Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments
9,861 - 9,880 of 11,175 Comments Last updated Jan 18, 2014

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
2.3% what a joke your religion is!
You claim all humans are born atheist.
Ok that means at one time you had 100% of the human population. The current percentage of the world population is at 2.3%.
That means that 97.7% of your congregation has left your faith!!
WTF is wrong with you guys?
97.7%!!!!!!!
Do you realize how many people that is?
Man you're not just losing them at that rate there running from you! LMFAO
You don't believe your own statistics.

We already know that you don't believe your own posts so this is just a natural follow-on from that fact.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"
The CIA World Factbook gives the world population as 7,021,836,029 (July 2012 est.) and the distribution of religions as Christian 33.35%(of which Roman Catholic 16.83%, Protestant 6.08%, Orthodox 4.03%, Anglican 1.26%), Muslim 22.43%, Hindu 13.78%, Buddhist 7.13%, Sikh 0.36%, Jewish 0.21%, Baha'i 0.11%, other religions 11.17%, non-religious 9.42%, atheists 2.04%."
Wow. A whole 2.04% you guys are kicking some ass. LOL
You don't believe your own statistics.

If you did, then you'd be in an Islamic or Hindu forum.

However you're not.

Why is that?

It's because you know that your myth is crumbling and you see Atheism as the biggest threat to your superstition.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you but I must inform you I did not write the Bible.
I sense frustration on your part. What you don't like being held to the facts?
You would love to jump science to change their theory's to facts so you can prove me wrong. To bad they are stuck at theory's because they are not facts.
No, you didn't write the Bible.

According to you, some people known as "they" write the Bible by correcting it every time a new document is found.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"in the unlikely event of me being wrong, I'm the first to admit it. "
Then your post should all be posted with a retraction. Oh well another atheist lie.
Lol

You accuse people of lying?

ROFLMAO!!!

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't know that?
Wow your list of uneducated just keeps growing.
Let's hold this thought.

First you openly admit that the Bible is not perfect - I thank you for confirming to us that you don't believe the Bible is perfect....
KJV wrote:
"When does religion correct itself?... "
All the time!!! Every time older documents are found they make the appropriate changes to the Bible.
To which I responded...
Khatru wrote:
Really? Who are "they"?

Where are the corrections made to the Bible that incorporate the Acts of Paul and Thecla? Just think how you believers can thrill with excitement at the part where Thecla leaps into a moat full of man-eating seals and how Jehovah sends down a thunderbolt to kill all the seals.

Where's the Gospel of Thomas? It was found in 1945 and no insertions, deletions or amendments have been made to the Bible.
What about the Gospel of Peter? That was found in 1886. Where are the changes to the Bible made by these people you refer to as "they"?

You would have thought that they (whoever they may be) would have changed the Bible to accommodate Peter. After all, Peter's gospel provides the only eye-witness account of Jesus emerging from the tomb.

You believers love your eye-witness accounts so why hasn't the Bible been changed?

Peter tells us that Jesus emerged from the tomb with two angels and was followed by a talking cross. Once in the open, Jesus and the angels grew to a height of thousands of feet until their heads were lost in the heavens. According to the account, this was witnessed by a Roman centurion and his soldiers (usually eighty men) and also the Jewish Elders.

Why isn't this in the Bible?

Perhaps it's because your claims of amendments being made every time new documents are found is just another of your many lies.

Why do you lie?

You know it makes the baby Jesus weep.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Computers, just like other things made by man, are imperfect like man. They constantly have to be updated and maintained. Many, like the theory of evolution, are obsolete and useless today.
Lol

The Theory of Evolution is a reality that terrifies you.

Although I doubt it terrifies you as much as your god does.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
It amazes me that you're so informed about Noah, yet you didn't read the rest of the Old Testament.
No wonder you don't believe in God, you don't know anything about the Bible or God.
Psalms 90:4
I lack the intestinal fortitude to read through the Bible in its entirety.

In any event I turn away from your superstition because of what I do know about it, not because of what I do not.

Besides, you don't need to know anything about fairy lore to have a sensible opinion about the existence of fairies.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

derek4 wrote:
Stalin imprisoned church leaders; churches closed down.
Neighbors reported violators and they were sent to the gulag.
When Stalin was in power, only party members were safe.
That's what atheists do.....
http://www.johndclare.net/Basics_Russia.htm
No copyrighted material was reproduced in this post.
How undignified for you to compare your superstition to Stalin.

This only serves to indicate just how threatened you feel.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>I lack the intestinal fortitude to read through the Bible in its entirety.

In any event I turn away from your superstition because of what I do know about it, not because of what I do not.

Besides, you don't need to know anything about fairy lore to have a sensible opinion about the existence of fairies.
Any attempts I've made to read the bible are just so monumentally tedious that I can't make it through a page without falling asleep.

There WAS a bible I found once when working in a building where I work that had been converted to a warehousing operation that was marked with tabs and highlighting that had some interesting and readable passages.

I could tell from the marked passages that whoever hadn't led them found some level of comfort and meaning in them.

I would be willing to bet that the person had little or no interest in science.

What bothers me most about the Christians here is their obstinate denial of established and proven science and their refusal to even recognize the existence of evidence is mind numbing.

It marks them as people whose beliefs cannot withstand reason.

Ignorance is understandable. Willful ignorance is not.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>Any attempts I've made to read the bible are just so monumentally tedious that I can't make it through a page without falling asleep.

There WAS a bible I found once when working in a building where I work that had been converted to a warehousing operation that was marked with tabs and highlighting that had some interesting and readable passages.

I could tell from the marked passages that whoever hadn't led them found some level of comfort and meaning in them.

I would be willing to bet that the person had little or no interest in science.

What bothers me most about the Christians here is their obstinate denial of established and proven science and their refusal to even recognize the existence of evidence is mind numbing.

It marks them as people whose beliefs cannot withstand reason.

Ignorance is understandable. Willful ignorance is not.
"Hadn't led" should be "had marked them".

No idea how that happened.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
I have shown that you refuse to start at the beginning. Zero. You have no proof for you to jump to a 1:1. There is no proof of the Big Bang only supporting evidence hence your still at zero.
There is no proof and no evidence of spontaneous life, again you're still at zero.
There is no proof of the theory of evolution. Again you're still at zero.
Now what was it that gets you off the zero?
That's NOT how probability theory works. You're just making stuff up.
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.reasons.org/articles/articles/fulf...
"Hence, the probability of chance fulfillment for this prophecy is 1 in 5000 x 10 x 2, which is 1 in 100,000, or 1 in 105."
Again with making stuff up. It's a shame you don't understand enough about probability to see just how lame this line of argument is.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"No, I don't have to start with zero here, that's just you lack of understanding."
Yes you would if you were intent on find the truth. Where is your proof to use the 1:1?
It not s "proof". It's basic application of probability.

From a population of 1 known (observed & measured) planet where life could possibly exist we have an observed and measured occurrence of 1 planet where life actually does exist.

In "1:1", the first 1 is the observed occurrences of a stated outcome and the second 1 is the sample size. Therefore probability theory dictates that on any planet where life could possibly exist as we know it, there is a 100% chance that life actually does exist.

As I have repeatedly told you, probability theory is meaningless with such a limited sample size. Your entire "odds are" argument is laughable.

I am truly sorry that this is apparently beyond your ability to understand.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
That's NOT how probability theory works. You're just making stuff up.
<quoted text>
Again with making stuff up. It's a shame you don't understand enough about probability to see just how lame this line of argument is.
I have tried to explain to him the very basics of probability, he simply refuses to learn or utilize logic.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I lack the intestinal fortitude to read through the Bible in its entirety.
Mark Twain - "It ain't the parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it's the parts that I do understand."

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I have tried to explain to him the very basics of probability, he simply refuses to learn or utilize logic.
I'm not really expecting him to ever understand. I post almost exclusively for other people reading the thread. Especially those that don't actively participate but are here because they are questioning their own long held beliefs.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not really expecting him to ever understand. I post almost exclusively for other people reading the thread. Especially those that don't actively participate but are here because they are questioning their own long held beliefs.
There seem to be many of those people too. It's refreshing when they speak up sometimes, just knowing they are there trying to learn.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh!
And what happens on earth when it happens?
The sun is a moderate variable over a period of days. The changes in the sun have almost no impact on the earth. The changes in the tilt of the earth have an effect on the length of the seasons and which areas of earth are warm or cold. This can affect things like glacial periods (of which there have been many). The changes in the orbit are mostly in terms of ellipticity, which again has little to no effect on the earth.

What did you think the effects would be?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Let's hold this thought.

First you openly admit that the Bible is not perfect - I thank you for confirming to us that you don't believe the Bible is perfect....

KJV wrote, "
All the time!!! Every time older documents are found they make the appropriate changes to the Bible.
"

To which I responded...

Khatru wrote, "
Really? Who are "they"?

Where are the corrections made to the Bible that incorporate the Acts of Paul and Thecla? Just think how you believers can thrill with excitement at the part where Thecla leaps into a moat full of man-eating seals and how Jehovah sends down a thunderbolt to kill all the seals.

Where's the Gospel of Thomas? It was found in 1945 and no insertions, deletions or amendments have been made to the Bible.
What about the Gospel of Peter? That was found in 1886. Where are the changes to the Bible made by these people you refer to as "they"?

You would have thought that they (whoever they may be) would have changed the Bible to accommodate Peter. After all, Peter's gospel provides the only eye-witness account of Jesus emerging from the tomb.

You believers love your eye-witness accounts so why hasn't the Bible been changed?

Peter tells us that Jesus emerged from the tomb with two angels and was followed by a talking cross. Once in the open, Jesus and the angels grew to a height of thousands of feet until their heads were lost in the heavens. According to the account, this was witnessed by a Roman centurion and his soldiers (usually eighty men) and also the Jewish Elders.

Perhaps it's because your claims of amendments being made every time new documents are found is just another of your many lies.

Why do you lie?

You know it makes the baby Jesus weep."
I think Peter found some really, REALLY good 'shrooms.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Let's hold this thought.

KJV wrote, "
"

To which I responded...

Khatru wrote, "
Really? Who are "they"?

Why do you lie?

You know it makes the baby Jesus weep."
He obviously missed the "jots and tittles" line.

(I love that word-tittles.)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Absolute proof is unavailable in the real world. It is restricted to mathematics. Bu tthe evidence supporting the Big Bang is such that we *know* that the universe has expanded from a hot, dense state. So the Big Bang is true.

[QUOTE]There is no proof and no evidence of spontaneous life, again you're still at zero.

[QUOTE]There is no proof of the theory of evolution. Again you're still at zero."

Life has changed over time. That alone shows evolution has happened. The particular mechanisms are still being discussed, but the fact is that species change over time.

[QUOTE]Now what was it that gets you off the zero?"

Actual evidence in the real world.

[QUOTE]http://www.reasons.org/ articles/articles/fulfilled-pr ophecy-evidence-for-the-reliab ility-of-the-bible
"Hence, the probability of chance fulfillment for this prophecy is 1 in 5000 x 10 x 2, which is 1 in 100,000, or 1 in 105."
"

Except, of course, that there were no unambiguous prophesies made ahead of time.
You know nothing of the sort. An explanation would be a Big Bang.
They fail to teach you the other possibilities or look for other possibilities. Bad science makes a conclusion then searches for evidences to back up a predetermined ending.

The problem with the Big Bang coming from a exploding spinning singularity is it would have to break about every law and theory of physics. I'll list a few that the Big Bang breaks, oh ya I'm aware science to get around this major problem with their theory is no laws of the universes existed until after the Big Bang happened by some Ridicules minuet amount of time, but it's just long enough they believe to sneak in the Big Bang. Now here is a few laws that's say the Big Bang never happened.

Gravity
First and second laws of thermodynamic.
Quantum Mechanics
String theory
The theory of Relativity
Law of Conservation of Matter

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 5 min Patrick 357
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 46 min CunningLinguist 224,019
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 3 hr Liam R 12
Of Interest InTheNews 3 hr Reason Personified 2
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr Patrick 181
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 7 hr Patrick 21,376
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 11 hr Thinking 831
•••
•••