Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 Full story: The Star Press 11,175

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Full Story

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#11115 Jan 12, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know what eternity is?
You keep spitting out numbers, that seems to tell me that you don't know what eternity is.
Still adding nothing.
Considering you actually think you'd enjoy an eternity of just worshiping some god .... you obviously have no clue.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#11116 Jan 12, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
New International Version (©1984)
his body well nourished, his bones rich with marrow.
New Living Translation (©2007)
the picture of good health, vigorous and fit.
English Standard Version (©2001)
his pails full of milk and the marrow of his bones moist.
New American Standard Bible (©1995)
His sides are filled out with fat, And the marrow of his bones is moist,
Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
His body is well fed, and his bones are full of marrow.
International Standard Version (©2012)
His buckets are filled with milk, his bone marrow is healthy.
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
His breasts are full of milk, and his bones are moistened with marrow.
GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
His stomach is full of milk, and his bones are strong and healthy.
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
American King James Version
American Standard Version
His pails are full of milk, And the marrow of his bones is moistened.
Douay-Rheims Bible
His bowels are full of fat, and his bones are moistened with marrow.
Darby Bible Translation
His sides are full of fat, and the marrow of his bones is moistened;
English Revised Version
His breasts are full of milk, and the marrow of his bones is moistened.
Webster's Bible Translation
World English Bible
His pails are full of milk. The marrow of his bones is moistened.
Young's Literal Translation
His breasts have been full of milk, And marrow his bones doth moisten.
Yeah, we know. Men lactate.
Lincoln

United States

#11117 Jan 12, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>

Here is a list of some atheist or non religion based wars!
1.) The Seven Years’ War (Britain & France)
2.)The American Revolution
3.)The French Revolution
4.)The Napoleonic Wars (France & Europe)
5.)The Revolutions in the Americas
atheist or non religion based wars!

Ok take these five.

4)How were the Napoleonic War, atheist?

5.)The Revolutions in the Americas
North Ameria?
South America?
Peru and Argentine experiences was different.
How were they atheist.

3.)The French Revolution certainly, you could defend this, atheism played a part.!!!!

2.)The American Revolution had God fearing people on both sides. Are you confusing secularism with atheism.

1.) The Seven Years War (Britain & France) Protestant Britain/(England at the time) against Catholic France.

OK - You are correct with the French Revolution.

List is too long and often in error.

Peace
Lincoln

United States

#11118 Jan 12, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You think the Crusades and the Inquisition can actually be topped by anything? You are deluded beyond repair.
Crusades were justified in turning back Muslim invasions of Europe.
Justified in the military sense, not in morality.
The barbarism of the 20th century seems to know no match in history, sadly.
Peace

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#11119 Jan 12, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"Good person who doesn't believe = burn in hell for a million times a billion times a trillion years."
You obviously have no idea how long eternity is. LOL.
You're that creepy guy who admitted he's just here for attention and to get a rise out of people, right?

You should feel free to never, ever respond to my posts.

You should feel free to start now.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#11120 Jan 12, 2013
So since you are saying God didn't make hell who did?
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
It does not say does it?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#11121 Jan 13, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
There's that deep Christian misanthropic pessimism chiseled by decades of hearing you how useless and depraved man is, and how horrible the world is. Humanism offers a much cheerier perspective. No sin, no perdition, no judgment, no demons, and no damnation - just a love of mankind, a respect for the planet and life in general, a love of justice and of truth, and an optimism for the future and man's incredible potential based on his historical arc.
DJ Hewlet wrote:
Americans are among the most unhealthy people in the world. Surrounded by technological affluence, we have fancy heart scans that can give us a nice picture of our clogged arteries. With diabetes reaching epidemic proportions Americans are fatter than they've ever been. Crammed with highly sophisticated scientific equipment, the fourth leading cause of mortality among Americans is infections in our hospitals. More Americans are strung out on psychoactive drugs than any other country in the world. This practice even has a name, it's called the "the medicalization of unhappiness." Seventy five percent of our nations population breathes unhealthy amounts of air pollution...BUT...our cars are faster, our houses are bigger, and our menus a smorgasbord of cheap unnutritional food designed to titillate even the most fickle of palates.
Bummer.

But why tell me?

Fennario

#11122 Jan 13, 2013
KJV wrote:
Not so, it is the humanist that claim the morality of the majority that dictates the society's morals.
The humanist is right.

When Christians are the majority, we have laws that prevent same sex marriages, for example. Both of those are changing.

Fennario

#11123 Jan 13, 2013
derek4 wrote:
Did Mr. Haggard repent? I don't know, and neither do you that's between him and God. If he did repent, he's been forgiven. If he did not, he will be held accountable.
There's that cheap Christian forgiveness on demand.

And no, Mr. Haggard's hypocritical homophobia is not forgiven. I don't forgive it, and I doubt too many other skeptics do, either. I hold the good reverend accountable whether he mutters demands at his ceiling fan or not.

And not for snorting illicit powders off of the nut-sack of his man-whore in a motel, but for being a hateful and hypocritical homophobe like his god, and teaching others to be as well.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#11124 Jan 13, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"Good person who doesn't believe = burn in hell for a million times a billion times a trillion years."
You obviously have no idea how long eternity is. LOL.
Neither do you, but then again, you think the earth is 6000 years old, so your concept of time is proven to be f*cked.

Fennario

#11125 Jan 13, 2013
derek4 wrote:
Prominent scientist discovers that God indeed exists.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-ne...
No copyrighted material was reproduced in this post.
"One of Britain's most prominent atheists has decided that God might exist after all."

Even in the dementia that characterized Mr. Flew's alleged eleventh hour conversion, he still rejected "God" - your god.

What Flew allegedly did in his dotage was still an extreme repudiation of faith and Christianity. It is claimed that in his dotage, he became a deist.

Flew was still evidence based until the end, even when senile. His waning intellect concluded that the universe implied a creator after all.

And this is touted as a great victory by the theists even though Flew continued to reject all mythologies, religions, and dogmas, including Christianity and Jehovah-Jesus, who he considered a mythological character like the Kraken.

He rejected magical thinking, prayer and miracles.

He rejected virgin births and resurrections.

He rejected divine revelation and holy books.

He rejected heaven, hell, angels, and demons.

He rejected sin, grace, the soul, salvation, and damnation.

In fact, Flew rejected everything held sacred and self-evident to a Christian.

And to Christians, he is in hell.

I have no argument with deists. They make good citizens and good neighbors. For example, they don't damage America with antiscientific propaganda, nor scapegoat atheists or gays.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#11126 Jan 13, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
But there is no evidence against Genesis and Exodus. And that's all the proof you need. LOL
According to the Bible, Moses went up Mount Sinai a few times.

While he was up there, down below at the foot of the mountain were approximately 3 million Jews, 600,000 goats and sheep, 300,000 cattle and about 10,000 wagons.

I guess you know that not a single campsite, midden or sign of occupation has been found in Sinai.

Why do you think that is?

Perhaps it's because this is just a myth?

Nottingham, UK

#11127 Jan 13, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Too much for you?
I've known that for quite some time.
Back to the pop up books for you. LOL
Not too much for me - I know it's all BS

Not so you believers, who can't agree among yourselves which version of your death cult is the correct one.

Fennario

#11128 Jan 13, 2013
derek4 wrote:
Bradley Monton, science philospher and atheist, carefully argues that intelligent design deserves serious consideration as a scientific theory.
Intelligent design deserves no consideration as a scientific theory. It's not even a scientific hypothesis. It's just a claim.

ID has already gotten serious consideration, at the Kitzmiller v. Dover trial for one, where it was found to be unscientific and unsupported by evidence. Nobody's ever defined irreducible complexity in a way in which it can be positively identified when present, which is what makes the claim for it unscientific. It's as vague a concept as holy, blessed, sacred, and soul.

Nottingham, UK

#11129 Jan 13, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
New Living Translation (©2007)
Isaiah 43:10
"But you are my witnesses, O Israel!" says the LORD. "You are my servant. You have been chosen to know me, believe in me, and understand that I alone am God. There is no other God--there never has been, and there never will be.
Going by your name, I thought you'd use the King James Version:

Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Here we can clearly see your god referring to a time before and after him.

Nottingham, UK

#11130 Jan 13, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
So because science took man to the moon and back you will now accept anything with the science stamp on it.
Rather pitiful!
I was simply taking one of the many spectacular successes of science and contrasting it with one of the many spectacular failures of religion.

Yes, it does demonstrate the pitiful nature of religion.

Nottingham, UK

#11131 Jan 13, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe everything goes to hell if not saved by God. Sense you don't believe in God he can't help you. See ya!
Saved?

Saved from what?

The wrath of an angry god?
Astrosurf

Denver, CO

#11132 Jan 13, 2013
Science tells us with great superiority that we humans, close relatives of the chimpanzee, are the very pinnacle of creation, not only the most intelligent creatures on earth but the whole universe.

We live on a tiny speck in the corner of an infinitely old universe surrounded by an infinite number of galaxies, stars, and planets, and our only reason for being there is to die. Such presumptive baloney - such conceit! I can't believe educated people can swallow this mythical crap and call themselves intelligent let alone think they have a reason to criticize Christians for their beliefs!

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#11133 Jan 13, 2013
Astrosurf wrote:
Science tells us with great superiority that we humans, close relatives of the chimpanzee, are the very pinnacle of creation, not only the most intelligent creatures on earth but the whole universe.
We live on a tiny speck in the corner of an infinitely old universe surrounded by an infinite number of galaxies, stars, and planets, and our only reason for being there is to die. Such presumptive baloney - such conceit! I can't believe educated people can swallow this mythical crap and call themselves intelligent let alone think they have a reason to criticize Christians for their beliefs!
Name ONE scientist who says we are the most intelligent creatures in the verse?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#11134 Jan 13, 2013
Astrosurf wrote:
No scientist has stated we are the most intelligent creature in the universe. Seriously, you're making yourself look silly...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Dally Mama 231,992
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 18 min Morse 1,041
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 36 min Friend of all 14,455
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 5 hr thetruth 29
Young atheists: The political leaders of tomorrow 5 hr thetruth 6
Why Christians should stick up for atheists 5 hr thetruth 8
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 16 hr QUITTNER Nov 27 2014 31

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE