Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments
9,741 - 9,760 of 11,175 Comments Last updated Jan 18, 2014

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#10279 Jan 5, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Added by later writers to try and explain away the failed prophecies of Jesus.
Anyway, nice to know that you don't believe it took your god six days to create the world.
What year was it added? 1954?

Where did I say God created the world in 6 literal days?

Who knows if it was 6 (24 hour) days or 6000 years? It doesn't matter to me.

LOL

Location hidden

#10280 Jan 5, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Given KJV's failure to address his own contradictions, I thought I'd see if you were prepared to help him out.
You're not.
Some buddy you are.
Why do atheists always have to hold each other up – fight battles for each other?

KJV doesn't need me to “go to bat” for him.

BUT: I did explain to you that there are not new documents which change the Bible. In the past century, there have been new findings of old documents from the Bible period. I guess you failed to catch that, but since I'm used to you missing things, I'll forgive you, lol - just don't do it again.

Location hidden

#10281 Jan 5, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is growing in the USA, you're a bit behind us in Europe but you will catch up.
If you know anything about China you'll know how superstitious they are and that nothing (not even religious structures) will be built without checking that the spirits are happy.
No church, mosque or temple is built without consulting the local feng shui man who checks the geomancy is right.
Any Christian movement in China will be inscrutably monitored by the government. We've already seen them come down hard on Christians who believed the world was ending. Christians in China will need to toe the party line.
In other words, Christianity in China will be on Chinese terms - you do know that bishops are appointed by the CCP and not by the Vatican.
Moreover, unlike us western countries which are nation states, China is a civilisation state with unbroken links and traditions going back thousands of years.
One of those traditions which Christianity can never hope to replace is the Chinese practice of ancestor worship. If Christianity hopes to survive in China then it will have to prostitute itself by making compromises that appeal to the Chinese and thus becoming a different Christianity to the one you're familiar with.
In any event, Christianity will always be viewed as a western movement and will never reach the level of acceptance that it achieved in Europe and America.
We need a link supporting your concluding statement, since it's already been proven false.

Your whole post is a great big mess; LMAO

As we have seen, Christianity is growing in China.

So you admit that your original statement was wrong where you indicated the growth of Christianity depended on who was in power in the government?

Thanks, Khatru. At least you kind of admit it when you're wrong.

Location hidden

#10282 Jan 5, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Still using that computer, I see.
And you're still using your computer. At least we agree on one thing - we are both using a computer.

What good would your computer do you if God hadn't given you a brain?

the computer is a wonderful machine. It took years to develop by trained engineers, analysts, talent, and training from all walks of life, and all kinds of occupations to produce.

I'm thankful for it.

However, I'm so much more thankful that God created the human brain, which no computer could ever match.

Location hidden

#10283 Jan 5, 2013
One of the most prominent evangelists in the world today says charges God deniers know they are wrong.

Ray Comfort explains that the reason atheists hate God so much is because they know he exists. There would be no reason to hate something imaginary.

Of course, many atheists will deny their hatred of God, but the hate that comes through in their comments proves otherwise.

http://www.wnd.com/2009/02/87777/

No copyrighted material was reproduced in this post.

Location hidden

#10284 Jan 5, 2013
This writer tells why he left atheism.

He came to recognize he was indoctrinated as a child.

That's probably why most atheist children leave the atheist faith when they become adults.

But the atheists and agnostics in this forum exemplify people who have never grown up.

http://www.doesgodexist.org/AboutClayton/Past...

Location hidden

#10285 Jan 5, 2013
Just some thoughts.........Why are atheists in this forum wasting their valuable time supporting one anothers' meaningless posts? Do they think this will further their cause? The public at large doesn't even know about those wasted efforts.

Also, why do atheists have to “go to bat” for each other? They can't see how that makes it appear their individual posts are inferior and have to “backed up” by each other?

Then, at other times, atheists just rip each other to shreds, lol - fighting amongst themselves like angry little chickens.

Shouldn't they be helping each other out more in public, instead of tearing each other apart for the news to publish?

No – instead, they do what many other any self-destructive groups do – they fight among themselves, breaking down their own “movement” into little segments – many of them publicly renouncing their own - not supporting each other.

Take S.E. Cupp, for example. She's a self-loathing atheist that wouldn't even vote for an atheist, lol.

