Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments (Page 485)

Showing posts 9,681 - 9,700 of11,195
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

derek4 wrote:
I never had much confidence in flawed evidence
Really?

So why do you believe the Jesus myth is for real?
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>I dont know how KJV can account for the fossil record. Maybe Yahweh put those fossils in the ground to deliberate mislead us :)
You really need to widen your education.

"Polystrate Fossils:
One of the strongest pieces of evidence for a worldwide flood is the existence of what Rupke termed "polystrate fossils." Such fossils are found all over the world. They usually consist of fossil trees that were buried upright, and which often traverse multiple layers of strata such as sandstone, limestone, shale, and even coal beds. They range in size from small rootlets to trees over 80 feet long. Sometimes they are oblique in relation to the surrounding strata, but more often they are perpendicular to it. For example, at Joggins, Nova Scotia, polystrate tree (and root) fossils are found at various intervals throughout roughly 2,500 feet of strata. Many of these are from 10-20 feet long, and at least one was 40 feet long."

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for adding to his faiths
You're welcome.

Glad you agree that religion = superstition

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem afraid of Langoliers!
Been bitch slapped by him too many times?
Afraid?

Lol

You're deluded.

How can I be afraid of someone who bitch slaps himself?

Strangely enough, you are also adept at bitch slapping yourself.

What was that you said about the Bible being imperfect?

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Langoliers is just another religitard sock.
e.g. I only post as "Thinking" but your lot have to plump up your dwindling numbers by lying.
<quoted text>
They're running scared.

Despite their bluster, they know that atheism is on the rise and it will eventually put paid to their superstition.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"You can believe in God and be wrong
Or you can believe there is no God and be wrong. "
One of the two is correct.
You have no proof that there is no God
I have strong evidence that there is a God.
So now that that is done lets get back to some really funny stuff like Spontaneous life generation.
Come on puppet boy tell me all about it.
Spontaneous Life. LOL
What a joke!
You have no proof that there is a god.

What's your strong evidence? It can't be the Bible because we know you think its imperfect.

Spontaneous life generation is your department. After all, you're the one who believes in the literal meaning of Genesis. Strangely enough, when it comes to 1 Kings you abandon that literal view. Why the inconsistency, wetpants?

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
it's well above your capacity to write such an answer. At least he gave it a legit attempt. Falling short of being correct but still a much better attempt
then anything you could come up with.
I've learned from my dealings with you.

You and your funny beliefs are best mocked.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I am very familiar with what math is. So please explain to me how those are 'blown out of the water' by math. In particular, if you are computing probabilities, please give detailed reasons for thinking events are independent if you multiply the probabilities. Otherwise, you are simply doing the math incorrectly.
Nope. The math is correct.
The odds against the big three (The Big Bang, Spontaneous Life, Evolution)
vs the odds that the 2000 prophecy that have come true all from one book (The Bible).

Look at those two sets of numbers.
The odds that the big 3 are correct and evolution has brought us all the way up to today.

And the odds of those prophecies around 2000 all listed in one book all fulfilled to date leavening less then 500 prophecies that for tell the end time.

According to math it's no contest.
The Bible wins hands down.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
vs the odds that the 2000 prophecy that have come true all from one book (The Bible).
The odds that the big 3 are correct and evolution has brought us all the way up to today.
And the odds of those prophecies around 2000 all listed in one book all fulfilled to date leavening less then 500 prophecies that for tell the end time.
As I prophecised, your analysis of the odds is severely flawed.

We can over look for the moment, the causal effect I pointed out earlier.

Let's just consider your Messiah prophesy for a moment. The OT propagandized there would be a Messiah named 'Immanuel'.... we'll even over look the fact that no part of Jesus' name is 'Immanuel'.

What are the odds in the first century with this "prophecy" in effect and hundreds of first century preachers vie-ing to be declared this Messiah ... what are the odds that someone would claim either to BE this Messiah or to have found this Messiah and can speak for him (like Saul/Paul likely did).... what are the "odds" of this even in your crackpot estimation?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

The majority of people used to think the earth was flat. The best rise to the top and usually they are few and sadly there are many naive people fearing a delusion called god.
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
In 2010, there were 2.30 billion Christians in the world, an increase of 300 million from two billion in 2005.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_popula...
I'd like to see the statistics on the explosive growth of atheism as it takes over the world. Can you help us with that, Adam?
Also, we would appreciate some statistics from you on how many millions of people were killed by communistic atheist regimes in our world history.
Thanks for your cooperation.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Going back to listing the facts of evolution.
1)
Thanks for admitting you have not once looked at the evidence and facts shown to you.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
A statement after the fact is not a prophecy, and nothing in the bible was written prior to those, except the one that was forcibly fulfilled by humans who believe in that nonsense. Face it, you are lying now.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

You will have to show these so called prophecies that are specific not vague and proven to have happened after the passage was written. Again specific not some random vague oh bad things will happen lol!

Jesus stated children sitting at his feet would not die before the end would come. Jesus was wrong :)

But worse if he is god or his son and he couldn't even get that right what can he get right? Even worse he is the one that is supposed to be leading the charge for the end days! What did he just get bored for 2000 years? Did he not get it on his to do list? Wtf!

Ok we will be waiting for these 2000 specific prophecies that ONLY happened after the passage was written.

Hurry up now.
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>You should take your god filters off before reading science. You made an assumption before even reading the post, and it's showing.
You are correct I miss read the post.

"Evolutionists have used shared mistakes in ‘junk DNA’ as ‘proof’ that humans and chimps have a common ancestor. However, if the similar sequences are functional, which they are progressively proving to be, their argument evaporates.

It seems that evolutionist Dr John Mattick, director of the Institute for Molecular Bioscience at the University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia, was spot on in his assessment of the gravity of the ‘junk DNA’ error:

‘The failure to recognize the full implications of this—particularly the possibility that the intervening noncoding sequences may be transmitting parallel information … may well go down as one of the biggest mistakes in the history of molecular biology.
Both biblical creationists and ID proponents predicted that transposable elements, such as ‘endogenous retroviruses’, would have a function. In 2000, creationist molecular biologist Linda Walkup proposed that God could have created transposable elements to facilitate variation (adaptation) within biblical kinds.

If the ‘junk DNA’ is not junk, then it puts a big spanner in the work of molecular taxonomists, who assumed that ‘junk DNA’ was free to mutate at random, unconstrained by the requirements of functionality. As Williams points out:

‘The molecular taxonomists, who have been drawing up evolutionary histories (“phylogenies”) for nearly every kind of life, are going to have to undo all their years of “junk DNA”-based historical reconstructions and wait for the full implications to emerge before they try again.’"
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Which part of evolution? Here's the evolution of humans: http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CC/CC050.h...

What other parts do you want? Hint: There's a LOT you missed.
Lets list the actual proven facts of evolution.

1)
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>The last thing I need on earth is any "right" you may bestow.

LMAO
LOL.

Post a comment of your own and they will condemn you for not having enough credentials. Quote an expert and you're a spammer.

Oh and then they will post that the article is false. Like they're the expert. LOL.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct I miss read the post.
"Evolutionists have used shared mistakes in ‘junk DNA’ as ‘proof’ that humans and chimps have a common ancestor. However, if the similar sequences are functional, which they are progressively proving to be, their argument evaporates.
It seems that evolutionist Dr John Mattick, director of the Institute for Molecular Bioscience at the University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia, was spot on in his assessment of the gravity of the ‘junk DNA’ error:
‘The failure to recognize the full implications of this—particularly the possibility that the intervening noncoding sequences may be transmitting parallel information … may well go down as one of the biggest mistakes in the history of molecular biology.
Both biblical creationists and ID proponents predicted that transposable elements, such as ‘endogenous retroviruses’, would have a function. In 2000, creationist molecular biologist Linda Walkup proposed that God could have created transposable elements to facilitate variation (adaptation) within biblical kinds.
If the ‘junk DNA’ is not junk, then it puts a big spanner in the work of molecular taxonomists, who assumed that ‘junk DNA’ was free to mutate at random, unconstrained by the requirements of functionality. As Williams points out:
‘The molecular taxonomists, who have been drawing up evolutionary histories (“phylogenies”) for nearly every kind of life, are going to have to undo all their years of “junk DNA”-based historical reconstructions and wait for the full implications to emerge before they try again.’"
"Junk DNA" is a layperson/creationist canard. Try harder, and stick to scientific inquiry in the discussion of scientific matters.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
1)
Still ignoring the facts and evidence. Not surprising.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

KJV wrote:
Or in your case; according to meth...

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
1)
\\\
again. You never actually addressed my post the last time I answered you --

" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 9,681 - 9,700 of11,195
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••