Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 Full story: The Star Press 11,175

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Full Story

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#10320 Jan 5, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm no longer playing that game KK.
I am supposable talking with intelligent well read atheist that all claim to know the Bible better then the Christians on theses threads. So I don't need to show you stuff on the Bible, you already know what I'm talking about or you're a lier and you are not knowledgable at all about the Bible and haven't a clue how to use Google.
Yet we can find references to support everything we say. Just because you deny the stuff you don't like, doesn't make us wrong.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#10321 Jan 5, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You apparently had trouble in school.
You see the question was not "is there a universe and is there life".
The question was how did the universes get here. You have NO proof of the Big Bang only evidence so you cannot start with 1 you must start with zero here.
Spontaneous life, no proof no evidence you must use zero here also
Translation:-

"I am too f.cking stupid to understand anything about science or math therefor anything based on those subjects is wrong.

BTW That is called the arrogance of ignorance.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#10322 Jan 5, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"never changing is always a bad thing"
You better hope the the Sun doesn't change or the orbit of the Earth doesn't change. Or the angle of the axis of the earth would not change. Or the Ocean Waters Salinity. I could go on but I believe I have made my Point that KK's statement was ludicrous.
No KK somethings are much better left unchanged.
It was a dying sun that made our planet possible. Our sun, Sol, is constantly changing, it's cooking elements, creating heavier ones. Oceanic salinity changes quite a bit. The axis of the Earth is always changing. Our weather changes, our climate changes, the stars' positions change. Our moon is receding from the Earth, tides are changing, tides are change. We survive in spite of these changes, that's why our species didn't die off before learning to refine our skills.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

#10323 Jan 5, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a dying sun that made our planet possible. Our sun, Sol, is constantly changing, it's cooking elements, creating heavier ones. Oceanic salinity changes quite a bit. The axis of the Earth is always changing. Our weather changes, our climate changes, the stars' positions change. Our moon is receding from the Earth, tides are changing, tides are change. We survive in spite of these changes, that's why our species didn't die off before learning to refine our skills.
The idea that the Earth wobbles is beyond the ability of the religulous to grasp.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#10324 Jan 5, 2013
Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>
The idea that the Earth wobbles is beyond the ability of the religulous to grasp.
I'm sorry, I'll get the mop.
KJV

United States

#10325 Jan 5, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>So you are saying youtube contains the valuable scientific findings of credible scientists while Foreign Policy Magazine's list top global thinkers are brainwashed? Brilliant.
LOL
It does get better with her!
That's pretty much how they handle
Any proof of their science failures.
No matter what it is Theist are nuts and atheist rule supreme. LOL
Well heck they don't even know what there religion is. What exactly atheism means. Now why they want the definition of Agnostic to be used for the word atheist you got me. I guess they just don't like the true definition of their faith (must look bad).

Well enjoy their come backs it's more like comedy night then a real discussion.
KJV

United States

#10326 Jan 5, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I am, let's compare:

Foreign Policy is about foreign affairs ... it's a rag about gossip and policies.

YouTube contains lectures from the greates universities, Berkeley is my personal favorite, and vlogs from many scientists, yes, actual scientists, they have some interesting user names too. Documentaries from some of the best sources, not just cable TV crab either. As well as sponsored scientific events, music by geeks about science, footage of actual experiments, and some wonderful, well studied, people.

I think YouTube wins hands down, if you don't agree then you are insane. Pretty simple, no?
"if you don't agree then you are insane."
Typical atheist response.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#10327 Jan 5, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
It does get better with her!
That's pretty much how they handle
Any proof of their science failures.
No matter what it is Theist are nuts and atheist rule supreme. LOL
Well heck they don't even know what there religion is. What exactly atheism means. Now why they want the definition of Agnostic to be used for the word atheist you got me. I guess they just don't like the true definition of their faith (must look bad).
Well enjoy their come backs it's more like comedy night then a real discussion.
If it were possible, I'm sure she and I would chip in to charter a bus to take you back to the Dark Ages where religion ruled supreme.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#10328 Jan 5, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"if you don't agree then you are insane."
Typical atheist response.
Funny, your bible says the same thing about itself.
KJV

United States

#10329 Jan 5, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<
Puppet boy can't remember anything as his Pi argument about the bible and Pi is nothing it's been debunked yet it's all he has so he keeps swing away with it. Kind of sad.

"The Bible and the Value of "PI"

Does the Bible contain a mathematical error? Not at all!