Why? One reason is because she recognizes that atheists don't belong in public office since they represent such an insignificant segment of society. In other words, they aren't representative of what the public wants or believes in.

The included link tells more about her views.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/atheist-s-e-c...

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#10287 Jan 5, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Not going thru that every time someone wants to dispute the numbers. I have posted the numbers many times and no doubt I will again. But you really have no interest in the honest truth about these odds you're simply looking for a battle trying to shoot hole in the calculations.
You have presented numbers and I have shown how the calculations are wrong. You have not replied to my critiques.
Sense there is No proof of the Big Bang or spontaneous life or macro evolution.
On the contrary, there is plenty of proof of the Big Bang: a universe expanding from a very hot dense state. For example, here is an analysis of the WMAP data:

http://arxiv.org/abs/1212.5226

Feel free to criticize the details.

There is also plenty of proof that species change over time due to natural selection (the Theory of evolution). From fossils to genetic data, to biochemistry, the evidence ALL supports evolution.
Start with the odds of nothing exploding and creating everything we see today and billions of things we have not see or may never see.
Your lack of understanding of what the science says is not a criticism of that science. The vacuum state in theories of what happens prior to a Big Bang are NOT nothing.
Ok nothing is what we are all starting with. Take your ZERO and turn it into a for sure thing. You can't, I can't, math can't. Only God can. It really is that simple. But if you like, search the earlier postings by me or just google it and you'll see the odd of your way of creation.
Although you might now realize this, you are essentially arguing for a conservation law (or matter or energy), but the theory of the Big Bang is quite consistent with such conservation laws. In fact, the energy from gravitational curvature is negative and exactly balances that for ordinary matter and energy, so we actually have zero even today if you calculate correctly.
Now take a book that has 2500 Prophesies in it an start with prophesies number 1 coming true then take that and the odds of prophesies number 2 coming true. Now what are the odds that the same book predicted 2 prophesies and both came true to a tee.
Then keep adding the odds up until you have completed about 2000 prophesies calculations compounded. All from one book.
Only science books make clear, precise, testable predictions. Your Bible only makes vague and trivial prophesies dependent on interpretation. You lose.
What you wind up with is basically Zero chance if the Big Bang etc. creating what we have now to day.
And a very high probability of the Bible being accurate.
But that's just mathematics not science.
Have a nice day.
Again, no actual calculations here or even any discussion of assumptions to base such calculations upon.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#10288 Jan 5, 2013
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
What year was it added? 1954?
Where did I say God created the world in 6 literal days?
Who knows if it was 6 (24 hour) days or 6000 years? It doesn't matter to me.
LOL
Who knows when it was added.

The Catholics put the Bible together to suit their purpose - your entire belief system is based on their agenda.

So you're not a Bible literalist. Neither is KJV.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#10289 Jan 5, 2013
KJV wrote:
Now take a book that has 2500 Prophesies in it an start with prophesies number 1 coming true then take that and the odds of prophesies number 2 coming true. Now what are the odds that the same book predicted 2 prophesies and both came true to a tee.
Your book can't even get right the 'prophesy' at the heart of its myth: that Jesus was born of a virgin. The *original*'prophesy' did not mention a virgin, but only a 'young woman'. Furthermore, taken in context, that 'prophesy' was predicting the birth of the prophet's own son.

Show *any* actual prophesy that is unambiguous, precise and was made before the events it prophesied. You can't show one. All are vague 'feet of clay' prophesies that can be twisted for any events you wish or were made after the fact and written as if they happened before.

Nottingham, UK

#10290 Jan 5, 2013
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do atheists always have to hold each other up – fight battles for each other?
KJV doesn't need me to “go to bat” for him.
BUT: I did explain to you that there are not new documents which change the Bible. In the past century, there have been new findings of old documents from the Bible period. I guess you failed to catch that, but since I'm used to you missing things, I'll forgive you, lol - just don't do it again.
And there was me thinking that you believers were full of brotherly love. I guess I was wrong.

Looks like you can learn a thing or two from Atheists.

Location hidden

#10291 Jan 5, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Added by later writers to try and explain away the failed prophecies of Jesus.
Anyway, nice to know that you don't believe it took your god six days to create the world.
By the way - not added by “later writers”- just confirmed by "later writers".

