never will be.
Perhaps you should change your name from KJV to NLT?

Nottingham, UK

#11212 Jan 13, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
So you will now accept anything with the science stamp on it.
Rather pitiful!
Based on the many successes that science has in explaining our reality, I certainly do!

Compare that with the abysmal failure of your religion.

Birds with breasts, insects with four legs, cockatrices, giants, dragons, talking snakes and donkeys, unicorns, fiery serpents, etc.

That's just the zoology of the Bible.

Nottingham, UK

#11213 Jan 13, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
An understanding of history requires a certain amount of intelligence.
And let's be honest...that's not really KJV's strong suit...
Good point!

Especially when his version of history doesn't go any further back than 6000 years.

Nottingham, UK

#11214 Jan 13, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"If evolution is true, then the entire narrative of the Bible has to be revised and reinterpreted. The evolutionary account is not only incompatible with any historical affirmation of Genesis, but it is also incompatible with the claim that all humanity is descended from Adam and the claim that in Adam all humanity fell into sin and guilt. The Bible’s account of the Fall and its consequences is utterly incompatible with evolutionary theory. The third chapter of Genesis is as problematic for evolutionary theory as the first two.
The naturalistic evolutionists are now pressing their case in moral as well as intellectual terms. Increasingly, they are arguing that a refusal to accept evolution represents a thought crime of sorts. They are using all the tools and arguments at their disposal to discredit any denial of evolution and to marginalize voices who question the dogma of Darwinism. They are working hard to establish unquestioned belief in evolution as the only right-minded and publicly acceptable position. They have already succeeded among the intellectual elites. Their main project now is the projection of this victory throughout popular culture.
Among the theistic evolutionists, the issues are becoming clearer almost every day that passes. Proponents of theistic evolution are now engaged in the public rejection of biblical inerrancy – with some calling the affirmation of the Bible’s inerrancy as an intellectual disaster and “intellectual cul-de-sac.” Others now openly assert that we must forfeit belief in an historical Adam, an historical Fall, and a universal Flood.
Thus, the vise of evolutionary theory is now revealing the fault lines of the current debate. There can be no question but that the authority of the Bible and the truthfulness of the Gospel are now clearly at stake. The New Testament clearly establishes the Gospel of Jesus Christ upon the foundation of the Bible’s account of creation. If there was no historical Adam and no historical Fall, the Gospel is no longer understood in biblical terms.
This is the new shape of the debate over evolution. We now face the undeniable truth that the most basic and fundamental questions of biblical authority and gospel integrity are at stake. Are you ready for this debate?"
http://m.christianpost.com/news/creation-vs-e...
What scientific alternative to evolution can you offer to us for consideration?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#11217 Jan 14, 2013
Astrosurf wrote:
Science tells us with great superiority that we humans, close relatives of the chimpanzee, are the very pinnacle of creation, not only the most intelligent creatures on earth but the whole universe.
We live on a tiny speck in the corner of an infinitely old universe surrounded by an infinite number of galaxies, stars, and planets, and our only reason for being there is to die. Such presumptive baloney - such conceit! I can't believe educated people can swallow this mythical crap and call themselves intelligent let alone think they have a reason to criticize Christians for their beliefs!
Name one scientist who claims, humans are the very pinnacle of creationm
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#11218 Jan 14, 2013
Respek![sic]
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you should change your name from KJV to NLT?
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#11219 Jan 14, 2013
English evolves. I chose not to capitalise god. One day, that will be the norm.
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the most common questions people ask about religious words is whether to capitalize the word god. The name of any specific deity is capitalized just like any other name, so when God is used to refer to the one God,(in other words, in any monotheistic religion) it is capitalized. "
Can't even handle the atheist web page on proper grammar?
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#11220 Jan 14, 2013
KJV "Indeed, it would be rather juvenile to misspell God simply in order to insult theists."

What about zeus, mithras, buddha or allah. Is this a grevious offense :) maybe I should say Zeus, Mithras, Buddha or Allah, so not to hurt anyone's feelings. I think as long as we are consistent in the way we talk about all imaginary beings, religions, superstitions, then no one should be offended.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#11221 Jan 14, 2013
They'll get offended anyway!

No one should have the right not to be offended.
Adam wrote:
KJV "Indeed, it would be rather juvenile to misspell God simply in order to insult theists."
What about zeus, mithras, buddha or allah. Is this a grevious offense :) maybe I should say Zeus, Mithras, Buddha or Allah, so not to hurt anyone's feelings. I think as long as we are consistent in the way we talk about all imaginary beings, religions, superstitions, then no one should be offended.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam for peace, or violence? 1 hr JIN 36
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Thinking 22,989
Does Being 'Spiritual But Not Religious' Really... 1 hr Thinking 2
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Thinking 230,010
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr Thinking 1,037
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' Mon Thinking 90
Man center of the universe. Mon Thinking 87

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE