Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 Full story: The Star Press 11,175

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Full Story

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#11075 Jan 12, 2013
KJV wrote:
His breasts are full of milk, and his bones are moistened with marrow.
GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)

American King James Version

American Standard Version

His breasts are full of milk, and the marrow of his bones is moistened.
Webster's Bible Translation

World English Bible

His breasts have been full of milk, And marrow his bones doth moisten.
WTF?
KJV

United States

#11076 Jan 12, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>“Then He will also say to those on His left,‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels" - Matthew 25:41

Who prepared hell?

KJV wrote, "Nice the way you heathens try and make the Bible sound just the opposite of what it is."

That's just what I was thinking about you Christians.
It does not say does it?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#11077 Jan 12, 2013
KJV wrote:
But there is no evidence against Genesis and Exodus. And that's all the proof you need. LOL
No evidence against Genesis or Exodus?

There were no six days of creation (BBT, ToE) nor any global flood.
There was no Egyptian captivity, exodus or battle of Jericho. http://freethought.mbdojo.com/archeology.html
KJV

United States

#11078 Jan 12, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>No he's not.

Isaiah 43:10

Your god admits to a time before and after him when there was/will be no god.
New Living Translation (©2007)
Isaiah 43:10
"But you are my witnesses, O Israel!" says the LORD. "You are my servant. You have been chosen to know me, believe in me, and understand that I alone am God. There is no other God--there never has been, and there never will be.
KJV

United States

#11079 Jan 12, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Science took men to the moon and back.

What has religion achieved recently?

Oh yes, shooting a 14-year-old girl in the head for wanting an education.
So because science took man to the moon and back you will now accept anything with the science stamp on it.

Rather pitiful!
KJV

United States

#11080 Jan 12, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>So who made Hell?

Clearly your god approves of Hell.

The Bible may not say that your god made Hell but he certainly enabled its existence.
Maybe everything goes to hell if not saved by God. Sense you don't believe in God he can't help you. See ya!
KJV

United States

#11081 Jan 12, 2013
<quoted text>Humanism hasn't failed - ever. In fact, it has been a resounding success wherever it has been applied.

It is Christianity that has failed, both intellectually and morally, and is dying because of it. It's intellectual bankruptcy is evident in its selfish war on science, which it attempts to demean whatever the cost to others, and in its ceaseless scandals and hypocrisies. That priest thing was a big setback for Jesus.

KJV wrote, ""Until we who are without gods and demons and heavens and hells can provide those things, our worldview will remain marginal.""

Sorry. We're actually removing gods, not providing them. And it will make the world a better place. Sure, it's more difficult at first, but well worth the effort. Belief in a cosmic eye in the sky always watching, judging, and tallying reward and punishments is infantilizing. You can't grow up if the baby sitter never leaves, or if the cop is always in the rear view mirror.

Once you have faced the frightening aspects of existence squarely and learned to cope with them maturely, the fear goes away. Only then can you proceed to self-actualization.
"humanism also has a coherent (if dynamic and evolving) account of the world, stitched together out of scientific cosmology, evolutionary biology, history, and moral philosophy. However, in the humanistic worldview, these strands are not commingled: though the universe is significant for the existence of people, it is also entirely indifferent to their wellbeing. For humanists, all meaning and purpose in human existence is provided on a human scale. Humanists have faith that we can provide all the meaning we need ourselves, from our concerns, out of our own ideas and philosophies. In the face of the infinite, however, these meanings and purposes dissolve into absolute and utter insignificance. The humanist’s universe might provoke dizzying awe, but it is a distant awe compared with the more limited but also more intimate awe of the religious."
DJ Hewlet

UK

#11082 Jan 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Why ask me?
<quoted text>
There's that deep Christian misanthropic pessimism chiseled by decades of hearing you how useless and depraved man is, and how horrible the world is.
Humanism offers a much cheerier perspective. No sin, no perdition, no judgment, no demons, and no damnation - just a love of mankind, a respect for the planet and life in general, a love of justice and of truth, and an optimism for the future and man's incredible potential based on his historical arc.
You can deny the reality science has made but it won't make it go away. Americans are among the most unhealthy people in the world. Surrounded by technological affluence, we have fancy heart scans that can give us a nice picture of our clogged arteries.

With diabetes reaching epidemic proportions Americans are fatter than they've ever been. Crammed with highly sophisticated scientific equipment, the fourth leading cause of mortality among Americans is infections in our hospitals.

More Americans are strung out on psychoactive drugs than any other country in the world. This practice even has a name, it's called the "the medicalization of unhappiness."

