Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments
9,881 - 9,900 of 11,175 Comments Last updated Jan 18, 2014

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>By his own admission, Hedonist was a theology school dropout (or reject, I forget which) from 40 years ago, lol.
Ah that would explain it. Thanks Derek
I had to skip a bunch of pages to get caught up.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you going ballistic?

It sounds like it to me.

Well, bless your heart. Some days are like that, I guess.

I sometimes skip your posts, sometimes skim them, but they never have any gems of wisdom, so I don't even remember what question you're writing about, lol.

I notice your worried about people obeying Biblical commands, so when are you going to start obeying them?

And what verse in the Bible tells me I have to answer every post on topix, lol?

I could simply post Bible verses and never answer any post. That would be interesting.

Do you realize that I have a life outside of this forum? I don't have the time nor inclination to read every single post.

I don't ask everyone to read all my posts, nor do I care if they do or they don't. They can read them or skip them, it's no skin off my rump, lol.

In fact, I am completely skipping pages 498 - 499 tonight, and however many posts are on page 500 so far, simply because I don't care to cover that much material just because it's there.

Got that?

Good.
Who is this oooooga boooooogga
Caricature of a snot ball?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

derek4 wrote:
Why did Josef Stalin close the churches in Russia?

Because he was an atheist dictator who saw believers as a threat to his power.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_did_Stalin_clos... .

Stalin is probably the greatest example of dictating beliefs EVER.

He closed over 48,000 churches in Russia.

No copyrighted material was reproduced in this post.
God is always a threat to Satan.

So atheist are these 48,000 church closing proof that atheist grew in Russia by leaps and bounds while under Stalin's rule?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

charley wrote:
so what came first? chicken or egg
Scientist have proven this.
The chicken came 1st because the chicken has
a unique protein that is absolutely needed to
form an egg. The egg itself does not have this protein.
And a chicken who does not possess this protein
will never make an egg.
Genesis tells us that the chicken came first. More scientific proof backing up the bible.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>The ancestor to the chicken, just one or two mutations short of being a chicken, now extinct, had this same protein.

The chicken egg came before the chicken. Deal with it.
LMFAO!!

"The chicken egg came before the chicken. Deal with it."

WOW..... KJV, Derek how long have you guys have been putting up with oooooogabooooga nonsense?

Hey oga who sat on the egg so it would hatch?

( a little comic relief )

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Any attempts I've made to read the bible are just so monumentally tedious that I can't make it through a page without falling asleep.
There WAS a bible I found once when working in a building where I work that had been converted to a warehousing operation that was marked with tabs and highlighting that had some interesting and readable passages.
I could tell from the marked passages that whoever hadn't led them found some level of comfort and meaning in them.
I would be willing to bet that the person had little or no interest in science.
What bothers me most about the Christians here is their obstinate denial of established and proven science and their refusal to even recognize the existence of evidence is mind numbing.
It marks them as people whose beliefs cannot withstand reason.
Ignorance is understandable. Willful ignorance is not.
You're absolutely right about the willful ignorance of believers.

No doubt their ancestors, when told about the theory of planetary motion, refused to accept it; preferring to adopt the "goddidit" approach.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
Mark Twain - "It ain't the parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it's the parts that I do understand."
A very perceptive man!

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Peter found some really, REALLY good 'shrooms.
LOL

That might explain why KJV's "they" never incorporated Peter into the Bible.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
He obviously missed the "jots and tittles" line.
(I love that word-tittles.)
Yeah, I think he misses a lot.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>We'll all be dead long before there is any catastrophe, with the exception of a possible meteor collision but those we can only predict out a few days in advance.

The other changes are not catastrophic. The Earth's poles shift all the time, it "wobbles," as someone else described quite aptly, a few years ago they feared it may flip because the "wobble" had been slightly more than usual ... it was a false alarm but meh, having to recalibrate "North" on everything wouldn't be that huge a deal.

You can't face facts, the only "normal" in the universe, the only constant that is not mathematical, the only thing that remains the same is change, everything changes, and the strong things change with the universe. Anything that does not change fails every time.
Say umm KK was not this discussion about your comment about "not changing is bad?" Then a list of items was posted showing something's are better left unchanged. Then some idiot pointed out that these thing do change which was then pointed out yes they do change but it does not do life on earth any favors in fact could easily wipe out life on earth, and now your response is
"We'll all be dead long before there is any catastrophe"

That's kind of off track from your statement "not changing is bad"

So in a few pages you now say don't worry we'll all be dead before one of those changes can kill us?

