Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments
9,681 - 9,700 of 11,175 Comments Last updated Jan 18, 2014

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets list the actual proven facts of evolution.
1)
\\\
again. You never actually addressed my post the last time I answered you --

" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>\\\
again. You never actually addressed my post the last time I answered you --
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;
Yea, the coward doesn't answer all of my questions either.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, the coward doesn't answer all of my questions either.
You stated the reason in this post, he's a coward.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You stated the reason in this post, he's a coward.
Yes, but he is getting a lot of attention - which is, as he has admitted, all he really wants.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>Here's some successes:

http://www.scripps.edu/about/achievements.htm...

Here are just the first 3:

Addiction, providing evidence that the drug gabapentin affects certain components of the alcohol addiction cycle in the brain, supporting the idea that the medication, which is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for treating seizures and pain, also holds potential for the treatment of alcohol dependence.(Roberto, Koob, Siggins labs, 2008; clinical trial results, Mason lab, 2012)
HIV/AIDS, elucidating the structure of a number of human antibodies that neutralize many different strains of the virus—work that may one day contribute to an HIV vaccine.(Wilson, Burton labs (with Ollmann Saphire), 2001 – 2011).
Multiple sclerosis, developing the first of a new class of highly selective comopunds that effectively suppresses the severity of multiple sclerosis in animal models.(Burris lab, 2011).
“Swine flu,” solving the structure of a key protein from the virus that caused the recent H1N1 influenza epidemic. The structure reveals that the virus shares many features with influenza viruses common in the early 20th century, helping to explain why, in general, older individuals have been less severely affected by the recent outbreak than younger ones.(Wilson lab, 2010)

That means it's from an educational institute.
I forgot who I was dealing with. I must remind myself that I'm dealing with children.

You don't know what the difference is between good science and bad science?
Or are you going to claim there is no bad science?

"Note the .edu in the link."

WOW really?
Note: where are the missing links?

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
A fossil is flawed? How so?
If you think all fossils have been creditable, you haven't even read much on science.

Besides, you're a fossil, and we all know you're flawed, lol.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the rise of Islam concern you?
No, not in the slightest.
Are you worried about rising levels of atheism?
Absolutely!
Clearly you see atheism as the biggest threat to your mythology or you wouldn't be in here.
Khatru, I am concerned about Islam in connection with it's possible link to terrorism.

But since I don't believe in mythology, neither Islam nor atheism can negatively impact my belief whatsoever.

Does atheism worry me no why would it or how could atheism be a threat to me or what I believe? If someone believes in fraudulent science, or no God (or god) or believes that there are 100 various gods, that doesn't jeopardize or diminish MY belief, lol.

I don't even know any atheists personally, or if I do, they hid it out of shame, as I have found from my research that many atheists do.

I feel sorry for atheists, even though it's human nature to get mad at them, because most of them are rude and obnoxious. When anyone is confronted with people who are rude and obnoxious, the human reaction is to respond the same way back to them, lol. I realize I've been rude to you, when I shouldn't be, since I'm not sure you can overcome your ignorance.

But there is a part of me that still admires you for commending Noah and his family so many times for their knowledge. I know, I've said that before, but I don't want you to ever forget it.

Anyway.........participation in this forum has convinced me that atheists have absolutely nothing going for themselves, nor does the mythological fraudulent science on which their faith is based.

Also, participation in this forum has been encouraging and uplifting, since it has caused me to research so many topics, including the explosive the growth of Christianity in China and many other countries around the globe. Actually, I was very surprised at the encouraging statistics on it, weren't you?

Consequently, I'm happy to reassure you that I have grown in my faith and belief of the Christian God since participating for the past 3 months in this forum. In fact, I would like to thank you for helping me in that growth.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
God did not create the internet Dumbazz!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_I...
Without God, no one would be here to create the internet.

Scientists didn't create the internet.

The technology that brought us the internet was developed by contributions by people from all walks of life and thousands of occupations not just scientists particularly not biological scientists, which the majority of my posts have been about, lol.

So your previous posts were pointless and irrelevant.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is an established fact ...
No, it really isn't. You're false statement is outdated.

I've posted resources on that; available for re-posting if you need to see them - let me know, lol.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Without God, no one would be here to create the internet.
Scientists didn't create the internet.
The technology that brought us the internet was developed by contributions by people from all walks of life and thousands of occupations not just scientists particularly not biological scientists, which the majority of my posts have been about, lol.
So your previous posts were pointless and irrelevant.
You haven't proven your God exists. You've still got nothing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

correction to spelling in previous post:

YOUR false statemet.

(sorry, trying to hurry; not much time for any atheists except my old favorite, Khatru.)
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Lol

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what KJV, Dim, et al think.

They probably pat each other on the back in mutual admiration; knowing that they possess such discerning minds so as not to be fooled by the fossil trail or the numerous other pieces of evidence that Jehovah has used to trick men of reason into accepting.
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont know how KJV can account for the fossil record. Maybe Yahweh put those fossils in the ground to deliberate mislead us :)

http://www.earthage.org/EarthOldorYoung/scien...