Seventy five percent of our nations population breathes unhealthy amounts of air pollution...BUT...our cars are faster, our houses are bigger, and our menus a smorgasbord of cheap unnutritional food designed to titillate even the most fickle of palates.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#11083 Jan 12, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
So because science took man to the moon and back you will now accept anything with the science stamp on it.
Rather pitiful!
Christianity has brought us mass murder and the dark ages, why would anyone want that?
KJV

United States

#11084 Jan 12, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Once again a Christian demonstrates what monsters they truly are inside. If not for your Magic Sky Daddy's book, you would be a practicing cannibal.
Not so, it is the humanist that claim the morality of the majority that dictates the society's morals. So according to that the cannibalistic practices of some tribes around the world were doing nothing wrong.

Only you could get that confused over such a simple statement.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#11085 Jan 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
As has already been demonstrated to you at least a half dozen times the majority of hospitals day cares and charities are secular ( non religious )
<quoted text>
My, touchy aren't you.

Corruption in science has been demonstrated to you far more than half a dozen times, but you keep defending it, lol.

We have hospitals called Presbyterian Hospital,Methodist Hospital- it's quite obvious they weren't named after atheists.

So you confirm that atheists don't do much in the way of hospitals or charities.

Thanks for confirming.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#11086 Jan 12, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather pitiful!
So now you are anti education.
KJV

United States

#11087 Jan 12, 2013
<quoted text>I confess. Hell was my creation, not your god's.

KJV wrote, ""does not your god still send people there to suffer for all eternity?" He does cast Lucifer and the rebelling angles into hell. However the Bibles message is how to avoid going to hell."

Is that a "yes" then? I'm taking it as a yes. I may have made hell, but your god sends souls there. He pays me a royalty every time.

KJV wrote, "What is the message science given us from science?"

"The weather is here. Wish you were beautiful."
(Rev 1:18) I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

I don't think so but nice try! LOL

You do come up with some good ones I'll give you that. LOL

Location hidden

#11088 Jan 12, 2013
Thinking wrote:
BS.
Dick4cm repeatedly posted that he doesn't care about the content of his links.
So neither do I.
<quoted text>
You can't resist calling names can you? It shows your childishness, but go ahead and prove you have no class - we all know it anyway, lol.

Thinking? When will you START thinking? No evidence shows you ever think.

And you don't have much of a memory, since I've already said many times I don't need to defend links on the internet, lol. Each person can decide for themselves, for example, if a link about fraudulent science has merit, or if they want to be like you and defend corrupt science.

It's interesting that you feel such a burning desire to defend science like it's going to crumble unless you hold it up.

You also enjoy defending fraud, which tells us a lot about your character.
KJV

United States

#11089 Jan 12, 2013
<quoted text>WTF?
It's call a difference in translations.

Go figure!
KJV

United States

#11090 Jan 12, 2013
<quoted text>No evidence against Genesis or Exodus?

There were no six days of creation (BBT, ToE) nor any global flood.
There was no Egyptian captivity, exodus or battle of Jericho. http://freethought.mbdojo.com/archeology.html
Wrong.

There was six days of creation and a global flood.
There was an Egyptian captivity, exodus and battle of Jericho.

Location hidden

#11091 Jan 12, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
You are okay with the corrupt Ted Haggard?
Did Mr. Haggard repent? I don't know, and neither do you that's between him and God.

If he did repent, he's been forgiven. If he did not, he will be held accountable.

I don't defend corrupt religious people. Why do atheists defend corrupt scientists? You're okay with that?

Location hidden

#11092 Jan 12, 2013
DJ Hewlet wrote:
<quoted text>
You can deny the reality science has made but it won't make it go away. Americans are among the most unhealthy people in the world. Surrounded by technological affluence, we have fancy heart scans that can give us a nice picture of our clogged arteries.
With diabetes reaching epidemic proportions Americans are fatter than they've ever been. Crammed with highly sophisticated scientific equipment, the fourth leading cause of mortality among Americans is infections in our hospitals.
More Americans are strung out on psychoactive drugs than any other country in the world. This practice even has a name, it's called the "the medicalization of unhappiness."
Seventy five percent of our nations population breathes unhealthy amounts of air pollution...BUT...our cars are faster, our houses are bigger, and our menus a smorgasbord of cheap unnutritional food designed to titillate even the most fickle of palates.
You make come very strong points. Thanks for your contribution.

Location hidden

#11093 Jan 12, 2013
Prominent scientist discovers that God indeed exists.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-ne...

No copyrighted material was reproduced in this post.

Location hidden

#11094 Jan 12, 2013
Bradley Monton, science philospher and atheist, carefully argues that intelligent design deserves serious consideration as a scientific theory.

Mr. Monton believes students should be taught about intelligent design.

http://www.amazon.com/Seeking-God-Science-Ath...

No copyrighted material was reproduced in this post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min Dave Nelson 228,571
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr _Bad Company 705
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 8 hr Dally Mama 5,587
Heaven 10 hr susanblange 2
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 12 hr Patrick 7
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 12 hr Patrick 152
The Ultimate Evidence of God (Mar '14) 20 hr Patrick 140

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE