Don't dictate beliefs

Don't dictate beliefs

There are 11177 comments on the The Star Press story from Sep 5, 2012, titled Don't dictate beliefs. In it, The Star Press reports that:

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Star Press.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#10167 Jan 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Genuine science has evidence. Fake science makes assertions without evidence then seeks the evidence to support those assertions.
I never had much confidence in flawed evidence, Kitten. But it doesn't surprise me that you like it.

Nevertheless, I'm glad to have helped you as much as I possibly could by providing you many examples of fraudulent science and it's bogus evidence.

Kitten, it would be a true delight to spend the entire day with you chatting away just as we have been, but right now I have to do something important, like cleaing my fingernails and brushing my teeth.

Have a good day.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#10168 Jan 4, 2013
You criticism atheism, but what about your own beliefs. Man ascends to heaven on a cloud, and is coming back down as he went up. really? What nonsense. There is sky then space, we know this, but the inspired authors of the Bible did not know this. They thought the heavens had imaginary sky people.

Location hidden

#10169 Jan 4, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of these are Christians in name only. For example in the uk I believe >50% call themsleves Christian, but only 5% go to church on a Sunday.
Is that what you were, Adam? A Christian in name only? The same hypocrite then that you are now, just flying under a different banner?

Does going to church distinguish a Christian from a non Christian?

No, lol.

Who are you to decide how many in the statistics are Christians in name only? God will preside at judgment day. It will be a horrible day for you, Adam.

The statistics bear out the growth of Christianity, which was the point under discussion. Your assesment of their sincerity is highly irrelevant. It is quite safe to assume they are not atheists, lol.

Location hidden

#10170 Jan 4, 2013
Adam wrote:
You criticism atheism, but what about your own beliefs. Man ascends to heaven on a cloud, and is coming back down as he went up. really? What nonsense. There is sky then space, we know this, but the inspired authors of the Bible did not know this. They thought the heavens had imaginary sky people.
Your narrow mind can only comprehend the dimension that you see in your simplistic world view. Science can't help you go beyond it, because science is limited, just as you are.
KJV

United States

#10171 Jan 4, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>you need to prove your god before you criticize science. that's the rules.
Septic now makes the rules.

BaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

You believe that? Well that's a lot further out there then spontaneous life.

BaaaaHaaaa

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#10172 Jan 4, 2013
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
I never had much confidence in flawed evidence, Kitten. But it doesn't surprise me that you like it.
Nevertheless, I'm glad to have helped you as much as I possibly could by providing you many examples of fraudulent science and it's bogus evidence.
Kitten, it would be a true delight to spend the entire day with you chatting away just as we have been, but right now I have to do something important, like cleaing my fingernails and brushing my teeth.
Have a good day.
A fossil is flawed? How so?

I know hearsay is flawed, and all you have is hearsay for your mythology. So you are believing in flawed evidence.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#10173 Jan 4, 2013
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your narrow mind can only comprehend the dimension that you see in your simplistic world view. Science can't help you go beyond it, because science is limited, just as you are.
Quantum physics goes way beyond what can be seen.
KJV

United States

#10174 Jan 4, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>This is where you claim to be an expert in probability and statistics .... right?

Guys like you always get one major concept wrong ....

What are the odds a Jupiter sized world could come crashing through our solar system disrupting the planets and killing us all?

I can tell you it is infinitesimally small, but not zero probability... it hasn't happened in 4,500,000,000 years.

What are the odds a Mars sized planet could crash directly into the earth splintering it in to two pieces?

The probability of this happening is 1 ... certainty!!!.... It has already happened!!

So what are the "odds" of the Big Bang, Evolution and life taking hold on this formerly sterile planet?

Certainty!! It has already happened!! Deal with it!!!
Oh yes I see you make something up then you can't disprove it because you claim it's already happened.

