Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 Full story: The Star Press 11,175

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Full Story

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#10157 Jan 4, 2013
Father Raymond de Souza writes in the National Post how atheist Christopher Hitchens was full of hate.

Christopher's own brother, Peter Hitchens – former atheist, confirms it.

Christopher exhibited the same self destructive hate as Richard Dawkins and Madalyn OHair.

Surely these undesirable characteristics cannot be admired in anyone.

http://www.cpedley.com/news-of-the-world/athe...

Christopher Hitchens ---“gone but not forgotten”, lol.

He is remembered forhis joyless life and his legacy of hate.

No copyrighted material was reproduced in this post.

Location hidden

#10158 Jan 4, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Protestants are no longer a majority in the US.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22150...
Due to the rising number of those with no religion!!
Have you been keeping up around the world, Adam?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-briggs/st...

Location hidden

#10159 Jan 4, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
So then, we can count on you to use the computers and internet that religion produced?? Any time now, M'kay?
That's the funniest post today. Which scientist (or scientists)“produced” the internet? LMAO

Location hidden

#10160 Jan 4, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't use genuine science websites either.
How do we tell genuine science from fake science?

Do we ask the peer-review groups that failed us?

Location hidden

#10161 Jan 4, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Protestants are no longer a majority in the US.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22150...
Due to the rising number of those with no religion!!
“In 2010, there were 2.30 billion Christians in the world, an increase of 300 million from two billion in 2005.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_popula...

I'd like to see the statistics on the explosive growth of atheism as it takes over the world. Can you help us with that, Adam?

Also, we would appreciate some statistics from you on how many millions of people were killed by communistic atheist regimes in our world history.

Thanks for your cooperation.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#10162 Jan 4, 2013
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right - you're not a scientist, so you are dishonest and unqualified to comment on it.
Where have I once stated I knew what a scientist does in their personal life? It's your article that does that, not me, I just pointed out the assumptions made in the article. I do know a bunch of scientists who do a ton of research "off the clock," they're on YouTube, often posting videos of their personal research.

Location hidden

#10163 Jan 4, 2013
Since it's been awhile, I would like to again thank our self appointed judge who is grading my posts with bad marks. As I've said before, I enjoy seeing those kinds of marks, since they remind me I'm right on track as long as the atheist community is opposed to me.

However, I'm disappointed in you for your negligence in missing some of my posts. Please insure you have graded all my posts with bad marks.

Thanks for your usual fine cooperation.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#10164 Jan 4, 2013
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
How do we tell genuine science from fake science?
Do we ask the peer-review groups that failed us?
Genuine science has evidence. Fake science makes assertions without evidence then seeks the evidence to support those assertions. Pretty easy actually, if they present evidence, and that evidence always produces the same results, it's valid.

So where is the evidence of your god?

Location hidden

#10165 Jan 4, 2013
Here's another link just for you, Adam:

“... an explosive growth in Christianity may be transforming the officially atheist regime.”
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/01/20/chris...

And don't forget to research about the growth of Christianity in Japan.

I'm glad you've started looking things up, lol.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#10166 Jan 4, 2013
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
“In 2010, there were 2.30 billion Christians in the world, an increase of 300 million from two billion in 2005.”
Most of these are Christians in name only. For example in the uk I believe >50% call themsleves Christian, but only 5% go to church on a Sunday.

Location hidden

#10167 Jan 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Genuine science has evidence. Fake science makes assertions without evidence then seeks the evidence to support those assertions.
I never had much confidence in flawed evidence, Kitten. But it doesn't surprise me that you like it.

Nevertheless, I'm glad to have helped you as much as I possibly could by providing you many examples of fraudulent science and it's bogus evidence.

Kitten, it would be a true delight to spend the entire day with you chatting away just as we have been, but right now I have to do something important, like cleaing my fingernails and brushing my teeth.

Have a good day.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#10168 Jan 4, 2013
You criticism atheism, but what about your own beliefs. Man ascends to heaven on a cloud, and is coming back down as he went up. really? What nonsense. There is sky then space, we know this, but the inspired authors of the Bible did not know this. They thought the heavens had imaginary sky people.

