Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments (Page 531)

Showing posts 10,601 - 10,620 of11,219
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Astrosurf

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Science tells us with great superiority that we humans, close relatives of the chimpanzee, are the very pinnacle of creation, not only the most intelligent creatures on earth but the whole universe.

We live on a tiny speck in the corner of an infinitely old universe surrounded by an infinite number of galaxies, stars, and planets, and our only reason for being there is to die. Such presumptive baloney - such conceit! I can't believe educated people can swallow this mythical crap and call themselves intelligent let alone think they have a reason to criticize Christians for their beliefs!

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Astrosurf wrote:
Science tells us with great superiority that we humans, close relatives of the chimpanzee, are the very pinnacle of creation, not only the most intelligent creatures on earth but the whole universe.
We live on a tiny speck in the corner of an infinitely old universe surrounded by an infinite number of galaxies, stars, and planets, and our only reason for being there is to die. Such presumptive baloney - such conceit! I can't believe educated people can swallow this mythical crap and call themselves intelligent let alone think they have a reason to criticize Christians for their beliefs!
Name ONE scientist who says we are the most intelligent creatures in the verse?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Astrosurf wrote:
No scientist has stated we are the most intelligent creature in the universe. Seriously, you're making yourself look silly...

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Astrosurf wrote:
So what you are saying is atheism is the arrogant belief that the entire universe with its billions of galaxies was not created just for us.
Lincoln

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
There's that cheap Christian forgiveness on demand.
And no, Mr. Haggard's hypocritical homophobia is not forgiven. I don't forgive it, and I doubt too many other skeptics do, either. I hold the good reverend accountable whether he mutters demands at his ceiling fan or not.
And not for snorting illicit powders off of the nut-sack of his man-whore in a motel, but for being a hateful and hypocritical homophobe like his god, and teaching others to be as well.
Are there too many uses of " I" in this post?

Look beyond yourself?
tagit

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
No scientist has stated we are the most intelligent creature in the universe. Seriously, you're making yourself look silly...
"There is a commonly heard argument that life must be common or else it would not have arisen so quickly after the surface of the Earth cooled," Winn said. "This argument seems persuasive on its face, but Spiegel and Turner have shown it doesn't stand up to a rigorous statistical examination — with a sample of only one life-bearing planet, one cannot even get a ballpark estimate of the abundance of life in the universe.

When we use a mathematical prior that truly represents prior ignorance, the data of early life on Earth becomes ambiguous," Spiegel said."Our analysis suggests that abiogenesis could be a rather rapid and probable process for other worlds, but it also cannot rule out at high confidence that abiogenesis is a rare, improbable event," Spiegel said."

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2012/04/...

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
There are exceptions to every rule.

You have demonstrated your lack of intelligence with every post you've made.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I was simply taking one of the many spectacular successes of science and contrasting it with one of the many spectacular failures of religion.
Yes, it does demonstrate the pitiful nature of religion.
Christianity wins, evolution fails.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Astrosurf wrote:
Show us where science says we are the pinnacle of creation/the most intelligence creatures in the universe.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Science found the corruption and corrected it. You can count on Science to do that at some point. Scientists do that because they are interested in truth.
Religion never corrects itself. I guess that is because Religion is not interested in truth. There is no truth in faith.
You're wrong. Science often doesn't find fraud. I have pointed this out in many posts with credible sources. You have been unresponsive to the particulars of those incidents, since you have no case. Thank goodness we have government watchdogs to monitor science. And thank goodness you're not a scientist on one of the corrupt peer-review groups that have been in the news as failing us.

While many "religions" need to correct themselves, fortunately, Christianity is correct just as it is. That's the beauty of it.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying creationist troll with no proof of god, who doesn't understand science or respect hard evidence.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
So according to you;
Science is corrupt.
Science points more to God than Atheism.
What should that tell you?
Well, of course, it tells me the same as it tells you: that science has been unable to prove evolution and when they try, we see their failure, which shows us that creationism is truth.

Ever since 1982, only 15% of Americans are non-creationists.

Dr. David Menton responds to “science guy” Bill Nye's confusion about evolution and explains Nye's inconsistencies in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

No copyrighted material was reproduced in this post.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of the world's Christians have no problem with Evolution.

Get used to it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, yes, the magic "repent" button
Such a great faith you have. Forget Haggard, he's small potatoes. You can murder a dozen people but as long as you feel bad about it later and ask for forgiveness, you get to stroll into heaven.
Good person who doesn't believe = burn in hell for a million times a billion times a trillion years.
Serial killer who really, really feels bad about it = sitting at the right hand of god.
That's religion for you....
Haggard wasn't a serial killer. However, atheist Stalin, whom Khatru admires, was one of the biggest mass murderers of all time. Atheists often defend Stalin. I'm sure you're one of those who admired him, since he closed churches and murdered Christians. You and Stalin won't be “sitting at the right hand of God”.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying creationist troll with no proof of god, who doesn't understand science or respect hard evidence.
I don't respect the fraudulent theory of evolution and I don't respect you. LOL

Prove evolution. You never respond when I tell you to do that.

You're the joke of this forum. Why do you post?

Go to your atheist church today.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Be sure to visit a church of your choice today.

Researchers Ed Stetzer and Warren Bird report that more U.S. churches are being started each year than are being closed. There is a new evangelism in church growth.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/total-us-ch...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Six big scientific frauds that people actually fell for:

LOL

http://www.cracked.com/article_16696_the-6-ba...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Haggard wasn't a serial killer. However, atheist Stalin, whom Khatru admires, was one of the biggest mass murderers of all time. Atheists often defend Stalin. I'm sure you're one of those who admired him, since he closed churches and murdered Christians. You and Stalin won't be “sitting at the right hand of God”.
Show us all with your mighty Creationist intelligence, where in the definition of atheism it says that we must commit mass murder??

Exactly you lying sack of sh*t.

F*ck you and your lies - prove your god or f*ck off, it's been that simple since the dawn of time.
anon

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Clutching at straws. No one I knows defends stalin.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Yet again, your link fails to support your claim, laughing boy.
I don't understand all of that, but it, in fact, seems to directly refute his claim.

Bless his heart.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 10,601 - 10,620 of11,219
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••