"Contrary to popular belief, the dating of fossils is very subjective and arbitrary. Sometimes fossil dating is really a circular reasoning:

The ages of rocks are used to date fossils
The ages of fossils are used to date rocks.
Here is a quote from a peer reviewed science journal saying just that:

“The procession of life was never witnessed, it is inferred. The vertical sequence of fossils is thought to represent a process because the enclosing rocks are interpreted as a process. The rocks do date the fossils, but the fossils date the rocks more accurately. Stratigraphy cannot avoid this kind of reasoning, if it insists on using only temporal concepts, because circularity is inherent in the derivation of time scales.”(O’Rourke, J.E.,“Pragmatism Versus Materialism in Stratigraphy,” American Journal of Science, vol. 276, 1976, p. 53)(emphasis mine)

When a date is assigned to a fossil, it is also very important to pick the “correct” date. There are dates that are already accepted by evolutionists, and the date of a new fossil has to fit so as to not disrupt what has already been decided."

http://x-evolutionist.com/the-fossil-record-e...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I do. Please point out where you think the logic is flawed.
It's flawed because you simply posted some observations which you believe prove there is no God.

While it is certainly your right to post your observations and opinions, and you know we always enjoy those but they are not proof of anything. We don't even know who you are, so you're not important to us.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
There isn't time to wait 40 years?
ROFLMAO!!!!
How many untold millions of lives have been damaged waiting nearly 2000 years for Jesus No Show?
Even though I know you are eager to see Jesus, you're going to have to constrain your impatience.

From the Bible:

2 Peter, chapter 3, verse 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it really isn't. You're false statement is outdated.
I've posted resources on that; available for re-posting if you need to see them - let me know, lol.
Yes, it really is an established fact!! http://www.theclergyletterproject.org/Christi...
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Uh-oh

Is that the sound of KJV sneaking out of here?
No, I don't need to run from these threads I simply corrected your atheist buddy where he went wrong in his figuring.

Of course you're still trying to figure out what a coulomb is and what the ^ symbol means in a math equation. LOL
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>The post you linked to proves nothing about God, but it definitely proves that you need assistance in Bible study and reading the Bible with comprehension.
Kind of makes you wonder why he changed his name from "the serpent was right"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's flawed because you simply posted some observations which you believe prove there is no God.
While it is certainly your right to post your observations and opinions, and you know we always enjoy those but they are not proof of anything. We don't even know who you are, so you're not important to us.
Observation is what our experience on this world is all about. I pointed out facts supportable by evidence from your own buy bull. Then I extrapolated inescapable conclusion from those facts.

Your God is a fraud!! Deal with it!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes scientists to expose fake scientists.
Such a shame your religion doesn't keep its own house in order so effectively.
Wait a moment, my mistake - it does.
No less a person than KJV says that they (he didn't say who "they" were) correct the Bible every time a new document is found.
Wait a moment...
KJV also said that the Bible was perfect.
Care to help your friend out here? How can something that's perfect be corrected whenever new documents are found?
I will say that "new" documents aren't found. However, we know that new findings have produced original old documents heretofore undiscovered which I can only speculate contributes to the changes KJV referred to.

Be accurate and honest when in your heart you know the intent of the post, even if it wasn't stated to your satisfaction, just as you have sometimes stated things about Noah that came out differently than you may have intended. We don't want to nit pick - it's not prodctive, is it? LOL

However, when you are commenting on another poster, I again need to remind you that you should address your concerns with that poster, not me.

Just like I've told you before, if you have concerns about the content of posted links, you need to address them with the publishers, not me.

If you and I are going to remain the great friends we always have been, I will ask you to cooperate with me on this, and I will thank you for your usual fine cooperation.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont know how KJV can account for the fossil record. Maybe Yahweh put those fossils in the ground to deliberate mislead us :)
http://www.earthage.org/EarthOldorYoung/scien...
"Contrary to popular belief, the dating of fossils is very subjective and arbitrary. Sometimes fossil dating is really a circular reasoning:
The ages of rocks are used to date fossils
The ages of fossils are used to date rocks.
Here is a quote from a peer reviewed science journal saying just that:
“The procession of life was never witnessed, it is inferred. The vertical sequence of fossils is thought to represent a process because the enclosing rocks are interpreted as a process. The rocks do date the fossils, but the fossils date the rocks more accurately. Stratigraphy cannot avoid this kind of reasoning, if it insists on using only temporal concepts, because circularity is inherent in the derivation of time scales.”(O’Rourke, J.E.,“Pragmatism Versus Materialism in Stratigraphy,” American Journal of Science, vol. 276, 1976, p. 53)(emphasis mine)
When a date is assigned to a fossil, it is also very important to pick the “correct” date. There are dates that are already accepted by evolutionists, and the date of a new fossil has to fit so as to not disrupt what has already been decided."
http://x-evolutionist.com/the-fossil-record-e...
endogenous retroviruses do not rely on the fossil record and they also prove evolution is a fact. There are 29 different ways to prove evolution is a fact.

Your God ... not so much.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••