Biblical Value of Pi

1.0471698, which multiplied by 3 is pi. "1047" in the Old Testament lexicon can be transliterated as "pi." Hence, "house of pi." Indeed, truth is stranger than fiction.
Solomon and the Molten Sea

In describing the temple that King Solomon built for the King of Kings, several articles of furniture are described. One of these pieces is “a molten sea.” II Chronicles 4:2 reads thus,“Also he made a molten sea of ten cubits from brim to brim, round in compass, and five cubits the height thereof; and a line of thirty cubits did compass it round about.” A supposed discrepancy has arisen from this passage concerning the mathematical accuracy of the Bible. The value of π(pi) is known to be equal to the circumference of a circle divided by its diameter,

The a fore mentioned scripture states that the molten sea was “ten cubits from brim to brim” and “a line of thirty cubits did compass it round about;” thus, its diameter was 10 cubits, and its circumference 30 cubits. Dividing this circumference of 30 by a diameter of 10 gives a value of exactly 3. This is where the questions arise. It is commonly known that the value of π is approximately 3.14159265358979. In fact, this value has been proven so exactly, that its value is known to hundreds of thousands of digits.

Why then does the Bible appear to give the value of π to be 3? A diameter of 10 cubits should yield a circle having a circumference of more that 31.4 cubits--not 30 cubits. Is the Bible just rounding things off? Are the Biblical values just approximate and not really exact? If we see here that the scripture is not exact, what otherpassages also contain words that cannot be received with complete accuracy?

1 Kings 7:26 It [the above mentioned metal pool] was a handbreadth in thickness, and its rim was like the rim of a cup,like a lily blossom. It held two thousand baths.

If the diameter of this bowl was 10 cubits, then the circumference should have been 31.415926 cubits, and not just 30 cubits! Any math student will tell you that the circumference of a circle is found by taking the diameter times Pi (3.14159265358979...), is commonly approximated by 22/7 if great accuracy is not needed. Is this an error? Think again. The answer is so simple!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#10331 Jan 5, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
If it were possible, I'm sure she and I would chip in to charter a bus to take you back to the Dark Ages where religion ruled supreme.
I'd pitch in for sending them all back there, including the conspiracy nuts that think this era is somehow worse than the past eras. They can all die of gangrene and foot rot while the rest of us enjoy the comforts of modern science.
KJV

United States

#10332 Jan 5, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Come back when you know what Pi is and that a circle is not a sphere.
Wishing I would leave?
Why is that? Because I keep debunking your third grade arguments against the Bible?

Go back to your comic books, hear you're almost done with Scooby doobie doo! NN
KJV

United States

#10333 Jan 5, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Here's one of those ways...

"Traces of ancient viruses which infected our ancestors millions of years ago are more widespread in us than previously thought."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment...

"One of the viruses was found to have invaded the genome of a common ancestor around 100 million years ago with its remnants discovered in almost every mammal in the study.

Another infected an early primate with the result that it was found in apes, humans and other primates as well."
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
endogenous retroviruses do not rely on the fossil record and they also prove evolution is a fact. There are 29 different ways to prove evolution is a fact.
Your God ... not so much."

FACT evolutions is not a fact!
Idiots and liars listed above!

Dolts!
KJV

United States

#10334 Jan 5, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Atheism is growing in the USA, you're a bit behind us in Europe but you will catch up.

If you know anything about China you'll know how superstitious they are and that nothing (not even religious structures) will be built without checking that the spirits are happy.

No church, mosque or temple is built without consulting the local feng shui man who checks the geomancy is right.

Any Christian movement in China will be inscrutably monitored by the government. We've already seen them come down hard on Christians who believed the world was ending. Christians in China will need to toe the party line.

In other words, Christianity in China will be on Chinese terms - you do know that bishops are appointed by the CCP and not by the Vatican.

Moreover, unlike us western countries which are nation states, China is a civilisation state with unbroken links and traditions going back thousands of years.

One of those traditions which Christianity can never hope to replace is the Chinese practice of ancestor worship. If Christianity hopes to survive in China then it will have to prostitute itself by making compromises that appeal to the Chinese and thus becoming a different Christianity to the one you're familiar with.

In any event, Christianity will always be viewed as a western movement and will never reach the level of acceptance that it achieved in Europe and America.
2.3% what a joke your religion is!

You claim all humans are born atheist.
Ok that means at one time you had 100% of the human population. The current percentage of the world population is at 2.3%.

That means that 97.7% of your congregation has left your faith!!

WTF is wrong with you guys?
97.7%!!!!!!!
Do you realize how many people that is?

Man you're not just losing them at that rate there running from you! LMFAO
KJV

United States

#10335 Jan 5, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Atheism is growing in the USA, you're a bit behind us in Europe but you will catch up.

If you know anything about China you'll know how superstitious they are and that nothing (not even religious structures) will be built without checking that the spirits are happy.

No church, mosque or temple is built without consulting the local feng shui man who checks the geomancy is right.

Any Christian movement in China will be inscrutably monitored by the government. We've already seen them come down hard on Christians who believed the world was ending. Christians in China will need to toe the party line.

In other words, Christianity in China will be on Chinese terms - you do know that bishops are appointed by the CCP and not by the Vatican.

