Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments
9,821 - 9,840 of 11,175 Comments Last updated Jan 18, 2014
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>If it were possible, I'm sure she and I would chip in to charter a bus to take you back to the Dark Ages where religion ruled supreme.
How nice of you!
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Funny, your bible says the same thing about itself.
Book chapter and verse?
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Non-religious counts as well, because god is a religious belief. Not to mention many Buddhists are also atheists, as are many "other" religions. But meh, appeal to popularity only shows desperation. The majority of the population is wrong more often than correct, this has been demonstrated many times in history and has yet to be shown to be incorrect.
Nope Atheist is Atheist. Non-religious is non-religious. That's why they are listed separately because they are not the same thing.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>REALLY1?! THAT is the very BEST you can do?

Not very impressive.
By no means the best however it was all that was required.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
How nice of you!
You are very welcome. As soon as I can arrange the one way trip, I'll let you know.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
By no means the best however it was all that was required.
I am undaunted, therefore, it was wholly ineffective.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"never changing is always a bad thing"
You better hope the the Sun doesn't change or the orbit of the Earth doesn't change. Or the angle of the axis of the earth would not change. Or the Ocean Waters Salinity. I could go on but I believe I have made my Point that KK's statement was ludicrous.
No KK somethings are much better left unchanged.
Each and every one of those things *does* change.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Question for you.
You obviously believe that all life on earth has been traced back to a single speck of life. The first life form that self started in a very hostile environment ( of course it was not hostile to the first life form in fact it was perfect ) now science claims the earth is 4.7 billion years old.
And given that amount of time through natural selection we have all the live we see today plus all the the life that has gone extinct through natural selection.
Yet in 4.7 billion years a second life form never spontaneous started like the first life form. All life can be traced back to this first life form. All life has this DNA all put together the same way.
Actually, that is NOT what the science says. It says that all life that exists *today* is descended from one line of the original organisms. There may well have been several different lines of life at the beginning, but all but one has died off.
No second alien type of life form in 4.7 billion years. Only once did this happen why not a second time. After all things on earth just got better and better for life (as we know it Jim) yet the Goo Pool never produced a second life form.
Why?
The other lines died off. What we see today is from one line (or, perhaps, more that merged--we don't know the genetics of early life).
Why is all life related on earth and not a second life form, so to say a second blood line from a second original life form?
Why is that?
Do the math either life is not that special
And we should have by now seen a second very alien type of life. Or life is very very special and to think all this came from one speck of life is ludicrous.
My *guess is that life is fairly common in the universe, but I don't know that. Multi-cellular life is probably much less common (given the time it took on earth to develop).

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"probability is 1" if and only if it did happen. There is only evidence there is no proof so you cannot use 1. You failed. You were given your chance to prove your theory. Instead you jump to the conclusion that some guesses are fact. This is known as Bad science.
You appear to be a prominent member of that club.
The probability that the universe is expanding from a hot, dense state and that life has evolved are both well over 99.9999%. The details are less well established, but even those are being elucidated every day.

YOU are the one that claimed a probability calculation. What the assumptions are for that calculation, what the dependencies are, etc, are ALL not given. Instead, independence of variables *known* to be dependent is assumed and that alone disqualifies the calculation.

A *real* calculation of the probabilities is way beyond anything *anyone* can do simply because we do not know the parameter space relevant or what affects the location of our universe within that space.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
I have shown that you refuse to start at the beginning. Zero. You have no proof for you to jump to a 1:1. There is no proof of the Big Bang only supporting evidence hence your still at zero.
Absolute proof is unavailable in the real world. It is restricted to mathematics. Bu tthe evidence supporting the Big Bang is such that we *know* that the universe has expanded from a hot, dense state. So the Big Bang is true.
There is no proof and no evidence of spontaneous life, again you're still at zero.

[QUOTE]There is no proof of the theory of evolution. Again you're still at zero.
Life has changed over time. That alone shows evolution has happened. The particular mechanisms are still being discussed, but the fact is that species change over time.
Now what was it that gets you off the zero?
Actual evidence in the real world.
http://www.reasons.org/article s/articles/fulfilled-prophecy- evidence-for-the-reliability-o f-the-bible
"Hence, the probability of chance fulfillment for this prophecy is 1 in 5000 x 10 x 2, which is 1 in 100,000, or 1 in 105."
Except, of course, that there were no unambiguous prophesies made ahead of time.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Well, evidence is better than no evidence. We have evidence, you have none. We're still way ahead of you.
Lies again

We have evidence.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>The "odds?" Probability demonstrates no such thing.
Wrong.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>You like to skip steps in everything, this particular time it's actually another of your strawmen. I said the chemicals required for the formations of protocells, the ones that can become life according to our understanding of it, are consumed by modern life forms. Thus, the chemicals themselves are consumed before forming any protocells. No protocells, no life.
No you were just caught in another lie
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>Here we are.
I say God made you zip your back to zero.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
How's that computer working?
Computers, just like other things made by man, are imperfect like man. They constantly have to be updated and maintained. Many, like the theory of evolution, are obsolete and useless today.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>I am undaunted, therefore, it was wholly ineffective.
Wrong

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Why would I go and read the previous post of a massive tit like you that refuses to check his own posts?
<quoted text>
By all means, read whatever you choose, and act like an immature child anytime you feel like it.

Lie down on the floor and scream.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Each and every one of those things *does* change.
Duh!

And what happens on earth when it happens?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You apparently had trouble in school.
You see the question was not "is there a universe and is there life".
The question was how did the universes get here. You have NO proof of the Big Bang only evidence so you cannot start with 1 you must start with zero here.
Spontaneous life, no proof no evidence you must use zero here also
By his own admission, Hedonist was a theology school dropout (or reject, I forget which) from 40 years ago, lol.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"never changing is always a bad thing"
You better hope the the Sun doesn't change or the orbit of the Earth doesn't change. Or the angle of the axis of the earth would not change. Or the Ocean Waters Salinity. I could go on but I believe I have made my Point that KK's statement was ludicrous.
No KK somethings are much better left unchanged.
Amen brother!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••