Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments (Page 509)

Showing posts 10,161 - 10,180 of11,219
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

I don't buy your sh!t fast food. I cook, or I dine.

Kan't Fry Chicken can go f**k itself.
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Then it's a good thing Adam wasn't into
Omelets for breakfast yet!
Just think, there would be no KFC today if Adam had eaten those eggs on his first morning.
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

So called because they're dead stupid. Keep scrolling.
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
They are called the Dead Sea scrolls.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Assume that the ribozyme is 300 nucleotides long, and that at each position there could be any of four nucleotides present. The chances of that ribozyme assembling are then 4^300, a number so large that it could not possibly happen by chance even once in 13 billion years, the age of the universe.
Just for giggles, let's pretend it was all chance and not actual chemistry.

DNA itself can be any actual length, the length of modern life forms is just what worked best, and they're all not the same length. So basing the chances on any specific length is fallacious to begin with. Okay, but let's go with the 300 one, the chances of it occurring on a gambler's table would be about 4^300 odds for it. But only on the first try, each subsequent try would decrease that chance exponentially, a good way to illustrate that is each try reduces the 300 by one.

Okay, so say that 30 million such reactions occur in a pool of liquid with the proper chemicals every hour. 30 million ... that's probably low balling it. After 300 the chances are reduced to 4:1, that's 400% chance. Tada, you just provided evidence that it not only can happen, but must happen, by chance alone.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you're saying is that nature designed life on earth?
Close enough.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
There is evidence in the words of the Bible. Reject all you want. I don't care.
There is evidence all over the world that the Bible is correct and truly the word of God. You won't find what you don't look for.
Nope, those are still assertions not evidence. A rock is evidence, saying what the rock is composed of is an assertion. You have nothing but assertions, and no evidence.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Assume that the ribozyme is 300 nucleotides long, and that at each position there could be any of four nucleotides present. The chances of that ribozyme assembling are then 4^300, a number so large that it could not possibly happen by chance even once in 13 billion years, the age of the universe.
Hoyle's fallacy.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>I don't buy your sh!t fast food. I cook, or I dine.

Kan't Fry Chicken can go f**k itself.
Septic you're slipping up again.
Your socks has a hole in it.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Just for giggles, let's pretend it was all chance and not actual chemistry.

DNA itself can be any actual length, the length of modern life forms is just what worked best, and they're all not the same length. So basing the chances on any specific length is fallacious to begin with. Okay, but let's go with the 300 one, the chances of it occurring on a gambler's table would be about 4^300 odds for it. But only on the first try, each subsequent try would decrease that chance exponentially, a good way to illustrate that is each try reduces the 300 by one.

Okay, so say that 30 million such reactions occur in a pool of liquid with the proper chemicals every hour. 30 million ... that's probably low balling it. After 300 the chances are reduced to 4:1, that's 400% chance. Tada, you just provided evidence that it not only can happen, but must happen, by chance alone.
You seem to forget a very important item. Once a failed attempt is tried nature does not cross it off the list, every go around starts at zero all over again. After 300 chances your odds hasn't changed one bit.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Close enough.
So you believe in intelligent design?

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe in intelligent design?
Only if you regard "nature" as intelligent and natural processes as "design".

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
How do we deal with Christian fraud?
We don't have to deal with it since it doesn't exist.

We read the Bible, and when “religion” doesn't match up to what the Bible teaches, we recognize it as religious heresy, not Christianity, and we reject it.

Thank you for demonstrating this to us in your post 10590, where you refer to “religious fraud”, which isn't Christianity.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I liked this paragraph:
"Prosperity Gospel–Sometimes referred to as the “Health and Wealth Gospel”, it is a theology which proclaims that one’s faith or speech, combined with generous donations to Christian ministries will increase one’s material wealth. Other less complimentary slang names for it include the “name-it-and-claim-it” or “blab-it-and-grab-it” gospel."
Blab-it-and-grab-it".
ROFL!
The “prosperity gospel” does not line up with Christianity, nor the Bible.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Huckleberry Finn does require a highschool level to comprehend the basics ...
Actually, Huckleberry Finn does require a highschool level to comprehend the basics ...
I'm sure you would find “The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn” way over your head, but it's strange you would just come right out and admit that to us. Did you already forget that Mark Twain said “It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt”?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Hoyle's fallacy.
We must make that the official name of it. Anyone second that?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You won't find too many "non religious evangelists".
But haven't you and our other friendly atheists told us the atheists are growing in numbers? And they do have churches. Here's a video on one of them:

http://yourhappyplace.yuku.com/topic/54211/At...

Let me know if you need information on an atheist church in your area, and I'll try to help you find one.

It's refreshing to know you're recognizing your atheism for that it is - a religion. Of course, it's a false religion, but it's still a religion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Why do atheists form organizations to promote their “no belief”, lol?

Why would anyone want to belong to an organization of “nones”?

When someone says he is an agnostic, he generally means he doesn't know it there's a God – he just isn't sure.

But when someone says he's an atheist, he is saying he is sure there is no God, which means he believes he has some kind of “proof”(or “evidence”) there is no God.

BUT... he cannot demonstrate his “proof”, nor does he have any credible “evidence”, so all he has really proven to all of us is his own dishonesty.

One atheist billboard says “A million New Yorkers are good without God”

Good for what?

http://www.examiner.com/article/atheists-prov...

No copyrighted material was reproduced in this post.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you would find “The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn” way over your head, but it's strange you would just come right out and admit that to us. Did you already forget that Mark Twain said “It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt”?
Yet, you do that with every post, removing all doubt of your idiocy.

It is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.- Mark Twain (bible)

When one reads Bibles, one is less surprised at what the Deity knows than at what He doesn't know.- Mark Twain (bible)

Who's next? Asimov? I like Asimov too.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
The “prosperity gospel” does not line up with Christianity, nor the Bible.
No true Scotsman fallacy again.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Meet Green Locust ...

Green Locust says he can prove with codes, math, and numbers that the devil exists.

Locust tells us how at this link:

http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

Note that there are other comments after the Locust post, so you can decide for yourself if the devil exists.

I didn't put much confidence in either poster, lol.

However, I've always found it interesting that atheists constantly ask for proof of God, but they don't seem the least interested in asking for proof of the devil.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't have to deal with it since it doesn't exist.
We read the Bible, and when “religion” doesn't match up to what the Bible teaches, we recognize it as religious heresy, not Christianity, and we reject it.
Thank you for demonstrating this to us in your post 10590, where you refer to “religious fraud”, which isn't Christianity.
A masked no true Scotsman fallacy, how cute.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 10,161 - 10,180 of11,219
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••