Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments
9,901 - 9,920 of 11,175 Comments Last updated Jan 18, 2014

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
How undignified for you to compare your superstition to Stalin.
This only serves to indicate just how threatened you feel.
You don't think Stalin was a threat to humanity? You admired him, right?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Mark Twain - "It ain't the parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it's the parts that I do understand."
How humiliating it must be for atheists to admit in a public forum they are against the Bible they haven't read and know nothing about.

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.”- Mark Twain

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
So you could not understand the mathematic explanation? A bit over the old wooden head?
Again You make a fool of yourself.
Nicely done.
Actually Longears, the people making fools of themselves are the believers who refuse to believe the Bible when it gives a ratio of 3:1 for Pi
Langoliers wrote:
What percent of the world population was Noah and his family?
To answer that question, I'll have a look at the link you posted:

"Did everybody drown in the flood except Noah and his family? Are all the people of of the world descended from Noah?

No. Everybody did not drown. Hundreds, possibly thousands of Sumerians drowned in the flooded area, but there were many thousands of survivors of Noah's river flood, even in his own city, and especially in distant lands not affected by the flood."

http://www.noahs-ark-flood.com/faq.htm

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
No he's correct. If he ways wrong you would have posted the proof against his statement. Your response is more proof that he is correct. No proof.
Other than mathematical proofs, there are no proofs, Longears.

That includes both your invisible sky pixie and your 2000 year old zombie.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Darwinian evolutionism and ideology devalues human life.

“Humanism” is the most destructive religion in history.

http://www.christianaction.org.za/firearmnews...

No copyrighted material was reproduced in this post.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

The included link explains why Mr. Waugh is thankful he's a Christian.

He once said,“... believe me, were it not for my religion, I would scarcely be a human being.”

Without God, mankind is subhuman.

http://www.leaderu.com/truth/1truth08.html

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Does this shock you knot head?
How dare the Christians up date the New Testament from older scrolls that are from a time closer to the time that Jesus lived? Well they do and seeing that you think that you're the brightest bulb on the tree you should note that while somethings have been changed the messages of the New Testament has not changed.
In fact very little has changed. Other then the fact that the New Testament does come from the oldest known writings.
Show me these updates.

What are the scrolls and what are the corresponding updates?

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
What are the “new” documents which you continue failing to identify?
Would you like to repeat that in a more intelligible format?

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You know nothing of the sort. An explanation would be a Big Bang.
They fail to teach you the other possibilities or look for other possibilities.
This is simply false. The 'other possibilities' simply didn't have the predictive power of the Big bang scenario, nor did they agree with actual observations. Unless, of course, YOU have a new alternative?
Bad science makes a conclusion then searches for evidences to back up a predetermined ending.
This is true and is exactly the problem with 'creation science'. Standard science *does* look at alternative explanations,*does* consider the evidence, and *does not* simply search for evidence to back up its conclusions.
The problem with the Big Bang coming from a exploding spinning singularity
Whao there! This alone is enough to show you don't know what the Big Bang theory says. If you won't take time to learn what the actual scientific theory says, then why should we listen to your criticisms?
is it would have to break about every law and theory of physics.
Except, of course, it does not.
I'll list a few that the Big Bang breaks, oh ya I'm aware science to get around this major problem with their theory is no laws of the universes existed until after the Big Bang happened by some Ridicules minuet amount of time, but it's just long enough they believe to sneak in the Big Bang. Now here is a few laws that's say the Big Bang never happened.

[QUOTE]Gravity
The Big Bang scenario is founded on the best theory of gravity we have: General Relativity.
First and second laws of thermodynamic.
The essentials of the hot Big Bang theory are based on the laws of thermodynamics as applied to an expanding universe (i.e, as required by general relativity).
Quantum Mechanics
The essentials of nucleosynthesis and any understanding of thew time previous to this are, again, based on quantum mechanics.
String theory
String Theory is, at this time, speculative. But, contrary to your claims, it supports the Big Bang scenario and even goes on to explain how the expansion came about.
The theory of Relativity
Once again, the whole edifice is founded on the theory of relativity (in particular, general relativity).
Law of Conservation of Matter
Actually, the correct conservation law is of mass-energy, because we *know* that the law of conservation of matter (mass) is false (nuclear reactions violate it).

In sum, you know *nothing* about the *actual* Big Bang theory, the science it is based upon, nor the evidence that supports it. ALL of your claims (except for the one about string theory) are proven wrong by even a very basic inspection of any modern book on cosmology. And the claim about string theory is shown wrong by considering any book on that subject.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Lol

The Theory of Evolution is a reality that terrifies you.