Location hidden

#10169 Jan 4, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of these are Christians in name only. For example in the uk I believe >50% call themsleves Christian, but only 5% go to church on a Sunday.
Is that what you were, Adam? A Christian in name only? The same hypocrite then that you are now, just flying under a different banner?

Does going to church distinguish a Christian from a non Christian?

No, lol.

Who are you to decide how many in the statistics are Christians in name only? God will preside at judgment day. It will be a horrible day for you, Adam.

The statistics bear out the growth of Christianity, which was the point under discussion. Your assesment of their sincerity is highly irrelevant. It is quite safe to assume they are not atheists, lol.

Location hidden

#10170 Jan 4, 2013
Adam wrote:
You criticism atheism, but what about your own beliefs. Man ascends to heaven on a cloud, and is coming back down as he went up. really? What nonsense. There is sky then space, we know this, but the inspired authors of the Bible did not know this. They thought the heavens had imaginary sky people.
Your narrow mind can only comprehend the dimension that you see in your simplistic world view. Science can't help you go beyond it, because science is limited, just as you are.
KJV

United States

#10171 Jan 4, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>you need to prove your god before you criticize science. that's the rules.
Septic now makes the rules.

BaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

You believe that? Well that's a lot further out there then spontaneous life.

BaaaaHaaaa

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#10172 Jan 4, 2013
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
I never had much confidence in flawed evidence, Kitten. But it doesn't surprise me that you like it.
Nevertheless, I'm glad to have helped you as much as I possibly could by providing you many examples of fraudulent science and it's bogus evidence.
Kitten, it would be a true delight to spend the entire day with you chatting away just as we have been, but right now I have to do something important, like cleaing my fingernails and brushing my teeth.
Have a good day.
A fossil is flawed? How so?

I know hearsay is flawed, and all you have is hearsay for your mythology. So you are believing in flawed evidence.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#10173 Jan 4, 2013
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your narrow mind can only comprehend the dimension that you see in your simplistic world view. Science can't help you go beyond it, because science is limited, just as you are.
Quantum physics goes way beyond what can be seen.
KJV

United States

#10174 Jan 4, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>This is where you claim to be an expert in probability and statistics .... right?

Guys like you always get one major concept wrong ....

What are the odds a Jupiter sized world could come crashing through our solar system disrupting the planets and killing us all?

I can tell you it is infinitesimally small, but not zero probability... it hasn't happened in 4,500,000,000 years.

What are the odds a Mars sized planet could crash directly into the earth splintering it in to two pieces?

The probability of this happening is 1 ... certainty!!!.... It has already happened!!

So what are the "odds" of the Big Bang, Evolution and life taking hold on this formerly sterile planet?

Certainty!! It has already happened!! Deal with it!!!
Oh yes I see you make something up then you can't disprove it because you claim it's already happened.

That like you picking a number between one and a billion. Now the odds that you pick the number 5 would be one in a billion until you pick it then the odds go to 1 because you did pick it. Works well on facts then you realize that evolution is not a fact so we must go back to the odds at the beginning. Odds that you picking the number 5 out of a billion look like a sure thing.

You can't go to 1 until you prove it did happen that way until you do the odds remain out of this world.
KJV

United States

#10175 Jan 4, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Try to pay attention, read with comprehension. Move your lips if you need to ...

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
Do you truly believe that you've proven that God does not exist with that post?

You really think that by setting those lines in the sand proves there's no God?
KJV

United States

#10176 Jan 4, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Whudda maroon!!!
I know, you really believe a lot of idiotic ideas. Like you believe we don't know this "Ooogah Boogah" is really "The Serpent was right" & "Septic" & "Bobby"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 13 min Richardfs 147
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 56 min KiMare 232,888
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 2 hr Eagle 12 2,262
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 4 hr _Bad Company 141
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 5 hr thetruth 34
God' existence 5 hr thetruth 67
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 21 hr _Bad Company 23,198
More from around the web