Lets get it straight.
You said "not changing is bad"
KJV said "not always, showing a few item that would most likely kill mankind if they changed"
You respond "don't worry we'll all be dead before one of those changes can kill us"

LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Aplogetics.

Strange how you have no problem believing the Bible when it says that creation took 6 days but you refuse to believe the Bible when it gives a ratio of 3:1 for Pi.

I always said that you guys just make it all up as you go along.

Looks like I'm right.

Now, where are these corrected Bibles that you say exist?
So you could not understand the mathematic explanation? A bit over the old wooden head?
Again You make a fool of yourself.
Nicely done.

What percent of the world population was Noah and his family? Lol

Derek, KJV he can't help himself, once a fool alway the fool.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Your position is that the Bible is not perfect - I'm just adding further evidence to support your viewpoint.
"KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Wishing I would leave?
Why is that? Because I keep debunking your third grade arguments against the Bible?
Go back to your comic books, hear you're almost done with Scooby doobie doo! NN"

Ok so KJV posted the above and you respond with

"Your position is that the Bible is not perfect"

Do you see how stupid you are? OMG

I'm shocked that you get the responses you do from your most ludicrous postings.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>No proof of god, your only reason here is to try to convert atheists. You can go back to the discovery institute now, its game over.
Skippy I'm afraid I must agree with KJV new name for you "septic" it truly is more fitting.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Lol

You're desperate
No he's correct. If he ways wrong you would have posted the proof against his statement. Your response is more proof that he is correct. No proof.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>No, you didn't write the Bible.

According to you, some people known as "they" write the Bible by correcting it every time a new document is found.
Does this shock you knot head?
How dare the Christians up date the New Testament from older scrolls that are from a time closer to the time that Jesus lived? Well they do and seeing that you think that you're the brightest bulb on the tree you should note that while somethings have been changed the messages of the New Testament has not changed.
In fact very little has changed. Other then the fact that the New Testament does come from the oldest known writings.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Let's hold this thought.

First you openly admit that the Bible is not perfect - I thank you for confirming to us that you don't believe the Bible is perfect....

KJV wrote, "
"When does religion correct itself?... "
All the time!!! Every time older documents are found they make the appropriate changes to the Bible.
"

To which I responded...

Khatru wrote, "
Really? Who are "they"?

Where are the corrections made to the Bible that incorporate the Acts of Paul and Thecla? Just think how you believers can thrill with excitement at the part where Thecla leaps into a moat full of man-eating seals and how Jehovah sends down a thunderbolt to kill all the seals.

Where's the Gospel of Thomas? It was found in 1945 and no insertions, deletions or amendments have been made to the Bible.
What about the Gospel of Peter? That was found in 1886. Where are the changes to the Bible made by these people you refer to as "they"?

You would have thought that they (whoever they may be) would have changed the Bible to accommodate Peter. After all, Peter's gospel provides the only eye-witness account of Jesus emerging from the tomb.

You believers love your eye-witness accounts so why hasn't the Bible been changed?

Peter tells us that Jesus emerged from the tomb with two angels and was followed by a talking cross. Once in the open, Jesus and the angels grew to a height of thousands of feet until their heads were lost in the heavens. According to the account, this was witnessed by a Roman centurion and his soldiers (usually eighty men) and also the Jewish Elders.

Why isn't this in the Bible?

Perhaps it's because your claims of amendments being made every time new documents are found is just another of your many lies.

Why do you lie?

You know it makes the baby Jesus weep."
So you are a theist!

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is this oooooga boooooogga
Caricature of a snot ball?
Welcome back.

Oooooga Booooogga?

He's a relative newcomer with the same mentality level as Skeptic and Kitten. I'm sure you get my drift.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Demonstrate how what I really said was a lie.
You took care of that yourself, as usual.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you didn't write the Bible.
According to you, some people known as "they" write the Bible by correcting it every time a new document is found.
What are the “new” documents which you continue failing to identify?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I lack the intestinal fortitude to read through the Bible in its entirety.
In any event I turn away from your superstition because of what I do know about it, not because of what I do not.
Besides, you don't need to know anything about fairy lore to have a sensible opinion about the existence of fairies.
So you lack intestinal fortitude, and you lack knowledge of the Bible. You admit you don't have the background to speak on it. In other words, you're not a worthy contributor to the forum.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••