Although I doubt it terrifies you as much as your god does.
"Darwin's Theory of Evolution - A Theory In Crisis"

"Darwin's Theory of Evolution is a theory in crisis in light of the tremendous advances we've made in molecular biology, biochemistry and genetics over the past fifty years. We now know that there are in fact tens of thousands of irreducibly complex systems on the cellular level. Specified complexity pervades the microscopic biological world. Molecular biologist Michael Denton wrote, "Although the tiniest bacterial cells are incredibly small, weighing less than 10^-12 grams, each is in effect a veritable micro-miniaturized factory containing thousands of exquisitely designed pieces of intricate molecular machinery, made up altogether of one hundred thousand million atoms, far more complicated than any machinery built by man and absolutely without parallel in the non-living world."

And we don't need a microscope to observe irreducible complexity. The eye, the ear and the heart are all examples of irreducible complexity, though they were not recognized as such in Darwin's day. Nevertheless, Darwin confessed, "To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree."

http://www.darwins-theory-of-evolution.com/

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Here's a post Khatru might like:

BBC provides us with some more interesting facts on our famed “Piltdown Man” at this link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ancient/archaeol...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

The New York times reported on Juliet Jacobs' lung cancer and tells how she entered a research study at Duke University. The Duke program was considered a marvelous “breakthrough” in the treatment of Ms Jaobs' kind of cancer. She had found a cure – or had she? No, unfortunately. The Duke program was wrong and worthless. Ms Jacobs died a few months later. Her case is a sterling example of flawed science in the medical community.

The included link contains more detail on the sad but interesting Jacobs case.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/08/health/rese...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me these updates.
What are the scrolls and what are the corresponding updates?
I have found Google very hepful in researching many of the basic questions you have.

I know how tedious it can be to plough through material, but there is a wealth of information on Google.

Try it sometime, lol.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you lack intestinal fortitude, and you lack knowledge of the Bible. You admit you don't have the background to speak on it. In other words, you're not a worthy contributor to the forum.
Lol

Don't be dim, Dim.

You talk about worthy contributions while all the time your own cut + paste jobs are a cesspit of nugacity.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you like to repeat that in a more intelligible format?
Man you are sloooowww, aren't you?

I mean, you keep mentioning "new" documents, but you don't know why?

You fight against the Bible you haven't read, and you don't want to "plough" through information?

Well, Khatru, we can't hold your hand and spoon feed you with all the information you keep overlooking and refusing to read. You have to help us a wee bit by appling yourself more.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think Stalin was a threat to humanity? You admired him, right?
Stalin had a moustache.

No doubt you see all mustachioed men as evil.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
Don't be dim, Dim.
You talk about worthy contributions while all the time your own cut + paste jobs are a cesspit of nugacity.
So you're also not observant enough to notice I haven't copied and pasted anything for about 10 days except for that Mark Twain quote I posted awhile ago about how much better off YOU would be to keep your mouth closed instead of opening it?

This one:

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.”- Mark Twain

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Darwin's Theory of Evolution - A Theory In Crisis"
"Darwin's Theory of Evolution is a theory in crisis in light of the tremendous advances we've made in molecular biology, biochemistry and genetics over the past fifty years. We now know that there are in fact tens of thousands of irreducibly complex systems on the cellular level. Specified complexity pervades the microscopic biological world. Molecular biologist Michael Denton wrote, "Although the tiniest bacterial cells are incredibly small, weighing less than 10^-12 grams, each is in effect a veritable micro-miniaturized factory containing thousands of exquisitely designed pieces of intricate molecular machinery, made up altogether of one hundred thousand million atoms, far more complicated than any machinery built by man and absolutely without parallel in the non-living world."
And we don't need a microscope to observe irreducible complexity. The eye, the ear and the heart are all examples of irreducible complexity, though they were not recognized as such in Darwin's day. Nevertheless, Darwin confessed, "To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree."
http://www.darwins-theory-of-evolution.com/
From your website:

"Many people refer to us as “Christians,” but we consider ourselves followers of Jesus. Like Jesus, we reject many of the issues found in “organized religion”(man-made attempts to reach God through rules and rituals). Actually, we believe religion has kept more people from the truth than anything in history. Although we reject man-made religion, we consider the personal pursuit of God as paramount in each of our personal life journeys."

When it comes to science, I'll listen to the scientists.

You should too: you know that ju-ju and superstitious mumbo jumbo are not scientific.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

derek4 wrote:
Here's a post Khatru might like:
BBC provides us with some more interesting facts on our famed “Piltdown Man” at this link:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ancient/archaeol...
Thanks for that.

Another testament to how fraudsters are always caught out by the scientific community.

Nice to see you supporting that fact.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Stalin had a moustache.
No doubt you see all mustachioed men as evil.
He was probably very dear to you, even though virtually all of civilized society loathed him.

I will admit, though - like atheists, he was quite a dictator of beliefs, so I'm sure that made him your hero.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••