From the Old Testament, Psalms 90:4

Nottingham, UK

#10292 Jan 5, 2013
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
We need a link supporting your concluding statement, since it's already been proven false.
Your whole post is a great big mess; LMAO
As we have seen, Christianity is growing in China.
So you admit that your original statement was wrong where you indicated the growth of Christianity depended on who was in power in the government?
Thanks, Khatru. At least you kind of admit it when you're wrong.
Here's that post of mine you're referring to. It was a good one - thanks for giving me an opportunity to share it with you again.
Khatru wrote:
Christianity has a habit of getting into bed with whoever is in power. Witness it's migration over the centuries from Rome through Europe and then on to America.

Now the world's centre of gravity has moved to Beijing and Christianity will soon be abandoning America and trying to muscle in on China. That will be its undoing as the vast majority of Chinese view Christianity as a tool of the west. The Chinese ancestor religion is deeply established and the Chinese love their culture and history in ways that we in the west struggle to grasp.

The future belongs to the Chinese and the world they will shape will be decidedly different from the one that's been shaped by western influences and that includes Christianity.
By the way, in the unlikely event of me being wrong, I'm the first to admit it. See my previous post for an example of that.

Location hidden

#10293 Jan 5, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Who knows when it was added.
The Catholics put the Bible together to suit their purpose - your entire belief system is based on their agenda.
So you're not a Bible literalist. Neither is KJV.
So you don't know when it was "added" ?

It wasn't added by “later writers”- just confirmed by "later writers".

From the Old Testament, Psalms 90:4

Location hidden

#10294 Jan 5, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's that post of mine you're referring to. It was a good one - thanks for giving me an opportunity to share it with you again.
<quoted text>
By the way, in the unlikely event of me being wrong, I'm the first to admit it. See my previous post for an example of that.
It's always a pleasure to read your writings again and again. Post your Noah writing again, would you? It's no more credible the second time around, but we know you're proud of it. Sorry, you're wrong. Do your research and get back to us, if you like. Or stay wrong - the choice is all yours, lol.

Location hidden

#10295 Jan 5, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
And there was me thinking that you believers were full of brotherly love. I guess I was wrong.
Looks like you can learn a thing or two from Atheists.
Actually, you were right about the brotherly love among Christians, and I appreciate you recognizing it.

That's something atheists don't have. Be sure to read my other post about S.E. Cupp which confirms it, lol.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#10296 Jan 5, 2013
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, thanks for demonstrating that to us. Thanks for staying the same - predictably wrong, lol.
... and he goes for the deflection! He may have something there. Ben, what do you see at the sidelines?

Ben: It looks like the deflection veered the ball off target ... wait, oh wow, holy .... what the? She pulls a decoy play right in the middle of the deflection. The other team is not at a loss, confused on the court.

Announcer: Well they'd better get their act together because if they keep letting the ball fall like that they'll never make any yardage.

Ben: Yes, this is a messy game, the A's have it in the bag though, they just have too much evidence and integrity in their defense and their offense is way too secure in themselves, nothing can break the A's, but the Crosses, with only one play book, can't seem to get it out of the end field.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#10297 Jan 5, 2013
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>It's always a pleasure to read your writings again and again. Post your Noah writing again, would you? It's no more credible the second time around, but we know you're proud of it. Sorry, you're wrong. Do your research and get back to us, if you like. Or stay wrong - the choice is all yours, lol.
Too bad you can't afford to buy a clue.

How's that computer working?
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#10298 Jan 5, 2013
Why would I go and read the previous post of a massive tit like you that refuses to check his own posts?
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you were right about the brotherly love among Christians, and I appreciate you recognizing it.
That's something atheists don't have. Be sure to read my other post about S.E. Cupp which confirms it, lol.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#10299 Jan 5, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Why would I go and read the previous post of a massive tit like you that refuses to check his own posts?
<quoted text>
Derek even posts links that actually counter his argument, he and Maz are probably twins ... or socks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 3 hr religionislies 58
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr religionislies 226,397
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 5 hr Mikko 21,506
The Ultimate Evidence of God 10 hr CunningLinguist 65
The myth of the angry atheist 16 hr _Bad Company 1
I left Creationism! Ask me anything! 18 hr Patrick 7
100% Faith Free 18 hr CunningLinguist 14
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••