Moreover, unlike us western countries which are nation states, China is a civilisation state with unbroken links and traditions going back thousands of years.

One of those traditions which Christianity can never hope to replace is the Chinese practice of ancestor worship. If Christianity hopes to survive in China then it will have to prostitute itself by making compromises that appeal to the Chinese and thus becoming a different Christianity to the one you're familiar with.

In any event, Christianity will always be viewed as a western movement and will never reach the level of acceptance that it achieved in Europe and America.
"

The CIA World Factbook gives the world population as 7,021,836,029 (July 2012 est.) and the distribution of religions as Christian 33.35%(of which Roman Catholic 16.83%, Protestant 6.08%, Orthodox 4.03%, Anglican 1.26%), Muslim 22.43%, Hindu 13.78%, Buddhist 7.13%, Sikh 0.36%, Jewish 0.21%, Baha'i 0.11%, other religions 11.17%, non-religious 9.42%, atheists 2.04%."

Wow. A whole 2.04% you guys are kicking some ass. LOL
KJV

United States

#10337 Jan 5, 2013
Khatru wrote:

"A survey published in the 2010 Encyclopedia Britannica stated that 2.3% of the world's population consists of individuals who profess "atheism, skepticism, disbelief, or irreligion, including the militantly antireligious." In regards to the 2.3% figure just mentioned, the 2010 survey cited by Encyclopedia Britannica survey did not include Buddhist in regards to the 2.3% figure and Buddhism can be theistic or atheistic."

Wikipedia:

"Another survey attributed to Britannica shows the population of atheists at around 2.4% of the world's population.[citation needed] It is difficult to determine whether atheism is growing or not"

Wikipedia :

"2011 poll by AP/Ipsos surveyed ten countries. Of the developed nations, people in the United States were most sure of the existence of God or a higher power (2% atheist, 4% agnostic)"

Wikipedia :

"According to one estimate, atheists make up about 2.3% of the world's population"

"In 2011, a Pew Forum survey found that the atheist population in the United States was 1.6% of the American population."

"Global atheism is shrinking and demographic changes in the United States and the world are expected to shrink the influence of American secularism.
In 2012, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary reported that globally every day there are 800 less atheists per day, 1,100 less non-religious (agnostic) people per day and 83,000 more people professing to be Christians per day.
In 2011, the American Spectator declared concerning research published in the International Bulletin of

Missionary Research:
The report estimates about 80,000 new Christians every day, 79,000 new Muslims every day, and 300 fewer atheists every day. These atheists are presumably disproportionately represented in the West, while religion is thriving in the Global South, where charismatic Christianity is exploding."
KJV

United States

#10338 Jan 5, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>Well, maybe YOU will be the one to finally unite quantum mechanics and gravity.

It must be somewhere in that perfect bible of yours, since the book is perfect.

Maybe the GUT is really GOD, right?

That would be such a useful explanation. And it's so simple.

Right?
Batty are you having a bad day?
Not much of a post was it?

FYI, I'm not working on those failed science theory's. you keep up the good work with your science that is wrong more then it's right.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#10339 Jan 5, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"
The CIA World Factbook gives the world population as 7,021,836,029 (July 2012 est.) and the distribution of religions as Christian 33.35%(of which Roman Catholic 16.83%, Protestant 6.08%, Orthodox 4.03%, Anglican 1.26%), Muslim 22.43%, Hindu 13.78%, Buddhist 7.13%, Sikh 0.36%, Jewish 0.21%, Baha'i 0.11%, other religions 11.17%, non-religious 9.42%, atheists 2.04%."
Wow. A whole 2.04% you guys are kicking some ass. LOL
Non-religious counts as well, because god is a religious belief. Not to mention many Buddhists are also atheists, as are many "other" religions. But meh, appeal to popularity only shows desperation. The majority of the population is wrong more often than correct, this has been demonstrated many times in history and has yet to be shown to be incorrect.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#10340 Jan 5, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
endogenous retroviruses do not rely on the fossil record and they also prove evolution is a fact. There are 29 different ways to prove evolution is a fact.
Your God ... not so much."
FACT evolutions is not a fact!
Idiots and liars listed above!
Dolts!
REALLY1?! THAT is the very BEST you can do?

Not very impressive.
KJV

United States

#10341 Jan 5, 2013
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, you wanted a response? Why?

Then you got real demanding, as though you are dictating to other posters to answer you; dictating your beliefs, lol.

Most of us don't have to get input from other people in order to state our own beliefs.

You're as insecure as oogah boogah, lol.
oogah boogah / the serpent was right / Septic / bobby

And more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Eagle 12 233,248
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 35 min thetruth 222
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 39 min thetruth 23,290
God' existence 2 hr thetruth 100
Evidence for God! 2 hr thetruth 378
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 2 hr thetruth 2,637
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 2 hr thetruth 183
More from around the web