That like you picking a number between one and a billion. Now the odds that you pick the number 5 would be one in a billion until you pick it then the odds go to 1 because you did pick it. Works well on facts then you realize that evolution is not a fact so we must go back to the odds at the beginning. Odds that you picking the number 5 out of a billion look like a sure thing.

You can't go to 1 until you prove it did happen that way until you do the odds remain out of this world.
KJV

United States

#10175 Jan 4, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Try to pay attention, read with comprehension. Move your lips if you need to ...

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
Do you truly believe that you've proven that God does not exist with that post?

You really think that by setting those lines in the sand proves there's no God?
KJV

United States

#10176 Jan 4, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Whudda maroon!!!
I know, you really believe a lot of idiotic ideas. Like you believe we don't know this "Ooogah Boogah" is really "The Serpent was right" & "Septic" & "Bobby"

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#10177 Jan 4, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, you really believe a lot of idiotic ideas. Like you believe we don't know this "Ooogah Boogah" is really "The Serpent was right" & "Septic" & "Bobby"
Interesting, they must all be great at masking their IPs then.
KJV

United States

#10178 Jan 4, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>So no answer, eh?

You keep on bitching like a little girl, but you've got nothing better.
Answer to what?

Batty what the hell would you like an answer to that has not been posted yet?

You've shown your true colors here with this post also. You're a male chauvinist pig. "bitching like a little girl"

You have shown also your ignorance.
Here's another little fact, little boys do a lot more whining and bitching then little Girls. Girls are way more mature at the same age as boys.
KJV

United States

#10179 Jan 4, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>Then we're not here.
A true Dolt would say that! LOL

An intelligent person would start looking at other possibilities of why we are here.
A very closed minded person would would say no matter what the odds are against it happening we are here therefore the Big Bang, Spontaneous life and evolution must all be true.
KJV

United States

#10180 Jan 4, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>Solid, but you forget how dense a skull it has to penetrate.
So you to believe that his post is proof of no God existing.

BaaaaaaHaaaaa
BaaaaaaHaaaaa
BaaaaaaHaaaaa

Derek!
Do see how stupid these people are?

BaaaaaaHaaaaa BaaaaaaHaaaaa

I can't hardly take it anymore. My sides are splitting. LoL

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#10181 Jan 4, 2013
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the funniest post today. Which scientist (or scientists)“produced” the internet? LMAO
God did not create the internet Dumbazz!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_I...

#10182 Jan 4, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes I see you make something up then you can't disprove it because you claim it's already happened.
That like you picking a number between one and a billion. Now the odds that you pick the number 5 would be one in a billion until you pick it then the odds go to 1 because you did pick it. Works well on facts then you realize that evolution is not a fact so we must go back to the odds at the beginning. Odds that you picking the number 5 out of a billion look like a sure thing.
You can't go to 1 until you prove it did happen that way until you do the odds remain out of this world.
Evolution is an established fact even tens of thousand of deluded Christian clergy agree. Only religitard maniacs like yourself don't.

#10183 Jan 4, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you truly believe that you've proven that God does not exist with that post?
You really think that by setting those lines in the sand proves there's no God?
Yes, I do. Please point out where you think the logic is flawed.
KJV

United States

#10184 Jan 4, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>I'll be satisfied if I achieve some modicum of annoyance. I call it "just revenge".
You should read that at the comedy club. You would have them rolling in the aisles.

Snake boy!

#10185 Jan 4, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
All this does is provide further evidence you are an idiot, but we knew that already.
KJV

United States

#10186 Jan 4, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>You know ... denial ain't just a river in Egypt.
Nor is all BS something that comes out of the rear end of a bull.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 1 hr Paul WV-Uncle Sam 325
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Joe Fortuna 257,132
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 20,270
What is of greater value for humanity: Chrisita... 2 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 435
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Chimney1 45,557
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 5 hr ATHEOI 21,398
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 9 hr NightSerf 10,341
More from around the web